nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #720 on: March 26, 2020, 10:12:43 AM »
Boom!  We've officially passed Italy in infection!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #721 on: March 26, 2020, 10:17:41 AM »
FOX News ghouls gleeful about the rise in cases in blue states https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1243004099206893583?s=20

Who will they blame when the shit hits the fan in the red states?

"Here's another interesting comparison. Yesterday, detected cases increased by 31% in Trump states as compared to 21% in Clinton states." https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1242990913909141506?s=20

THANKS OBAMA!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #722 on: March 26, 2020, 10:24:57 AM »
If they're looking at it through a partisan lens like that it's kind of a wash.  It affects cities more, which are liberal.  But it also affects the elderly more, who are conservative.

Cities get hit harder but they have all of the medical resources.  So if you get it in a small town then you're in a difficult situation.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2020, 10:48:06 AM »
America is the only country in the whole world that politicizes the corone. Literally NO other country is doing this in the extent that the us is doing it.
And I think everyone outside america thinks it's absolutely pathetic. Not even a deadly virus is enough to get democrats and republicans working together. Like wtf.

They should (at least for this one time) get their shit together and actually work & care for their citizen.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #724 on: March 26, 2020, 02:12:39 PM »
And just like that we are #1 for coronavirus infections in the world!

#MAGA!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #725 on: March 26, 2020, 02:19:55 PM »
AMERICA FIRST

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #726 on: March 26, 2020, 02:22:45 PM »
And just like that we are #1 for coronavirus infections in the world!

#MAGA!

Now you gotta work on getting number 1 for deaths! ??? :o

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #727 on: March 26, 2020, 02:26:11 PM »
It's going to be tough to top Italy for that.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #728 on: March 26, 2020, 02:29:27 PM »
Only a question of time.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #729 on: March 26, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
It's going to be tough to top Italy for that.

I think Trump is working on a plan. Expect it to be put in motion by Easter

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #730 on: March 26, 2020, 02:52:03 PM »
Boom!  We've officially passed Italy in infection!

You know, I was thinking about this, and we are lagging way behind in per capita infections. But I believe in America, and I know we can do this. We have 5x the population. Certainly we can get 5x the infections. Maybe even more!

On a more serious note, my state's governor issued a Stay-at-Home order today, and extended remote learning for schools until at least May 4 while in the same breath saying be prepared for that to get extended again.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #731 on: March 26, 2020, 03:06:42 PM »
Some counties in my state have a stay at home order.  Not mine yet.  I'm sure it's coming though.  So far we officially have 400 infections.  However like anywhere else in our country it's nearly impossible to get a test unless you're hospitalized or a celebrity.

From all of the hockey stick graphs I see I suspect the true number is so high that going to the supermarket is probably a risk.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #732 on: March 26, 2020, 04:37:27 PM »
PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in COVID-19 Pandemic – UPDATED!!!

IMPORTANT EDIT FROM NIH DATA:  COVID-19 LIVES ON CARDBOARD FOR 1 DAY.  SEE SOURCES BELOW.

This is the most current video for New CDC data, safe takeout food practices, and an updated practice for safe grocery shopping/handling.

Shit. This is a lot.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #733 on: March 26, 2020, 05:01:24 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/03/26/cruise-line-bailout/

Well this is interesting.  Cruise lines might not get the bailout because they're technically not US companies.  Maybe we should exclude any company that doesn't have a headquarters in the US.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #734 on: March 26, 2020, 06:12:51 PM »
PSA Safe Grocery Shopping in COVID-19 Pandemic – UPDATED!!!

IMPORTANT EDIT FROM NIH DATA:  COVID-19 LIVES ON CARDBOARD FOR 1 DAY.  SEE SOURCES BELOW.

This is the most current video for New CDC data, safe takeout food practices, and an updated practice for safe grocery shopping/handling.

And we have compulsory voting and local government elections with cardboard voting booths ??? tomorrow - go figure!

We and many others used postal voting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #735 on: March 26, 2020, 06:32:48 PM »
I watched that video and it made me feel worse about everything. My mother is in her 70s, I'm in my 50s, there's no one to shop for us, so we'll have to risk it. People have bought up all the disinfectant spray, but my brother found a half gallon of bleach in Sarasota and brought it here. I guess I could mix a couple table spoons of bleach in some water and spray everything before I bring it in. Fortunately I always cook so I didn't have to buy every basic thing and I have enough for a couple weeks, but how bad will this shit be in a couple weeks? Now I understand why people buy 500 rolls of toilet paper.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #736 on: March 26, 2020, 06:59:15 PM »
I watched that video and it made me feel worse about everything. My mother is in her 70s, I'm in my 50s, there's no one to shop for us, so we'll have to risk it. People have bought up all the disinfectant spray, but my brother found a half gallon of bleach in Sarasota and brought it here. I guess I could mix a couple table spoons of bleach in some water and spray everything before I bring it in. Fortunately I always cook so I didn't have to buy every basic thing and I have enough for a couple weeks, but how bad will this shit be in a couple weeks? Now I understand why people buy 500 rolls of toilet paper.
Don't ask but I've got a decade on your mother and my children must be about your age and they've all offered to shop for us even though they live 20 or 30 km away.
Luckily there's no signs (touch wood!) of any cases in this whole city yet, south of Brisbane.

The big worry is that I'm sure the number of confirmed cases is a huge underestimate of the real number infected because so far there have not been enough test-kits to test even those with symptoms if they haven't direct contact with someone from overseas.

Hopefully, that will change with somewhere over a million rapid (15 minute) test kits being available in a week or so.

As of now in Australia: Coronavirus Cases 3,050, Deaths 13 and Recovered: 170.
Of those 26 people have been admitted to ICU so some casualties might be expected there.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #737 on: March 26, 2020, 07:06:39 PM »
There have been two cases in my county so far, but not near where I live. Most Florida cases are in the south, but it won't take much for the state to blow up like Italy. The governor doesn't want to shut everything down yet and I don't think too many are taking it seriously enough. The old people are taking it seriously, but that's not going to do any good if the younger ones don't.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #738 on: March 26, 2020, 08:43:23 PM »
There have been two cases in my county so far, but not near where I live. Most Florida cases are in the south, but it won't take much for the state to blow up like Italy. The governor doesn't want to shut everything down yet and I don't think too many are taking it seriously enough. The old people are taking it seriously, but that's not going to do any good if the younger ones don't.
We still get reports like this:
Quote from: Jeremy Pierce, Dan Knowles, Patrick Billings, Matty Holdsworth, The Courier-Mail
March 27, 2020 12:32pm
Queensland Health issues self isolate order after surf club staff and guests exposed to confirmed case
Polls which show a correlation between a decrease in age and an increase in the belief that the government has overreacted to the coronavirus.
SUNSHINE Beach Surf Club has issued a statement after 80 wedding guests and staff were exposed to a person who has since tested positive to coronavirus.

On Wednesday afternoon, Queensland Health contacted the club as to a possible “low-level risk” to patrons who attended the club on March 14 and 15.
The department sought information from the club regarding the layout of the venue, walls, dividers and bathrooms.

Large group gathers outside restaurant despite warning.
The above was before the stricter rules came in but common sense seem very uncommon these days.

Oscar Wilde wrote, "I am not young enough to know everything" but apparently these young people think are "young enough to know everything"!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #739 on: March 26, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »
You're supposed to wash your vegetables with soap now too. Think I'll just buy frozen.

It's simply not safe to buy fresh fruit and vegetables. How many hundreds of people walk past them talking or coughing? No thanks

My mum and her partner don't see anyone anymore. He had his spleen removed ages ago. She's in her 60s

Take care rab.... If we lost you, who would I goad?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #740 on: March 26, 2020, 09:09:59 PM »
So glad to be useful.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #741 on: March 27, 2020, 01:42:20 AM »
First 2 South Africans have just died. 20 Days after it was confirmed in RSA.
28 and 46 year old, both woman, one in private medical care, and one in state hospital care.
This is symbolic, its not just old or poor that it kills. Young and rich are gonna be hammered all the same.

Stay safe, Stay at home.

Learn a skill.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #742 on: March 27, 2020, 01:45:01 AM »
You're supposed to wash your vegetables with soap now too. Think I'll just buy frozen.

It's simply not safe to buy fresh fruit and vegetables. How many hundreds of people walk past them talking or coughing? No thanks

My mum and her partner don't see anyone anymore. He had his spleen removed ages ago. She's in her 60s

I think freezing doesn't kill the corone.
But buying frozen products might still be save since it was packed before the disease spread and likely the virus doesn't survive more than a few days on a surface.

Edit:
The corone can survive freezing, and apparently stays alive in a refrigerator for around 3 days. Cooking (70+ celsius) will kill sars cov 2. Other coronaviruses can survive at -20°C for two years, I think it's not known exactely for sars cov 2.
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situation-reports/20200221-sitrep-32-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=4802d089_2

So, if you wanna be safe, cook your veggies.

Member of the BOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #743 on: March 27, 2020, 02:40:14 AM »
First 2 South Africans have just died. 20 Days after it was confirmed in RSA.
28 and 46 year old, both woman, one in private medical care, and one in state hospital care.
This is symbolic, its not just old or poor that it kills. Young and rich are gonna be hammered all the same.

Stay safe, Stay at home.

Learn a skill.
I posted this elsewhere but it seems appropriate here:

Yes, we're going home because that's the best thing to do right now :'(.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #744 on: March 27, 2020, 04:27:48 AM »
Boris Johnson has just tested positive for covid-19.....

Know your place

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:07:28 AM by JerkFace »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #746 on: March 27, 2020, 05:21:19 AM »
Is he in a risk group? How old is the guy?

Member of the BOTD

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #747 on: March 27, 2020, 08:51:00 AM »
Yesterday that video I posted freaked me out, but today I read this thread by Don Schaffner and I feel much better. He's a food microbiologist at Rutgers University. https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1243319180851580929.html  It's easier to read twitter threads on this app, it puts them all together in order (if you were wondering, which you probably weren't)

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #748 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:05 AM »
Boris Johnson tested positive for Coronavirus.   

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52060791?at_custom4=D633E736-701C-11EA-ADDB-70F139982C1E&at_custom2=twitter&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=%40BBCBreaking&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D

Looks like I cross posted with Shifter.

His Secretary of health also tested positive.  They have likely been under the influence of the virus this entire time which would explain why he ignored it at first!

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #749 on: March 27, 2020, 10:16:29 AM »
What if trump isn't actually a retard, but was under the influence of the corone for years, until the virus finally jumped over to another human being?

Member of the BOTD