nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #1710 on: July 15, 2020, 06:20:49 AM »
Stop turning every thread to shit. Shifter, stop enabling him.

You mean stop any efforts to put a plug on his misinformation, baseless conspiracy theories and BS?

Yeah, rightio then  ::)
Yes, just ignore him. He then usually shuts the fuck up and people can have a normal discussion.
Shifter or lackey?  Neither ever seem to shut the fuck up.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1711 on: July 15, 2020, 06:32:18 AM »

You mean stop any efforts to put a plug on his misinformation, baseless conspiracy theories and BS?

Yes, just ignore him. He then usually shuts the fuck up and people can have a normal discussion.

I'd report your post for being low content and trolling but that does no good. So I'll put it publically so the thread further gets degraded with noise so that something does actually get done about it

Keep in mind which forum you're in.

Also why am I targeted and attacked for calling lackey out on his stupid BS? Everyone else gets to respond with similar sensible posts and get a free pass?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1712 on: July 15, 2020, 06:59:39 AM »
Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

Considering the WHO doesn't know whether to shit or go blind, I would take this as clear evidence they have no clue about what they are talking about.

Would you please make up your mind?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #1713 on: July 15, 2020, 08:31:55 AM »
If by pointing out the source that DNS provided has the following header:

Once again, for clarity, here is the WHO recommendations on how to avoid infection:

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

somehow = shit in your estimation, I think it wise for you to look again.

« Reply #1714 on: July 15, 2020, 08:35:08 AM »

I'd report your post for being low content and trolling but that does no good. So I'll put it publically so the thread further gets degraded with noise so that something does actually get done about it

Also why am I targeted and attacked for calling lackey out on his stupid BS? Everyone else gets to respond with similar sensible posts and get a free pass?
You are not being targeted for supposedly attacking me for posting what you like to call BS.

You are simply joining in the chorus in an attempt to bury the WHO recommendation to the public, which happens to not include the wearing of masks.

Wearing masks is not going to help anyone, except doctors in a surgical setting.

« Reply #1715 on: July 15, 2020, 08:38:06 AM »

Considering the WHO doesn't know whether to shit or go blind, I would take this as clear evidence they have no clue about what they are talking about.

My mind is made up.

The WHO does not recommend the use of masks.

Also, Fauci is a proven liar.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1716 on: July 15, 2020, 08:55:51 AM »

My mind is made up.

You also said that the WHO doesn't know what they're talking about, so why would you listen to their advice about washing your hands, etc.?

« Reply #1717 on: July 15, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »

My mind is made up.

You also said that the WHO doesn't know what they're talking about, so why would you listen to their advice about washing your hands, etc.?
Because the WHO is only repeating the things my ancestors taught me, which was maintaining sound hygiene.

Unlike you.

You do not even know when to change your diaper, according to your profile pic.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1718 on: July 15, 2020, 09:00:51 AM »

You are not being targeted for supposedly attacking me for posting what you like to call BS.

You are simply joining in the chorus in an attempt to bury the WHO recommendation to the public, which happens to not include the wearing of masks.

Wearing masks is not going to help anyone, except doctors in a surgical setting.

Personally I think the WHO has a lot to answer for and Tedros is a corrupt dickhead who is owned by China who are also highly corrupt. In the beginning of this pandemic they were WAY too late to call it for what it was, gave mixed messaging and the information it did come out with seemed more to appease China than to be about whats good. Australia (and also America) barred people from China from entry into the country. China was outraged and the WHO was saying this was an unhelpful measure. They also ignored Taiwans warnings because 'Oh you're not a member because China doesn't recognise you". And how long has it taken them to acknowledge this corona virus is far more airborne than they have led us to believe for so long. F the WHO

Still, a good idea is a good idea. Masks are a great shield to prevent the spread. Basically you could get the R value of the virus to less than 1 (effectively stamping it out) if everyone simply wore a mask, used lots of hand sanitiser and only went out when they had to for a few weeks.

But its the covid party freaks and 'this virus is nothing to worry about' morons that are the real enemy. If you got the corone, whatever, you'll probably live. Its who you subsequently pass it on to that's the problem. Like elderly people. Or people with compromised immune systems or health disorders.

If this corona virus is a test to see how society would handle a really nasty pandemic, then we are in a shitload of trouble when that day arrives. Like, imagine if an airborne ebola style virus was loose. Or the day when our antibiotics are totally useless

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1719 on: July 15, 2020, 09:11:37 AM »
Because the WHO is only repeating the things my ancestors taught me, which was maintaining sound hygiene.
Ancestors indeed.  Did you know that many doctors felt that the idea of washing their hands was nonsense as late as the 1860s?
Surgeons began regularly scrubbing up in the 1870s, but the importance of everyday handwashing did not become universal until more than a century later. It wasn’t until the 1980s that hand hygiene was officially incorporated into American health care with the first national hand hygiene guidelines.

If washing your hands is now considered sound hygiene, then why shouldn't wearing a mask to reduce the spread of a respiratory disease be as well?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 09:13:25 AM by markjo »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1720 on: July 15, 2020, 09:19:37 AM »
If washing your hands is now considered sound hygiene, then why shouldn't wearing a mask to reduce the spread of a respiratory disease be as well?

Our far descendants may say the same thing. "Did you know in the early 21st century face masks were considered nonsense by the population?"

Although it wont be the morons descendants that say this. With their blasé attitude to pandemics they'll be lucky to live long enough to have them!

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1721 on: July 15, 2020, 09:24:51 AM »

My mind is made up.

Also, Fauci is a proven liar.

Where do you keep getting this no mask recommendation from? It’s right there on the WHO "Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public” page:

Protect yourself and others from the spread COVID-19
You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:

- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. Have someone bring you supplies. If you need to leave your house, wear a mask to avoid infecting others. Why? Avoiding contact with others will protect them from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

From the WHO: "Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID-19":

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1722 on: July 15, 2020, 02:10:47 PM »
Does anybody know if they already have issues with icu capacities and number of vents in the us?
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1723 on: July 15, 2020, 02:21:00 PM »
I think Texas is about to run out of both ICU beds and ventilators. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #1724 on: July 15, 2020, 02:25:12 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/07/15/891351706/white-house-strips-cdc-of-data-collection-role-for-covid-19-hospitalizations
Because Trump totally doesn't want to manipulate the data and it'll be totally fine to have thousands of hospitals suddenly report using a new system they have no training on within 24 hours.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #1725 on: July 15, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
Totalackey for mod!!!! O0 O0 O0
  Is he the only one who sees what crap this whole outbreak is.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1726 on: July 15, 2020, 02:29:36 PM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/07/15/891351706/white-house-strips-cdc-of-data-collection-role-for-covid-19-hospitalizations
Because Trump totally doesn't want to manipulate the data and it'll be totally fine to have thousands of hospitals suddenly report using a new system they have no training on within 24 hours.
It makes sense that they have to send the data to the white house so they have to most recent data and perhaps can manage vents all over the us. It makes no sense that they remove the cdc from the equation tho.

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1727 on: July 15, 2020, 02:43:23 PM »

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1728 on: July 15, 2020, 02:48:36 PM »
It makes sense that they have to send the data to the white house so they have to most recent data and perhaps can manage vents all over the us. It makes no sense that they remove the cdc from the equation tho.

Originally wasn't it the CDC that managed the federal emergency stockpile but then Trump changed that? (probably so he could hand over supplies to his repugnican allies first)

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1729 on: July 15, 2020, 03:43:27 PM »
I think Texas is about to run out of both ICU beds and ventilators.

This from 2 days ago. Looks kinda grim:

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1730 on: July 15, 2020, 04:33:21 PM »

Ther White House could easily get all the data from the CDC, and probably was and didn't like what they saw.

Now all the bad news is just going to vanish.

The corruption and pure evil of Trump is just astounding. If the deaths don't go away, he will just bury the numbers!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1731 on: July 15, 2020, 09:37:00 PM »
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1732 on: July 15, 2020, 10:15:54 PM »
And this is why we're fucked.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2020/07/15/packed-meeting-utah/

What the hell is wrong with people?? God damn those morons

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1733 on: July 15, 2020, 10:39:51 PM »
Yep.  And these are strangers on the other side of the planet.  I've probably run into these fucking morons at the grocery store.

It only takes this small handful of drooling idiots to completely halt any progress at reducing the spread.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1734 on: July 15, 2020, 11:39:29 PM »

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1735 on: July 16, 2020, 12:14:34 AM »
And this is why we're fucked.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/education/2020/07/15/packed-meeting-utah/

I cant access that from europe.

Here is the article

Provo • As she walked up to the podium to speak, one of the moms grabbed a face mask and spit her gum out into it. “It’s garbage,” she shrugged, wadding it up. “It doesn’t work anyway. Not for me and not for my kids.”

A dad who spoke after her said he, too, doesn’t think the masks are effective, and said he’s pulling his kids out of school this fall if the state doesn’t lift its mandate requiring all K-12 students to wear a face covering. Another mother carried her 4-year-old son in her arms, noting there’s no way he would keep one on in his kindergarten class — but she thinks they’re stupid anyway, regardless of age.

Parent after parent followed at the Utah County commission meeting Wednesday afternoon, objecting for more than two hours to having their kids in masks even as counts of the virus continue to climb across the state, where there are more than 30,000 confirmed cases.

They packed into the small boardroom to talk, pulling tape off the seats meant to maintain social distancing and crowding in against the walls. They wore “Trump 2020” hats and carried little American flags, and every time someone said “freedom” or “constitutional rights” the whole room cheered. Almost no one wore a mask; those who did had them pulled under their chins.

“This mandate for the children to wear masks is baloney,” said Cynthia Harding, a Provo resident. “We have the right to make our own choices.”

Gov. Gary Herbert had issued the edict last week for masks to be required in schools after he earlier ordered them to open this fall. The move was largely met with applause from teachers and parents who say they feel it will keep those inside schools safe and slow the spread of the virus. But some are now starting to protest.

On Wednesday, the state saw two separate rallies around education.

It kicked off in Provo and was followed, hours later, by a second in Salt Lake City. In the state’s capital, parents and students called on the Salt Lake City School District to get kids back in the classroom instead of continuing online, even as the area — the only location in the state — remains in the “orange,” or moderate, risk phase for the virus.

Know your place

« Reply #1736 on: July 16, 2020, 03:27:13 AM »
Here is part of the reason why the CDC is being bypassed.

None of the numbers being reported are real:

"The U.S. tally of coronavirus cases and deaths might jump, because federal health officials will now count illnesses that are not confirmed by lab testing."

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-04-15/us-virus-numbers-now-include-probable-cases-without-tests?fbclid=IwAR1qcdECvEPPV2XPRNO3b9vC0p0DYSXx14sISEPu8RfHT2p5nVS5GaG_Ejo

Anyone who trusts the reported numbers is a complete and utter fool.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1737 on: July 16, 2020, 05:10:33 AM »

"The U.S. tally of coronavirus cases and deaths might jump, because federal health officials will now count illnesses that are not confirmed by lab testing."

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2020-04-15/us-virus-numbers-now-include-probable-cases-without-tests?fbclid=IwAR1qcdECvEPPV2XPRNO3b9vC0p0DYSXx14sISEPu8RfHT2p5nVS5GaG_Ejo

Big if true.

Also proves how incredibly stupid muricans are.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #1738 on: July 16, 2020, 05:27:51 AM »

Big if true.

Also proves how incredibly stupid muricans are.
Of  course it is true.

Americans are not that stupid.

A majority of Americans do not believe government officials.

There is a silent majority.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1739 on: July 16, 2020, 05:30:42 AM »
How high is their positive outcome rates (if they do 100 tests, how many turn out positive)?

Member of the BOTD