nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #840 on: March 31, 2020, 11:56:42 PM »
A uv light.   I wonder if I can use a black light.  I can at least protect the elastic that way.
A black light wont work.
UV lights emit harmful ultra violet radiation. SO you dont want an exposed UV light anywhere near you.
The UV radiation destroys DNA and RNA very quickly, and can pass through a bit of protective layers, i.e. skin. That is why it is dangerous.
There are medical grade UV sterilizers for this job. But the UV lights you can buy for fish tanks should work fine.

JUST DONT LEAVE THEM EXPOSED WHEN ON. Will give you cancer!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:58:57 PM by MaNaeSWolf »
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #841 on: April 01, 2020, 03:56:09 AM »
It should be noted this was patented in the US in 2006.

Here is the patent number - US2006257852
Anti-gravity was patented too.  What's your point?
https://patents.google.com/patent/US10144532B2/en
My point is the virus is patented.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #842 on: April 01, 2020, 04:33:17 AM »

Yeah right.
Now go take your meds.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #843 on: April 01, 2020, 04:42:10 AM »

Did you read the patent application? If you did you might note that the virus itself is NOT is patented and a naturally occurring virus or bacterium cannot be patented.
United States Patent Application   20060257852
Kind Code   A1
Rappuoli; Rino;   et al.   November 16, 2006
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus

Abstract
An outbreak of a virulent respiratory virus, now known as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), was identified in Hong Kong, China and a growing number of countries around the world in 2003. The invention relates to nucleic acids and proteins from the SARS coronavirus. These nucleic acids and proteins can be used in the preparation and manufacture of vaccine formulations, diagnostic reagents, kits, etc. The invention also provides methods for treating SARS by administering small molecule antiviral compounds, as well as methods of identifying potent small molecules for the treatment of SARS.

So the virus is NOT and cannot be patented unless it was created by genetic engineering and who would dare admit to that :o?

Not only that but read this:
Quote from: Cherry Zhou, patent attorney at HFG
Virus and patentability: few questions to the expert
Can genetic sequence of a new virus be patented in China?

CZ: The gene of a new virus itself, defined by its nucleotide sequence, cannot be patented in China, since the gene merely is found in the nature and existing in its natural state without providing any industrial utilization, so that it will fall into the unallowable category as recited in Article 25, i.e., “scientific discovery”.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Can the test to discover if a certain human being has been infected be patented?
CZ: The test method to detect whether a certain person is infected, cannot be patented in China, because the test method falls into “methods for the diagnosis or for the treatment of disease” as recited in Article 25, which is directly practiced on living human or animal body with immediate purpose to obtain the diagnostic result of a disease or health condition.

However, the method to obtain information from the living human or animal body as an intermediate result does not belong to diagnostic methods and can be patented.

« Reply #844 on: April 01, 2020, 05:06:40 AM »

Did you read the patent application? If you did you might note that the virus itself is NOT is patented and a naturally occurring virus or bacterium cannot be patented.
United States Patent Application   20060257852
Kind Code   A1
Rappuoli; Rino;   et al.   November 16, 2006
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus

Abstract
An outbreak of a virulent respiratory virus, now known as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), was identified in Hong Kong, China and a growing number of countries around the world in 2003. The invention relates to nucleic acids and proteins from the SARS coronavirus. These nucleic acids and proteins can be used in the preparation and manufacture of vaccine formulations, diagnostic reagents, kits, etc. The invention also provides methods for treating SARS by administering small molecule antiviral compounds, as well as methods of identifying potent small molecules for the treatment of SARS.

So the virus is NOT and cannot be patented unless it was created by genetic engineering and who would dare admit to that :o?

Not only that but read this:
Quote from: Cherry Zhou, patent attorney at HFG
Virus and patentability: few questions to the expert
Can genetic sequence of a new virus be patented in China?

CZ: The gene of a new virus itself, defined by its nucleotide sequence, cannot be patented in China, since the gene merely is found in the nature and existing in its natural state without providing any industrial utilization, so that it will fall into the unallowable category as recited in Article 25, i.e., “scientific discovery”.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Can the test to discover if a certain human being has been infected be patented?
CZ: The test method to detect whether a certain person is infected, cannot be patented in China, because the test method falls into “methods for the diagnosis or for the treatment of disease” as recited in Article 25, which is directly practiced on living human or animal body with immediate purpose to obtain the diagnostic result of a disease or health condition.

However, the method to obtain information from the living human or animal body as an intermediate result does not belong to diagnostic methods and can be patented.

Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

When you have a patent on the nucleic acids and proteins (i.e., the building blocks of the virus) and have the ability to make it weaker (or stronger) then by all intents and purposes you have a patent on the virus itself.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #845 on: April 01, 2020, 05:08:21 AM »
The US deaths yesterday were over 1000, up from 500 the day before. Literally doubled overnight.

« Reply #846 on: April 01, 2020, 05:08:29 AM »

Yeah right.
Now go take your meds.
I know I'm right.

Now go pound a meatball.

« Reply #847 on: April 01, 2020, 05:11:27 AM »
The US deaths yesterday were over 1000, up from 500 the day before. Literally doubled overnight.
Wtf are you writing about?

There were not 1000 deaths in the US yesterday.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #848 on: April 01, 2020, 05:22:07 AM »
1036 per Johns Hopkins data

« Reply #849 on: April 01, 2020, 05:29:28 AM »
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
The number you are reporting is not yesterday's deaths.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:32:34 AM by totallackey »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #850 on: April 01, 2020, 05:32:23 AM »
Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

When you have a patent on the nucleic acids and proteins (i.e., the building blocks of the virus) and have the ability to make it weaker (or stronger) then by all intents and purposes you have a patent on the virus itself.

The virus is NOT patented and nobody can patent a natural organism.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #851 on: April 01, 2020, 05:33:40 AM »
Your source says 912. Neat-o. Meanwhile, you can get the JHU data on GitHub and run your own reporting on it. They standardized on UTC, which may very well be the discrepancy, but either way you are splitting hairs.

https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:35:34 AM by boydster »

« Reply #852 on: April 01, 2020, 05:35:12 AM »
Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

The virus is patented.

SARS-CoV-2 is patented.

You can read it right in the source.

You can shout and scream all you want but it was patented in 2006.

Like I wrote, when you have a patent on the building blocks, you have a patent on the shape of what those building blocks form.

In this case, the building blocks we are discussing here happen to make up a virus.

« Reply #853 on: April 01, 2020, 05:37:11 AM »
Your source says 912. Neat-o. Meanwhile, you can get the JHU data on GitHub and run your own reporting on it. They standardized on UTC, which may very well be the discrepancy, but either way you are splitting hairs.
Just admit that 912 =/= 1000, you posted false information (typical for a mod here), and get lost.

Try to do it in the order I suggested, but if you decide to get lost first, I don't think anyone will really mind...

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #854 on: April 01, 2020, 05:53:06 AM »
Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

The virus is patented.

SARS-CoV-2 is patented.

Like I wrote, when you have a patent on the building blocks, you have a patent on the shape of what those building blocks form.

In this case, the building blocks we are discussing here happen to make up a virus.
This is not how patents work!

First - If there is any previous creation of the thing you are patenting by someone else, or something else, then you cant patent it. Or at the very least, it will get thrown out in court. You need to be an original author. Some jackass's have tried to patent everything from the wheel to the swing. They failed. So anyone trying to patent the Coronavirus is going to be disappointed.

Second - patents vary from country to country, meaning that this patent may exist in China, but for 100% certainty it wont be recognized in South Africa, or most of the world. So whoever patented it will only receive protection from patent infringement in China. Which is kinda useless.

Third - Patents are all public record. So if there is a patent, you should be able to find it and show us this alleged patent. The term "Secret patents" is an oxymoron

Fourth - Im sure it is possible to patent a protein, if you can create one. But that does not mean you patented all proteins. Just that single one. Same with Virus's. If you can create a not existing virus, you can probably try to patent that specific strain, but only that specific one. Seeing that Corona viruses have existed for millennia, I dont think you can even attempt that.

And finally. The only reason to patent something is to get legal protection over that idea. So when someone else does the thing you invensted, you can get a court to order them to give you royalties. What legal protection is anyone going to get for patenting a virus that is busy killing 10's of thousands of people? Think they are going to ask everyone who got infected to give them money, for illegally copying the virus? $1 per copy of the virus in your body. Brilliant idea genius!
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #855 on: April 01, 2020, 06:05:16 AM »
Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

The virus is patented.

SARS-CoV-2 is patented.

What is patented is online in the patent. The SARS virus is not one of them.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #856 on: April 01, 2020, 06:43:54 AM »
Just admit that 912 =/= 1000, you posted false information (typical for a mod here), and get lost.

Try to do it in the order I suggested, but if you decide to get lost first, I don't think anyone will really mind...
I posted my source. It is most certainly not false information. You’re being a troll, per usual.

Edit to add: LOL you really don’t read, do you. Your source admits it is under reporting for the reasons outlined below. Just wait until they update it. I bet their numbers suddenly agree with JHU.
March 31 (GMT)

NOTE: Washington State has not reported due to technical problems ("We are experiencing technical difficulties with our COVID-19 data repository") [source] [source] King County Public Health also affected, according to their website [source] Worldometer is updating 03/31 with partial data from the counties that have reported and will adjust Washington State numbers for 03/31 when the reporting will be complete
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 06:46:37 AM by boydster »

« Reply #857 on: April 01, 2020, 07:49:01 AM »
Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

The virus is patented.

SARS-CoV-2 is patented.

Third - Patents are all public record. So if there is a patent, you should be able to find it and show us this alleged patent. The term "Secret patents" is an oxymoron .
US Patent #US2006257852

Subject of Patent = SARS CoV-2

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:34:08 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #858 on: April 01, 2020, 07:51:30 AM »
Like I wrote earlier...

The virus is patented.

The virus is patented.

SARS-CoV-2 is patented.

What is patented is online in the patent. The SARS virus is not one of them.
Yes.

Online in the patent is the individual building blocks (i.e., nucleic acids and proteins), which when assembled = the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

« Reply #859 on: April 01, 2020, 07:54:55 AM »

I posted my source. It is most certainly not false information. You’re being a troll, per usual.

Edit to add: LOL you really don’t read, do you. Your source admits it is under reporting for the reasons outlined below. Just wait until they update it. I bet their numbers suddenly agree with JHU.
Find a place on the JHU site that states over 1000 people died in the US on March 31, 2020.

Be advised (in this case) my asking you to do this is likened to handing you a card with the words,"How do you keep a moron busy?" and "Turn card over for the answer..." written on both sides.

Then, quote it directly, in writing.

You won't, because Johns Hopkins didn't write it.

You, NOT KNOWING HOW TO INTERPRET DATA, and RUNNING YOUR OWN REPORT, came up with that fucked up number.

So yeah, you posted false information.

I would rather be a troll than a mod AND a troll AND just plain stupid like you.

You want to focus on the note from my source stating that Washington State didn't add their numbers and wasn't included. "NOTE: Washington State has not reported due to technical problems ("We are experiencing technical difficulties with our COVID-19 data repository") [source] [source] King County Public Health also affected, according to their website [source] Worldometer is updating 03/31 with partial data from the counties that have reported and will adjust Washington State numbers for 03/31 when the reporting will be complete.'

Somehow, as a moron, you think Johns Hopkins has access to data that isn't available due to technical problems...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:48:17 AM by totallackey »

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #860 on: April 01, 2020, 09:07:32 AM »

It's going to get worse before it gets better.  We only starting doing any meaningful isolation maybe a week ago. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #861 on: April 01, 2020, 09:10:15 AM »
Totallackey it's at your fingertips, pointed you to the GitHub repository where they are sharing their datasets in daily updates.

And no, no one actually has to run their own report, that's already being done by other data aggregators just fine. But the point is, the data is open sourced so there is nothing stopping anyone from verifying it.

Stop being stupid.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:13:48 AM by boydster »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #862 on: April 01, 2020, 09:57:18 AM »
US Patent #US2006257852

Subject of Patent = SARS CoV-2
SARS-CoV-2 was patented in 2006? ???  :o
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #863 on: April 01, 2020, 10:44:41 AM »
This thread is getting way out of hand and way too angry.

The fatality statistics in America be they 900 or 1000 is horrifying either way and I have a feeling that figure will look rather tame in a few weeks from now. You found like 25000 new cases the other day and that's probably a fraction of the real number too. Your esteemed leader has really dropped the ball on this crisis. Spent too long mocking the virus, downplaying its threat and trying to pass it off as a democratic hoax to get him impeached (at least that was the language used by Fox and Friends - one of his favourite shows).

I wonder... Is Trump still keen to defy medical professionals and open up the country by Easter? Hopefully the people don't listen to him and stay indoors

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #864 on: April 01, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »
Trump has sided more with the experts opinion.  But he's a little half hearted about it.  I don't think there's much of a danger of him ordering all of the states to drop their lockdowns that early.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #865 on: April 01, 2020, 10:59:15 AM »
Governor DeSantis is finally ordering a statewide stay at home order. Not going into effect until tomorrow night.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #866 on: April 01, 2020, 11:30:27 AM »
Finland opened up its emergency store for extra medical equipment and whatnot. Found out the large supply of respirators in it expired in 2012 *sigh* what fucking genius was in charge of stock rotation there?!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #867 on: April 01, 2020, 11:50:34 AM »
An "expired" respirator can mean a lot of different things.  If it's been kept in a relatively stable temperature and out of direct sunlight then the only thing to be worried about is the elastic bands.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2020, 11:52:14 AM »
We've just shot past 200k infected.

I'm pretty sure China's numbers are total bullshit.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #869 on: April 01, 2020, 12:00:00 PM »
We've just shot past 200k infected.

I'm pretty sure China's numbers are total bullshit.

I believe China was recently busted for not including asymptomatic cases which probably comprises the bulk of cases

They are trying to open back up for business. Bullshitting is a good way to do that

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place