nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #1830 on: July 27, 2020, 08:19:03 AM »
*sigh*
Lackey, do you believe that the coronavirus responsible for covid-19 is spreading among people in the general public by people who are infected but don't know it (asymptomatic/presymptomatic transmission)?
I do not believe the CDC has an accurate test, as sourced above in my previous replies.

I also believe that many people have been told they have SARS-CoV-2, when in fact they do not, as evidenced in numerous reports from across the US and the rest of the world.

The reason I believe this is the facts as reported.
If so, why do you think that masking in public is not a prudent safety precaution to help reduce the spread of the virus?
Because the CDC and the WHO have stated the most predominant method of combating the virus is simply good hygiene practices, as past evidence also exhibits.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1831 on: July 27, 2020, 08:22:35 AM »
*sigh*
Lackey, do you believe that the coronavirus responsible for covid-19 is spreading among people in the general public by people who are infected but don't know it (asymptomatic/presymptomatic transmission)?
I do not believe the CDC has an accurate test, as sourced above in my previous replies.

I also believe that many people have been told they have SARS-CoV-2, when in fact they do not, as evidenced in numerous reports from across the US and the rest of the world.

That doesn't answer my question.

If so, why do you think that masking in public is not a prudent safety precaution to help reduce the spread of the virus?
Because the CDC and the WHO have stated the most predominant method of combating the virus is simply good hygiene practices, as past evidence also exhibits.
Why is masking in public not a good hygiene practice?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1832 on: July 27, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »
*sigh*

That doesn't answer my question.
When you do not know the actual count of people who have the virus, due to the fact you admit the tests you are administering can indicate a reading of positive even if you have another type of coronavirus, such as those that cause colds, I fail to see how you can possibly determine how it is transmitted.
Because it has deleterious effects on users, requires frequent adjustment and touching of the face, and only sick people should wear them.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:49:14 AM by totallackey »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1833 on: July 27, 2020, 09:17:12 AM »
When you do not know the actual count of people who have the virus, due to the fact you admit the tests you are administering can indicate a reading of positive even if you have another type of coronavirus, such as those that cause colds, I fail to see how you can possibly determine how it is transmitted.
Does the test need to be 100% accurate to conclude that the virus is spreading among the general public?  There may or may not be a perfectly accurate count, but all of those people who are filling ICU beds in Florida, Texas, California and most of the rest of the country/world had to get the virus from somewhere.  Where do you think they got it?

Because it has deleterious effects on users, requires frequent adjustment and touching of the face, and only sick people should wear them.
To which "deleterious effects on users" are you referring?  If a mask makes it hard for someone to breathe, then that's a pretty good sign that they probably already have some underlying condition that makes getting covid 19 an especially bad thing.

Also, what about the pre-symptomatic/asymptomatic people?  Should they wear masks to help reduce transmission of the virus?

« Reply #1834 on: July 27, 2020, 09:26:07 AM »

Also, what about the pre-symptomatic/asymptomatic people?  Should they wear masks to help reduce transmission of the virus?

Maybe you were leadig the question.
But who are they?
How do we know who?
Do they know who they are?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1835 on: July 27, 2020, 09:34:53 AM »

Maybe you were leadig the question.
But who are they?
How do we know who?
Do they know who they are?
That's the problem: without symptoms, nobody knows for sure.  That's why masking (along with other common sense precautions) in public is so important: you're helping to reduce the spread of a virus that you probably don't know that you have.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1836 on: July 27, 2020, 04:44:46 PM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/03/fact-check-common-cold-does-not-produce-positive-covid-19-test-result/5366801002/

The fact is, the common cold DOES NOT show positive covid-19 tests. Believe it or not a PCR machine can tell the difference.

There are far more likely chances of tests showing FALSE NEGATIVE results through not swabbing well enough, far enough or too soon after infection where viral loads aren't  high enough, hence why people in quarantine get multiple tests

Saying healthy people don't need masks when the community transmission is so high that everyone's health status is questionable is like saying a healthy person doesn't need PPE working in a lab with infectious viruses

Either totallackey is dumber than this virus and/or he is just trolling (no surprise either way). Why the mods continue to allow it is beyond me. The science is in. You're own countrymen are dropping like flies and allowing totallackeys BS commentary may as well be akin to supporting such nonsense. If you have the common cold , your covid-19 test will return NEGATIVE. That is an undisputed fact

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #1837 on: July 27, 2020, 06:41:41 PM »
People dont get the common cold in the middle of summer.
Youre showing signs of low symptom covid.
Lackless was already shown he cant read the fine print or comprehend simple tables.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1838 on: July 27, 2020, 08:03:24 PM »
Incorrect.
Regardless of when a person catches a cold, the cause is a virus. As the weather turns warm, the viruses that cause most colds tend to shift.

Enteroviruses cause many summer colds, triggering upper respiratory symptoms such as a runny nose and sore throat, as well as stomach problems.

Enteroviruses are more common in the summer months than rhinoviruses, which are more common in colder months.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1839 on: July 27, 2020, 08:44:28 PM »

Either totallackey is dumber than this virus and/or he is just trolling (no surprise either way). Why the mods continue to allow it is beyond me.

It's almost like not everyone worships your opinion, right?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1840 on: July 27, 2020, 09:05:54 PM »

Either totallackey is dumber than this virus and/or he is just trolling (no surprise either way). Why the mods continue to allow it is beyond me.

It's almost like not everyone worships your opinion, right?

Indeed. That would be a huge moral crime and outrage

Except many of what I said are reported facts, not personal opinions

Fact is common colds do not show up in covid-19 tests as positives

Masks make a difference

Those are facts. Disagree if you like but then that becomes an ill opinion

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1841 on: July 27, 2020, 10:47:57 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-victoria-melbourne-mates-fined-5000-for-maccas-run/news-story/ee0e078115da9563ad97859f5ea61896

Damn hey.... 3 mates fined totalling almost $5000 for going to maccas.

Given what's happening in Victoria right now.... No sympathy. Sucked in.

Hope they caught a side order of the corone and are also prisoners in their own homes for a few weeks. Ok no side order - don't want these mofos spreading this crap any further because lord knows they don't give a damn who is hurt

Know your place

« Reply #1842 on: July 28, 2020, 04:17:36 AM »
Incorrect.
Regardless of when a person catches a cold, the cause is a virus. As the weather turns warm, the viruses that cause most colds tend to shift.

Enteroviruses cause many summer colds, triggering upper respiratory symptoms such as a runny nose and sore throat, as well as stomach problems.

Enteroviruses are more common in the summer months than rhinoviruses, which are more common in colder months.

I mean NORMALLY dont get the cold.
Thats why they call it rhe cold.

Youre correct.
When my kid first went to daycare we were perpetually sick for 3/4 of the year.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 05:41:45 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #1843 on: July 28, 2020, 04:27:33 AM »
Does the test need to be 100% accurate to conclude that the virus is spreading among the general public? 
If you do not know if you are actually detecting the virus, then you cannot state you have a spreading virus.
There may or may not be a perfectly accurate count, but all of those people who are filling ICU beds in Florida, Texas, California and most of the rest of the country/world had to get the virus from somewhere.  Where do you think they got it?
As stated earlier, you do not know if they have the virus.

Period.

The CDC admits this.
To which "deleterious effects on users" are you referring?  If a mask makes it hard for someone to breathe, then that's a pretty good sign that they probably already have some underlying condition that makes getting covid 19 an especially bad thing.

You do not know if anyone is pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic.

The do not even know if people actually have the virus itself.

They have admitted this.

Healthy people should not wear masks.

« Reply #1844 on: July 28, 2020, 04:31:20 AM »
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/03/fact-check-common-cold-does-not-produce-positive-covid-19-test-result/5366801002/

The fact is, the common cold DOES NOT show positive covid-19 tests. Believe it or not a PCR machine can tell the difference.

There are far more likely chances of tests showing FALSE NEGATIVE results through not swabbing well enough, far enough or too soon after infection where viral loads aren't  high enough, hence why people in quarantine get multiple tests

Saying healthy people don't need masks when the community transmission is so high that everyone's health status is questionable is like saying a healthy person doesn't need PPE working in a lab with infectious viruses

Either totallackey is dumber than this virus and/or he is just trolling (no surprise either way). Why the mods continue to allow it is beyond me. The science is in. You're own countrymen are dropping like flies and allowing totallackeys BS commentary may as well be akin to supporting such nonsense. If you have the common cold , your covid-19 test will return NEGATIVE. That is an undisputed fact
Considering the source you provided (USA Today) actually presents a supposed FACT CHECK quoting the FACT the antibody test provides a false POSITIVE for SARS-CoV-2, when any other number of coronaviruses can also result in a POSITIVE, I fail to see how you think I am trolling.

The numbers provided for Covid-19 include both test results.

You just proved my point.

Further evidence for the fake numbers associated with this reality TV BS:
https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-false-positive/289-e88acbc3-b15f-4d54-a7c7-b157b6b6384e

https://fox6now.com/2020/07/10/fda-warns-labs-about-high-risk-of-false-positives-from-medical-companys-covid-19-test/
Please note they use they word HIGH RISK for a false positive.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:38:32 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #1845 on: July 28, 2020, 05:46:57 AM »
Does the test need to be 100% accurate to conclude that the virus is spreading among the general public? 
If you do not know if you are actually detecting the virus, then you cannot state you have a spreading virus.
There may or may not be a perfectly accurate count, but all of those people who are filling ICU beds in Florida, Texas, California and most of the rest of the country/world had to get the virus from somewhere.  Where do you think they got it?

Period.

The CDC admits this.

They have admitted this.

You know you have a spreading virus based on measruable results - increased icu amd deaths.

You know or dont know you are sick so if no one truly knows and since rhe resilt is increased hospitalziation, so then masks are necessary for the greater good of the poplation (unless your stance is thanos-esque).
If the sickness had little to no reprecussions (herpies) then we can continue on ladeeda.
But it doesnt.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1846 on: July 28, 2020, 06:35:00 AM »
Lackey, are you suggesting that the tests are zero percent accurate?

They have admitted this.

Again, that's exactly why healthy people should be wearing masks: because you don't know if you have the virus until it's too late.

By your logic, healthy people don't need to wash their hands or social distance either.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 06:36:33 AM by markjo »

« Reply #1847 on: July 28, 2020, 08:22:33 AM »

Period.

The CDC admits this.

They have admitted this.

You know you have a spreading virus based on measruable results - increased icu amd deaths.
Considering the numbers in US hospitals are based on the fact that every patient testing positive nets an additional $11,000 USD, these numbers too, are suspect.
You know or dont know you are sick so if no one truly knows and since rhe resilt is increased hospitalziation, so then masks are necessary for the greater good of the poplation (unless your stance is thanos-esque).
If the sickness had little to no reprecussions (herpies) then we can continue on ladeeda.
But it doesnt.
The illness has no repurcussions for well over 90 percent of those who contract it, regardless of which numbers you use.

« Reply #1848 on: July 28, 2020, 08:26:10 AM »
Where have I done that?

I have provided sources stating they are not accurate.

Plus, you have the fact the hospital receives $11,000 for every positive case reported.

That makes it a money maker and more than likely skews the numbers.

They have admitted this.

Again, that's exactly why healthy people should be wearing masks: because you don't know if you have the virus until it's too late.

By your logic, healthy people don't need to wash their hands or social distance either.
Incorrect.

Past practice dictates sound procedure.

Past practice has always included good hygiene and remaining home when you are sick, not masks for healthy people.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1849 on: July 28, 2020, 09:20:04 AM »

The illness has no repurcussions for well over 90 percent of those who contract it, regardless of which numbers you use.

Unless you consider spreading it, possibly to freinds or family, to be a repercussion.

Don't forget they are finding that people who didn't show any visible symptoms have lung damage, and also some have neurological damage as well.

Remember Polio? There is no reason COVID can't cause long term effects as well.  It's still new, we are only just now starting to get a picture of what it does. Mmm, lung disease and brain damage. Sounds fun.

So harmless? Yeah... I wouldn't bet my life on it.

« Reply #1850 on: July 28, 2020, 12:01:27 PM »
All roads lead to conspiracy.
Hospital standardized billing practice debunks your 11$ or 36$ claim.
Possibly a few doctors are over billing as is std bell curve on amount of assholes in the world.
but en mass?  No.
And still doesnt account for increased dead count.
Unless thats a conspiracy too.

Didnt see a refuting point against the assymptomatic - unless your refuting point was that 9/10 are fine?
By that logic mass shootings are fine because most get away.
And like it was said, masking is beneficial to your fellow human who may succumb to covid.
Which no one knows who is, will, or can.

In summary.
Lackless follows the fox-trump playbook in debating.
 1.  Its a hoax.
 2.  Fine its real but not that bad.
And waiting for the
 3.  Its obama and the dems fault.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:09:14 PM by Themightykabool »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1851 on: July 28, 2020, 12:09:27 PM »
Where have I done that?

I have provided sources stating they are not accurate.
Some tests are more accurate than others.  The molecular tests are very accurate.  Antigen tests are pretty accurate for positive results but can produce false negatives.  Antibody tests are fairly accurate but can produce false positive and negative results.
https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/coronavirus-testing-basics

Plus, you have the fact the hospital receives $11,000 for every positive case reported.

That makes it a money maker and more than likely skews the numbers.
How much do you think that it costs the hospital to treat a covid patient?
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-covid-19-treatment-testing-costs-2020-3

Past practice dictates sound procedure.
Past practice may not be applicable to a new disease.

Past practice has always included good hygiene and remaining home when you are sick, not masks for healthy people.
What does past practice say about people who don't know that they're sick (pre-symptomatic/asymptomatic) but may still be contagious?

What about the 10% for whom there are potentially very serious repercussions?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:13:29 PM by markjo »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1852 on: July 28, 2020, 12:30:52 PM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #1853 on: July 28, 2020, 12:46:36 PM »
they don't believe astronauts.
why would they believe a fake news story?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1854 on: July 28, 2020, 03:09:52 PM »
Did any of you watch the "White Coat Summit" yesterday? Demon sperm trended on Twitter for hours today because Stella Immanuel, the doctor Trump was so impressed with, thinks endometriosis is caused by having dream sex with demons.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #1855 on: July 28, 2020, 04:29:24 PM »
Did any of you watch the "White Coat Summit" yesterday? Demon sperm trended on Twitter for hours today because Stella Immanuel, the doctor Trump was so impressed with, thinks endometriosis is caused by having dream sex with demons.

I'm sorry, what?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1856 on: July 28, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »

I'm sorry, what?

I wish I could tell you that this isn't real. lol

Yesterday a video called "White Coat Summit" was posted on social media. Facebook took it down, then Breitbart posted it on Twitter. Trump Jr was suspended from Twitter temporarily for reposting it. You can read a little about it here https://www.bbc.com/news/53559938

Today people found out who Dr Immanuel is. (Pres Trump thinks she was very impressive)

She believes demon sperm causes endometriosis. She believes reptilians run the government. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1857 on: July 28, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »

You mean to say it's not?

Its been years since I last had dream sex with a demon.   I feel I'm missing out.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1858 on: July 28, 2020, 05:19:19 PM »
I just don't even.

And Trump supporters are going to start claiming that demon sex is a real problem and Obama's dad is one.

Not sure about the alien DNA, that's too far out even for Trump lovers.  Maybe.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1859 on: July 28, 2020, 06:21:08 PM »

Oh I have to watch this demon sperm video now.  I have so many questions.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget