nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2020, 03:34:02 AM »
Don't feed the D1.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2020, 03:37:46 AM »

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 04:18:14 AM »
There is a third possibility, it was caused by a virus that was passed on from animals to humans.

This is a strong possibility.
Id say that its worth ignoring other possibilities until there is any real evidence that it was not from animals.
This is the official stance from not just China, but every major health organisation that is in the know.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 09:38:58 AM »
Don't feed the D1.
I'm skeptical it's him.  I don't think he can go 5 posts without mentioning the joos or some racial politics bullshit.  He just can't help it. 

Then again, not mentioning the Joos would be a great disguise.   :P

Let's see, if it is him there is only so long he can keep this up.  I already have an image of him like Dr Strangelove trying to control his impulses

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2020, 10:42:37 AM »
Skeptical or not, it was. For an “anon” he really doesn’t keep his identity very well protected.

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 02:05:44 AM »
Skeptical or not, it was. For an “anon” he really doesn’t keep his identity very well protected.
Ah, I see, fair enough.

He's doing very well then...so far.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 05:46:26 AM »
British scientist makes breakthrough in race for coronavirus vaccine: Sky News

Robin Shattock, head of mucosal infection and immunity at Imperial College London, said he is now at the stage to start testing the vaccine on animals as early as next week with human studies in the summer if enough funding is secured, Sky said.

“Conventional approaches usually take at least two to three years before you even get to the clinic,” he told Sky. “And we’ve gone from that sequence to generating a candidate in the laboratory in 14 days.”

The vaccine will be too late for this current outbreak but it will be crucial if there is another one, Sky said.

Reporting by Guy Faulconbridge, editing by Estelle Shirbon

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-britain-vaccine/british-scientist-makes-breakthrough-in-race-for-coronavirus-vaccine-sky-idUSKBN1ZZ13W

Which of us got surprised?  >:D

Vaxer: get vaccinated! get vaccinated! get vaccinated!
Antivaxer: Nahh! Nahh! Nahh! (nothing changed. Take your vaccine and get the hell out of my sunlight!) 
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2020, 09:24:06 AM »

Antivaxer: Nahh! Nahh! Nahh! (nothing changed. Take your vaccine and get the hell out of my sunlight!)
To be clear:  you don't think scientists should be working on vaccines for deadly diseases?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2020, 03:58:05 PM »
To be clear:  you don't think scientists should be working on vaccines for deadly diseases?
Wise thinks that smallpox, tuberculosis, influenza, measles, poliomyelitis, yellow fever etc should still be permitted to unnecessarily kill hundreds of millions worldwide.
Smallpox alone is estimated to have killed 300 to 500 million and polio has not only killed hundreds of thousands but left many more severely paralyzed.

But wise thinks he knows everything so would condemn these numbers to death - what sort of person would do that?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2020, 10:18:15 PM »

To be clear: I don't trust them. If Cuban or flat earther scientists work, I support them. Have you ever heard about Cuban scientists working hard on this subject? I did not hear. they are the only reliable medical scientists in the world. If they are not doing anything about it, so it is a deception.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2020, 12:17:40 AM »
Wise thinks that smallpox, tuberculosis, influenza, measles, poliomyelitis, yellow fever etc should still be permitted to unnecessarily kill hundreds of millions worldwide.
Smallpox alone is estimated to have killed 300 to 500 million and polio has not only killed hundreds of thousands but left many more severely paralyzed.

But wise thinks he knows everything so would condemn these numbers to death - what sort of person would do that?

The smallpox vaccine is actually dangerous. There were many deaths and injuries associated with its use. That is why despite the threat of its used in some future bio terrorism, no doctor wants to give it and be responsible for the death or injury that follows.

But this topic as you would be aware rab is not about diseases or vaccinations. It is about the coronavirus

Personally I feel the response from Australias government has been one of racism. If the coronavirus was in America, you can bet your house there would be NO TRAVEL BAN. But for the Chinese? Different story

Despite the fact that China is taking this threat far more seriously than America would do. Can you imagine America closing off entire states? Now China may be dodgy when reporting the numbers but they are taking this threat seriously.

Keep in mind the mortality rate, while yet to be finalised is very low. In the order of 2% or less. We also dont have figures on the age range of those or how the people who died were treated. For example, are the deaths mostly related to vulnerable people (old age, children or people with other medical conditions like diabetes or asthma etc).

The Australian government has stoked fear and racism that anybody who 'looks Asian' is treated like a leper. Heaven forbid if one of them coughs

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2020, 02:50:15 AM »
Oh, imgur came back. I see shifter's signature again. Thanks IT.  :P
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2020, 04:18:23 AM »

The smallpox vaccine is actually dangerous.
Are we expected to take your word for it? Please supply evidence!

But why would any doctor give a smallpox vaccination today anyway?

There were risks in smallpox vaccination but far lower than the risk of dying from smallpox before any vaccines were developed.

That risk was about 1 in 1,000,000 vaccination, far lower than the risk of death in a car crash - do you drive a car?
Not only that but the vaccination was once only - driving a car is a regular event.

But be thankful that smallpox is now regarded as eradicated. - a bit late for me though but I'm still here with no reaction.

Read Smallpox by Sophie Ochmann and Max Roser

Stop your silly attempts at deception just to support wise!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2020, 04:49:45 AM »

There were risks in smallpox vaccination but far lower than the risk of dying from smallpox before any vaccines were developed.

That risk was about 1 in 1,000,000 vaccination, far lower than the risk of death in a car crash - do you drive a car?
Not only that but the vaccination was once only - driving a car is a regular event.

But be thankful that smallpox is now regarded as eradicated. - a bit late for me though but I'm still here with no reaction.

Stay on the topic rab. This is not about smallpox but coronavirus. This is not about what you think about me or wise. Do you have anything to add about the coronavirus? Do you agree with Chinese being barred from entering Australia? Do you think if this were America would we bar Americans?

Theres a number in QLD that have been affected. Does that worry you? Hopefully none of them has acted as 'super spreaders'

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2020, 05:16:09 AM »

Do you think if this were America would we bar Americans?

I would hope so.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2020, 06:16:54 AM »

Do you think if this were America would we bar Americans?

I would hope so.

The WHO seems to think the travel ban is not only near useless for stemming the spread of the outbreak but may actually hinder progress combating it

https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/31/as-far-right-calls-for-china-travel-ban-health-experts-warn-coronavirus-response-would-suffer/

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2020, 06:40:36 AM »

The WHO seems to think the travel ban is not only near useless for stemming the spread of the outbreak but may actually hinder progress combating it

Let's buy tickets for the WHO suits to fly to Wuhan
and see who gets on the plane.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2020, 07:12:16 AM »

Let's buy tickets for the WHO suits to fly to Wuhan
and see who gets on the plane.

It's not about flying into Wuhan that's the problem. China already locked that down anyway. They are not going anywhere.

It's about indiscriminately banning everyone, from anywhere on the mainland that's the dumb idea. Keep in mind more than 99% of the Chinese are not infected. Screening and self isolation on arrival to other countries is prudent. Banning them from stepping foot in your country is over the top and stokes fear and xenophobia. Not helpful.

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2020, 07:36:29 AM »

It's not about flying into Wuhan that's the problem. China already locked that down anyway. They are not going anywhere.

Our government is flying 747's into Miramar Air Force Base 20 miles North of me full of potential vectors from Wuhan.
The get sprayed by people in hazmat suits on the tarmac and put into quarantine.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2020, 08:10:39 AM »

Stay on the topic rab. This is not about smallpox but coronavirus. This is not about what you think about me or wise. Do you have anything to add about the coronavirus? Do you agree with Chinese being barred from entering Australia? Do you think if this were America would we bar Americans?

Theres a number in QLD that have been affected. Does that worry you? Hopefully none of them has acted as 'super spreaders'

Dont spread fake news and there won’t be a problem.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2020, 08:19:57 AM »

Our government is flying 747's into Miramar Air Force Base 20 miles North of me full of potential vectors from Wuhan.
The get sprayed by people in hazmat suits on the tarmac and put into quarantine.

Well, the Chinese citizens are staying there. Australia is flying its citizens out of there as well but first they have to spend 2 weeks on a remote island in a 'detention centre'.

Here is a handy looking real time graph
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2020, 08:27:42 AM »

Dont spread fake news and there won’t be a problem.

Ah, rabs bodyguard butting in to deflect the question from rab. I;m not sure what he's paying you with given he shills for free

I didn;t spread fake news by the way. The smallpox vaccine is a nasty one and has been directly related to deaths and injuries and will not be administered to anyone who wants it for that very reason. (if you work with it in a lab you will receive it though). This is not fake news.

Given you dont want rab to answer the question, maybe you like to answer it? (to avoid your unasked for interjection being utterly pointless and leave you standing looking like a knob)

Do you think that there were any racial reasons why our countries indiscriminately banned anyone from anywhere on mainland China? Do you think it's helpful? I for one bet my house if the virus was from America, Australia would not be banning Americans from travel here. As we shouldn't, it's not helpful.

Know your place

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2020, 01:44:37 PM »
New diseases evolve all the time. We're still here. It's a terrible tragedy for the families of the people who die, and it's right and good that governments take appropriate measures and scientists work on finding treatments and doctors and nurses help people to survive the illness. But this one is no worse than a thousand others that are all out there doing their thing. The world continues to spin and the human race continues unabated in its effort to suffocate itself in its own pollution. In other words, nothing changes. Wash your hands, because you should anyway. And in the words of Sydnee McElroy of the Sawbones podcast: "If you're scared of coronavirus, get your flu shot." Because there's far more reason to be scared of the flu, which kills between 291,000 and 646,000 people every year.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2020, 02:52:51 PM »
Those deaths usually ignored. Especially for anti gun people.

Anyways the mortality rate is something to pay attention to. It’s around 0.05% for normal influenza and seems to be around 2% for the Coronavirus.

It looked like in the past though there have been strains with up to 60% mortality rate.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
Those deaths usually ignored. Especially for anti gun people.

Anyways the mortality rate is something to pay attention to. It’s around 0.05% for normal influenza and seems to be around 2% for the Coronavirus.

It looked like in the past though there have been strains with up to 60% mortality rate.

Not to mention that while the flu might make you feel like crap, the corona virus puts a much greater percentage of people in hospital in a serious condition.

Developed countries may be able to treat and manage the patients, but if this were to spread into impoverished countries, the mortality rate could be much more devastating.

So we should be taking this threat much more serious than the flu, but it's also important not to go over the top. Fear sells. A government banning entire countries citizens from entering your country may seem populist and a good act to pretend your doing something but in reality it is not as helpful as they say.

What the world needs is good ideas, good management and less fear mongering of an entire race

Know your place

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 04:13:09 PM »
But your chances of being infected with Novel Coronavirus are just about nil if you live in the developed world, as it is transmitted only by close direct contact, whereas flu is spread much more easily, and therefore infects an enormously greater number of people. Flu kills between 291,000 and 646,000 people every year. Corona has killed a few hundred. A tragedy for the families of the victims, but flu is a thousand times worse.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 04:13:27 PM »

!Stop your silly attempts at deception just to support wise
Stay on the topic rab. This is not about smallpox but coronavirus. This is not about what you think about me or wise.
Tell that to your master, Professor Wise. Some has to try to correct his deception!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 04:15:56 PM »
What the world needs is good ideas, good management and less fear mongering of an entire race
So shut up and let those who know far more than you handle it!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 04:55:27 PM »
But your chances of being infected with Novel Coronavirus are just about nil if you live in the developed world, as it is transmitted only by close direct contact, whereas flu is spread much more easily, and therefore infects an enormously greater number of people. Flu kills between 291,000 and 646,000 people every year. Corona has killed a few hundred. A tragedy for the families of the victims, but flu is a thousand times worse.
I haven’t see any claims that it’s hard to contract. It went from possibly one sick person to 28,000 in a month. That’s seems significant.

I’m not taking anything away from the flu. But this Coronavirus currently is a problem.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 06:04:41 PM »
I haven’t see any claims that it’s hard to contract. It went from possibly one sick person to 28,000 in a month. That’s seems significant.

I’m not taking anything away from the flu. But this Coronavirus currently is a problem.
Maybe that "went from possibly one sick person to 28,000 in a month" is just a sign of the suggested cover-up by the Wuhan officials.
A local Chinese acquaintance who gets reports from that region (from Taiwan not the PRC) said that he heard that the real reason for the cover-up was to allow the party officials and top brass to leave before the virus got a hold.

But as a result, many possibly unknowingly infected people spread the coronavirus around the world.

Has anybody seen these reports?
Early missteps and state secrecy in China probably allowed the coronavirus to spread farther and faster

As China Clamps Down on Negative News, Quarantines on Land and Sea

Quote from: JAMES PALMER | FEBRUARY 3, 2020, 2:50 PM
Chinese Officials Can’t Help Lying About the Wuhan Virus
As fear of the Wuhan coronavirus seizes China, the outlines of the local government mistakes that gave the disease a critical monthlong head start are becoming apparent. Reporting in both foreign and domestic media paints a picture of a city government in Wuhan more concerned with political meetings than epidemic control—and where attempts by insiders, including eight separate doctors, to speak out were stamped on by police.

<< and much more >>