Give me evidence.

• 6 Replies
Give me evidence.
« on: February 13, 2020, 03:03:29 PM »
First things first, hey!

I'm one of those people that need evidence to believe things, now I'm not saying that the Earth isn't flat (some of you make valid points) but I've been reading through all the forums on this page and I've noticed something, not many of you actually argue your points. In one forum someone asked 'prove the earth is flat' to which the reply "look out your window" was posted. That's not proof of the Earth being flat.

So, I just want to understand more of why you guys believe it to be flat and what evidence you have when there is so much research and evidence against it?

Re: Give me evidence.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 03:35:00 PM »
First things first, hey!

I'm one of those people that need evidence to believe things, now I'm not saying that the Earth isn't flat (some of you make valid points) but I've been reading through all the forums on this page and I've noticed something, not many of you actually argue your points. In one forum someone asked 'prove the earth is flat' to which the reply "look out your window" was posted. That's not proof of the Earth being flat.

So, I just want to understand more of why you guys believe it to be flat and what evidence you have when there is so much research and evidence against it?
There is none *shocked*

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:13:44 PM »
First things first, hey!

There is none *shocked*
But the horizon is flat! Look:

Look:

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 01:30:35 AM »
I'm looking out my window and although its hilly the horizon is flat. Now when you're up in the sky, 65000ft or whatever its curved and obviously curved.
Saying theres no evidence, then how can you guys be so sure that it's flat.

I've recently watched a video with Mark Sargent (big flatearther) and he states that the photos from the space stations proving its curve are CGI, is this what you guys believe??

I will add, I dont want an arguement or to annoy you guys I'm just curious about it all :)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Member of the Brotherhood of the Dome
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 01:55:31 AM »
I'm looking out my window and although its hilly the horizon is flat. Now when you're up in the sky, 65000ft or whatever its curved and obviously curved.
Saying theres no evidence, then how can you guys be so sure that it's flat.

I've recently watched a video with Mark Sargent (big flatearther) and he states that the photos from the space stations proving its curve are CGI, is this what you guys believe??

I will add, I dont want an arguement or to annoy you guys I'm just curious about it all :)

there is no curvature in terms of height. You see this when you look at the horizon. but when you ascend yourself, you start to see from a wider perspective. the curvature you see in this case is not a spherical curvature, but a circular curvature. because if you expand the angle and see 180 degrees, what you see has to be in a semicircle as you rise.

I don't want to talk about what Mark said. wise is here, no Mark needed.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

Werenasa XXII - SIGN UP Here!: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=86459.0
Proud vocal racist members management stands by
sokarul
NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »
there is no curvature in terms of height. You see this when you look at the horizon. but when you ascend yourself, you start to see from a wider perspective. the curvature you see in this case is not a spherical curvature, but a circular curvature. because if you expand the angle and see 180 degrees, what you see has to be in a semicircle as you rise.
Why should that be dependent on height at all?

You have the same FOV at ground level as you do when you are up high.
If it was due to your FOV you would have the same curve.

faded mike

• new world
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2020, 12:06:18 AM »
Because of the angle fromyour eye to the ground...methinks
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

I am not a druggy