nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7722 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #450 on: March 16, 2020, 03:37:13 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/traders-await-futures-open-after-fed-cuts-rates-launches-easing-program.html

And just like that all of Trump's gains in the stock market have been vaporized.

Help us Australia!  We need you now more than ever!

We're here to save the world! (again)

The only opponent of Brisbane scientists are Melbourne scientists. Your doctors racing each other. Either they are flying doctors or f'lying doctors? :Pp
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #451 on: March 16, 2020, 04:09:41 PM »
Australia again?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/melbourne-scientists-make-major-coronavirus-breakthrough/news-story/7bc7d9ebd54ef4dfa0aa4483855c3669

Just sit tight everyone. We got this  8)

I don't understand why the internet isn't blowing up with all this new information coming out of Australia today.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #452 on: March 16, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
For those that still peddle that this is not much different than the flu (cough NSS cough)

Lets do a mini simulation of 10 active forum members and give the covid-19 to each of them

John Davis
Space Cowgirl
boydster
crouton
Bom Tishop
Lorddave
wise
Pezevenk
Shifter
rabinoz

Ok. Each one of us gets infected  8)

8 of us will have symptoms ranging from a mild to a bad 'cold'
1 of us will require a stay in hospital. Provided the hospital is not over capacity, we should recover in a few weeks
rabinoz is dead  :o >:D

That is the reality. And before we all recover we will likely pass on the virus to at least 2-3 others.

That's wrong though. That's a 10% mortality rate. In reality it seems to be 1-5%, depending on the region.

Rabinoz already has one foot in the grave due to his advanced years and poor health from his sedentary existence just sitting at the computer to yell on the forums. If he gets covid-19 he's done for. If he gets the seasonal flu I doubt that would put the old codger down 8)
Only one way to find out.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #453 on: March 16, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »
Wise's simulation is inaccurate. John Davis will never catch the virus because he's in a secure holding facility under solitary confinement.

I knew those underground secret bunkers would come in handy one day.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #455 on: March 16, 2020, 08:19:57 PM »
Australia again?

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/melbourne-scientists-make-major-coronavirus-breakthrough/news-story/7bc7d9ebd54ef4dfa0aa4483855c3669

And a bit more hope from Brisbane:
      ‘Cure’ found for coronavirus in Australia
      CURE HOPES: Two existing drugs could ‘cure’ coronavirus as patients respond well to treatment.
Anti-viral drugs may offer that best hope in the short term especially as these are existing ones that have already been tested for safety on people.
Vaccines will take longer to develop and test for safety because we don't want a poor vaccine that causes this or some similar disease.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #456 on: March 16, 2020, 10:11:58 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/man-allegedly-stabbed-in-woolies-in-victorias-mornington-peninsula/news-story/4817e2e2bec6798855857ac048937e3f

Employees getting stabbed now?

Do we deserve to come out of this?

Glad we don't have guns. Watch out America.... Society is being torn apart and it's fragility exposed and almost everyone of you walks around with a loaded gun

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #457 on: March 16, 2020, 10:57:30 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/man-allegedly-stabbed-in-woolies-in-victorias-mornington-peninsula/news-story/4817e2e2bec6798855857ac048937e3f

Glad we don't have guns. Watch out America.... Society is being torn apart and it's fragility exposed and almost everyone of you walks around with a loaded gun

It rings the bell NAZIs behind this. A person with sanity does not do such a thing. but someone who enjoys harming other people can plan it. maybe the americans and the germans are struggling. nazi germany decided this. The Nazis who run the USA are trying to buy the company because they know this. USA and Germany conflict is compatible with NASA scenario.

All hints show that NAZIs are behind the coronavirus, whether or not related Germany or USA.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #458 on: March 16, 2020, 11:05:08 PM »

And they're getting stocked up on more arms:
Coronavirus outbreak: US sales of guns and ammunition soar amid coronavirus panic buying.

I'm waiting for the Great Toilet Paper Heist :o! Maybe Einstein was right:

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #459 on: March 16, 2020, 11:43:09 PM »

Coronavirus outbreak: US sales of guns and ammunition soar amid coronavirus panic buying.

You already missed it lol

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-51527043

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #460 on: March 17, 2020, 12:31:05 AM »
I still dont know why people are hoarding Toilet paper.
There is a set amount of Toilet paper that people are using with or without the virus.
There is a set amount of Toilet paper that is being produced with or without the virus. (Not all factories are going to close for every long)

At some point, (soon) the stores will all be re-stocked, and there will be fewer people needing toilet paper.

People really are shitting themselves over this
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #461 on: March 17, 2020, 12:32:03 AM »
Australia again?

Wow, so you australiens just discovered that the body fights infections with antibodies?
That's great, now you're only like 100 years behind other first world countries!
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #462 on: March 17, 2020, 12:34:53 AM »
Australia again?

And a bit more hope from Brisbane:
      ‘Cure’ found for coronavirus in Australia
      CURE HOPES: Two existing drugs could ‘cure’ coronavirus as patients respond well to treatment.
Anti-viral drugs may offer that best hope in the short term especially as these are existing ones that have already been tested for safety on people.
Vaccines will take longer to develop and test for safety because we don't want a poor vaccine that causes this or some similar disease.
Seriously, chloroquin and some anitvirals have been used successfully by the chinese since weeks, probably even months. This is absolutely not news, just the australians re-testing/confirming what the chinese told them.

Edit it's also not really a cure it just helps to lower viral load thus kinda helping the body to fight the infection and lessen symptoms. Its not like you can take this pill and then are fine.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 12:36:43 AM by Definitely Not Swedish »

Member of the BOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #463 on: March 17, 2020, 01:31:13 AM »

You already missed it lol

www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-51527043
So we have already had the Minor Toilet Paper Heist and now for the big one!

If only the coronavirus could "cull the herd" of types like that but I doubt virii are smart enough to know the difference.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #464 on: March 17, 2020, 01:33:32 AM »
Australia again?

Wow, so you australiens just discovered that the body fights infections with antibodies?
That's great, now you're only like 100 years behind other first world countries!

So the Swedish researchers know the antibody mechanisms involved and have a vaccine ready?   Wonderful news....   

Oh, you were just being a know-it-all asshole,  then STFU.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #465 on: March 17, 2020, 01:37:11 AM »
So the Swedish researchers know the antibody mechanisms involved and have a vaccine ready?
Neither do the australian researchers.
The article literally had no new information, just what everyone knows since dozens of years.

Member of the BOTD

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #466 on: March 17, 2020, 01:54:13 AM »
So the Swedish researchers know the antibody mechanisms involved and have a vaccine ready?
The article literally had no new information, just what everyone knows since dozens of years.

So, you missed the following key sentence? 

" the first time the Doherty team has been able to map in detail the way a patient’s immune system responded to COVID-19, revealing the weapons it used to overcome the new killer"

Here are the details.  https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0819-2
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 01:57:43 AM by JerkFace »

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #467 on: March 17, 2020, 01:57:02 AM »

" the first time the Doherty team has been able to map in detail the way a patient’s immune system responded to COVID-19, revealing the weapons it used to overcome the new killer"
And all the detail mentioned was, that the immune system uses antibodies to fight covid...

Member of the BOTD

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #468 on: March 17, 2020, 02:02:50 AM »

And all the detail mentioned was, that the immune system uses antibodies to fight covid...

You still never read the paper in Nature Medicine?   That's a bit sloppy on your behalf,  do you always display such arrogant ignorance?

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #469 on: March 17, 2020, 02:31:00 AM »
do you always display such arrogant ignorance?

You forgot to ask if fire was hot or the sky blue.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #470 on: March 17, 2020, 02:42:37 AM »
You still never read the paper in Nature Medicine?   That's a bit sloppy on your behalf,  do you always display such arrogant ignorance?
Then post the link to the actual paper, instead of a trash news article? If someone posts a useless link, I'm going to call it out. Deal with it.

Member of the BOTD

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #471 on: March 17, 2020, 02:58:30 AM »
Then post the link to the actual paper, instead of a trash news article? If someone posts a useless link, I'm going to call it out. Deal with it.

I already did.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #472 on: March 17, 2020, 03:08:52 AM »

I already did.
Where? I didn't see it.

Member of the BOTD

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #473 on: March 17, 2020, 03:18:19 AM »

I already did.
Where? I didn't see it.

You could have found it yourself, if your head wasn't so far up your ass.   Here it is again.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0819-2

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #474 on: March 17, 2020, 03:27:02 AM »

While the almost civilised world, hoard and scowl at anyone who sneezes, the US does its usual response to stuff;

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #475 on: March 17, 2020, 03:50:44 AM »
You could have found it yourself, if your head wasn't so far up your ass.   Here it is again.
Yes I could have, I probably also could have conducted this study myself.
Thing is, unlike you I don't have unlimited free time.

Member of the BOTD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #476 on: March 17, 2020, 05:36:28 AM »

While the almost civilised world, hoard and scowl at anyone who sneezes, the US does its usual response to stuff;

Would an M-16 or an AA 12 automatic shotgun be the most effective against an invading army of SARS-CoV-2 viruses?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #477 on: March 17, 2020, 05:43:22 AM »
Rookie question.

The answer, of course, is a flamethrower.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #478 on: March 17, 2020, 06:29:03 AM »
SARS-CoV-2 viruses
That's like saying 'HIV virus'.

Member of the BOTD

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #479 on: March 17, 2020, 06:29:29 AM »
Turkey is going to be leader with all his speed.

Past 3 days number of cases in Turkey: 6 - 18 -48

Do you see the energy? We have just two weeks to correct something. Less time than even Italy and USA have.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1