nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2020, 03:46:24 PM »
He's gonna have a press conference tonight, I think in about 15 minutes.

OH no, it had already started.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 04:11:46 PM by Space Cowgirl »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2020, 01:57:32 AM »
He won't appoint a Czar but he'll put Pence on it.

And he (Trump) was amazing at the early action and decisions he did.  At least according to Trump.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2020, 04:03:36 AM »
I've got to say that so far Trump has been very restrained about this.  He is failing to prepare for this.  But I find it odd that he's not taking this opportunity to declare a national emergency and hermetically seal the country.

Maybe he doesn't understand what an epidemic is.
He's meant to be a germaphobe, so might be downplaying it in public and locked in a bubble off camera.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Lorddave

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2020, 04:07:46 AM »
I've got to say that so far Trump has been very restrained about this.  He is failing to prepare for this.  But I find it odd that he's not taking this opportunity to declare a national emergency and hermetically seal the country.

Maybe he doesn't understand what an epidemic is.

Its because doing so implies he failed to stop it from entering and being a problem.

He is showing how great he is by proclaiming loudly "There is no problem because I solved it already."

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2020, 09:27:23 AM »
It really looks like this virus is gonna do the distance.
Wonder if we should place bets about how fast it runs through Africa? There is one tested case in Algeria, meaning probably a good thousand people have it in the continent now/
We have pretty much no chance here. Open borders, bad to no central health planning, communities that distrust authority, total recipe for disaster.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Yes

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2020, 10:50:33 AM »
I wonder if this will be the end of North Korea.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Lorddave

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2020, 11:07:06 AM »

Are you kidding?  North Korea is probably the most well protected country from this. 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2020, 11:42:26 AM »

Are you kidding?  North Korea is probably the most well protected country from this.

There are already rumblings it's inside North Korea. But even if North Korea had it, you'd wonder if they'd admit it.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2020, 05:10:05 PM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2020, 09:42:50 PM »
Dean Koontz predicted this 40 years ago. https://twitter.com/ScotlandsUnico1/status/1232815975810113543?s=20
I find coincidences like this extremely interesting.
But there are some ways to link the 40 year old prediction to the actual event.
For one Wuhan had China first Level 4 bio-hazard containment center. I think it was officially completed much more recently, but the university in Wuhan had been playing with all kinds of bio-nasties for quite sometime, quite probably well before the book was written.
The co-incidence would be that this outbreak was first detected in Wuhan, But it could easily have started outside of Wuhan, its just that Wuhan had the facilities to test for it. Which makes Wuhan a much more likely "epicenter" for first detection.
Its still interesting that the link was made. Very cool

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2020, 04:05:09 AM »
All this over a virus that has a kill rate of ?

Seems like most of you malthusians would be cheering on the virus, especially you breadcrumb...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2020, 04:21:21 AM »

Seems like most of you malthusians would be cheering on the virus, especially you breadcrumb...

If the mortality rate is 2%, for every million that are affected, 20,000 will die. If you could avoid that you should

But it's not just the fact almost everyone will live from it. The rate of hospitalizations are far more than that of something like influenza. It will clog the hospital system which could lead to people getting sicker than they should, end up with worse health outcomes or even die from unrelated causes thanks to a hospital that is overwhelmed.

Even if a country goes 'to hell with it, just let it do its thing' and ravage the population, the damage to the economy from people getting sick, taking time off work and even dying (if everyone in America caught it, several million would die) would be immeasurable. Certainly devastating.

So countries are right to try and curb its spread. At least until we have vaccines or other countermeasures to combat it

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2020, 04:30:01 AM »
Age, Sex, Existing Conditions of COVID-19 Cases and Deaths
It's not good news for older people.

Lorddave

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2020, 05:13:51 AM »
This means millions of Trump supporters could die.
Who would cheer him then?

Lorddave

« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2020, 11:09:03 AM »
Actually, with all the rallying Trump will do, he has a high risk of catching it.  And the highest risk if dying from it due to his age.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »
I can see the conspiracy theories now.

"Coronovirus is a liberal hoax to prevent Trump from hosting rallies!"
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Lorddave

« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2020, 11:15:44 AM »
I can see the conspiracy theories now.

"Coronovirus is a liberal hoax to prevent Trump from hosting rallies!"

Or, if he gets sick:

"Liberals use biological weapon, corona virus,  against Trump!"

« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2020, 11:31:04 AM »
Actually, with all the rallying Trump will do, he has a high risk of catching it.
Especially with all that spittle flying everywhere.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2020, 07:05:05 PM »
So I've been reading up on this here and there today and I have to say I don't get what the big deal is.

I find something like this https://alumni.berkeley.edu/california-magazine/just-in/2020-02-20/whats-big-deal-experts-unpack-coronavirus-outbreak
But they just allude to things they don't know about the virus.  Maybe China knows something we don't.  But as far as I can tell if I had the choice between the coronavirus and the flu I think I'm better off getting the coronavirus.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus-survival-rate
"unknowns"
https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html
"a lot of unknowns"
https://www.today.com/health/what-are-coronavirus-symptoms-t174824
"it's unknown"

WTF!?  We're all shitting ourselves over something more mild than the flu?  Is this thing the Kim Kardassian or diseases?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2020, 07:29:15 PM »
Don’t need to know that info, just need a welder.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »
So I've been reading up on this here and there today and I have to say I don't get what the big deal is.

I find something like this https://alumni.berkeley.edu/california-magazine/just-in/2020-02-20/whats-big-deal-experts-unpack-coronavirus-outbreak
But they just allude to things they don't know about the virus.  Maybe China knows something we don't.  But as far as I can tell if I had the choice between the coronavirus and the flu I think I'm better off getting the coronavirus.

"unknowns"
"a lot of unknowns"
"it's unknown"

WTF!?  We're all shitting ourselves over something more mild than the flu?  Is this thing the Kim Kardassian or diseases?
I'm not sure I'd call this milder than the flu. So far there are reports that it is more infectious than the flu by a wide margin. As of right now, the mortality rate is around 2%, low but higher than the 0.1% of the flu. This could end up seriously disrupting daily life if it spreads like it possibly could, but it'll be far short of a new plague level event.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2020, 08:41:17 PM »

"unknowns"
"a lot of unknowns"
"it's unknown"

I'm not sure I'd call this milder than the flu. So far there are reports that it is more infectious than the flu by a wide margin. As of right now, the mortality rate is around 2%, low but higher than the 0.1% of the flu. This could end up seriously disrupting daily life if it spreads like it possibly could, but it'll be far short of a new plague level event.

Not to mention, the flu makes you feel like crap and confined to bed but the corona virus is putting far more percentage of infected in hospital. A clogged hospital system will have greater implications beyond this virus alone.

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2020, 11:48:07 PM »

"unknowns"
"a lot of unknowns"
"it's unknown"

Okay.  The infectiousness is an important consideration.  Reading up on this more apparently the flu is not something that's usually airborne.  And they believe that the coronavirus might be airborne.

So if that's true I can see how this would be a big deal.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #143 on: February 29, 2020, 12:34:00 AM »
I dont know why people dont think this is a big deal.
If an Aircraft crashes and 200 people die every one shits themselves and they ground aircraft.
This virus is so far killing more than a 100 people a day, and all indications are that this is just the very beginning.

The death toll of this virus could be well over a million people before the end of this year, with some projections saying as much as 60 million people.

But almost as important; This is why I think this virus is important and we should pay attention to it.

- Currently the USA (and RSA) is in the middle of universal health care policy talks, If this becomes big, it will massively drive how those discussions pan out in 2020 and beyond. If you care about that discussion, you should pay attention

- The illegal animal trade in China is responsible for a lot of poaching in Africa, you guys may not care as much, but here, where I am from, this is a big issue. The coronavirus has clearly been linked to contaminated wild meat. China has now seemed to take notice, and may actually start doing something about this. There are a lot of species that are not just rhino that could be saved by this.

- The global economy is seeing its biggest crash since 2008 financial collapse. This is very much due to having concentrated so much production capability in one country. Once china stopped exporting certain products due to factory closures, other traders and producers in the world also needed to close. This may lead to a more distributed production and supply chain in the world, which is a very good thing.

So there are a lot of reasons why this virus matters, beyond the fact that it could kill millions of people.
It is testing the human race, allowing all of our systems to become more robust. Everything from Health to manufacturing is being effected by this.

Lorddave

« Reply #144 on: February 29, 2020, 12:37:20 AM »
Yeah.  Its basically a more infectious flu that mostly kills elderly people.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2020, 12:46:05 AM »
Now that I think about it more I can see what the real damage it's going to do is.  People staying home and not spending money because they're afraid to get sick.

The loss of life is almost insignificant compared to damage it'll do to the economy.  If it's an infectious as they say then it seems that it would most definitely cause another recession. 

About the only way out soon would be developing a vaccine.  But Trump's an antivaxxer so...

Lorddave

« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2020, 12:52:04 AM »
Now that I think about it more I can see what the real damage it's going to do is.  People staying home and not spending money because they're afraid to get sick.

The loss of life is almost insignificant compared to damage it'll do to the economy.  If it's an infectious as they say then it seems that it would most definitely cause another recession. 

About the only way out soon would be developing a vaccine.  But Trump's an antivaxxer so...

Oh its not just people not spending money, its the loss of employee work from them taking a week or two of sick time.

However, America has this tiny issue where the low skill, low wage jobs have no sick time and are so bad that no one in one can afford a day off.  Like retail and food services.  Ya know, the groups most likely to infect a massive amount of people.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2020, 12:53:15 AM »

Trump an antivaxxer? Good. Get an infected person to sneeze on his face. 2020 election problem solved

In all seriousness, I was going to go to Dalian this April for my annual leave. Not anymore! Of course I will go again, hopefully this virus has run its course or a vaccine developed by the end of the year but the delay in people spending in the meantime can have permanent implications. Think about all the shops that have to close in the hard hit regions. What are the people doing about an income? Earning money to pay rent? Life will return to normal but maybe not before many people may go completely broke and unable to pick up where they left off.

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2020, 12:55:04 AM »
Well if I were Trump I would immediately sign an executive order to put an obscene amount of money into developing a vaccine.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2020, 01:04:47 AM »
Well if I were Trump I would immediately sign an executive order to put an obscene amount of money into developing a vaccine.

Don't worry, Australia comes to the vaccine rescue again
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-22/coronavirus-vaccine-animal-testing-days-away-uq-researchers/11991456

America will just wait for other countries to break their backs doing the hard yards then swoop in as the 'saviour'  8)

Know your place