nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #540 on: March 19, 2020, 03:55:06 AM »
https://healthweather.us

Hope your doing OK Space Cowgirl.... Florida looks sickly on this map

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #541 on: March 19, 2020, 06:33:09 AM »
Yeah, the spring break retarts are down here spreading their germs, plus there's always a lot of travel between NY and Miami so that's why south Florida is bad.

I read in the paper this morning that a second congressman has tested positive. I think it was a senator but I can't remember.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #542 on: March 19, 2020, 06:34:03 AM »
Oh don't worry, they won't test enough so you won't see 90k cases that soon.

This is true.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #543 on: March 19, 2020, 12:43:44 PM »
Italy has now passed China on coronavirus deaths.  Italy has a population of 60 million.  China has 20 times as much.

Either China has done spectacularly well controlling this or Italy has completely fucked up.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #544 on: March 19, 2020, 12:49:27 PM »
China is a huge country, with a more spread out population outside the cities. They trapped people in their villages with roadblocks. Maybe that helped them get control of it faster, plus they are communist and the people do what they're told.  I imagine Florida will be like Italy. We'll let it destroy us before closing down tourism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #545 on: March 19, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
Here is the best/most recent guideline for corona treatement and prevention from the chinese doctors:
https://video-intl.alicdn.com/Handbook%20of%20COVID-19%20Prevention%20and%20Treatment.pdf

I think my country is far away from this, especially in prevention.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

« Reply #546 on: March 19, 2020, 02:06:58 PM »
Italy has now passed China on coronavirus deaths.  Italy has a population of 60 million.  China has 20 times as much.

Either China has done spectacularly well controlling this or Italy has completely fucked up.
Demographics and habits probably play a large part.  You have the second oldest population on the planet where old people actually mix with younger people  - families often have grandparents in the house.  In commuter towns and rural ares the younger ones commute to Milan, probably infecting themselves, then bring home to grandpapa and grandmama.   A recipe for disaster with this virus.

We have an old population in the UK, but fortunately we shovel them all into care homes.  Which is of course for their own good, rather than to free up the spare bedroom.  ::)
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #547 on: March 19, 2020, 03:04:10 PM »

So looking at the logarithmic scale for the USA, it shows that the USA is multiplying its case amount by 10x every 7-8 or so days. I wonder if this is going to keep going for another week, because if it does there will be about 90 000 cases by next week. Adding about 22 000 people on just that day.

This is what a simple projection looks like for this month at the current (average) growth rate.

Or if you prefer graphs

This is not a prediction, this is just extrapolation.

So lets see where we are by the month end.
I think we should see a slow down before the end of the month, but 10x more cases by end of next week is reasonable.

Interesting factoid to go along with this. There are, apparently, tons of tests in backlog that are supposed to be checked in the coming days, so in a 48 hour period we could see a dramatic increase in confirmed cases. It'll hopefully be a very short-lived acceleration while they work through the backlog, but it's going to impact our number of confirmed cases significantly.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #548 on: March 19, 2020, 03:13:03 PM »
We've completely botched the testing.  When we finally get it together I'm sure there'll be a big uptick in cases. 

At the same time we've only recently started to take this seriously.  So we're about to get some very weird data.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #549 on: March 19, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »
The hospital nearby has set up tents. I can't imagine being sick in Florida and have to stay in a tent. It's already nearly 90 degrees every afternoon.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #550 on: March 19, 2020, 05:43:34 PM »
Twitter is all atwitter about Senator Richard Burr pretending to be unconcerned about coronavirus back in February while quietly selling off $1.6 million in stock.

I should have linked the article, here it is https://www.propublica.org/article/senator-dumped-up-to-1-6-million-of-stock-after-reassuring-public-about-coronavirus-preparedness
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 05:55:43 PM by Space Cowgirl »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #551 on: March 19, 2020, 06:35:07 PM »
Just did a shopping run and got the last of the couscous.

We need to release our strategic couscous reserves!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #552 on: March 19, 2020, 06:43:01 PM »
You will have to learn to grow your own couscous!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #553 on: March 19, 2020, 09:17:29 PM »
Supermarkets around here are starting to replenish stocks,  a few days ago there was no eggs, meat, potatoes,  long life milk and pasta were all gone.   Last time I looked most of those were back in stock, but they were applying limits on how many you could buy. 

Sadly the couscous situation remains dire and no hope for this season's couscous crop.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #554 on: March 19, 2020, 09:24:08 PM »
Twitter is all atwitter about Senator Richard Burr pretending to be unconcerned about coronavirus back in February while quietly selling off $1.6 million in stock.

I should have linked the article, here it is https://www.propublica.org/article/senator-dumped-up-to-1-6-million-of-stock-after-reassuring-public-about-coronavirus-preparedness

AOC is on the case..   https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/aoc-calls-senate-intel-chair-richard-burr-resign-stock-selloff-n1164401
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #555 on: March 19, 2020, 10:36:01 PM »

AOC is on the case..   https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/aoc-calls-senate-intel-chair-richard-burr-resign-stock-selloff-n1164401

It's beyond unethical.  This is probably very illegal.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act.

Sadly with everything going on this is probably going to slide.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #556 on: March 20, 2020, 12:15:48 AM »
We have a veggie garden that can keep us having greens nearly indefinitely.
Did not think much of it until yesterday, but turns out I have been planning this for years.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #557 on: March 20, 2020, 12:49:26 AM »
That's a good thing to have in an apocalypse.  I don't have that personally I've always wondered why the strong taboo against cannibalism?

So we both have our ways to survive in the new world.  We'll let the historians decide which way is more ethical.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #558 on: March 20, 2020, 01:19:08 AM »
That's a good thing to have in an apocalypse.  I don't have that personally I've always wondered why the strong taboo against cannibalism?

So we both have our ways to survive in the new world.  We'll let the historians decide which way is more ethical.
Well, cannibalism does have another disadvantage that you catch a bad case of prions disease, and who knows what else.
I think one of us will be part of history before the other
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #559 on: March 20, 2020, 02:37:24 AM »

It's beyond unethical.  This is probably very illegal.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STOCK_Act.

Sadly with everything going on this is probably going to slide.
Probably for now.  But when the pandemic comes to an end and the economy is in tatters then there may well be mobs with pitchforks out there.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #560 on: March 20, 2020, 04:46:43 AM »
RIP 36 year old Aussie in Iceland from this virus.

Even the young don't necessarily survive it

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #561 on: March 20, 2020, 04:51:43 AM »
Finns aren't being as obedient as they are supposed to be, lots are still going on ski holidays which means gathering in groups larger than 10 and thousands went to the opening on a new shopping centre. Idiots. My local facebook group is full of people moaning about old people being out and about.

Mum is getting better but now dad has a fever. She said she didn't really have a cough though so hopefully its not it.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #562 on: March 20, 2020, 07:04:10 AM »
Finns aren't being as obedient as they are supposed to be, lots are still going on ski holidays which means gathering in groups larger than 10 and thousands went to the opening on a new shopping centre. Idiots. My local facebook group is full of people moaning about old people being out and about.

Mum is getting better but now dad has a fever. She said she didn't really have a cough though so hopefully its not it.

That is really good news. Hopefully it was just a normal sickness! She probably would have been much sicker if it was coronavirus.

« Reply #563 on: March 20, 2020, 07:22:17 AM »

That is really good news. Hopefully it was just a normal sickness! She probably would have been much sicker if it was coronavirus.
Not necessarily.   Even older people can just end up with mild symptoms.  If she didn't have a cough it seems unlikely though.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #564 on: March 20, 2020, 07:27:38 AM »

You should kinda hope it was sars coronavirus 2 because then she'd most likely be immune now.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #565 on: March 20, 2020, 08:15:15 AM »

Well, cannibalism does have another disadvantage that you catch a bad case of prions disease, and who knows what else.
I think one of us will be part of history before the other

See that's where you're wrong.  I've stocked up on Alex Jones' anticoronavirus toothpaste which I'm confident is equally effective at fighting off prions disease.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #566 on: March 20, 2020, 08:21:00 AM »

This is not a doctored image.

The low level racism and divisiveness of this aren't really what bothers me about this.  It's that during a serious crisis he refuses to stop doing this sort of "i have the biggest inauguration crowd" type nonsense.  These news conferences he gives are terrible.  He has to talk for some reason.  And he's just wrong about most of the things he says.  Then there's his experts but I can't entirely trust them either because he's probably threaten to fire any expert that disagrees with him.

The highest authority that's trustworthy in this country is probably the state government now.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #567 on: March 20, 2020, 08:24:09 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/20/sen-richard-burr-requests-ethics-probe-into-his-stock-sales-138768

Oh okay.  I feel much better now.  Burr has asked the republican controlled senate to see if what he did was wrong.  I'm sure they'll do the right thing.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #568 on: March 20, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »
Richard Burr: Probe me, pls!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #569 on: March 20, 2020, 11:12:35 AM »
https://www.caracalreports.com/four-senators-sell-stocks-before-market-crashes-after-private-coronavirus-briefing/

Senator Kelly Loeffler looks incredibly guilty of insider trading, too. Inhofe and Feinstein not as much.