nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7722 Replies

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #2880 on: March 13, 2021, 06:03:30 AM »
Yes, but there was no world wide pandemic in either 2010 or 2013, which means Soylent Green's 2022 setting is predictive programming.

So far, the red line where some of those who got vaccinated get sick has not been crossed. If it would be crossed, you can expect a total social/economic collapse.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2881 on: March 13, 2021, 06:10:41 AM »
Yes, but there was no world wide pandemic in either 2010 or 2013, which means Soylent Green's 2022 setting is predictive programming.

So far, the red line where some of those who got vaccinated get sick has not been crossed. If it would be crossed, you can expect a total social/economic collapse.

I think they tried to overblow the 'Swine flu' as this pandemic and I never understood the hype. It was just another mild strain of influenza that comes and goes around like every year. It seemed more like an exercise in tracking and pandemic preparedness than anything else.
https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20100907/h1n1-swine-flu-no-worse-than-seasonal-flu

Given the hype was overblown I think it did a disservice to the trust people had when this covid came around. Many probably thought 'not another bloody little flu!' (well actually Trump did try and tell people it was a little flu that goes away).

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #2882 on: March 13, 2021, 07:55:11 AM »

Wot.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #2883 on: March 13, 2021, 08:26:39 AM »

Wot.

I prefer Sandy when he sticks to his own thread and spouts his Alternative Theory of Everything to nobody.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2884 on: March 13, 2021, 08:37:17 AM »
I just realized one major benefit of people getting covid and losing their sense of smell.  Fewer people get offended when you fart.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2885 on: March 13, 2021, 10:56:14 PM »

Wot.

I prefer Sandy when he sticks to his own thread and spouts his Alternative Theory of Everything to nobody.

We are going to eat people next year because there was no pandemic in 2010. What’s wrong with that argument?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #2886 on: March 14, 2021, 05:48:52 AM »
What should worry you, other than the fact that you are an RE mod for a flat earth forum, is that Soylent Green was set in the year 2022.
And 2001 Space Odyssey was set in....actually I can't remember, been a while since I saw it.  I'll go look it up.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2887 on: March 14, 2021, 11:51:05 AM »
What should worry you, other than the fact that you are an RE mod for a flat earth forum, is that Soylent Green was set in the year 2022.
And 2001 Space Odyssey was set in....actually I can't remember, been a while since I saw it.  I'll go look it up.
2001 isn't about a post-apocalyptic, dystopian future, so it doesn't count.  But here are a few that do:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/movies-set-in-year-2021/

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2888 on: March 14, 2021, 12:30:41 PM »
2001 isn't about a post-apocalyptic, dystopian future, so it doesn't count.  But here are a few that do:
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/movies-set-in-year-2021/

John Mnemonic!

Actually some of it's predictions weren't that far off.

They maybe should have applied Moore's law a little more aggressively. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2889 on: March 14, 2021, 01:59:08 PM »
2001 isn't about a post-apocalyptic, dystopian future, so it doesn't count. 
Yeah, the gag only really works if the movie has a year on the title.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #2890 on: March 14, 2021, 02:10:48 PM »
Here was a pretty good breakdown on whats going on.

Although its been <1yr specific to the vaccine, its 10yrs for the vehicle method.

Side note
Why arent they focused on therpaies?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2891 on: March 14, 2021, 03:22:13 PM »
Side note
Haven't you heard the old saying about the cost ratio between prevention and cure?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2892 on: March 14, 2021, 03:30:14 PM »
Side note
Haven't you heard the old saying about the cost ratio between prevention and cure?

The paradox of success. People get the shits with masks and social distancing because why bother when no one is getting sick. Then they relax or rebel and everything falls to shit and you have what's going on like in America

If Australia simply threw their hands on the air and didn't give a damn and overseas arrivals could come in unchecked we'd have thousands more dead

But because we didn't take that route, people don't see it and get the shits with lock downs and distancing when no one is sick

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2893 on: March 14, 2021, 03:32:11 PM »

Exactly.

Not only that, but this:

"We now know COVID was being transmitted in the USA in the fall of 2019. By January of 2020 there had probably been millions of cases of COVID in PA. In mid January 2020, 7% of the population of Michigan, over 700,000 people, were suffering “flu like symptoms”. Though I was never tested, since there were no tests available, I came to realize, based on my peculiar symptoms, that I endured a case of COVID in late January 2020. Antibody testing in March and April in CA and NY indicated millions of people had already had COVID. If people only realized they made it thru the winter of 2019-2020 without being locked-d0wn, or even fearful of COVID, there would be a lot more resistance to the draconian “response”

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2894 on: March 14, 2021, 03:50:46 PM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2895 on: March 14, 2021, 03:58:43 PM »
Folks are working on therapies. It's probably just that vaccine hype is overwhelming it.

Everything you need to know about the COVID-19 therapy trials
There are thousands of clinical trials investigating treatments and preventative measures for COVID-19.

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/feature/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-covid-19-therapy-trials

UC San Francisco (a US Top medical school/research/hospital) has been on the therapy trail for a while:

COVID-19 clinical trials at UCSF
30 in progress, 15 open to eligible people
https://clinicaltrials.ucsf.edu/covid-19

A couple of interesting studies include:

Cancer Drug Shows Potent Activity in the Lab Against SARS-CoV-2, Including B.1.1.7 Variant
https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/01/419686/cancer-drug-shows-potent-activity-lab-against-sars-cov-2-including-b117-variant

Azithromycin for COVID-19 Treatment in Outpatients Nationwide
https://clinicaltrials.ucsf.edu/trial/NCT04332107

« Reply #2896 on: March 14, 2021, 03:58:46 PM »
Side note

Yes
But both required because this thing rips the population so fast and has so many wierdo symptoms

« Reply #2897 on: March 14, 2021, 04:01:07 PM »
Ok cool
Tha ks guys

I mena they shoved some mircale drug up trumps butt so im a little surpised one of those manymany cocktails didnt get some more news

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2898 on: March 14, 2021, 08:57:07 PM »
Trump was talking about light or something to kill the virus. Wonder if they jammed a light bulb up his arse too

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2899 on: March 18, 2021, 07:41:41 AM »
My mom finally got an appointment!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2900 on: March 18, 2021, 07:56:14 AM »
Which kind?  My Dad finally got one but it was because he was resistant to getting a vaccine, not an anti-vaxxer just had a really bad experience with a polio vaccine when he was a kid.  Yes my dad is 1000 years old.  He got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2901 on: March 18, 2021, 08:40:10 AM »
She's getting the Johnson and Johnson one. She would have gotten the other one, but she just never could get an appointment, or the only ones available were 50 miles away.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #2902 on: March 18, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
It seems that the J&J has more side effects, and it may or may not be as efficacious, but it's a whole lot better than nothing and I'm glad to have gotten it.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #2903 on: March 18, 2021, 02:46:47 PM »
https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2021/03/18/watch-live-gov-spencer/

Woohoo!  Vaccines for everyone in Utah next week.

The numbers for J&J are a little weird.  It's like 70% effective against catching it but nearly 100% effective against serious symptoms from covid.  Not sure how they managed that.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2904 on: March 18, 2021, 03:19:53 PM »

The numbers for J&J are a little weird.  It's like 70% effective against catching it but nearly 100% effective against serious symptoms from covid.  Not sure how they managed that.

Isn't that kind like the flu vaccine's effectiveness? I wonder if the 70% is because of the variants.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2905 on: March 18, 2021, 05:02:02 PM »
The AstroZeneca version is being rolled out in Australia next week.   

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2906 on: March 18, 2021, 06:38:11 PM »

Isn't that kind like the flu vaccine's effectiveness? I wonder if the 70% is because of the variants.

What I've read is that the efficacy of J&J's one-and-done, more old school type of vax (non-mNRA based), is sort of in the 70's regardless of variants...in a sense. (I'll get to that last "in a sense" bit in a moment.) But that it's "if you catch it, how bad will it be" stats are on par with the mNRA's (Moderna & Pfizer)
A benefit of J&J, aside from one-and-done is, from what I've read - not sure on this - is that since it came out later, it was tested against some of the variants and did well. Whereas the mNRA's were sort of catching up in testing against some of the variants.

Another aside specific to Pfizer, I was told today that a study came out of England recently that said the single dose for the immune-compromised, specifically chemo patients, is like 13% protection as opposed to the "normal" 65% I've read about. But that with the 2nd dose booster it jacks right up to "normal" in the 90's. I don't know if that's for all immune-compromised, it was conveyed as specific to cancer patients under said treatment. So the advice/message was, in essence, if chemo'd up and get the first Pfizer dose and are awaiting the second, act accordingly like you haven't gotten a vax yet - Still be vigilant with the protocols.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #2907 on: March 18, 2021, 11:42:01 PM »
They're hoping to give every adult at least one jab by the end of July here but that feels forever away. Still not really sure if I fall into the risk group or not as I never got a asthma diagnosis paper from the doctor.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2908 on: March 19, 2021, 12:47:54 AM »
They're hoping to give every adult at least one jab by the end of July here but that feels forever away. Still not really sure if I fall into the risk group or not as I never got a asthma diagnosis paper from the doctor.

Gayer, I'm sure where you reside, but the Dr who conveyed the study to me today mentioned it because the UK strategy is different than the US which allowed for data to be gathered that I mentioned. In that the UK is trying to get as many people rapidly first jabbed and perhaps not as concerned with the second booster jab in order to get as many up into the 65% first jab efficacy realm to stave off variants (B1.1.7 and the like) as quickly as possible. In doing so, they've been able to collect more data around 1 jabbers and the varying efficacy regarding underlying conditions more so than here. In the US, our strategy has been more around getting both jabs to as many people to get everyone up into the 90's. For instance, I got my #1 Pfizer jab on Tuesday and was immediately signed up for my second on 4/6, 21 days later.

However, I was just reading a paper out of the University of Minnesota from a well regarded group called CIDRAP (Center for Infectious Disease Response & Policy) that is recommending more of a pivot to the UK model precisely because of the surge that may come here because of the variants. Which is a little disheartening for me if the CDC takes notice of their recommendation and decides to adopt the policy leaving me in that 13% realm rather than the 65% that normies may get from just 1 jab. But if it's the right thing to do for the greater good of society, I'm cool with it. I'll just keep on keeping on what I and everyone else has been for the past year a little bit longer if focusing on getting the vast majority of people the first jab helps to prevent any sort of surge.

As a side note, in my State in the US asthma is not yet included in the list of conditions of health related issues that would make you eligible for the new eligibility tier that just opened up on 3/15. I'm not sure how it works where you are.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #2909 on: March 19, 2021, 06:34:23 AM »
As far as I understand it, in Finland its people with asthma that requires continuous steroid treatment so daily steroid inhaler which is what I'm prescribed (well, combi inhaler for me) in the second risk group (asthma sufferers who've had oral steroids in the past year go in the first group). I guess I'll just phone up when its the second group's turn and ask but I hate doing that, I have to speak Finnish which sucks.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?