Please explain my flat earth

• 53 Replies

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
Re: Please explain my flat earth
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2020, 03:17:30 PM »
But be careful, because the worst thing you can do is take any of it seriously.
First you have to give an example what you have lived negative after you have get serious wise. Was it wrong to represent you with a snowman? Which one was the mistake using snowman a man's avatar who tells believe but actually not; or your behaving a believer when you are not so.
You are the only mistake in this dialogue. Correct yourself.

I actually like the snowman.  :)

Just look at the pyramids and the lack of solid explanation.

The pyramids are very solid, and so is their explanation. It is a common (but mistaken) trope that the ancient Egyptians lacked the technology for building pyramids. All you need is the ability to cut and move stone. Both take time and labor power, and the Egyptians had plenty of both. Oh, and you need an autocratic ruler who cares about nothing but himself, and has the power to levy taxes and to spend them on stupid monuments.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2020, 03:55:09 PM »
I don't think this is a game, I'm sorry but i just wanna take a second to explain that for me it's more about science invading more and more aspects of our life, and being used as an end all decision maker.  And honestly  i'm not convinced about some of their supposed rock solid building blocks, and i'm here to try to figure this out and since i perceived an absence in flat earth comments(imho) on this site i like to reiterate the basics of the belief (as i understand them) for passersby because i think its important.

NASA selling rfid chip technology suggested for the medical industry? is that for product or people?
What on earth has NASA go to do with the question of whether the Earth is flat or not? NOTHING!

The topic is "Please explain my flat earth" and NASA could not possibly have anything to do with that!

The Earth has been taken as a Globe for at least 2300 years! And evidence since that time has only confirmed that beyond any reasonable doubt!

Flat Earthers NASAphobia is a totally ridiculous lie! They simply take the shape of the Earth as it is, as do all the space agencies!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2020, 01:28:14 AM »
People have several ideas of how they could have been made. The problem is in finding out which it was. It is like an unsolved crime, we just don't have the evidence to show exactly how it happened, it isn't that we have no idea how it could have happened.
The best theory I have read is that they rolled the stones!
Yes, rolled them.
They essentially built 4 round quarters out of timber around the stones so that the stones where encased in a timber wheel.
Then they just roll the stone. When you get to the site, you dissemble the wheel and take it back to the quarry.
as few as 4 people could then move a few tonnes of rock.
Way easier than sleds sliding along sand or even over rolling logs.

Unfortunately papyrus does not last forever, and all historical accounts of their construction methods have been eaten by worms and mold, or decayed in fires.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2020, 11:34:52 AM »
The best theory I have read is that they rolled the stones!

This seemed so unlikely to me that I looked on Wikipedia, and it turns out you are right: The consensus is that at least most of the stones were moved this way. They are not sure yet about the largest stones.

The bottom line is that the Egyptians built the pyramids using entirely ordinary methods. There are no great mysteries. Just some uncertainty about which of several possible engineering methods were used for any given pyramid, as they were not all built with the same methods.

Roughly as much time passed between the building of the first pyramid and the last pyramid as has passed from the birth of Jesus to the present day. It would be silly to imagine that construction methods had not evolved during that time.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2020, 11:24:46 PM »
Ah but can the materials claimed to be used even granite wheels,  do they have the structural tolerance to support the biggest of blocks? I've heard they don't.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2020, 12:19:12 AM »
I've heard they don't.
All you ever seem to give is what sounds like simply hear-say.
So just where did you hear that they don't?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2020, 12:27:23 AM »
I've heard they don't.
Prove me wrong this idea wrong kinda
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2020, 12:27:57 AM »
NASA is independent of RFID tags.
cite source
edit: the NASA youtube channel offers this tech for sale
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:40:26 PM by faded mike »
           -them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2020, 02:40:39 AM »
I've heard they don't.
Prove me wrong this idea wrong kinda
No, it doesn't work that way!
You made the claim "I've heard they don't" so the onus is on you provide the evidence.

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2020, 06:22:00 AM »
Ah but can the materials claimed to be used even granite wheels,  do they have the structural tolerance to support the biggest of blocks? I've heard they don't.

"I've heard they don't" is not an argument. We have duly noted that you've heard that. It's irrelevant to the discussion.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »
I would like your guys input on this, do you know the answer?
           -them

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »

Several people have already answered your question. Read the thread. Don't ask us to answer questions we've already answered.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2020, 03:41:10 PM »

Do you know how to do an internet search? This took all of about 10 seconds to find:

Smart Enclosure using RFID for Inventory Tracking
Inventory tracking for containers such as waste receptacles or storage containers

The NASA Johnson Space Center has developed a method for tracking collections of items in a smart container using radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags with a high level of read accuracy.

Applications
Inventory management
Emergency medical equipment and supplies
Smart shelves, drawers, and containers
Trash receptacles
Medical Storage
Shipping containers
Grocery store shopping carts and conveyor belts
Refrigerator inventory
Security

https://technology.nasa.gov/patent/MSC-TOPS-72

So what's the issue here? NASA has developed a better RFID system than perhaps is already out there. And that's a problem because...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2020, 08:59:58 PM »

Many great things were accomplished before OSHA came along.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2020, 09:14:42 AM »

Having dealt with them, OSHA would have shut that pyramid operation down in a matter of seconds!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2020, 11:56:17 AM »

Having dealt with them, OSHA would have shut that pyramid operation down in a matter of seconds!
What would they have thought of the Apollo missions?

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2020, 01:04:12 PM »

And that would have been a good thing! The pyramids were a waste of resources and labor. All because a string of fucking pharaohs didn't give a damn about anybody but themselves and thought they could live forever if they were buried in a pyramid.

They should have shut those down also. Another waste of resources and labor just to win a pissing contest with the Soviets. Unmanned space exploration provides a thousand times more bang for the buck. The only thing the Apollo program gave us was bragging rights.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2020, 03:40:46 PM »

They should have shut those down also. Another waste of resources and labor just to win a pissing contest with the Soviets. Unmanned space exploration provides a thousand times more bang for the buck. The only thing the Apollo program gave us was bragging rights.
And bankrupted the Soviet Union and that probably was a factor in ending the cold-war and much later, the demise of the U.S.S.R.

But the OSHA would have killed off all crewed space flight quick smart and maybe even rocket launches above sounding rockets :o.

Take a look at:
Largest explosion in space history rocks Tyuratam.
On July 3, 1969, on the very eve of the Apollo-11 Moon landing, Soviet engineers made their second clandestine attempt to fly their giant Moon rocket. However, the mission ended just seconds after liftoff with a colossal explosion, effectively knocking down the USSR in the Moon Race, just days before NASA astronauts walked on the lunar surface.

Escape rockets fire at the top of the doomed N1 No. 5L vehicle, as it begins a devastating collapse back to its launch pad.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2020, 10:08:53 PM »

Do you know how to do an internet search? This took all of about 10 seconds to find:

Inventory tracking for containers such as waste receptacles or storage containers

The NASA Johnson Space Center has developed a method for tracking collections of items in a smart container using radio-frequency identification (RFID) tags with a high level of read accuracy.

Applications
Inventory management
Trash receptacles
Medical Storage
Shipping containers
Refrigerator inventory
Security

So what's the issue here? NASA has developed a better RFID system than perhaps is already out there. And that's a problem because...
Yeah, smart fridge. I've seen that, it takes readings for your cellphone.
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2020, 10:17:03 PM »

Applications
Inventory management
Trash receptacles
Medical Storage
Shipping containers
Refrigerator inventory
Security

Are you making a point or are you still wondering how the Egyptians built the pyramids and affixed NASA RFID tags to all of the afterworld belongings stored within? Or would you like to talk about NASA smart fridge conspiracies?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »

Applications
Inventory management
Trash receptacles
Medical Storage
Shipping containers
Refrigerator inventory
Security

Are you making a point or are you still wondering how the Egyptians built the pyramids and affixed NASA RFID tags to all of the afterworld belongings stored within? Or would you like to talk about NASA smart fridge conspiracies?
If you have any info about said conspiracy, pls come forward with it. Or just continue on with your debunk of anything that isn't in the text book?
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2020, 10:49:16 PM »

Applications
Inventory management
Trash receptacles
Medical Storage
Shipping containers
Refrigerator inventory
Security

If you have any info about said conspiracy, pls come forward with it. Or just continue on with your debunk of anything that isn't in the text book?

I don't have any information about any pyramid/NASA RFID conspiracies and it would appear that you don't either so I'm unclear as to what your point is.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2020, 03:25:05 AM »
I don't think this is a game, I'm sorry but i just wanna take a second to explain that for me it's more about science invading more and more aspects of our life, and being used as an end all decision maker.  And honestly  i'm not convinced about some of their supposed rock solid building blocks, and i'm here to try to figure this out and since i perceived an absence in flat earth comments(imho) on this site i like to reiterate the basics of the belief (as i understand them) for passersby because i think its important.

NASA selling rfid chip technology suggested for the medical industry? is that for product or people?

That's an interesting and very post-modern view you have. If you don't think that applied scientific knowledge should be used as a way of helping to make decisions, in health, transport, engineering etc what would you advise we used instead? Which of the 'rock-solid building blocks' are you unhappy with and why? .....and what would you replace them with?
Really…..what a laugh!!!

?

JakeRake

• Round Earther Believer
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2020, 02:21:49 PM »
If he said, as high up as you go, you would never see Australia, isn’t he sort of saying the earth is round, not flat, since, the curvature around is present to shield it from your view?