Dark Moon

• 183 Replies

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Dark Moon
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2020, 01:25:27 PM »
There is plenty of evidence of the harmful nature of moonlight.

Oh where to begin, for in all directions it is so plentiful one must wonder if your tin foil hat has fallen over your eyes on this point.

Acomys cahirnus can be noted to have a drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon. He is not alone in this as it affects much of the animal kingdom and other kingdoms. Bats for instance tend to reduce hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon; lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the moon by increasing their hunting rates. Human doctor visits increase during the full moon as do pet vet visits. Corals go into a mating frenzing due to the lack of smaller biological enemies subdued by the full moon. Some scorpians even glow blue due to it attacking certain proteins. Even man sleeps worse in the full moon. Fish rots faster when left out in moonlight. Man has often put out laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons - and stay out of contact with others. These included laws around preventing sailors from sleeping on decks in the moonlight.

Any man who has owned a horse and seen it afflicted with the terrible disease of moonblindness can attest that the intermittency of the blindness is dictated by the lesser luminary. Lyme disease is worsened by the full moon. As is Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis, and many other ailments. Parasites are also more active during the full moon, taking advantage of their weakened hosts.

Some studies show an astonishing 80% of emergency department nurses and 64% of emergency physicians believed the moon affects patients. I'm sure these experts are all idiots and superstitious.

More than this, it has been firmly established by Rowbotham and others on both sides of the aisle, such as Plutarch's treatise, that fish rot when left out in moonlight. How can you even hope to topple the truth of the Flat Earth if you are not even familiar with the greatest work of scientific literature known to man?

Its ludicrous to say the moon is not dangerous and you know it. Every culture on earth has known it. Animals know it. Primates know it. Lions know it. Doctors, Nurses, Psychiatric professionals all will attest to the moons dangerous affects. And even you, yes you, know it somewhere buried deep below the piles of rotund mess they threw in your head. You just have to let it shine through.

As Shakespeare once warned:
"It is the very error of the moon, She comes more near the earth than she was wont, And makes men mad."

And Hippocrates confirms: "no physician should be entrusted with the treatment of disease who was ignorant of the science of astronomy."

And Pliny the Elder reports that it led to the brain to be 'unnaturally moist' leading to madness.

And, again, we see the truth through Paracelsus
"mania has the following symptoms: frantic behaviour, unreasonableness, constant restlessness and mischievousness. Some patients suffer from it depending on the phases of the moon."

German psychologist Ewald Hering: "with full moon, increasing mania."

Even rock stars know it: https://idobi.com/podcast/053-john-eric-davis-flat-earth-society/
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Yes

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2020, 01:28:23 PM »
For those that doubt these findings, I challenge you to very closely examine the ovaries of the mussels found within our oceans and honestly try to argue otherwise. The speculum of truth lies beneath your sandy feet.
I feel like this needs further elaboration.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2020, 01:29:56 PM »
Doris Day. By the Light of the Moon.

JackBlack

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »
Acomys cahirnus can be noted to have a drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon.
Which is "harmful" to the predators which would rather eat it.
That isn't a harmful effect of the moon light.
Most of what you are saying in that section is describing different behaviour during the full moon rather than any indication of actual harm from the moon light.
The only times you go into harm it is just making baseless assertions.

Some make no sense at all.
If the moonlight causes so much harm that it weakens things, why would lions go hunting in this weakened state?

Some studies show an astonishing 80% of emergency department nurses and 64% of emergency physicians believed the moon affects patients.
Yes, believes. So no indication of any actual harmful effect.

More than this, it has been firmly established by Rowbotham
I wouldn't say anything has been firmly established by Row Boat except his lack of integrity.

fish rot when left out in moonlight.
Fish rot in general.

Its ludicrous to say the moon is not dangerous and you know it.
No, it isn't.
There is nothing more than wild speculation including superstitious nonsense claiming it to be harmful, combined with different behaviours due to a difference in light level.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »

Oh where to begin, for in all directions it is so plentiful one must wonder if your tin foil hat has fallen over your eyes on this point.

Acomys cahirnus can be noted to have a drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon. He is not alone in this as it affects much of the animal kingdom and other kingdoms. Bats for instance tend to reduce hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon; lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the moon by increasing their hunting rates. Human doctor visits increase during the full moon as do pet vet visits. Corals go into a mating frenzing due to the lack of smaller biological enemies subdued by the full moon. Some scorpians even glow blue due to it attacking certain proteins. Even man sleeps worse in the full moon. Fish rots faster when left out in moonlight. Man has often put out laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons - and stay out of contact with others. These included laws around preventing sailors from sleeping on decks in the moonlight.

Any man who has owned a horse and seen it afflicted with the terrible disease of moonblindness can attest that the intermittency of the blindness is dictated by the lesser luminary. Lyme disease is worsened by the full moon. As is Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis, and many other ailments. Parasites are also more active during the full moon, taking advantage of their weakened hosts.

Some studies show an astonishing 80% of emergency department nurses and 64% of emergency physicians believed the moon affects patients. I'm sure these experts are all idiots and superstitious.

More than this, it has been firmly established by Rowbotham and others on both sides of the aisle, such as Plutarch's treatise, that fish rot when left out in moonlight. How can you even hope to topple the truth of the Flat Earth if you are not even familiar with the greatest work of scientific literature known to man?

Its ludicrous to say the moon is not dangerous and you know it. Every culture on earth has known it. Animals know it. Primates know it. Lions know it. Doctors, Nurses, Psychiatric professionals all will attest to the moons dangerous affects. And even you, yes you, know it somewhere buried deep below the piles of rotund mess they threw in your head. You just have to let it shine through.

"It is the very error of the moon, She comes more near the earth than she was wont, And makes men mad."

And Hippocrates confirms: "no physician should be entrusted with the treatment of disease who was ignorant of the science of astronomy."

And Pliny the Elder reports that it led to the brain to be 'unnaturally moist' leading to madness.

"mania has the following symptoms: frantic behaviour, unreasonableness, constant restlessness and mischievousness. Some patients suffer from it depending on the phases of the moon."

Even rock stars know it: https://idobi.com/podcast/053-john-eric-davis-flat-earth-society/
Sure, evidence right up there with Rowbotham's evidence for a flat Earth.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2020, 02:47:19 PM »

https://thedo.osteopathic.org/2015/10/full-moon-madness-in-the-er-myth-or-reality/

The evidence is there is no correlation. They are mistaken.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2020, 02:51:32 PM »

Acomys cahirnus can be noted to have a drop in body temperature and activity during the full moon. He is not alone in this as it affects much of the animal kingdom and other kingdoms. Bats for instance tend to reduce hunting to avoid the harmful polarized light of the moon;

Light reflected off the moon and direct sunlight are both not polarized, but both can gain polarization through the atmosphere and reflected off of surfaces and such.

lions take advantage of the weakness of other animals during the moon by increasing their hunting rates.

It's not weakness in prey animals caused by moonlight, it's purely a visibility issue; prey is more easily seen in the light.
"Some animals, especially nocturnal species, have adapted their hunting and mating activities to the light of the moon. Some animals simply see better at night or are aided by the light of the moon. In contrast, prey animals know that to be seen means to be eaten, so it's prudent to hide when the moon is bright."

There's no evidence that moonlight causes 'weakness' in the animal kingdom

Some scorpians even glow blue due to it attacking certain proteins.

Again, a visibility issue between predator and prey:
"SCORPIONS may use the mysterious green glow they emit in ultraviolet light as a crude tool for deciding when the night is too bright for them to go out safely."

Even man sleeps worse in the full moon.

I don't.

Fish rots faster when left out in moonlight.

Faster than what?

Man has often put out laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons - and stay out of contact with others. These included laws around preventing sailors from sleeping on decks in the moonlight.

Laws? I have found no laws.

Any man who has owned a horse and seen it afflicted with the terrible disease of moonblindness can attest that the intermittency of the blindness is dictated by the lesser luminary.

Equine Moonblindness (or Equine Recurrent Uveitis):
"We now know that moon blindness can occur over a period of days, weeks, months or years and has nothing to do with the moon...Bacteria, fungus, viruses, parasites, pollen, vitamin deficiencies, autoimmune deficiencies and physical injury all may be a cause of moon blindness."

Lyme disease is worsened by the full moon.

Lyme bacteria asexually reproduces on a 4 week cycle not attributed to the moon.

As is Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis, and many other ailments.

Referred to as "Sundowning: Late-day confusion". Moon or no moon, doesn't matter.

"During thirteen months, 58000 trauma patients admitted in three hospitals that had the highest load of trauma patients in Tehran were studied...In our study the number of trauma patients was not increased during the full moon days against other days of lunar month."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2020, 03:25:14 PM »

Faster than what?

This I can even answer! "Fish rots faster when left out in moonlight" than when kept in a refrigerator .

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2020, 04:05:44 PM »
... Man has often put out laws dictating that one should harvest during certain moons ...

This is not true. In fact, while there are no laws one way or the other, farmers used to harvest during the full moon:

In grain-growing regions such as the American great plains, rain is common in summer. Rain on ripe wheat can spoil it. So it is critical that it be harvested as quickly as possible once it is ripe. Before farmers had tractors with electric lights the light of the moon made it possible to harvest the grain non-stop, day and night until it was all harvested. Nowadays this is easier because tractors have headlights and farmers can work all night. But before there were electric lights, farmers would plant their grain at a certain phase of the moon (depending on the length of time it took a particular kind of grain to grow and ripen) timing the planting so that the grain would ripen at the full moon, so that they could harvest all night (and all day) long.

Farmers routinely and always harvested during the full moon. You've got it completely upside down and backwards, just as all your arguments for FET are upside down and backwards.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2020, 04:10:11 PM »

Faster than what?

This I can even answer! "Fish rots faster when left out in moonlight" than when kept in a refrigerator .

Because the refrigerator keeps out the moonlight. Sorry. I just had to say that before Wise or John Davis beat me to it.  ;) O:-) ;D  FE is so frigging stupid sometimes I just can't resist .

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »

Faster than what?

Because the refrigerator keeps out the moonlight.
Why didn't I think of that? But then again so many videos claim that moonlight cools, see:

Magnified moonlight seems to have cooling effect,

unlike reflected sunlight.

Cold Moonlight? Yes moonlight definitely cools.

Any explanations?

That last  video asks "Any explanations?" so try this one Why is moonlight cold?

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2020, 05:18:21 PM »
So you need to put the fish in the refrigerator and the refrigerator in the moonlight. ;D

And just because I like it, here's the Doris Day song again, proving that moonlight is romantic and is not harmful unless falling in love is a bad thing.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2020, 05:28:41 PM »
So you need to put the fish in the refrigerator and the refrigerator in the moonlight. ;D

And just because I like it, here's the Doris Day song again, proving that moonlight is romantic and is not harmful unless falling in love is a bad thing.

I know you enjoy heckling flat earthers like myself, but please heed our warning when it comes to moonlight. You and rab seem like decent enough fellas and I don't want you two ending up sick and hurt.

Please review how startling the dangerous effects of moonlight on plants can be. My experiment is data driven and can be replicated. My only regret is having to purposefully stress and harm plant life in the pursuit of truth.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=36906.0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:11:09 PM by Ichimaru Gin :] »
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2020, 06:21:51 PM »
So far the complaints to my above posts have been an exercise in cherry picking and google dicking.

Man sleeps worse in full moon:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-23405941
Interestingly, this is not the case when placed in a room with protection from moonlight.

Again, the Alzheimer’s Association relates a study by Dr. Alan Beck which concluded wandering, agitation, physical aggression, and verbal confrontation were increased and lasted longer in Alzheimer's patients during the full moon. The results were said to be "largely significant." This is not the only study of this nature.

I suggest you take appropriate precautions: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66597.120

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2020, 06:26:30 PM »

I know you enjoy heckling flat earthers like myself, but please heed our warning when it comes to moonlight. You and rab seem like decent enough fellas and I don't want you two ending up sick and hurt.

Please review how startling the dangerous effects of moonlight on plants can be. My experiment is data driven and can be replicated. My only regret is having to purposefully stress and harm plant life in the pursuit of truth.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=36906.0

Interesting research. Everything I've read about the properties of moonlight (the moon itself) and it's effects on plant life/vegetation, specifically agriculture, has been the exact opposite. Healthy, not harmful.
Mostly how moisture content is moved throughout the structure of the plant life, to the benefit of growth. It's no mystery that plant life has evolved to depend upon light from a photosynthetic perspective. The moon provides a reflected light that works in harmony with nature just as the sun does directly. Again, no mystery.

To say that moonlight is harmful is dubious at best and contrary to science, aside from dismembering your Hydras.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2020, 06:30:52 PM »
I am a man and I do not sleep worse at a time of a full moon!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »
You and rab seem like decent enough fellas and I don't want you two ending up sick and hurt.
I'm still waiting for any evidence that there is any sign of bioluminescent matter, living or otherwise, on the Moon. So far your have provided none.
For those that doubt these findings, I challenge you to very closely examine the ovaries of the mussels found within our oceans and honestly try to argue otherwise. The speculum of truth lies beneath your sandy feet.
This is all about bioluminescent organisms on Earth and so is quite irrelevant.

And, I should point out that correlation is not proof nor even good evidence of causation.
Quote from:  Ky Harlin, BuzzFeed: Director of Data Science
The 10 Most Bizarre Correlations
A pirate shortage caused global warming.

Eating organic food causes autism

Using Internet Explorer leads to murder

Mexican lime imports prevent highway deaths

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
You must be a fool then.

Any knowledged man will readily acknowledge that the lesser luminary's light will beg at man's will and sanity. To think that the moon's light affects not a single part of man is a modern novelty. Something about the mindset of modern man seems to deem that "lunar madness" is a non-scientific phenomenae and of superstition, and thus those that follow orthodoxy fall in line.

The modern scientist cares far more for coherency with fashion than he does with Truth.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
And to the moon: you might sleep worse and not know it. Its well established. Here's I don't know. A bbc on it. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43960958

Because you can't be bothered to consult the infinite knowledge at your fingertips before disagreeing with a flatist.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2020, 06:36:20 PM »
Rest well in your convictions, but please. For the sake of goodness cover your blinds at the least. I have suffered the malaise of the moon and it is not something you should wish upon your enemies.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2020, 06:42:36 PM »
So far the complaints to my above posts have been an exercise in cherry picking and google dicking.

Your complaints about the moon and its 'harmful' effects are just as much, if not more, of an exercise in cherry picking and google dicking?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-23405941
Interestingly, this is not the case when placed in a room with protection from moonlight.

Interesting results regarding the 33 participants in the study. Things like, "During a full moon, it took participants 5 minutes longer to fall asleep..." Like I said, I am not personally sleep affected by the moon cycle, but perhaps I don't notice the 5 minute difference.

Again, the Alzheimer’s Association relates a study by Dr. Alan Beck which concluded wandering, agitation, physical aggression, and verbal confrontation were increased and lasted longer in Alzheimer's patients during the full moon. The results were said to be "largely significant." This is not the only study of this nature.

All I could find about Dr. Beck's study was: "During the full moon, Alzheimer's patients displayed a significant increase in wandering, anxiety, physical aggression and verbal confrontation. The full moon also appeared to significantly affect the activities of daily living for the Alzheimer's patients." I couldn't find 'largely' anywhere.

Though interesting, saying moonlight is 'harmful' is just clickbait at this point and doesn't address the fact that moonlight is reflected from the sun and not from some zero-evidence notion that there are bioluminescent creatures up there lighting themselves up in a highly predictable, clock-like manner to present the phases to us.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
Rest well in your convictions, but please. For the sake of goodness cover your blinds at the least. I have suffered the malaise of the moon and it is not something you should wish upon your enemies.

You are so channeling Leo Ferrari right now. It's impressive, really.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2020, 06:47:09 PM »
You must be a fool then.

Any knowledged man will readily acknowledge that the lesser luminary's light will beg at man's will and sanity.
He will?

Quote from: John Davis
To think that the moon's light affects not a single part of man is a modern novelty.
The light of a full moon is simply reflected sunlight and with almost identical properties other than being greatly reduced in intensity.

Hence any rational man would regard your claims as simply superstitions and psychological effects.

Something about the mindset of modern man seems to deem that "lunar madness" is a non-scientific phenomena and of superstition.
That seems to sum it up.

and thus those that follow orthodoxy fall in line.
and those that follow logic and what fits with their own experience.
Orthodoxy is not incorrect simply because it is orthodoxy. Some of orthodoxy might be incorrect because it was based on inadequate evidence.

The modern scientist cares far more for coherency with fashion than he does with Truth.
I would say that is totally false in many disciplines of science. Many scientists would dearly love to prove Einstein's relativity "wrong".

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »

How dare you compare John to that pestiferous perjurer.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2020, 06:55:01 PM »

How dare you compare John to that pestiferous perjurer.

Actually Leo was more in it from the satirical standpoint and the effects of which upon the intellect, psyche, and philosophical nature of humanity; Make outlandish claims and examine how the gentry react.

JD is Leo Ferrari incarnate.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2020, 07:04:38 PM »
How dare you accuse the most prominent scientist of 2019 of being a peddler of archaic beliefs and philosophical fancies. I hold respect for him only because he showed the way to the non-euclidean flat earth and his work towards his actual studies. As time progresses, there is a humour that must be had by taking the piss from our detractors. What, do you want me to explain this joke to you? To others?

He is a part of our history, and having had the mantle passed to me as Secretary, I have a solemn and holy duty to appropriately represent our history. But that charlatan is not my namesake and you are at most an errand naysayer to think as much.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »
I have never been more insulted.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:08 PM »
I must rest. This insult has worn my soul, and I must spend time towards my mysticism. It is a shame it has come to this. Shame on all of you. Shame.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2020, 07:14:57 PM »
I must rest. This insult has worn my soul, and I must spend time towards my mysticism. It is a shame it has come to this. Shame on all of you. Shame.
:o

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2020, 07:15:56 PM »
Name calling is all globularists have when they cannot refute our evidence. The harmfulness of moonlight is damning.