nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)

• 7715 Replies

JJA

• Math is math!
Re: nCoV public service announcement. (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #1740 on: July 16, 2020, 05:47:54 AM »
How high is their positive outcome rates (if they do 100 tests, how many turn out positive)?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

« Reply #1741 on: July 16, 2020, 05:50:02 AM »
How high is their positive outcome rates (if they do 100 tests, how many turn out positive)?
Given the information found in the article I presented, what difference would that make?

Further, when the labs are found to be botching the tests, what difference would that make?

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1742 on: July 16, 2020, 05:58:45 AM »
Given the information found in the article I presented, what difference would that make?

If you test only people which you suspect to be positive and
1) the positive rate is 0.9 then the difference between reported cases vs. positive tested would be only 10%
2) the positive rate is 0.01 then the new way of reporting is 100x off compared to if they would test all the people.

Edit: According to JJA's article, my guess would be that the new numbers would be approx. 5-10x higher if they reported all suspected cases as 'positive' without actually testing.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1743 on: July 16, 2020, 06:33:17 AM »
Here is part of the reason why the CDC is being bypassed.

None of the numbers being reported are real:
If the numbers being reported to the CDC aren't real, why would those very same numbers reported to HHS be any more reliable? ???
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #1745 on: July 16, 2020, 07:44:29 AM »

If the numbers being reported to the CDC aren't real, why would those very same numbers reported to HHS be any more reliable? ???
None of the numbers reported by the CDC can be trusted according to the article.

Did you read the article?

Lorddave

« Reply #1746 on: July 16, 2020, 09:17:16 AM »

None of the numbers reported by the CDC can be trusted according to the article.

So the whole CDC is lying?  Oh dear.  Its a good thing Trump appoints the head of the CDC.

And really, do you think Trump, with his *made in a week* website is going to give you the REAL numbers?  The man can't even find 3 million fraudulant voted he swore existed in 2016.  He couldn't arrest Hillary Clinton on her OBVIOUS crimes.  Do you really think he can report numbers properly?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1747 on: July 16, 2020, 09:27:34 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/16/us-coronavirus-data-has-already-disappeared-after-trump-administration-shifted-control-from-cdc-to-hhs.html

And it's gone.  Will we ever see it again?  Will it be trustworthy?  Nobody knows.

I'm working on rigging a dowsing rod with a tarot card set to decide how the pandemic is going.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Lorddave

« Reply #1748 on: July 16, 2020, 09:51:17 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/16/us-coronavirus-data-has-already-disappeared-after-trump-administration-shifted-control-from-cdc-to-hhs.html

And it's gone.  Will we ever see it again?  Will it be trustworthy?  Nobody knows.

I'm working on rigging a dowsing rod with a tarot card set to decide how the pandemic is going.

Just fill the deck with death cards.  It'll be just as accurate.

Honestly, at this rate, America will be blocked, isolated, and quarantined by the rest if the world come November.  No trade in or out.  No people.  While the rest of the world churns in economic recovery.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1749 on: July 16, 2020, 09:56:45 AM »

Just fill the deck with death cards.  It'll be just as accurate.

Honestly, at this rate, America will be blocked, isolated, and quarantined by the rest if the world come November.  No trade in or out.  No people.  While the rest of the world churns in economic recovery.

Hang on, what about the Amazon orders I sometimes do. Can I still get them  ??? :o :-\ :-[ :( :'(

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1750 on: July 16, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »

So the whole CDC is lying?  Oh dear.  Its a good thing Trump appoints the head of the CDC.

And really, do you think Trump, with his *made in a week* website is going to give you the REAL numbers?  The man can't even find 3 million fraudulant voted he swore existed in 2016.  He couldn't arrest Hillary Clinton on her OBVIOUS crimes.  Do you really think he can report numbers properly?

I'm still waiting for all the great stuff Magnum PI dug up in Hawaii on Obama that Trump promised he had.  Any day now...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1751 on: July 16, 2020, 11:15:13 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-sparks-hope-with-remarkable-results/news-story/2568212385b44148bd90a973a287af5d

Hopefully good news. Many different vaccine trials happening and this one in particular the news article focuses on has provided an immune response in every volunteer.

The question will be however, how long does it last? Another question would be if you received the vaccine previously, does it lower your risk of adverse effects or mortality should you catch the corone 'in the wild' afterwards

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1752 on: July 16, 2020, 11:21:44 AM »
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-sparks-hope-with-remarkable-results/news-story/2568212385b44148bd90a973a287af5d

Hopefully good news. Many different vaccine trials happening and this one in particular the news article focuses on has provided an immune response in every volunteer.

The question will be however, how long does it last? Another question would be if you received the vaccine previously, does it lower your risk of adverse effects or mortality should you catch the corone 'in the wild' afterwards

All vaccines reduce the severity of the disease if you catch it.  That's why everyone should get their yearly flu shot.  Even if you get the flu, it will be less severe. I don't imagine this one will be any different, a faster immune response is always better.

Why do you call it 'the corone'?  It's Coronavirus or COVID.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1753 on: July 16, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »

All vaccines reduce the severity of the disease if you catch it.  That's why everyone should get their yearly flu shot.  Even if you get the flu, it will be less severe. I don't imagine this one will be any different, a faster immune response is always better.

Because 'The Corone' makes it sound more villainess! Like a bad guy. A nickname for some mob boss

Know your place

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1754 on: July 16, 2020, 11:26:43 AM »

Because 'The Corone' makes it sound more villainess! Like a bad guy. A nickname for some mob boss

Fair enough.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1755 on: July 17, 2020, 04:29:49 PM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1756 on: July 17, 2020, 05:15:03 PM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1757 on: July 17, 2020, 07:41:36 PM »
Irony or karma - you decide.
(CNN)Former game show host Chuck Woolery's son has Covid-19, a spokesperson for Woolery said Thursday.

"Chuck's son is fine and asymptomatic," Mark Young, with Jekyll and Hyde Advertising, told CNN.
Woolery made news late Sunday when President Donald Trump retweeted Woolery saying everyone is lying about Covid-19.

"The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying," Woolery said in that tweet.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1758 on: July 17, 2020, 10:57:50 PM »

Easier said than done. The biggest danger to America seems to the rat-bags that infest the place from the top down.
We haven't been there for decades but even then it was easy to see the extremes.
I was associating mainly with those in Engineering and Computer Science at UC Berkeley, a little at Stanford etc and visiting past students at Hewlett Packard and Tektronix - much smarter that I.

But these were all "just people". Even then, I could see the rat-bag side but now it seems that the rat-bags have taken over and look at the COVID-19 death toll!

« Reply #1759 on: July 20, 2020, 03:52:54 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold."

LMMFAO!!!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1760 on: July 20, 2020, 04:35:52 AM »
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/testing/serology-overview.html

"A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold."

LMMFAO!!!

Hey lackey,  how are you these days?   I see you still don't understand how this shit works.   

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #1761 on: July 20, 2020, 04:39:49 AM »
Links regarding masks use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/#__ffn_sectitle
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/5/4/e006577.full
"The rates of all infection outcomes were highest in the cloth mask arm, with the rate of ILI statistically significantly higher in the cloth mask arm (relative risk (RR)=13.00, 95% CI 1.69 to 100.07) compared with the medical mask arm. Cloth masks also had significantly higher rates of ILI compared with the control arm. An analysis by mask use showed ILI (RR=6.64, 95% CI 1.45 to 28.65) and laboratory-confirmed virus (RR=1.72, 95% CI 1.01 to 2.94) were significantly higher in the cloth masks group compared with the medical masks group. Penetration of cloth masks by particles was almost 97% and medical masks 44%."

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/data-do-not-back-cloth-masks-limit-covid-19-experts-say
"Limited, indirect evidence from lab studies suggests that homemade fabric masks may capture large respiratory droplets, but there is no evidence they impede the transmission of aerosols implicated in the spread of COVID-19, according to a paper published yesterday by the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine."

https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/advice-on-the-use-of-masks-in-the-community-during-home-care-and-in-healthcare-settings-in-the-context-of-the-novel-coronavirus-(2019-ncov)-outbreak
"
Basically, the WHO boils down to this: Using a mask doesn't help one bit.

"Whether or not masks are used, compliance with hand hygiene, physical distancing and other infection prevention and control (IPC) measures are critical to prevent human-to-human transmission of COVID-19."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15340662/

« Reply #1762 on: July 20, 2020, 04:45:55 AM »
Your paper literally says surgical masks are working.
Stop trolling you fucking retard.
Surgical masks are worn by surgeons when in the operating room.

Unless you are claiming that surgical masks are available for the general public.

Have a gfy day!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:49:01 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #1763 on: July 20, 2020, 04:52:38 AM »
The results of the studies are very clear!

Cloth masks do not prevent the spread of Covid-19!

Sorry you are so disappointed.

But not surprised in the least.

Facts have always been your kryptonite.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1764 on: July 20, 2020, 06:15:42 AM »
Your paper literally says surgical masks are working.
Surgical masks are worn by surgeons when in the operating room.

Unless you are claiming that surgical masks are available for the general public.

Have a gfy day!

Going to a hardware store you can get even higher grade masks then what is used for surgeries lol.

Whatever prevents the spittle of your stank breath from reaching far and wide is always going to be helpful. Some things more than others.

A bandana is not the best but is still better than nothing at all. If you're healthy it could spare you from inhaling someone's infected spittle

And if that someone was also wearing a covering then all the lower risk

It lowers the risk. It does not totally eliminate it. You lower the risk even more if you only go out when essential. Maintaining a distance doesn't eliminate the risk but lowers it

All these steps work to reduce the r value. Get that to less than 1 and the virus dies out.

Don't give a fuck and well, look at America vs new Zealand or something.

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1765 on: July 20, 2020, 06:47:00 AM »

Cloth masks are not intended to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Cloth masks are intended to slow the spread of Covid-19.

Why is that difference so hard for you to comprehend?

« Reply #1766 on: July 20, 2020, 08:27:52 AM »

They don't slow the spread.

There is no evidence to indicate they slow the spread.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1767 on: July 20, 2020, 08:40:29 AM »

The paper does not state that at all.

Member of the BOTD

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
« Reply #1768 on: July 20, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »

Surprise, surprise - totallackey of a brain cant research and also does not know the simplest scientific principles 'absence of evidence isnt evidence of absence'.

Member of the BOTD

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1769 on: July 20, 2020, 08:42:25 AM »

I don't know about that.  Masking seems to have helped slow the spread in states like New York.

Why do you think that covid is spreading like wildfire in most of the rest of the country?  Not enough hand washing?