Dark Moon

• 183 Replies

ALS6

• Founder of the Banana Earth Society
Dark Moon
« on: February 05, 2020, 04:11:37 PM »
I know this has likely been discussed elsewhere in these forums. However, I am confused as to how where the light from the moon comes from. According to Real Earthers, which I am one, the light is reflected from the sun. However, this doesn't work as with the Flat Earth theory, because to my understanding Flat-Earthers believe the sun acts more as a spotlight. Otherwise, it would light up the entire Earth. Then, you might say, that the moon gives off its own light. Sure, then why are there phases of the moon? The best answer I could come up with thinking from a Flat Earther's perspective is that there is another "Dark Moon" that we are unable to see, and that rotates around the moon we can see. Then again, wouldn't that block out the stars surrounding the moon? The best explanation I could then think of is that this Dark Moon is also flat, same as our Earth according to the FE theory. The Dark Moon would rotate around the moon and by the time the moon wasn't obscured at all by it, and we could see the regular moon in full, the Dark Moon wouldn't obscure any of the stars, because, well... it's thin, to our point of view.
 :P
This just sorta become ridiculous. Can a Flat Earther please explain?

EDIT: As another replier noted, I completely forgot the fact that the shadows are also concave and flat at some points:

So, this actually makes the theory easier. The Dark Moon would be like a bowl that orbits the moon, massaging the curvature it's curvature. And it wouldn't obscure the surrounding stars because it would be very close to moon. Sorta like the way these little things hold eggs, if they didn't have the little stand.
But it's still sort of a preposterous theory.

Or, you could even borrow from the Concave Earth Theory. Maybe the Moon really does spin; just the back half of the moon is dark. This doesn't explain why we see the same side always, though...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:12:53 PM by ALS6 »
The Earth is the shape of a banana. You can't deny it. The Banana Earth Theory combines all three current theories: the bottom of the banana is circularly curved, like the globalists say—the side of the banana is flat—and the top is convex. There's no denying it. 🍌

Re: Dark Moon
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 09:42:10 PM »
I know this has likely been discussed elsewhere in these forums. However, I am confused as to how where the light from the moon comes from. According to Real Earthers, which I am one, the light is reflected from the sun. However, this doesn't work as with the Flat Earth theory, because to my understanding Flat-Earthers believe the sun acts more as a spotlight. Otherwise, it would light up the entire Earth. Then, you might say, that the moon gives off its own light. Sure, then why are there phases of the moon? The best answer I could come up with thinking from a Flat Earther's perspective is that there is another "Dark Moon" that we are unable to see, and that rotates around the moon we can see. Then again, wouldn't that block out the stars surrounding the moon? The best explanation I could then think of is that this Dark Moon is also flat, same as our Earth according to the FE theory. The Dark Moon would rotate around the moon and by the time the moon wasn't obscured at all by it, and we could see the regular moon in full, the Dark Moon wouldn't obscure any of the stars, because, well... it's thin, to our point of view.

Don't give them ideas
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:45:28 PM »
A setup like that doesn't actually help.
The phases of the moon is vastly different from an object blocking the view.
A better idea would be one (or multiple) very small spotlights (too small to see or obscure the moon) pointing at the moon and circling it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 06:53:11 AM »
One theory (if you want to call it that) presented some years ago was that the changes in the moon's illumination is the result of the migration patterns of bioluminescent lunar fauna akin to trigger shrimp and sometimes sarcastically referred to as "moon shramp". 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »

And sometimes concave?

Nullius in Verba

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 11:39:09 AM »
Can a Flat Earther please explain?
No.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
Since nobody has offered a FE hypothesis for phases of the moon...

I believe they claim the moon is basically a lamp, like the sun. So instead of one big incandescent light bulb, the moon could be an LED display, like a TV or one of those electronic billboards. Then "they" could make it look like whatever they want. This would explain all the features on the moon as well. It's all just a flat-screen display.

Really, though, what's the point of asking looney birds to "explain" anything? FET is not about what is. FET is about raging against the establishment, and denying everything the establishment says. What matters is not the shape of the Earth: What matters is finding the most obvious and self-evident truths and denying them. If they could find a fact more obvious and self-evident than the rotundity of the world, they would deny that and make that their emblem.

You can't really argue with them because they will make up any answer, shout "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" when presented with any evidence, and happily accept fifteen contradictory things before breakfast, as long as they all oppose the establishment. They disagree among themselves on every detail of their conspiracy theories, and yet accept each other as sisters and brothers as long as the person who totally opposes their own theories is excoriating the establishment.

It's raining here today and I'm bored. I like the rain, though. We need it. It makes things smell nice. It's fun to sit and look out at it. But I don't like going out in it, so here I am, on the FES where the looney birds are. I actually like crazy people. They're so much more interesting than us normals.

ALS6

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 06:03:12 PM »

And sometimes concave?

Yeah, I'm sorta embarrassed I didn't even think of that. That does clear up some stuff even more though. Because then, the Dark Moon would just be behind the regular one when we couldn't see it. Still, this is kind of a ridiculous belief... a giant, concave, flat "Dark Moon" massaging the curvature of the regular moon.
The Earth is the shape of a banana. You can't deny it. The Banana Earth Theory combines all three current theories: the bottom of the banana is circularly curved, like the globalists say—the side of the banana is flat—and the top is convex. There's no denying it. 🍌

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 05:07:52 AM »
To reply #6, surely FET is not just about "raging against the establishment, and denying everything the establishment says."

That is just be like being a rebellious, adolescent teenager who thinks he knows better than anyone else just because it makes him feel important. However this 'dark Moon' idea is pretty far fetched I must say. 

When you look at an image of the Moon such as that posted, what explanation could you possibly give for its illumination that is better than some thing very bright and distant (such as the Sun for example) shining on the Moon from the direction (as portrayed in the photo) of lower left?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 06:17:46 AM by Solarwind »

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 05:22:33 AM »

I believe they claim the moon is basically a lamp, like the sun. So instead of one big incandescent light bulb, the moon could be an LED display, like a TV or one of those electronic billboards. Then "they" could make it look like whatever they want. This would explain all the features on the moon as well. It's all just a flat-screen display.
At this point, the only remaining question would be, why have they not started playing adverts on it 24/7.
Need to pay for the conspiracy somehow.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 11:13:12 AM »
To reply #6, surely FET is not just about "raging against the establishment, and denying everything the establishment says."

That is just be like being a rebellious, adolescent teenager who thinks he knows better than anyone else just because it makes him feel important.

Just look at all the other stuff they have to believe in order to maintain that the Earth is flat: They need to think that all world governments, which are constantly fighting wars and killing each other, are cooperating in a huge conspiracy. They need to deny the moon landings and the very existence of space (though when I was playing the FE game I tried to advocate for a science-positive FET). They need to deny GPS and satellite TV. One of them even claimed that nobody has ever seen a satellite, but I've seen the ISS, and there are web sites that will tell you exactly when it will be visible from your location. They need to call every astronaut a liar. They need to call all airlines liars and they need to call everyone who's ever flown or sailed between Australia and South Africa a liar.

And then they go off onto stuff that is entirely unrelated to the shape of the Earth, like ranting against doctors, or blathering about so-called "chemtrails," or 9/11, or Barak Obama's citizenship.

Flat Earth really is just the wackiest, most ridiculous way they could find of claiming that "the establishment" is evil. Otherwise what's the purpose? When I first discovered this forum I asked the question: What would be the purpose of a conspiracy to deny that the Earth was flat, if it actually was? Who would benefit by such a conspiracy? Nobody here had any answer to that. Flat Earth is just a way of raging against everything the establishment says.

At this point, the only remaining question would be, why have they not started playing adverts on it 24/7.

It would kind of give away the whole thing.  ;)

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 02:14:57 PM »
I hear what you are saying (interpret that as you will) but I would be careful if I were you otherwise the next time I log on this discussion will have been moved to AR if the mods are watching.... just saying!

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 04:09:28 PM »
I hear what you are saying (interpret that as you will) but I would be careful if I were you otherwise the next time I log on this discussion will have been moved to AR if the mods are watching.... just saying!

Thanks. I tend not to pay attention to which forum a thread is in. If I was a mod here, every forum would be a sub-forum of CN.  ;)

ALS6

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 07:19:55 PM »

That would be kinda hilarious, if that were at all plausible. At that point, wouldn't the FE'ers have to start calling all the pre-modern accounts that the Moon, and it's phases, exist? And aren't "old maps" one of the things they use as evidence? Still. If that were true, say it was a TV screen like you mentioned, then I would love to see some dude hack whatever is controlling this "TV" screen and start making it project funny stuff on it. Maybe he would write:
"Flat Earther's were correct!"
 ;D

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 09:30:19 PM »

That would be kinda hilarious, if that were at all plausible. At that point, wouldn't the FE'ers have to start calling all the pre-modern accounts that the Moon, and it's phases, exist? And aren't "old maps" one of the things they use as evidence? Still. If that were true, say it was a TV screen like you mentioned, then I would love to see some dude hack whatever is controlling this "TV" screen and start making it project funny stuff on it. Maybe he would write:
"Flat Earther's were correct!"
 ;D
But seriously, on a practical point. Who ever is running the round earth conspiracy needs a reality check. The global marketing budget is massive. Using the moons LED technology to display ads is worth trillions. There are only two surfaces that have so much exposure (the other surface is kinda hard to look at), the ad revenue potential is enormous. Financially worth dropping the conspiracy theory, because lets just be honest, thats a black hole for money.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »
Bioluminescent organisms cause the light we see when looking to the moon. The change in patterns happen with such regularity that it closely follows the internal clock seen on luminescent beings in our own earth. It is well established that not only is moonlight independent of sunlight but that it also affects living creatures differently, even when accounting for differences in intensity.

For those that doubt these findings, I challenge you to very closely examine the ovaries of the mussels found within our oceans and honestly try to argue otherwise. The speculum of truth lies beneath your sandy feet.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 10:09:52 PM »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 10:13:19 PM »
Bioluminescent organisms cause the light we see when looking to the moon.
And I suppose that these bioluminescent lunar mussels are anaerobic and feed on green cheese :o.

Quote from: Ichimaru Gin :
The change in patterns happen with such regularity that it closely follows the internal clock seen on luminescent beings in our own earth.
How strange ???! Or might these "luminescent beings in our own earth" simply be following the phases of the moon - just a thought.

It is well established that not only is moonlight independent of sunlight but that it also affects living creatures differently, even when accounting for differences in intensity.
"It is well established" is such a wonderful way of saying nothing! Evidence thank you!

I could just as easily say that:
"It is well established that not only is the spectrum of moonlight almost the same shape as that of sunlight but is also shows the same absorption lines".
That seems good evidence that moonlight is simply reflected sunlight.

For those that doubt these findings, I challenge you to very closely examine the ovaries of the mussels found within our oceans and honestly try to argue otherwise. The speculum of truth lies beneath your sandy feet.
I seriously doubt those "findings" but I fail to see the relevance of "the ovaries of the mussels found within our oceans :o".

But if you present the spectra of light emitted from these bioluminescent mussels we can compare them.

Besides why do lunar eclipses occur precisely at the time we'd expect a perfect full moon.
And why are solar eclipses always precisely at the time we'd expect a perfect new moon.
Are they just coincidences?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 10:15:02 PM »

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 10:19:06 PM »
Rab, if only I could accompany you on a trip to explore the ovaries of mussels and to observe the pulsations felt within equally intense moonlight and control sources.

Until you dive into the responses of ovaries, I'm afraid you will clam up when it comes to moonlight's effect on organisms!
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 10:27:17 PM »
Rab, if only I could accompany you on a trip to explore the ovaries of mussels and to observe the pulsations felt within equally intense moonlight and control sources.

Until you dive into the responses of ovaries, I'm afraid you will clam up when it comes to moonlight's effect on organisms!
So you have no answers relevant to my post. Thought not.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 10:33:48 PM »

So you have no answers relevant to my post. Thought not.
I apologise that I have no response to your ridiculous green cheese theories

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 10:38:52 PM »
One fact that the Flat earth theory and Wrong earth theory seem to agree on is that the moon harbors dynamic pockets of water welled in local clustering.

Pretty convenient that these phases of migration and an actual chemical byproduct of microbial bioluminescent is in fact water. We have an explanation for water on the moon. Globularists don't.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 10:46:03 PM »
One fact that the Flat earth theory and Wrong earth theory seem to agree on is that the moon harbors dynamic pockets of water welled in local clustering.

Pretty convenient that these phases of migration and an actual chemical byproduct of microbial bioluminescent is in fact water. We have an explanation for water on the moon. Globularists don't.
So these microbial bioluminescent beings produce water from what source? Green cheese?

I see more fairytales being written without a trace of evidence.

By the way I can find nothing on the spectra of your bioluminescent mussels but almost all bioluminescence is nearly monochrome as shown for the zooplankton in this paper.
Bioluminescence spectra of shallow and deep-sea gelatinous zooplankton: Ctenophores, medusae and siphonophores
But the spectrum of moonlight is very similar to that of sunlight, just a little redder.

I've yet to see bioluminecence with a spectrum like that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:06:08 PM by rabinoz »

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 10:50:23 PM »

So these microbial bioluminescent beings produce water from what source? Green cheese?

I see more fairytales being written without a trace of evidence.
We can directly observe bacterial microbes releasing water when undergoing the reactions required for bioluminescence. Hardly a shocking revelation!

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 12:12:38 AM »
The change in patterns happen with such regularity that it closely follows the internal clock seen on luminescent beings in our own earth.
Care to provide such an example (with reference) of this being on Earth that has a roughly 28 day cycle?
And then some times every 6 months, either once or twice (or nonce) in that period, they go dark and red, to different extents?

Also, is it a change in pattern or a migration?

It is well established that not only is moonlight independent of sunlight
No, it has been quite firmly established that moonlight is reflected sunlight. That is what all the available evidence indicates.

but that it also affects living creatures differently, even when accounting for differences in intensity.
It is quite difficult to account for intensity properly in the case of something like that.
Especially considering some will respond drastically different to light of different intensity.
Tell me, how was that difference in intensity accounted for when determining that living creatures are affected differently?
What was used as a control? How did they determine the difference during daytime illumination by both?

We can directly observe bacterial microbes releasing water when undergoing the reactions required for bioluminescence. Hardly a shocking revelation!
They don't just magically produce the water from nothing.
It is a chemical reaction which takes in some reactants to produce some products, one of which may be water.
I also find that claim quite hard to believe considering they would almost certainly be in a water based system to begin with and thus wouldn't easily see them release water. So I wouldn't say it is directly observed.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 12:51:18 AM »

I dont think Mr Moonshrimp is well versed in chemistry.

So your theory is that Moonshrimp eat rocks? and then produce water?
Or where they in the water already?

We have a pretty good idea of where the water on the moon comes from seeing that its one of the most abundant molecules in the universe.

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 04:36:01 AM »

I dont think Mr Moonshrimp is well versed in chemistry.

So your theory is that Moonshrimp eat rocks? and then produce water?
Or where they in the water already?

We have a pretty good idea of where the water on the moon comes from seeing that its one of the most abundant molecules in the universe.
There is no moonshrimp in my theory. We are talking about microbes. There is a big difference.
All that is required is for oxidation to occur.

The enzymes involved with the reaction are in the Lucifer system. For example, the Indian ocean houses such bacteria in the oceanic sediment which is relies on the confirmation change of the enzyme luciferase.

It is no coincidence that this enzyme is named after Lucifer , the most evil of all biblical figures. Scientists know that the moonlight is also of an evil quality. It is clearly harmful (See the stickied moonlight thread or the metabolic FEB thread). Only deniers of truth and devil worshippers would think otherwise.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 05:01:58 AM »
Oxidation of a specific enzyme in a specific manner.

It is no coincidence that this enzyme is named after Lucifer
Yes because it means "light bringer", like the good deity in the Bible that brought man kind into the light and exposed the lies of "God".

the most evil of all biblical figures.
No, no where in the Bible does it call God lucifer, and God is certainly the most evil character in the Bible.

Scientists know that the moonlight is also of an evil quality. It is clearly harmful
It is no more harmful than light in general. There is nothing evil about it.

Now can you actually address the issues raised?

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 05:10:56 AM »
Oxidation of a specific enzyme in a specific manner.

It is no coincidence that this enzyme is named after Lucifer
Yes because it means "light bringer", like the good deity in the Bible that brought man kind into the light and exposed the lies of "God".

the most evil of all biblical figures.
No, no where in the Bible does it call God lucifer, and God is certainly the most evil character in the Bible.

Scientists know that the moonlight is also of an evil quality. It is clearly harmful
It is no more harmful than light in general. There is nothing evil about it.

Now can you actually address the issues raised?
So Jackblack has admitted to being a devil worshipper. A sad revelation. I will pray for you.