Turkish Antivaxers: ‘Strange’ symposium against vaccination in Istanbul, 8 March

• 48 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Istanbul, Turkey

In contrast to Turkey in the period in which the desired rise of vaccine and anti-vaccine symposium drew a large attendance fee is determined as 100 pounds response. Upon the reactions, Yeditepe University gave up allocating space for the symposium.

Yeditepe University The university administration did not allocate space for reactions to vaccine opponents, who came to the agenda with the efforts to organize a symposium. ‘I. It was revealed that the person organizing the International Vaccination Facts’ symposium was also a sound engineer and musician.

The number of vaccine opponents in Turkey is increasing day by day. Experts warn that the number of families that rejected the vaccine, which was 11,000 in 2016, is now close to 50,000. The number of measles cases, which was 662 in 2018, reached 2666 in December. While the Ministry of Health and scientists warn that those who constantly fuel anti-vaccination are not experts, they continue to mislead the public.

TV show presenter Joan Shenton, who runs campaigns on the rejection of AIDS among the speakers of the symposium, and anthropologist Mario Lamo Jimenez, known for her unscientific statements about the side effects of the HPV vaccine, and Dr. Hasan Gökhan Şentürk. Lucy Hinks’ father, Steve Hinks, who was alleged to be a victim of vaccination, said; “There is a time when it is not enough to be awake. We are called to stand up and defend the truth!” It is planned to have a talk titled.

Organized by sound engineer and musician Su Asaad (Somuncuoğlu), ‘I. It was announced that the International Vaccination Facts Symposium will be organized at Yeditepe University on Saturday, March 8. While the participation fee was determined as 100 lira, it was announced that the total participation was limited to 1200 people. However, upon the increasing reactions in social media, Yeditepe University announced that they did not approve the symposium in question and that no place would be allocated for such an event.

Su Asaad (Somuncuoğlu) declared that the symposium will be held elsewhere on his social media account, and wrote, “The symposium is not canceled. It will be held on the same date. There is only a change in place.”

https://www.mbs.news/a/2020/02/strange-organization-against-vaccination-participation-100-lira.html

I hope it will done. People have a right to learn the truth. The right of people to gather and organize cannot be prevented.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:27:26 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
I hope it will done. People have a right to learn the truth. The right of people to gather and organize cannot be prevented.

I fail to see how a "sound engineer and musician" would be an authority on the side effects of vaccines".

Your health department has this to say about the dangers of this anti-vaccination campaign.
The number of vaccine opponents in Turkey is increasing day by day. Experts warn that the number of families that rejected the vaccine, which was 11,000 in 2016, is now close to 50,000. The number of measles cases, which was 662 in 2018, reached 2666 in December.
Open your eyes and look at the dangers of this anti-vaccination campaign.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Is wise pro or anti vax?

The number of measles cases, which was 662 in 2018, reached 2666 in December.
Well done.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Well done.
How many children dead or become autistic because of measles cases?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Lorddave

Well done.

Alot died.
None lived to become autistic.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Well done.
Before the introduction of the vaccine, measles used to kill 2.6 million people a year - mainly children.  It still causes 140,000 deaths, mainly in places where the vaccine isn't available (or where idiots have stopped vaccinating children).  It has saved something like 26 million lives over the years, making it one of the wonders of the modern age.

Anti-vaxxers are the worst kind of morons.  A pox on humanity.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Vaccines cause adults.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Well done.
It's your country, YOU tell us!
Quote from: WHO 5 December 2019
More than 140,000 die from measles as cases surge worldwide

Infants and young children most at risk of fatal complications, health agencies warn

Worldwide more than 140,000 people died from measles in 2018, according to new estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United States Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC). These deaths occurred as measles cases surged globally, amidst devastating outbreaks in all regions.

Most deaths were among children under 5 years of age. Babies and very young children are at greatest risk from measles infections, with potential complications including pneumonia and encephalitis (a swelling of the brain), as well as lifelong disability - permanent brain damage, blindness or hearing loss.

Recently published evidence shows that contracting the measles virus can have further long-term health impacts, with the virus damaging the immune system’s memory for months or even years following infection. This ‘immune amnesia’ leaves survivors vulnerable to other potentially deadly diseases, like influenza or severe diarrhoea, by harming the body’s immune defenses.

“The fact that any child dies from a vaccine-preventable disease like measles is frankly an outrage and a collective failure to protect the world’s most vulnerable children,” said Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreysus, Director-General of the World Health Organization. “To save lives, we must ensure everyone can benefit from vaccines - which means investing in immunization and quality health care as a right for all.”

Measles is preventable through vaccination. However, vaccination rates globally have stagnated for almost a decade. WHO and UNICEF estimate that 86% of children globally received the first dose of measles vaccine through their country’s routine vaccination services in 2018, and fewer than 70% received the second recommended dose.

Worldwide, coverage with measles vaccine is not adequate to prevent outbreaks. WHO recommends that 95% vaccination coverage with two doses of measles vaccine is needed in each country and all communities to protect populations from the disease.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Well done.
Alot died.
This is not the case in news I shared. You are adding it your own opinion without providing any evidence. Maybe nobody dead and maybe many became autistic. "Alot(many)" isn't a number that I ask.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Lorddave

Well done.
Alot died.
This is not the case in news I shared. You are adding it your own opinion without providing any evidence. Maybe nobody dead and maybe many became autistic. "Alot(many)" isn't a number that I ask.
I'll trust WHO more than your news.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Well done.
Alot died.
I'll trust WHO more than your news.
But you did not share anything what WHO tells about how many children dead of measles cases in Turkey during 2018 december and how many of them became autistic. If WHO told something, I am ready to listen you.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
140,000 kids die and wise is happy.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
This is two lies. There was only 2600 cases how 140,000 of 2,600 dies? You are lying both about 140,000 and about me being happy.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
140,000 is world wide. Does it really matter how many of trueness were in Turkey?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Lorddave

Deaths in Turkey: 0
According to Turkey.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Deaths in Turkey: 0
According to Turkey.

Here is Turkey, hence according to Turkey is the legal according.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
According to the death rate, 10 died in 2018 and 38 died in 2019.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
The real question is just why does Wise want to condemn millions around the world to unnecessary life-long complications and death because HE ignores the science.

If it weren't for vaccination there would be millions more dead from smallpox alone.
Quote from: Sophie Ochmann and Max Roser
Our World i Data: Smallpox
Death
While an infection of the variola minor virus would lead to death with a probability of less than one percent, the case fatality rate of the variola major virus has been estimated to be around 30 percent.

The Oxford Textbook of Medicine notes symptoms of prostration (total exhaustion), toxaemia (usually poisoned by bacterial toxins) and hypotension (low blood pressure) but the exact biological mechanism causing such symptoms are unknown.

Death usually occurred 10 to 16 days after the onset of symptoms.

Lack of treatment
There was never a treatment for smallpox. Once a person was infected it was impossible to treat them; one could only helplessly let the disease run its course. It might be possible that modern antiviral drugs would now allow a treatment of the disease if the disease still existed.

Wise >:D should cease his "evilness >:D" and hatred >:D of people at large.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
The real question is just why does Wise want to condemn millions around the world to unnecessary life-long complications and death because HE ignores the science.

If it weren't for vaccination there would be millions more dead from smallpox alone.
Quote from: Sophie Ochmann and Max Roser
Our World i Data: Smallpox
Death
While an infection of the variola minor virus would lead to death with a probability of less than one percent, the case fatality rate of the variola major virus has been estimated to be around 30 percent.

The Oxford Textbook of Medicine notes symptoms of prostration (total exhaustion), toxaemia (usually poisoned by bacterial toxins) and hypotension (low blood pressure) but the exact biological mechanism causing such symptoms are unknown.

Death usually occurred 10 to 16 days after the onset of symptoms.

Lack of treatment
There was never a treatment for smallpox. Once a person was infected it was impossible to treat them; one could only helplessly let the disease run its course. It might be possible that modern antiviral drugs would now allow a treatment of the disease if the disease still existed.

Wise >:D should cease his "evilness >:D" and hatred >:D of people at large.

It’s a mix of ignorance towards science and racism towards the west and “white” countries.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Oh no, he'd be happier if we went back before the vaccine was invented and it killed millions of children every year.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Oh no, he'd be happier if we went back before the vaccine was invented and it killed millions of children every year.

This is same sokarul, just a bit later:

I do not see any threatening, and you?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
What are you trying to get at? It’s ok to say what you mean.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Maybe I figured out his confusion.

140,000 is how many kids died.

10 and 38 is an estimate for how many died in Turkey.

Millions is an estimate of how many kids would die if the vaccine was never invented.

Hope this clears your confusion.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Will more or less than 140,000 kids die of measles in a year if the vaccine was banned today?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
There isn't an acceptable evidence these children die without vaccination. Your repeating same BS does not mean anything.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

sokarul

• Extra Racist
It’s a simple question. Do vaccines save lives?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
They take lives, they make people sick. But it is just a baseless claim them saving lifes.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

They take lives, they make people sick. But it is just a baseless claim them saving lifes.
Idiot.

Lorddave

When someone dismisses the massive volume of evidence that vaccines prevent illnesses like measels, small pox, and polio: there is no point in arguing further.  They are lost.  Not even God could convince them.

Just let them die, believing they are right.