nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #3030 on: April 03, 2021, 09:22:16 AM »
If you've been vaccinated they still want you to be careful, wash your hands, wear a mask, etc. The whole passport thing seems weird to me. 

I guess that's because it's still not known at this stage how transmissible you are especially because asymptomatic people are still infectious. Also, say someone infected coughs into their hand and pushes a button (elevator, bus stop button, light switch etc) and then you touch it. Covid is on your hands. You might not be in danger of getting infected yourself but you are in a position where you can further its spread.

Until everyone that wants a vaccine, has got one, we are going to have to live more hygienically then we are used to.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #3031 on: April 03, 2021, 09:39:00 AM »
The EO mentions restaurants, movie theaters, and sporting events. I think it's possible the media has created some weird hype about the passports. 

What I want to know is why we need something separate from the vaccination card system we already have? Seems like a waste of money, and could potentially be another way to gather information (and for it to be stolen).  If you've been vaccinated they still want you to be careful, wash your hands, wear a mask, etc. The whole passport thing seems weird to me. 

It is very strange that Republicans and Democrats have flipped positions on this sort of thing.
We are debating it in the UK.

I just know if they try to do it, that they will sink billions into it only to produce the first passports months after the pandemic has ended.  I'm sure a lot of companies will get rich of it though, as they government throws money at them to make it work.  You can already imagine the newspaper headlines about the "Computer system failures lead to passport woes" type thing.  Also, you will be able to buy forged ones online without issue, making it useless.

And what if some new variant is spreading and your vaccine doesn't offer decent protection against it?  Or it's now a year since your jab and your antibodies are fading?  Or some combination? At what point should the passport become invalid?  Or partially valid? 

This is one of those ideas that sound sensible at first, then the more you look into it the more terrible you realise it would actually be.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3032 on: April 03, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »
Yes! It's going to be a huge waste. I think they're getting so antsy to open everything up when they should be more concerned with getting everyone a vaccine first. Spend the money to help production. Get the vaccines out to anyone who wants one. Make it so you don't need identification to get one.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3033 on: April 03, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »
Get the vaccines out to anyone who wants one. Make it so you don't need identification to get one.

Except there's a fair chunk of people that dont want it. And you will probably need yearly? boosters

Eventually, the actual vaccine and effective inoculation rate will just be scattered as people get lax and not bother. How many people skip on their boosters for tetanus or whooping cough vaccine?

You are going to have a lot of kinks that need ironing out but have to start somewhere. No system is going to be perfect straight off the bat.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3034 on: April 03, 2021, 11:47:44 AM »
There's a fair chunk of people who want it but can't get it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3035 on: April 03, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »

Presumably an enlightened government would make exemptions given these sorts of groups of people are why vaccination is important in the first place

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3036 on: April 03, 2021, 12:14:12 PM »

Presumably an enlightened government would make exemptions given these sorts of groups of people are why vaccination is important in the first place

I don't mean that, I mean there are lots of people who want the vaccine but can't get it because it isn't available to them. Hopefully that is about to change.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3037 on: April 03, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »

I don't mean that, I mean there are lots of people who want the vaccine but can't get it because it isn't available to them. Hopefully that is about to change.

The Australian government had a target of 4 million vaccinations done by the end of March

We have 600K done so far lol

I'm not hopeful I'll get mine by the planned October deadline for at least the first jab given I'm in the lowest priority group

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3038 on: April 03, 2021, 12:24:54 PM »
I was really happy about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, because it's so much easier to get people to take a single shot than two, but then this happened a few days ago https://apnews.com/article/virus-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson-emergent-biosolutions-d9edd171f8013e17c0be8b13a6db7fed  15 million doses thrown away  >:(

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3039 on: April 03, 2021, 12:30:56 PM »
I was really happy about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, because it's so much easier to get people to take a single shot than two, but then this happened a few days ago https://apnews.com/article/virus-vaccine-johnson-and-johnson-emergent-biosolutions-d9edd171f8013e17c0be8b13a6db7fed  15 million doses thrown away  >:(

I hate how they spin it to say 'we're still on track to deliver by end of 'x' date'

Hello!! You had to throw away enough doses to vaccinate a few small countries worth of people!!  >:(

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3040 on: April 03, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
I'm trying to find out what it is like for undocumented people to get a vaccine. There are some places turning people away. Florida still requires proof of residency, so even if a person has ID it has to be Florida ID. We're not going to knock this shit out if they don't let people who want a vaccine have one.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #3041 on: April 03, 2021, 02:39:02 PM »
In Tennessee, everyone over 16 is now able to get a vaccine. You have to have a Tennessee residence, which is validated when you make your appointment. Once you go to your appointment, you only have to show the email you got from signing up. I just got my first dose Thursday. I signed up for it Sunday, and spent about 30 minutes between getting in line and being able to drive off, never had to show my ID.  In my state, they are begging people to get the shot and think we may hit a high of about 40% vaccinated.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3042 on: April 05, 2021, 02:40:19 AM »
This is Australias vaccine progress

America gave 4 million vaccine jabs in a single day. We had that target by end of March and fell 3.4 million short ::)

The goal posts have shifted to '"Every Australian will be vaccinated by October" to "Everyone will have the first dose by October" and now it's "Everyone can make an appointment by October" ::)

Meanwhile our empathy bankrupt PM is trying to spin everything as OK. Not a single F is given, not a single fault admitted.

Australia was doing so well in our handling of covid (note that this was in large part to the States and not the Federal wankers) but we royally fucked up our handling of a vaccine rollout

Know your place

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #3043 on: April 05, 2021, 03:10:30 AM »
That sucks. Though at least you guys can afford to be slow with the vaccine roll out, as you're not dropping dead over there.

We seem to have speeding up slightly here despite the AstraZeneca nonsense, now saying 70% vaccinated by September (previously said October) but it keeps changing.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #3044 on: April 05, 2021, 03:54:24 AM »
Learn the meaning of the word "inalienable."
I seriously doubt that there is any such thing as a right that can't be taken away.
You are the type desiring exactly that type of world, I know and understand.

Your tendency to go against nature and all.

Is having to wear a seatbelt an inalienable right that was taken away?
Seatbelts work.

Masks do not.

Did you know Canadian nurses proved that masks do not work in 2015?

Thanks for participating.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #3045 on: April 05, 2021, 05:18:52 AM »
Seatbelts work.

Masks do not.

Apples and oranges are fruit -- doesn't mean they're the same.

Seatbelts and masks are meant to keep people safe, but in drastically different ways. Not to mention that seatbelts are manufactured according to a quality standard/safety metric and most masks are just made out of old cloth people have laying around. The masks that are made according to a better quality standard/safety metric, though, like N-95s, are highly effective. And anything is obviously better than nothing.

Did you know that providing sources is cool?

By the way, is that why Canadian doctors and nurses are still wearing masks in ORs? To reduce the spread of bacterial and viral contaminants?
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #3046 on: April 05, 2021, 06:33:02 AM »
Seatbelts work.

Masks do not.

So when you claimed before that you were not anti-mask you were just outright lying.

I must assume it's the same for claiming not to be an anti-vaxxer and claiming not to be a conspiracy theorist. 

You can't hold those views and then claim you don't hold them, that's called being dishonest, or maybe just delusional.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #3047 on: April 05, 2021, 05:03:37 PM »
Well I was picked for the state vaccine lottery. First does schedule Saturday, second dose May first. Should be Pfizer.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #3048 on: April 06, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »

What, all the Canadian nurses?  Some kind of collective?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #3049 on: April 06, 2021, 10:00:45 AM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/fish-horizontal-gene-transfer-1.5972546

i dunno about this whole RNA injection method...

gonna have a lot of people out their with spikey celled blood or something if it gets into their testicles and they make a covid baby

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3050 on: April 06, 2021, 10:37:43 AM »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/fish-horizontal-gene-transfer-1.5972546

i dunno about this whole RNA injection method...

gonna have a lot of people out their with spikey celled blood or something if it gets into their testicles and they make a covid baby

I don't completely understand it but I'm under the impression that this isn't how it works. The rna injection is just an intermediate step in the process. The final step is pretty standard.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3051 on: April 06, 2021, 10:45:27 AM »
The Australian vaccine candidate had to abort because the test subjects started to show false positive results for HIV

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-11/how-the-uq-covid-19-vaccine-induces-false-positive-hiv-results/12975048
All vaccines work by training your immune system to recognise a virus — or other pathogens — so you can fight it off if you ever encounter it.

To do that, vaccines present something to your immune system that teaches it to produce an immune response.

On the SARS-Cov-2 virus, which causes COVID-19, there is a protein called the "spike protein".

That protein is used by the virus to invade our cells, but it is also one way the immune system recognises the virus, so it can fight it off.

If you are able to present that spike protein to the body, without the actual virus, the immune system can learn to recognise it and fight off a COVID-19 infection if you ever encounter the virus.

But injecting the protein itself does not work.

Proteins are folded up into complex shapes and those shapes are actually what give the proteins their function.

The minute they change shape, they change their function.

Unfortunately, when the SARS-Cov-2 spike protein is removed from the virus, it loses its shape, and is useless for teaching your immune system anything.

The UQ vaccine uses "molecular clamps" to solve this problem.

Molecular clamps are tiny clamps made of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins.

Just like a clamp in a workshop holds material together, these molecular clamps are meant to hold the spike protein in the right shape, so your body can learn from it.

Creating a clamp to do that job is no mean feat and a lot of different chemicals have been experimented with.

One of the most successful ones included a fragment of a protein that is found in HIV. And that's what was used in the UQ vaccine.

It is not the HIV virus itself that is used, or even a whole protein from it. It is just a fragment of one protein found on the HIV virus.

Immunologist from the Australian National University David Tscharke said no HIV would ever have even been used in the making of the fragment.

He said when designing tools like that, scientists take inspiration from nature and HIV is very well studied and understood.

"So we know about the structure and function of this protein very well," Professor Tscharke said.

"And we're just taking a little bit — the bit involved in making things rigid — and we are using the same sequence of amino acids. That's all."

Those fragments are totally harmless, but they can elicit their own immune response and that is what happened with the UQ vaccine.

In a process that is also harmless, the body responds to the fragments and creates antibodies, which interfere with existing HIV tests.

The researchers knew this was a possibility, but hoped it would not happen.

It's a shame it was aborted but imagine if it was given to the world

Know your place

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #3052 on: April 06, 2021, 10:47:36 PM »
I read your last sentence as "It's a shame I was aborted" and was like 'yo, hwy'd that be a shame?'

Seriously tho, its better they stopped it considering it gives false positives for HIV...
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #3053 on: April 07, 2021, 04:21:23 AM »
I read your last sentence as "It's a shame I was aborted" and was like 'yo, hwy'd that be a shame?'

Seriously tho, its better they stopped it considering it gives false positives for HIV...

Better to change the hiv test later on or be down one vaccine type?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #3054 on: April 07, 2021, 11:30:18 AM »

Better to change the hiv test later on or be down one vaccine type?
There are enough vaccines that are working. Totally not worth it to produce a new hiv test, that maybe doesnt work as well or even is impossible to produce.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #3055 on: April 07, 2021, 12:54:50 PM »
There are a few
And theyre not releasing the patents for mass productuon.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3056 on: April 07, 2021, 01:29:34 PM »
Are you saying you don't think the COVID vaccine is being mass produced right now? Because that would be pretty laughable.

« Reply #3057 on: April 07, 2021, 01:46:45 PM »
Full production to what it could be at

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3058 on: April 07, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »
It would seem the issue with producing even more than the very large number of doses already being produced is more related to some of the raw materials that aren't even covered by the patent. An bottleneck in terms of ingredients isn't something that can be solved by releasing a patent for the vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/31/health/pfizer-vaccine-manufacturing/index.html
One of the biggest rate-limiting steps of this production, according to McDermott, has been the availability of raw materials and specifically lipids, the fatty substance that safely houses the mRNA until it can get to our cells.
"Lipid nanoparticle hasn't been used in a large commercial product. So the lipid suppliers weren't very large. And so we work very closely with them to build more lipids capacity, and actually making lipids in this site in Kalamazoo, Michigan," said McDermott.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3059 on: April 07, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »

"it's a little flu, it goes away" - says the biggest moron ever

The new variants are infecting younger people much more seriously then before. The above is a person in their 30s. Healthy lungs on left, covid lungs on right

If the world doesn't get behind and seriously start vaccinations on countries like India, Brazil and other developing nations, all the vaccine efforts may be for nothing as new variants become immune and dominant

Enjoy your 'freedoms' with a side order of Covid lungs

Know your place