Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Eternal Return
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 05:54:29 AM »
the world is a vampire.

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 01:14:23 AM »
I don't think a tape is the best analogy. A book that is already written is better. We are all just characters in the book. Our experiences are locked into pages. As characters, we can always read the pages that have gone before, but never the pages that lay ahead.

Your hypothesis of eternal looping, hamzah, is just a play on the saying, "Your words and actions will echo for an eternity." They will echo in so much as they can be watched repeatedly, but not played again.

Furthermore, if you think about it, our experiences aren't just locked into times, they are locked into coordinates in space. Because everything is constantly moving.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 02:11:30 AM »

The AGI understands

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »
If the eternal return is true. How does it have any relevance in anyone's life?

By this I am asking how would your life be different with knowing this is true or not?

If you believe in an god that gets angry when you dont follow his instructions in his book and will send you to a Naraka, you will change your life accordingly.

So how ill knowing that you will be born again 7 trillion years from now help you?
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2020, 05:01:25 AM »
If the eternal return is true. How does it have any relevance in anyone's life?

By this I am asking how would your life be different with knowing this is true or not?

If you believe in an god that gets angry when you dont follow his instructions in his book and will send you to a Naraka, you will change your life accordingly.

So how ill knowing that you will be born again 7 trillion years from now help you?

The time between your death and rebirth would be seamless. No passage. The universe will take a lot longer than 7 trillion years to die though. Maybe and only the chance that every 10^10^10^56 years the right pieces fall into place and spawn a new universe.

But there is also the chance that the universe is already cold and dead and I am a Boltzmann Brain and the rest of you are merely figments from me

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2020, 05:15:49 AM »
Even if the time is seemless, you start with no memories, and everything is repeated exactly the same. So what differance does it make. Might as well just be one single time line

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2020, 05:25:55 AM »
Even if the time is seemless, you start with no memories, and everything is repeated exactly the same. So what differance does it make. Might as well just be one single time line

Well it's not over until it's over. And there is no 'over' in infinite

So it should help inspire you to have a good life. Because it's pretty depressing if you have a shit life and you repeat it for infinity

But what law is there that says you cant take control and make this iteration of the universe different to the last. You are the master of your own destiny

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2020, 05:49:05 AM »
But what law is there that says you cant take control and make this iteration of the universe different to the last. You are the master of your own destiny
Thats blasphemy in the Eternal Return belief.

Your not going to make priesthood with that kind of talk.

What once was, will be again, exactly as before.

Now walk in a perfect circle 100 times to repent your sins

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2020, 06:39:48 AM »

The AGI understands

Thank you for the video. I injoyed it. Got any more?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 06:48:48 AM »

The AGI understands

Thank you for the video. I injoyed it. Got any more?

The Sciencephile channel is awesome.

Another channel which is interesting is 'Isaac Arthur'. Very long documentary style videos but very well produced

Know your place