• 35 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Held hostage by ransomware from Russia
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
Well, everything will be 100 percent again by 11am this morning. Absolute BS

Who said that?

Perhaps I posted that incorrectly... supposed to read

Well, everything will be 100 percent again by 11 this morning....then a pause, then absolute BS, speaking of this happening and the expense/time wasted.

As for who said that...the company I hired to hopefully fix this mess.

Despite that post, it didn't actually happen until late Thursday evening when everything was operational again.

This, and how is it being made 100%?

I don't understand the question?

What did they do, pay the ransome?

Nope, opted to take the loss wherever I had to. It was principle not to give those pieces of shit anything.... Only thing I would give them is a slow death if I ever had the option.
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2020, 04:32:13 PM »
OK so how are you getting everything back? That's the question here. "Everything will be 100%" but how? Did they find a way to decrypt your data somehow? Are you just getting your systems back online and moving forward without the stuff that was lost? Were there backups that they found that they can restore you to, and minimize the lost data?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »
OK so how are you getting everything back? That's the question here. "Everything will be 100%" but how? Did they find a way to decrypt your data somehow? Are you just getting your systems back online and moving forward without the stuff that was lost? Were there backups that they found that they can restore you to, and minimize the lost data?

Guess I should have been more descriptive.

By 100 percent, yes, back online and moving forward. Yes, lost information, all from that one company.

Sadly, it also got me to really audit that company and realize the dead weight they have been (I have been displeased with that acquisition since the beginning) Ended up dissolving what good was left into my conglomerate. Fired most, gave early retirement to one person and kept a couple of the stars and moved them with increased pay.

I don't know what the total lost will be yet...it seems after insurance etc it will be around 150-200k, but I won't know for sure till the end of the month.
Tell that to Epstein!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2020, 09:37:19 PM »

Guess I should have been more descriptive.

By 100 percent, yes, back online and moving forward. Yes, lost information, all from that one company.

Sadly, it also got me to really audit that company and realize the dead weight they have been (I have been displeased with that acquisition since the beginning) Ended up dissolving what good was left into my conglomerate. Fired most, gave early retirement to one person and kept a couple of the stars and moved them with increased pay.

I don't know what the total lost will be yet...it seems after insurance etc it will be around 150-200k, but I won't know for sure till the end of the month.

That's unfortunate. 

What sort of business was it if you don't mind me asking?  Was it the kind where losing all that information would effectively kill it?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2020, 10:02:38 PM »

That's unfortunate. 

What sort of business was it if you don't mind me asking?  Was it the kind where losing all that information would effectively kill it?

Was a small design firm, along with some machinery. Taking the machinery that is still worth anything, adding it to my main facility. Taking whatever data was left unmolested, already said what is happening to the employees. The building is a lease, so dumping that and scrapping everything else in the building along with the garbage machinery.

Whomp
Tell that to Epstein!

Lorddave

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2020, 10:55:13 PM »
That is unfortunate.

But at least it didn't hit the main business so damage wasn't as bad as it could have been.  And you can look into good, off site backup systems.