nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2020, 01:17:21 PM »
https://www.news.com.au/national/toilet-paper-is-quite-precious-at-the-moment-half-of-loo-roll-load-saved-after-truck-catches-fire/news-story/4ff1230321e25a100231518dbee87312

This shouldn't be related to the corona virus. Or even be funny. But it is

I can't help but laugh as a truck carrying toilet paper catches fire. Australia must be crying and losing their minds right now lol!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2020, 01:54:25 PM »
... Until we know, its a dangerous thing to ignore. ...

Which is why we need to support science, to develop a vaccine. But there's not much else ordinary people can do other than wash your hands. And of course, get your flu shot because that's about a million times more likely to kill you than covid19 is.

Someone was talking about being in Asia, Hong Kong, I think, and seeing people wearing face masks and pushing the mask aside to smoke their cigarettes. Cigarettes will kill you. Worrying about coronavirus if you smoke is like worrying about sunburn as you jump off a 100-foot cliff onto jagged rocks.

Support science. Wash your hands. Get all your vaccinations. If the world ends because of covid19 there's nothing we can do about it, so might as well just take the reasonable precautions and live your life.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2020, 02:16:50 PM »
Looks like the death rate moved to 3.4%.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2020, 02:51:05 PM »
I think smokers should take this very seriously. Their respiratory system is already dealing with a lot. So. Yeah. Worrying about coronavirus if you smoke makes a lot of sense. Unless you just don't value someone's life because they find themselves addicted to smoking.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2020, 03:13:04 PM »
Looks like the death rate moved to 3.4%.

Shit, that is bad.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2020, 03:30:15 PM »
I think smokers should take this very seriously. Their respiratory system is already dealing with a lot. So. Yeah. Worrying about coronavirus if you smoke makes a lot of sense. Unless you just don't value someone's life because they find themselves addicted to smoking.

No. Just that they're several thousand times more likely to die of plain smoking than to die of coronavirus exacerbated by smoking.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2020, 03:58:26 PM »

No. Just that they're several thousand times more likely to die of plain smoking than to die of coronavirus exacerbated by smoking.
That's especially true when they aren't exposed to coronavirus to begin with. You know, by taking reasonable precautions so as to minimize their potential for exposure. Which means actually taking the situation seriously, and not dismissing it as "no big deal."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2020, 05:13:59 PM »
https://cspinet.org/news/cspi-urges-fda-enforcement-action-televangelist-jim-bakkers-fake-coronavirus-cure-20200218

Televangelist Jim Bakker is using his show to advance the claim that the Silver Solution dietary supplement products available in his online store can now cure the coronavirus “within 12 hours.” The preacher previously claimed the same product cures “all venereal diseases” and HIV.

A miracle cure!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2020, 05:20:24 PM »
https://cspinet.org/news/cspi-urges-fda-enforcement-action-televangelist-jim-bakkers-fake-coronavirus-cure-20200218

Televangelist Jim Bakker is using his show to advance the claim that the Silver Solution dietary supplement products available in his online store can now cure the coronavirus “within 12 hours.” The preacher previously claimed the same product cures “all venereal diseases” and HIV.

A miracle cure!

I hope he turns into a Smurf. What an idiot

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2020, 05:22:05 PM »
Why does the government want to take away our miracle cure!

Oh well.  I guess I'll have to go back to drinking bleach.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2020, 05:26:57 PM »

Bleach should work too. That kills everything. Just pour some over a hideous infected Petri dish to see the proof. Kills any germ in a matter of seconds!

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2020, 05:53:06 PM »

Quite effective too, I gather! Death cures all known diseases.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2020, 05:54:51 PM »

Quite effective too, I gather! Death cures all known diseases.

Then go touch a person who's died from Ebola. Go on! I wont stop you  :P

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »
This is a cause for concern in Australia:
Quote from: Ben Graham and Alle McMahon, News.com.au
Second coronavirus death confirmed as six more test positive in NSW
He said there is an “evolution” happening in the spread of coronavirus around the world.
While there had been “no substantial change” overnight, seven of the states infections appeared to have been “on-soil,” he said. There are currently 22 infections in the state.

His comments come after a 95-year-old woman became the second person to die from the coronavirus in Australia, with seven more cases confirmed nationally.
The woman was a resident at the Dorothy Henderson Lodge nursing home facility at Macquarie Park, where a 50-year-old worker was diagnosed with the virus earlier this week, NSW Health confirmed in a statement. The woman died in hospital on Tuesday.

The employee worked with 13 residents at the lodge. An 82-year-old man is now being treated in hospital for the virus, while a third resident aged in her 70s was also diagnosed on Wednesday.
The cause for concern is that, to date, there seems to have been no contact with anyone from overseas.

This seems to imply that someone in the community is unknowingly spreading the virus.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2020, 06:01:34 PM »
He said there is an “evolution” happening in the spread of coronavirus around the world.
While there had been “no substantial change” overnight, seven of the states infections appeared to have been “on-soil,” he said. There are currently 22 infections in the state.

His comments come after a 95-year-old woman became the second person to die from the coronavirus in Australia, with seven more cases confirmed nationally.
The woman was a resident at the Dorothy Henderson Lodge nursing home facility at Macquarie Park, where a 50-year-old worker was diagnosed with the virus earlier this week, NSW Health confirmed in a statement. The woman died in hospital on Tuesday.

The employee worked with 13 residents at the lodge. An 82-year-old man is now being treated in hospital for the virus, while a third resident aged in her 70s was also diagnosed on Wednesday.
The cause for concern is that, to date, there seems to have been no contact with anyone from overseas.

This seems to imply that someone in the community is unknowingly spreading the virus.

I hope you stocked up on dunny paper!

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2020, 06:06:33 PM »
Perhaps America will finally embrace the bidet.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #226 on: March 04, 2020, 06:09:23 PM »
Perhaps America will finally embrace the bidet.

About time we all did. How many trees are logged to wipe our collective arses?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #227 on: March 04, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »

That or he's patient 0.

I'm assuming covid 19 works by vampire rules.  So all we have to do is eliminate this guy and the disease is gone.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #228 on: March 04, 2020, 07:25:30 PM »

That or he's patient 0.

I'm assuming covid 19 works by vampire rules.  So all we have to do is eliminate this guy and the disease is gone.
We don't just "eliminate this guy" in Australian but we do isolate such people. Though that doctor is known to have been close contact with others at a conference apart from  casual contacts.

The woman that died was the 2nd in Australia but other cases had known links to overseas, including China and Iran.

The extra concern in this case is there are no know links to people from overseas.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #230 on: March 05, 2020, 02:36:23 AM »

I think i might get away from it all until it's all over and go on a cruise.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2020, 03:08:59 AM »
I think i might get away from it all until it's all over and go on a cruise.

Go and make sand castles with your girlfriends you little girl.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #232 on: March 05, 2020, 03:32:33 AM »

I think i might get away from it all until it's all over and go on a cruise :o.
You might get an extended "cruise" on a Princess Cruise Ship :(:
Quote from: Jim Carlton, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
Another Princess Cruise Ship Is Caught Up in Coronavirus OutbreakSAN FRANCISCO—Another Carnival Corp. cruise ship has become embroiled in an outbreak of Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus—this time in a West Coast-based liner called the Grand Princess where health officials say at least one former passenger has died after a recent cruise.

The ship, on a two-week voyage to Hawaii with a stop in Mexico, has been ordered to return to port in San Francisco. The vessel has a capacity of 2,600 guests and 1,150 crew.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #233 on: March 05, 2020, 06:06:20 AM »
Dammit. It's in RSA. Silly Italians are getting it everywhere
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #234 on: March 05, 2020, 06:18:44 AM »
How are businesses going to survive?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #235 on: March 05, 2020, 06:55:02 AM »
Serious question. Why are all the shit hole countries in Africa skipping this? I'm seriously glad it's not here, but I'm looking for an excuse to buy ungodly amounts of spam.

Perhaps they've had a similar virus in the past which gives them some immunity. Like cowpox giving people immunity to smallpox.
Or, maybe their experience with ebola has taught them a lot about containing such outbreaks.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #236 on: March 05, 2020, 07:20:32 AM »

That's especially true when they aren't exposed to coronavirus to begin with. You know, by taking reasonable precautions so as to minimize their potential for exposure. Which means actually taking the situation seriously, and not dismissing it as "no big deal."

I've never said it was "no big deal." I've said the widespread panic is overblown. I've said take reasonable precautions and don't panic. And I've said to support science (something too many people here reject) in the development of a vaccine (something else that some people here reject.)

And I've commented on the absurdity of getting totally freaked out over something that's a relatively small risk while intentionally engaging in activities that are far more risky.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #237 on: March 05, 2020, 07:59:07 AM »
A part of me wants to catch this, take some long overdue time off work, most likely inevitably recover, and not have to worry about this shit anymore

Some old guy got arrested and taseted by police because he was fighting over some toilet paper in the shops

Seriously this panic is worse than the disease. FFS people need to pull themselves together

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #238 on: March 05, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »
obviously this is part of an experiment.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #239 on: March 05, 2020, 10:12:49 AM »
Serious question. Why are all the shit hole countries in Africa skipping this? I'm seriously glad it's not here, but I'm looking for an excuse to buy ungodly amounts of spam.

Perhaps they've had a similar virus in the past which gives them some immunity. Like cowpox giving people immunity to smallpox.
Or, maybe their experience with ebola has taught them a lot about containing such outbreaks.
People forget how big Africa is. I am further away from where the ebola cases where than Europe is.
Ebola was only in a few countries
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat