Globe Earth debunk

• 45 Replies
Globe Earth debunk
« on: January 06, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »
So you globemadearthers are attacking our theory for a long time here so I decided to totally debunk your theory without any need for insults and logic that makes no sense in just a few points that their cannot explain and ours can.

1. HOW CAN THERE BE WATER WHEN THE GLOBE IS SPINNING AT 1000 mph

Seriously this is just ridiculous just as a child spinning too fast on a playground on a carousel the water would just be thrown away with that big force. Also no need to say that the speed with which Earth rotates around Sun is also riduculous and the water just couldnt keep up with the Earth. Which brings me to another point.

2.IF YOU JUMP UP THE EARTH SHOULD MOVE UNDERNEATH YOU

And it should move pretty fast... Noone has never seen anything like this so ... I assume that even  your little globe brains can see the point.

3. EXPERIMENTS THAT PROVE CURVATURE IS WRONG

I believe you have heard about loads and loads of these experiments when you take a camera zoom to some high building or mountain over see and according to globe theory with curvature 8 inches per mile squared you shouldnt be able to see that building, mountain et cetera but you do. Seriously just look at youtube and you will find example of this pretty fast.

Re: Globe Earth debunk
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »
I thought you were meant to be a non-flat Earther?
Did you use the wrong troll account?

But to be nice, here are some simple answers.
1 - Quite easily. Earth rotates incredibly slowly. Do the math to show there should be a problem.
2 - The same reason when you jump on a plane you don't smash against the pack. Inertia or momentum.
3 - You mean experiments that disprove curvature are wrong, such as by ignoring refraction or the height of the observer. At other times they are just outright lies or repeating the same false information, like people claiming you can see the Statue of Liberty from 60 miles away at sea level, even though there is literally no where at sea level where you have a direct line of sight.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »

Well actually it may seem unbelievable for you but I have found out the real truth. I cant believe that I have been so blind my whole live.
I have actually did this with my old account to everyone see that I have changed.

1 - your magical math does not interest me and you even didnt show me that math you just say that its there??? weird
2 - inertia of momentum doesnt work like that
3 - I have actually done similar experiment by myself and got similar results.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 01:21:28 PM »
I believe you have heard about loads and loads of these experiments when you take a camera zoom to some high building or mountain over see and according to globe theory with curvature 8 inches per mile squared you shouldnt be able to see that building, mountain et cetera but you do. Seriously just look at youtube and you will find example of this pretty fast.
Care to explain what that even means?
In the meantime we do seem to find that lighthouses, ships, huge buildings and even the Sun get hiddden brhind "something":
  • How much is hidden depends directly on the height of the observer.
    The following screenshots of the Bathurst Lighthouse on Rottnest Island are taken from Avonmore Tce,  Cottesloe Western Australia.

Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft

Bathurst Lighthouse from 6 ft
  • How much is hidden depends directly on the distance to the target.
    These two photos are from a video of two large cargo ships off the coast near Wollongong, NSW and taken from about 10 m above sea-level.
    The nearer ship is all visible but the farther ship's containers are is still very visible but most of the ship is hidden behind something.
    And here we have a huge bulk ore carrier quite visible:
             And a container vessel with the hull hidden behind something:

• What is covering up the lower part of the Sun in these photos?

Sunset at Karumba on August 8, 2007 at 06:25:02 EAST.

Sunset at Karumba on August 8, 2007 at 06:25:29 EAST.

Sunset at Karumba on August 8, 2007 at 06:25:57 EAST.
    That sun seems to go from just under the "top half" visible to being entirely obscured in a matter of 55 seconds.

Any ideas as to what is hiding that Sun?

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 01:22:51 PM »
1 - your magical math does not interest me and you even didnt show me that math you just say that its there??? weird
No, I'm saying you haven't shown that there is any problem.
Go do the math to show what the problem is.

Otherwise, we have Earth rotating slower than the hour hand on a clock, making roughly one revolution every 24 hours. Hardly fast enough to throw anything off.

So when you jump in a moving plane/train/bus/whatever, you see it move below your feet?
You end up right near the back, slamming against the wall?

If not, that is exactly how inertia/momentum works and thus you shouldn't expect to see Earth move when you jump.

3 - I have actually done similar experiment by myself and got similar results.
So you were able to see an object which literally cannot be seen, even if Earth was flat?
Forgive me if I don't just accept your baseless assertion, when all the available evidence shows otherwise and FE is yet to explain why the bottom isn't visible.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »
Jack, note the name of our "opponent" - non.flatearther. Maybe a little suspicous ::)?

I's advise treating Mr non.flatearther in a "suitable manner".

Stash

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 01:39:32 PM »

Gotta love physics:

No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

Macarios

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »

Ok, let's start with one by one question:

1. Earth rotates once every 24 hours.
It is 0.000694 RPM.
Equatorial trajectory deviation is 15 degrees per hour, which is 0.00416 degrees per second (0.25 arc minutes).
It is much less than the turning that a train makes on curved track, or a bus on curved road.
Too small value to feel it.

1037 mph equals to 438 m/s.
(Away from the Equator this value is smaller, at poles is zero.)

Radial acceleration "a" at the Equator (reducing weight by pulling against "g") is
a = v2 / R = 4382 / 6 371 000 = 0.03 m/s2
The "g" is acceleration at which objects fall (acceleration that produces weight).
g = 9.81 m/s2

Obviously, everything (including water) on Equator is only
a/g*100 =  0.03 / 9.81 * 100 = 0.306% lighter than it would be without the Earth's rotation.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Heavenly Breeze

• Be always great
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »
Jack, note the name of our "opponent" - non.flatearther. Maybe a little suspicous ::)?

I's advise treating Mr non.flatearther in a "suitable manner".

O0   Fluttershy ....

I am disappointed with the attitude towards the creation of nicknames, it sometimes sounds silly. The truth is stupid.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 09:50:28 AM by Heavenly Breeze »

Are you sure that the earth is not such?

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 01:07:49 PM »
2.IF YOU JUMP UP THE EARTH SHOULD MOVE UNDERNEATH YOU

Following the same logic then, according to you, if you were riding on the last carriage of an open train and you jumped up then you should end up falling back down on the tracks because the train has carried on without you.

While standing on the train, you and the train have the same momentum. When you jump up you continue to have the same momentum so you move with the train even though you are not physically attached to it momentarily.  Same principle applies if you jump and down while standing the surface of the Earth.

Momentum again.  Angular momentum in this case. The Earth would need to be spinning much more rapidly than 1000mph before water managed to overcome the pull of gravity.

Seriously this is just ridiculous just as a child spinning too fast on a playground on a carousel the water would just be thrown away with that big force
Think about how rapidly the carousel is spinning in relation to its diameter at the time when the child is flung off.

So rather than debunking the notion of a global Earth, the fact that 2/3 of the Earths surface is covered by water is I would suggest strong evidence to support it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 01:23:08 PM by Solarwind »

kachowabunga 17

• You're not just wrong, you're stupid.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 09:30:07 AM »
I'll also answer, even though non.flatearther should understand he is wrong.

1. Do you fly off a merry-go-round when it is spinning? No. The Earth is simply not fast enough.

2. You are already moving with the Earth, and unless it suddenly sped up or stopped, you wouldn't move relative to Earth if you jump vertically.

3.The pictures rabinoz posted shows that curvature exist. You can see it with your own eyes, so I hope you can trust your own vision.
You're not just wrong, you're stupid.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 09:56:14 AM »
    [/li]
    [li]What is covering up the lower part of the Sun in these photos?

That sun seems to go from just under the "top half" visible to being entirely obscured in a matter of 55 seconds.

[/li]
    [/list]

In RE it is not the Earth that is hiding the sun in those images. When the sun is touching the horizon in RE it is already below it. This is stated without empirical experimental evidence that it is the case. You are presenting us with what RE believes is an illusion to show us that an illusion is not occurring.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:57:51 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 11:26:18 AM »
      [/li]

[/li]
      [/list]

In RE it is not the Earth that is hiding the sun in those images. When the sun is touching the horizon in RE it is already below it. This is stated without empirical experimental evidence that it is the case. You are presenting us with what RE believes is an illusion to show us that an illusion is not occurring.

It most certainly is the earth.  The light path is bent slightly by the atmosphere, but what else is in the way of the sun, if not the earth?

And yet again, I have to remind you that refraction is very well understood.  If it wasn’t, those pictures wouldn’t exist in the first place.

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
      In RE it is not the Earth that is hiding the sun in those images.
      No, it is.
      The path of light from the sun to your eyes (which follows how light behaves as it traverses through different mediums) is obstructed by Earth.
      That sure sounds like the Earth is hiding the sun in those images.

Even with FE with their magic bendy light, it would still be Earth hiding it.

But you sure do seem to love clinging to well understood refraction as if it magically causes a problem for the RE.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
      « Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 04:31:59 PM »
      OK, something is hiding some and finally all of that Sun. What is that something?

And that something seems to keep hiding the Sun until it re-appears about 12 hours later in the opposite direction.
      « Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 04:33:36 PM by rabinoz »

markjo

• Content Nazi
      • The Elder Ones
      « Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
        [/li]

[/li]
        [/list]

Actually, it is the Earth hiding the sun in those images.

When the sun is touching the horizon in RE it is already below it. This is stated without empirical experimental evidence that it is the case.
        No Tom, it's stated using the known optical properties of the atmosphere and the proven effects of refraction.

You are presenting us with what RE believes is an illusion to show us that an illusion is not occurring.
        Again, no.  RE sunsets are not an illusion.  The fact that the sun appears slightly higher than it really is does not change the fact that the sun is being hidden by the Earth.  It only means that we see it about 5-10 minutes later than it actually happens.

FE sunsets, on the other hand, are indeed presented without any empirical experimental evidence. 
        Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
        Quote from: Robosteve
        Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
        Quote from: bullhorn
        It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

totallackey

• Flat Earth Believer
        « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 08:37:16 AM »

Gotta love physics:

Nice altered gif.

Care to explain the purpose of the movements of the two gibronis standing on the trampoline?

Hint - They are not just standing.

1. Do you fly off a merry-go-round when it is spinning? No. The Earth is simply not fast enough.
        Horse hockey.

Meet a friend down at a park and go to the merry-go-round.

You stand on the merry-go-round.

Now, have your friend set the merry-go-round a spinning.

You jump straight up as high as you can go.

No freaking way you land on the same spot.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
        « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 08:50:16 AM »
        The two guys are bouncing him.

Honestly just ride in an airplane or train or car.
        Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Run Sandokhan run

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
        • Administrator
        • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
        « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »
        The train is not accelerating. This is why he lands.

Your example of a merry-go-round would have rotational acceleration. You would break your neck, if I'm presuming the right kind of 'merry-go-round'.
        Quantum Ab Hoc

Stash

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 11:59:06 AM »

Gotta love physics:

Nice altered gif.

Altered in what manner?

Care to explain the purpose of the movements of the two gibronis standing on the trampoline?

Hint - They are not just standing.

Apparently, you've never been on a trampoline with friends. You're right, they are not just standing there, they're bouncing him higher. What do you think they are going?

Example:

The first video shows how the bouncing kid stays within the frame of the trampoline even tjough the platform is moving. Cool physics is what it is.

Horse hockey.

If the merry-go-round was being spun at one complete rotation every 24 hours, I bet I would land in the same spot.
        No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 12:22:08 PM »
        Nice altered gif.
        Any justification to claim it is altered?

They are stretching the trampoline to provide more force to the person in the middle.

But who really cares. That is quite irrelavent to the main discussion.
        Notice how they continue moving with the tractor, rather than smashing against hte back?

Horse hockey.
        Not the question that was being asked.
        That would only truly be applicable at the pole.
        Try jumping on a merry go round which spins once every 24 hours. See if you land in the same spot then.

As you move away from the pole, you would need to jump outwards not upwards.

Now perhaps you can address the more simple question:
        If you jump in a plane or train, do you smash against the back of it?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
        • Planar Moderator
        « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 01:54:37 PM »
        Totallackey: https://www.gettrampoline.com/trampoline-articles/double-bounce-on-trampoline/#tab-con-1

Alternatively, search "trampoline double bounce" and discover a new way to enjoy trampolining!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
        « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 02:20:35 PM »

Your example of a merry-go-round would have rotational acceleration. You would break your neck, if I'm presuming the right kind of 'merry-go-round'.
        And the Earth has angular-acceleration, which can now be readily measured at approximately 7.292 x10-5 rad/s, as poor Bob Knodel found :o to his dismay ;D.
        But the Earth's angular-accelerations no more than 0.034 m/s2 and does no more than affect what things weigh very slightly.

Macarios

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2020, 07:32:36 AM »

The 1037 mph (463 m/s) on equator is also constant.
        (Away from the Equator it is lower, with zero at poles.)

The equatorial trajectory deviation is radial and it is 0.004166666 degrees per second.
        It means the trajectory deviation is  463 * tan(0.004166666) = 0.0336 m/s = 3.36 cm/s.
        2.5 times faster than an average garden snail.
        (Away from the Equator it is lower, with zero at poles.)

Average pedestrian walks at 1.4 m/s = 140 cm/s.

I don't see how it can break any neck, whatever would be the "right kind". :)

EDIT: Average elevators go from 5 to 22 mph, which is 224 to 983 cm/s.
        « Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:41:45 AM by Macarios »
        I don't have to fight about anything.
        These things are not about me.
        When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
        The main goal in all that is simplicity.

?

totallackey

• Flat Earth Believer
        « Reply #24 on: January 23, 2020, 04:49:55 AM »
        It is amazing these great minds of science located here at a flat earth forum can make such astounding claims, like the earth has been spinning about an axis for millions and millions of years at a constant speed of one revolution per 24 hours, despite the contradicting laws of thermodynamics(like entropy) which clearly tell us such an idea would be utter nonsense.
        « Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:59:46 AM by totallackey »

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 05:07:57 AM »
        It is amazing these great minds of science located here at a flat earth forum can make such astounding claims, like the earth has been spinning about an axis for millions and millions of years at a constant speed of one revolution per 24 hours, despite the contradicting laws of thermodynamics(like entropy) which clearly tell us such an idea would be utter nonsense.

Another flat earther talking crap about the laws of thermodynamics.

If there was a problem with the heliocentric model and the laws of thermodynamics, someone would have noticed very quickly.  There isn’t though.  You are just making up whatever suits your argument.

?

totallackey

• Flat Earth Believer
        « Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 05:21:32 AM »

If there was a problem with the heliocentric model and the laws of thermodynamics, someone would have noticed very quickly.  There isn’t though.  You are just making up whatever suits your argument.
        I notice your inability to actually write about entropy.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
        • Thread Janitor
        « Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 05:50:27 AM »

It's quickly fading.

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2020, 07:42:06 AM »

Hahaha!

Do you think just writing  “thermodynamics (like entropy)” demonstrates your deep understanding of the subject?

Or do you just expect me explain in detail why a claim you pulled out your arse is rubbish?

Sorry, no.  Find a credible citation, then we can talk. 

Or if you just personally don’t understand it, feel free to ask.  But you not understanding something does not make it a “law of thermodynamics”.

?

totallackey

• Flat Earth Believer
        « Reply #29 on: January 23, 2020, 08:10:33 AM »

It's quickly fading.
        Hard to write "it is quickly fading..." when it was never apparent to begin with.

Hahaha!

Do you think just writing  “thermodynamics (like entropy)” demonstrates your deep understanding of the subject?
        Nope.
        Or do you just expect me explain in detail why a claim you pulled out your arse is rubbish?
        That would be good.
        Sorry, no.  Find a credible citation, then we can talk.
        Oh, I see...

you want me to provide you with a definition of entropy...okay...

Entropy is the tendency for things to fall into a state of disorganization...
        Or if you just personally don’t understand it, feel free to ask.  But you not understanding something does not make it a “law of thermodynamics”.
        Why would you attribute laws of thermodynamics to me?

I didn't write them.

They were formed on visible, verifiable facts, unlike the crapola you believe.