nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #5520 on: June 02, 2022, 02:22:17 PM »
I've got 8 corone tests, but I don't want to use one unless I get symptoms. I don't want to waste them.
You do realize that many (if not most) cases are asymptomatic or mild symptoms, don't you?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5521 on: June 02, 2022, 02:43:11 PM »
Everyone at my brother's house has it now. They are my next door neighbors. I'm still feeling fine, except I'm a little bit sneezy, but pollen is super high right now in Florida. I DON'T KNOW.

I've got 8 corone tests, but I don't want to use one unless I get symptoms. I don't want to waste them.

Are the 8 you have the freebees Biden just set up about a month or so ago ago? I just got my 8 last week.

Yes!

I feel like it's Schrodinger's corone. IF I DON'T TAKE THE TEST, THEN I AM BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE.
As long as you don't take the test, it's impossible for you to have the corone!

EXACTLY!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5522 on: June 02, 2022, 04:02:46 PM »
If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #5523 on: June 03, 2022, 10:21:06 AM »
If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't more people happy?
It's not about ignorance, it's about beating this virus. Everyone knows the reason the US had so many cases is because we had so many tests. They kept testing and testing and testing, and lo and behold, they kept finding more cases. You scale back the testing, and the number of cases drops too. It's just science!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5524 on: June 03, 2022, 10:41:05 AM »
boydster should be running the CDC!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #5525 on: June 03, 2022, 11:29:45 AM »
Kind of a 'Don't ask, don't tell' solution. Perfect.

« Reply #5526 on: June 03, 2022, 12:28:03 PM »
more like

NRA:  guns don't kill people, people kill people/ it's the criminals and the lone wolfs with mental issues.

CDC:  can we measure who's getting killed and how?

NRA:  no.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5527 on: June 03, 2022, 01:12:33 PM »
Since I am obsessed with the corone again, I just found out this good news https://apnews.com/article/covid-science-health-202fd25f335208c7cf77c81231dd9ce8

I wonder how Novavax is doing in other countries. Like is it better, or just as good? Based on that article it seems like it could be great as a booster, and maybe with better immunity.

« Reply #5528 on: June 03, 2022, 01:30:31 PM »
Then an immune-boosting ingredient, or adjuvant, that’s made from the bark of a South American tree is added that acts as a red flag to ensure those particles look suspicious enough to spark a strong response.

“It’s basically a soap bubble. It’s made of stuff that you find in root beer,” Glenn said. “When an immune cell sees that, it becomes quite activated. ... We supercharge the immune response.

that (IMO) garbage lady on the hill iverson whatsherface i feel is misciting some european studies saying the mnRA is damaging the immune system.

the way i understand it it's like alergy shots where if there's no immune reaction then boosters will cause your body to not care (vs not remember in spaced too far).

i dunno specifics but
she irritates me the way i know she's purposefully twisting thigns.
even worse than shifter's hatred for the dr JC

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5529 on: June 04, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »
I have been invited to a birthday party tomorrow. I guess I should take a test before I breathe on anyone.

« Reply #5530 on: June 04, 2022, 09:18:54 AM »
Hahaha

I keep telling my kids dont let people breaty on you am vice vrtsa

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5531 on: June 04, 2022, 09:40:30 AM »
Hahaha

This is a disturbing development,  I actually understood a kabool post without resorting to random letter substitution and scrambling algorithms. 

So,  to conclude, wear a mask just in case.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #5532 on: June 04, 2022, 04:48:17 PM »
Hahaha

This is a disturbing development,  I actually understood a kabool post without resorting to random letter substitution and scrambling algorithms. 

So,  to conclude, wear a mask just in case.

So dramatoc

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #5533 on: June 07, 2022, 02:14:09 PM »

What if Alex Jones spoke with an NPR voice?

I've got to admit, I kind of respect him still sticking with hydroxychloroquine.  That's some serious dedication.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5534 on: June 09, 2022, 03:16:39 AM »
Wife got COVID, the kids and I still in the clear. She's in self imposed exile in the bedroom. So I got the sofa which is impossible to sleep on. So I have gone a day, a night, the next day and am working tonight. NO SLEEP

Would be the worst time to get covid with my immune system whacked. Who knows. Maybe I'll evade it. I was vaccinated afterall :P

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #5535 on: June 09, 2022, 03:57:14 AM »
Good luck

Open windows.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #5536 on: June 09, 2022, 04:20:52 AM »
Wife got COVID, the kids and I still in the clear. She's in self imposed exile in the bedroom. So I got the sofa which is impossible to sleep on. So I have gone a day, a night, the next day and am working tonight. NO SLEEP

Would be the worst time to get covid with my immune system whacked. Who knows. Maybe I'll evade it. I was vaccinated afterall :P

I hope your wife stays well, and you and the kids avoid it.

Not knowing your vaccine, I wouldn't count on it too much.  Both my hubby and I were vaccinated and boosted and still managed to get it.  The worst I've felt in my life.

S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5537 on: June 09, 2022, 04:25:04 AM »
Good luck

Open windows.

Yeah, despite the winter and sub zero (celsius) mornings, we have windows open ajar and air purifiers running 24/7 to filter/exchange the air

Her bedroom has an ensuite so she can stay in there all day coming out when I'm at work and kids asleep to get more food (still wearing a P2 mask). If I've dodged it so far, I may be able to keep in the clear but as we all know, you can transmit this when you are asymptomatic. Wife would have got this on Monday from work and she tested positive Wednesday night after feeling off. So possible that I caught it on Tuesday or Wednesday that morning and dont know yet

if I get it, it'll be my unofficial booster shot of an omicron variant rather than the original strain. I feel better having had 3 vaccine doses. Will it stop me getting it? No. But it should prevent me getting sick enough to be lunch for the worms - that's almost a guarantee. Dont need to roll the dice on that

I hope your wife stays well, and you and the kids avoid it.

Not knowing your vaccine, I wouldn't count on it too much.  Both my hubby and I were vaccinated and boosted and still managed to get it.  The worst I've felt in my life.

Wife feels better today than she did yesterday when she found out. We each had 3 shots of Pfizer. Her last dose in January and mine in February.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #5538 on: June 09, 2022, 04:59:28 AM »
She normally passes flu np?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5539 on: June 09, 2022, 05:02:16 AM »
She normally passes flu np?

Normally never gets the flu. Like me, I've probably only had influenza a few times in my life. Never seem to get sick enough to be bedridden

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5540 on: June 09, 2022, 08:04:23 AM »
I hope she feels better quickly, and you somehow manage to stay corone free!

Maybe on your way home from work you could stop in a store and buy an air mattress. They make really good ones now. They can be expensive, though.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5541 on: June 09, 2022, 08:30:49 AM »
I hope she feels better quickly, and you somehow manage to stay corone free!

Maybe on your way home from work you could stop in a store and buy an air mattress. They make really good ones now. They can be expensive, though.

As I work at night, I'll sleep in the kids bed during the day (king single) while they relieve their boredom on the Xbox. (hopefully they dont have the corone and pass it to me from their corone ridden bed!) After so long awake, my body will have to sleep I think. The problem with the current sofa is it's only as wide as me (being a side sleeper). Also having my mind race with BS corone thoughts doesn't help lol

But I think we'll end up buying a Futon so that a sofa can double up as an actual bed when needed 8)

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5543 on: June 26, 2022, 01:36:52 PM »
from the sorryantivaxxer site

Husband has an agonising and prolonged death from covid. And his heavily religious wife (to whom he had 5 kids with) appears absolutely shattered her soulmate has died. BUT she will see him again and even be buried next to him when she passes. HOW ROMANTIC!!

4 months later

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/post/w-dustin-rhodes-34-cody-wy-anti-vaxxer-dead-from-covid

Have to agree with this comment
One of the worst things about reading the Facebook posts on here, and there's no shortage of them, is all the blubbering about their god and their jesus and all the prayers and prayer warriors (an asinine term if ever there was one). On and on and on. Motherfucker died. Where is your god now? Oh right, supplying you with a new man to get engaged to only 2 and a half weeks after changing your status to "in a relationship". This only 4 months after the apparent love of your life, the one who you said meeting him was "orchestrated by god", died from covid. A man you had 5 kids with. Granted, he was no prize and his death was his own fault, but you are utter filth, lady. Good luck with your rebound.

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #5544 on: June 26, 2022, 02:02:10 PM »
Wow look at that gravestone!

No need for a gofundme here.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5545 on: July 07, 2022, 06:59:19 PM »
Soon we should be getting the option of having a 4th dose here if we want it. I'll want the omicron specific one when it comes out, hopefully soon. If I take the original strain one, the ship will have sailed for the omicron strain one probably until next year

I managed to evade it even though it was in my house from my wife. So did the kids. But given it's the middle of winter here and no one but me seems to give a fuck about wearing a mask out in public, it seems a no brainer to mitigate the effects of the inevitable

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5546 on: July 11, 2022, 11:31:00 AM »
For those that like to minimise covid as nothing more than being like 'the flu'

Here is Australias influenza death tolls by year

(the lockdown and measures taken in 2021 gave us zero influenza deaths in 2021 and barely any in 2020)

Our worst was 1181 lab confirmed deaths in 2017

Currently we have had more than 10K deaths to covid. Most from this year alone (to the 'mild' omicron strain) and we are only half way through. I shudder to think what that toll would look like if there was no vaccine and if no one wore masks or diligence to avoid or minimise the spread. All the bitching people were doing had us pretty much avoid the delta strain almost altogether. You would have to possess a complete indifference to the value of life to have been arguing against that result

I also imagine that due to the internal damage covid has on people - that we are going to see a lot of latent deaths like heart attacks or strokes. In fact we are probably already seeing it due to a vast percentage of people having contracted it in every country. Many millions before vaccines were available and with more nasty strains. Influenza doesn't appear to do this. You get it and you recover. Large swathes of covid 'survivors' will never be 100% again. Death tolls dont tell the full story.

The recent spate of excess deaths being reported.... I can believe it knowing what covid does. Though I'm sure some muppets would rather blame the vaccine for people dying rather than the millions afflicted with the full blown virus instead. It must take a special kind of stupid to believe that blatant BS.

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5547 on: July 14, 2022, 04:38:18 AM »
A lot of commentary is that omicron is mild and that as the pandemic goes on, each strain gets milder and eventually this will be a harmless and endemic like the Cold.

This 'BA.5' variant has flipped that argument on it's head. More transmissible than 'other omicrons' with perhaps the nastiness of the 'Delta' strain. 'Natural immunity' (another BS term) means bugger all with this too. Viruses can always mutate to become more deadly as well as more infectious. It only needs to take longer to kill or permanently damage the host so that the host still has the ability to spread it.

There was a video by that public health menace 'John Campbell' who was discussing 'excess deaths'. His previous video about excess deaths in Australia was so full of shit and demonstrated how ignorant he was it's hard to take him seriously here. In this video discussing possible reasons of what causes excess deaths these days, against 'previous covid infections and the damage they may have done' he puts a question mark. Against vaccinations contributing to excess deaths he puts a big tick and says 'yes we know vaccines have caused deaths'.

But of course, even if the vaccine killed 10 people in every million, that is statistically insignificant to these 'excess death' figures he is spouting. Oh maybe he is one of those that attributes every death to the vaccine even years down the track, somehow. His first thought 'did they have the covid vax?' lol

We know covid fucks up the heart, lungs and brain (as well as other organs or anything connected with a blood supply) - even in people who believe they had it 'mild'. We also know that millions of people in countries like the UK, were infected with covid without being vaccinated. Yet he rates the possibility this could impact peoples health in the future as questionable. Does anyone need any more proof this guy is a moron? Heart attacks, strokes and cancers (especially lung) will no doubt shoot upwards. Internal scarring is nasty. Covid has this effect. The vaccinations, dont.

The mRNA vaccine gets your own body to produce a copy of a 'spike' and then work out how to beat the shit out of it for practice. Anti vaxxers and their 'natural immunity' say this spike causes damage to the immune system. But happily chase after a real covid virus, each one with dozens of its own spikes and each one invading cells and replicating many millions of times under the nose of a naive immune system until its too late. Somehow, they think this is preferable. Takes a special kind of dumbarse to see that logic. The people would believe being thrust into a war, without knowing there is a war, without any protection or weapons training or any idea of what the enemy looks like, is safer than being fully trained, armoured and knowledgeable of the enemy

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5548 on: July 27, 2022, 08:58:52 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/nchs_press_releases/2022/20220622.htm

I do not understand how being bisexual or transgender can result in higher rates of long COVID. Maybe a trans person would be afraid to get medical care (afraid of how they would be treated) but that doesn't account for higher rates among bisexuals.

« Reply #5549 on: July 27, 2022, 09:19:02 AM »
hahaha that's amazing.

but of course are those stats real?
maga hats apparently populate 50% of the country.
systemic racism exists so can systemic prejudice.

women are weak and prone to fibromalgia and other made up fake issues
mexicans are lazy
bi's and cis are mentally confused so of course they're confused about covid.

Women are more likely than men to currently have long COVID (9.4% vs. 5.5%).
Nearly 9% of Hispanic adults currently have long COVID, higher than non-Hispanic White (7.5%) and Black (6.8%) adults, and over twice the percentage of non-Hispanic Asian adults (3.7%).
Bisexual adults and transgender adults (7.5%) were more likely to have current long COVID symptoms than adults of other sexual orientations and gender identities. 12% of bisexual adults have current long COVID symptoms, compared to 7% of straight and gay and lesbian adults. An estimated 15% of transgender adults have current long COVID symptoms, compared to 5% of cis-gender male adults and 9% of cis-gender female adults.