nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #1800 on: July 22, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
I heard that Nancy Pelosi has started referring to it as the Trump Virus.

That could go viral  ( pardon the pun )
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #1801 on: July 23, 2020, 03:46:44 AM »
When a person writes the words, "WE KNOW," and then tries to float the word, "MAYBE," a few months down the road, I think I will go with the first utterance.
So you don't think that the person might have learned things during those few months that may have caused that person to update their opinion?  Or, maybe that the situation is more nuanced than you care to admit.
Of course.

If they learn something new and it has scientific evidence, it should be spelled out, especially for people like you.

In this case, it hasn't been spelled out and hence your confusion.

It is obvious only the feelings have change, which is what you are all about anyway.
As if health care workers come from the planet Vulcan.

Health care workers are recruited from the general public...
*sigh*  Healthcare workers work in a much higher risk environment than the general public, therefore their guidance is different than the general public.
That is correct.

And when they are in the high-risk environment, wear the appropriate PPE, including a mask which is recommended by the WHO.

When in community settings, no mask necessary, just like the general public.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 05:48:05 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #1802 on: July 23, 2020, 05:59:41 AM »
"Trump went on to explain the test, saying that after several questions, the doctor returned to the list of words, asking Trump to repeat them. “And you go, ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ They say, ‘That’s amazing. How did you do that?’ ‘I do it because I have like a good memory? Because I’m cognitively there.’”

One list of words that features on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, the test Trump is referring to, is “Face, velvet, church, daisy, red.”"

A doctor was amazed someone could string five words together?   ::)

I mean, maybe they amazed as they thought Trump was totally retarded and it turns out he's only semi-retarded?

I'm not sure he really gets how stupid this makes him sound.  Also, I don't think he passed it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 06:06:55 AM by JimmyTheCrab »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1803 on: July 23, 2020, 06:41:53 AM »

*sigh*  Healthcare workers work in a much higher risk environment than the general public, therefore their guidance is different than the general public.
That is correct.

And when they are in the high-risk environment, wear the appropriate PPE, including a mask which is recommended by the WHO.

You still haven't gotten to Table 2 on page 7 yet, have you? ::)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lorddave

« Reply #1804 on: July 23, 2020, 06:53:59 AM »
"Trump went on to explain the test, saying that after several questions, the doctor returned to the list of words, asking Trump to repeat them. “And you go, ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ They say, ‘That’s amazing. How did you do that?’ ‘I do it because I have like a good memory? Because I’m cognitively there.’”

One list of words that features on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, the test Trump is referring to, is “Face, velvet, church, daisy, red.”"

I mean, maybe they amazed as they thought Trump was totally retarded and it turns out he's only semi-retarded?

I'm not sure he really gets how stupid this makes him sound.  Also, I don't think he passed it.
Probably.  Or he's embelishing like crazy, as he usually does.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1805 on: July 23, 2020, 08:32:12 AM »

It's also entirely possible that he just paid someone else to take the test.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #1806 on: July 23, 2020, 08:54:50 AM »

That is correct.

Of course I got there.

What's your point?

« Reply #1807 on: July 23, 2020, 09:39:18 AM »

I'm sure he is embelishing, it's just he doesn't realise how stupid it makes him sound.  It like him going "Today I played with the crayons, and the teacher said they were the best drawings she'd ever seen!".

And thinking it's actually going to impress a room full of adults.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1808 on: July 23, 2020, 10:38:01 AM »

That is correct.

Of course I got there.

What's your point?
Since it specially deals with masking guidance for the general public, it's quite obvious that you didn't read it, didn't understand it or just plain ignored it.

Table 2. Examples of where the general public should be encouraged to use medical and non-medical masks in areas with known or suspected community transmission

Nowhere in that table does it give a situation where masks are not recommended.

« Reply #1809 on: July 23, 2020, 03:36:42 PM »

I did not lie.

You cannot read a table.

Page 5 Lists the WHO, then states Health Worker or Care Giver AND Health Worker

And yet you completely ignore Table 2 on page 7 of that document that lays out their guidance for the general public.
[/quote]

Can you post this table 2?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1811 on: July 23, 2020, 04:44:06 PM »
On a positive note for Australia thanks to the corone and all our social distancing / focus on hygiene / stay at home etc, we have only had just over 30 people die of 'regular flu' as opposed to over 400ish this time last year or something

Silver linings.....

Anecdotally, I have not even had 1 cold this year. No sniffles, nothing. All our measures has essentially crushed the r0 value of every bastard bug out there. Yeah! 8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #1812 on: July 23, 2020, 06:05:50 PM »
Table 2. Examples of where the general public should be encouraged to use medical and non-medical masks in areas with
known or suspected community transmission.

Kind puts Lackless's assertion to bed.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1813 on: July 23, 2020, 06:14:37 PM »
Have you met lackey?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1814 on: July 23, 2020, 09:07:56 PM »
One of the biggest problems are the reactive approaches governments (including Australia) have made when dealing with this virus

If you want to get a handle on something that has exponential growth, you need to make proactive decisions.

Australias state of NSW won't mandate the use of masks until shit hits the fan. But it could be avoided (or much less pain felt) if it were mandated now.

If you want a handle a crushing the r0 value, consider everyone, including yourself as infected and behave accordingly

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #1815 on: July 26, 2020, 11:09:27 AM »
https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article244443257.html

Oh look, Death Panels.  And NOT made by Obama.  Who'd have thought?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #1816 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »
Table 2. Examples of where the general public should be encouraged to use medical and non-medical masks in areas with
known or suspected community transmission.

Have you met lackey?
It doesn't matter whether he has met me or not.

If health care workers are in a community setting and no mask is necessary, then all of the public when they are in a community setting are in the same state.

No mask necessary.

« Reply #1817 on: July 26, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
Table 1 - The only two oppurtunities for nonmaksing is when working in a non covid ward and when at a 1m distance.
And even then it is suggested to wearing a mask.
All others require maksing.
Wtf you on about, Lackless?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1818 on: July 26, 2020, 03:43:13 PM »
If health care workers are in a community setting and no mask is necessary, then all of the public when they are in a community setting are in the same state.
There are two sets of guidance: one for healthcare workers and another for the general public.  Why is that too complicated for you?

No mask necessary.
For medical workers in a community outreach program.  Table 1 gives no guidance for medical workers when they go to a supermarket or other setting where physical distancing may not be possible.

« Reply #1819 on: July 27, 2020, 03:38:39 AM »
There are two sets of guidance: one for healthcare workers and another for the general public.  Why is that too complicated for you?
It's not complicated at all.

Table 1 states health care workers - no mask necessary when in community settings.

Table 2 then tries to contradict that stance, pretending the virus is somehow intelligent enough to ascertain the difference between a health care worker AND any other member of the general public.
No mask necessary.
For medical workers in a community outreach program.  Table 1 gives no guidance for medical workers when they go to a supermarket or other setting where physical distancing may not be possible.
Now, you are trying to claim the virus is HIGHLY INTELLIGENT and can ascertain the specific surrounding.

Healthy people do not need to wear masks.

Period.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1820 on: July 27, 2020, 04:46:13 AM »
Right now in America there are literally thousands of people walking around with covid-19 and they don't even know it

Wearing a mask drastically reduces the chance of transmitting the virus by those that have it

Healthy people in addition wearing a mask drastically reduces the chance of inhaling it.

Combined, the viruses chances of spreading are knee capped

The WHO in the beginning sucked in their knowledge and were too slow to act. Their advice used to assume the virus was not all that airborne and not transmitted by asymptomatic people. And would not carry through the air in aerosols but large droplets. We know that's all BS now. Hence, mask is important. No you don't need a surgical P95 mask all hours but a cloth one while not perfect, if worn by everyone would go a long way while being comfortable

If repugnicans really wanted to assure Trumps presidential election victory, they would get behind this. Why? Because in 6 weeks, the number of community transmissions would be negligible. By the time of the election, Trump could boast behind defeating the virus

Keep on track and the greatest number of casualties will be dumbarse repugnicans who would otherwise have given Trump their vote.

Seriously not hard stuff. ::)

Know your place

Lorddave

« Reply #1821 on: July 27, 2020, 05:03:14 AM »
Will someone just cough on Lackey and save us all?

« Reply #1822 on: July 27, 2020, 05:42:59 AM »
It's not complicated at all.

Table 1 states health care workers - no mask necessary when in community settings.

Table 2 then tries to contradict that stance, pretending the virus is somehow intelligent enough to ascertain the difference between a health care worker AND any other member of the general public.
No mask necessary.
Now, you are trying to claim the virus is HIGHLY INTELLIGENT and can ascertain the specific surrounding.

Healthy people do not need to wear masks.

Period.

Ill just claim
The virus is somehow more intelligent than Lackless.

« Reply #1823 on: July 27, 2020, 05:48:40 AM »
What the cdc and Lackless and many govt didnt understand is that nurses, by logistics, often have overlapping duties where they care fir many different people.
This is a reason old folks homes got hit hard in many countries.
If you are a health care worker strictly in an isolated environment sure, you could get away with maskless if at a disrance in a community setting.
Doesnt say dont, doesnt say do.
It says suggssted.
And the state of the States shows Lackless is wrong in his assertio/ interpreration its a solid Dont.

« Reply #1824 on: July 27, 2020, 05:51:36 AM »
Additional considerations for community care settings:
Community health workers should use standard precautions
for all patients at all times
, with particular emphasis regarding
hand and respiratory hygiene, surface and environmental
cleaning and disinfection, and the appropriate use of personal
protective equipment. Additional IPC measures that are
needed will depend on the local COVID-19 transmission
dynamics
and the type of contact required by the health care
activity.

A footnote says just what i said.
Cover up if your area is fucked.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:54:01 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #1825 on: July 27, 2020, 06:03:53 AM »
Right now in America there are literally thousands of people walking around with covid-19 and they don't even know it.
Right now in America, there are literally thousands of people walking around without Covid-19, yet believe they do because the tests are not accurate.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-04-15/us-virus-numbers-now-include-probable-cases-without-tests?fbclid=IwAR1qcdECvEPPV2XPRNO3b9vC0p0DYSXx14sISEPu8RfHT2p5nVS5GaG_Ejo
"The U.S. tally of coronavirus cases and deaths might jump, because federal health officials will now count illnesses that are not confirmed by lab testing."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold."

So, your claim that thousands have it without knowing actually turns into the truth... which is hardly anyone has it.
Wearing a mask drastically reduces the chance of transmitting the virus by those that have it.
Correct.

Healthy people do not need a mask.
Healthy people in addition wearing a mask drastically reduces the chance of inhaling it.
Incorrect.

Wearing a mask, according to the health experts as quoted innumerable times here, state the mask is merely to protect others.
Combined, the viruses chances of spreading are knee capped.
Errr...nope.
The WHO in the beginning sucked in their knowledge and were too slow to act. Their advice used to assume the virus was not all that airborne and not transmitted by asymptomatic people. And would not carry through the air in aerosols but large droplets. We know that's all BS now. Hence, mask is important. No you don't need a surgical P95 mask all hours but a cloth one while not perfect, if worn by everyone would go a long way while being comfortable

If repugnicans really wanted to assure Trumps presidential election victory, they would get behind this. Why? Because in 6 weeks, the number of community transmissions would be negligible. By the time of the election, Trump could boast behind defeating the virus

Keep on track and the greatest number of casualties will be dumbarse repugnicans who would otherwise have given Trump their vote.

Seriously not hard stuff. ::)
Not really a well thought out position...and reveals the true nature of the bias within you.

« Reply #1826 on: July 27, 2020, 06:06:44 AM »
What the cdc and Lackless and many govt didnt understand is that nurses, by logistics, often have overlapping duties where they care fir many different people.
This is a reason old folks homes got hit hard in many countries.
If you are a health care worker strictly in an isolated environment sure, you could get away with maskless if at a disrance in a community setting.
Doesnt say dont, doesnt say do.
It says suggssted.
And the state of the States shows Lackless is wrong in his assertio/ interpreration its a solid Dont.
Actually, the reported state of the States is wildly inaccurate reporting by a media almost as smart as you...which isn't sayin much...

Hard to get a true record of the numbers when the whole thing is a billion dollar industry and satisfies the reality tv porn worshippers such as yourself.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1827 on: July 27, 2020, 06:38:05 AM »
*sigh*
Lackey, do you believe that the coronavirus responsible for covid-19 is spreading among people in the general public by people who are infected but don't know it (asymptomatic/presymptomatic transmission)?

If so, why do you think that masking in public is not a prudent safety precaution to help reduce the spread of the virus?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 06:39:45 AM by markjo »

« Reply #1828 on: July 27, 2020, 07:09:40 AM »
So the infected numbers are falsely high AND the numbers are accurately high.

Cant have it both ways.
What are you, a trump supportor?
Ha!

2nd.
Hospitalization and death rates are real numbers.
Hard to argue facts.
Unless youre a trumper.
Or a FEr.

Lorddave

« Reply #1829 on: July 27, 2020, 07:11:35 AM »
Guys.  Lackless thinks the virus can fly on its own and can propell itself through masks like a bug.
There is no reasoning with someone like that.