Strange demand from mod

• 14 Replies
Strange demand from mod
« on: May 07, 2020, 04:02:00 AM »
A mod has recently told me to stop reporting posts.
The only posts I have reported recently that are still visible are those made by Sandokhan, like this one here:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=85702.msg2249714#msg2249714

In a thread on the Tunguska event, rather than address the issues raised by his "opponents" he instead spams the thread with irrelevant nonsense on the Sagnac effect and other unrelated things.

How are these posts not a violation of rule 8?
8. Low-content Posting/Derailment
Do not make spammy, non-contributive or low-quality posts, or derail threads by deliberately dragging discussion away from the original topic.

What is wrong with reporting these clearly spam posts?
And if there is nothing wrong with it, why has a moderator told me to stop reporting posts?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Thread Janitor
Re: Strange demand from mod
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 04:19:20 AM »
12 reports in a row on the same subject is a bit anal.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Thread Janitor
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 04:24:03 AM »
. . . but, hey, if you wanna click <REPORT> like a research monkey, go ahead.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 04:32:37 AM »
When will J. Davis deal with this matter?

The stats are going down, we have two users who are online 10-12 hours a day, every day, posting messages every 20 minutes, where they troll this forum, and deny everything.

Why won't you ban them outright, or give us the feature we have been asking for?

Why should the FES be on the receiving end of such nonsense, when no one else would put up with this kind of situation?

Here is a wonderful idea John: have both jackblack and rabinoz only post in the lower forums.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 05:53:39 AM by sandokhan »

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 04:59:36 AM »
Why should the FES be on the receiving end of such nonsense, when no one else would put up with this kind of situation?
Why should the FES put up with your nonsense?
Where you go and pollute basically every thread you enter, at some point almost always bringing up the Sagnac effect even in threads where it has no place at all?
And if not the Sagnac effect, then other off topic claims like your claims of the faint young sun paradox, the barometric pressure paradox or the double forces in a rope paradox; none of which are typically related to the threads you bring them up in.

And then to top it off, you complain when people refute you or don't just believe your nonsense.
So perhaps rather than asking why the FES so put up with others, ask why it should put up with you and your repeated spamming?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 05:12:04 AM »
You are unable to explain the faint young sun paradox.

Or the missing orbital Sagnac effect.

Since you cannot explain them, you have been resorting to trolling for the past few years.

No one else would put with this kind of trolling.

Which means Daniel must have something to do with this, since the admin/mods are looking the other way.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 06:33:59 AM »
I think sandokhan should be more than welcome to post pro-FE content at the FES.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 07:12:47 AM »
You both want to silence the other, the best option is that you block each other.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »
The best option for the FES is to get rid of problems, so that the stats would improve.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 08:17:54 AM »
The FES forum doesn't exist for stats, it is for debate, it is for people to have interesting conversations, it is for thinking about things differently and seeing where it goes, it is for having some fun, it is for learning your own side of an argument so you can improve it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 08:24:44 AM »
The FES forum doesn't exist for stats, it is for debate, it is for people to have interesting conversations, it is for thinking about things differently and seeing where it goes, it is for having some fun, it is for learning your own side of an argument so you can improve it.

Sure.

But both rabinoz and jackblack are using this forum as a vehicle for their own special brand of denial.

8-10 hours a day, every day.

rabinoz has been online 328 days, almost a full year.

Why would a retiree from Australia choose to spend his valuable free time in such a manner?

Both are paid shills and are wreaking havoc on this forum.

You think tfes would tolerate them? Not a chance.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 01:55:18 PM »
I think sandokhan should be more than welcome to post pro-FE content at the FES.
Even when that content has nothing to do with the topic and is directly violating rule 8?
Do the rules for off topic posting only apply when it isn't promoting FE?

You both want to silence the other, the best option is that you block each other.
I don't want him silenced.
I want him to stay on topic, something he seems incapable of doing.
And when the mods seem to support him spamming off topic content, why would he stop doing it?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 04:23:15 PM »
The mods donít support anyone spamming off topic content. The fact that you donít see warnings that are sent out does not mean warnings are not sent out.

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 04:38:57 PM »
It is more a case of the posts remaining there and him continuing to do so which makes me think the warnings aren't sent out or if they are that they aren't being enforced.
Even a few hours ago he was yet again posting claims regarding the Sagnac effect in a thread on the Tunguska event which has nothing to do with the Sagnac effect.

That as well as a mod telling me to stop reporting posts, even though those posts are clearly off topic, and you saying that he should be free to post pro-FE content, ignoring that it is off topic.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:52:29 PM by JackBlack »

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 05:59:24 PM »
Your complaint is noted. Whether posts are removed or not isnít really at your discretion. And frankly, I think that works in your favor as often as it upsets you when othersí posts arenít removed. That aside, your voice has been heard and I thank you for sharing.