• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Werepenguin XIX - The Qantas Conspiracy - Game Thread
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2020, 05:51:19 AM »
[vote to lynch Bom Tishop]

[slow golf clap]

Well done everyone.  Well done. 

No, seriously.  That's how I'm going to prepare the rest of you.  But not before I take you skin to build a way out of here.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2020, 05:53:35 AM »
Oh crap.  I've just noticed we have 18 more hours until the actual lynching.  I feel I've just made the day awkward.

Alright, try to forget I said any of that.

Um, yeah, let's talk about how evil those penguins are.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #392 on: January 16, 2020, 07:00:25 AM »

We are.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #393 on: January 16, 2020, 07:27:25 AM »
Well played, Mr. Crouton.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2020, 07:31:09 AM »
CROUTON?! You mean to tell me the person that was crafting a large sail or hot air balloon or whatever out of human hides WAS EVIL?

Shit. It sounds so obvious now. Well played, Team Evil!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2020, 07:36:20 AM »
Well played evil team, ie penguins, narrator and boydster. We never had a real chance.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #396 on: January 16, 2020, 07:43:14 AM »
Bom Tishop's number was up. He knew he was alone and no matter what he did with his vote, his fate was sealed

"I can't take 18 hours of this! Y'all have made a huge mistake!"

Crouton appeared to jest in an effort to make fun of Bom Tishop alluding to the fact he was the penguin and would skin them all and get out of there.

"Not funny Crouton. The votes have been cast and must be respected. We could always bring it forward. Then we can all get on with getting out of here NSS spoke

Bom wondered if he could make a break for it. He could always take his chances in the forest with the cannibals and mythical 2 headed inbred humans.

"Lets tie this mofo up. I bet he's the penguin afterall. Staying quiet most of the time to not draw attention to himself. Well it's failed him now!! Mundin was happy for the chance to kill a penguin.

Bom Tishop thought maybe instead of running, he could get his flame thrower and fight the others. NSS had already anticipated Bom could be a threat and handed the flame thrower over to Crouton.

"This is bullshit. You guys are fucked!" Bom Tishop surrenders and chooses to go out with a little dignity. Perhaps it was better this way. After seeing how Duck and the others were killed he figured perhaps a quicker death at the hands of a human would be better than a slow and gory death at the hands of a penguin

Bom Tishop surrenders himself and is bound and shackled with the best that the beach could provide

"Bom Tishop. You are accused of being a penguin. We have brought forward this trial so that we can get on with going home. After what you did to Duck I cant see why we should be merciful. NSS deadpanned

"Wait a minute that isn't fair. I surrended! Can't you just hang me or something?"

NSS smirked "No!" Looking straight into Bom Tishops eyes he shouted "FUCK THIS PENGUIN UP!"

Bom Tishop was stripped, strung up and whipped, kicked and stoned. Crouton got the flame thrower and singed all the hair off Boms body. Ocean water was splashed on the wounds oozing blood and pus. The bounds around his hands and feet and the rope hanging him burnt away. Now was his chance to run!

Bom Tishop made a break for the forest and the others looked on. Bom was in no condition for a marathon however. Beaten, bloody, burnt and bruised he only made it about 10 metres before he collapsed.

Bom Tishop begged "Just kill me now. I'm done".

NSS promised Bom a quick death if he would dig his own grave. Otherwise they would prolong the suffering until nightfall and use his body parts as bait for the fish when they eventually sail away

Bom chose to dig his grave. After a sufficient depth he was pushed inside.

Bom Tishop begged "You're not going to kill me first?".

Mundin brought in about 2 dozen washed up jellyfish and tipped them in with Bom.

"Those guys can kill you! So long you penguin bastard!"

Bom Tishop was now bathing in jellyfish. For some reason his body would not let him lose consciousness from the pain. He had to endure it all

Several hours later Bom was still screaming.

"For the love of God, Crouton can you just BBQ that mofo and shut him up? I'm trying to work here!" NSS yelled

Crouton grabbed the flame thrower and expended the remaining fuel BBQ'ing Bom Tishop and the jellyfish until they were just a cindering crater.

Crouton then told everyone to watch to see Bom revert. NSS, Crouton and Mundin all look down. Minutes pass, and nothing

No feathers. No beak, no flippers. Just the smoking and charred skeleton of an innocent human

"Well aint that a bitch!"

NSS then looked down and saw he had been gutted.

"I'll be taking your skin" Trying to find the identity of his killer he could see Mundin running scared shitless away. That means..... CROUTON!

The life, slowly fading from NSS, he managed to see his intestines fashioned into a lasoo of sorts as it captured Mundin around his neck and strangling him. Crouton then turned back to NSS and splayed his body apart and tearing off his skin. He flayed Mundin and made off with his skin.

Bom Tishop, a flat earther is dead. Bound, beaten, stoned, burnt, stung and then BBQ'ed
NSS a flat earther is also dead. Gutted, splayed and skinned.
Mundin, the final flat earther is also dead. Strangled with NSS's intestines, flayed and skinned

Crouton, a penguin survives. His mission, only a partial success. The portal would have to be rebuilt but the location back in Antarctica is known. He would sail back to Antarctica to report to the Penguin overlord hoping for mercy and a chance to lead an army into the base of John Davis. None of the flat earthers were able to make it to the mainland so Qantas would continue flying the Sydney to Santiago route supplying the penguins below with either humans for food or more humans to turn into penguins for their world conquest plans

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #397 on: January 16, 2020, 07:47:30 AM »
I have deny the result.

The point here is that both the boydster and Bom Tishop had voted for me just because anger. boydster did this because he hated me, and Bom Tishop voted for me being a penguin in an earlier game, actually about hate again. They probably thought they'd win the game easier if without me. I wasn't on the council, I didn't know anything, I couldn't interfere with anything. And we saw the result. If the goal was to vote only for me, they succeeded. but I voted for boydster. If this is a success then I am successful. The game cannot be won with team mates who prefer to take revenge instead of trying to win the game.

They just wanted I loose the game whichever team I play with. Players should to grow up.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #398 on: January 16, 2020, 08:04:28 AM »
Well played evil team, ie penguins, narrator and boydster. We never had a real chance.

13 players of which 3 were penguins and 1 villager could spy on a role

I think the villagers had a good shot  :)

Also my narration had nothing to do with the roles of the characters. If Crouton was a villager, he still would have been written as if he had an interest in skinning people to make a sail for example. Because that is the material he gave me to work with. If Boydster was a penguin, I'd still have written him the same way. If someone wasn't active in the game, I had little material to go on to reference you in the narration. That's why I hardly 'spoke for' Bom Tishop or Bullwinkle for example. The most active players got referenced the most and the least active players didn't get mentioned much. Bom Tishop gave me a flame thrower to work with so I used it. Lots of other people gave me much more to play with

I wanted a game that restored some balance. Every game I have played in the past was so heavily stacked in the villagers favour the outcome seemed known before the start of the game. This game had no chance to break it in PMs like other games could. I did give 1 character the ability to get the roles of other players which worked out pretty good in getting Jura.

I think having 3 penguins with 13 players and 1 player who could see the roles each night made it anyones game. The villagers had their chance but at least so did the penguins. It probably would have been better if we had more of the players active. How many votes did Bullwinkle do for example? Inactive villagers is the biggest detriment to the villager survival.

Well great game I suppose. I hope you all liked it at least a little. It was different and that was also the point. But hopefully you had a bit of fun with it.  8)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #399 on: January 16, 2020, 08:32:57 AM »
It was a fun game, Shifter. Interesting twist with the way the seer-type role works, and not knowing exactly what we were up against. And it was certainly anyone’s game - just look at how many people died, and at the end it could have gone either way. Kudos to you, sir.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #400 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44:29 AM »

Hear,hear.

Have to say, thoroughly enjoyed that, after I got caught butchering Junks, we had to make the call on killing who we believed was the Sneaky peep thief, knowing it might lose us the magnificent SCG in the  process, and then hope that with his subtle and silky playing style Crout’s could get us to the end, which he did with spades, 3 kills, (Gayer, Boyd and DD/sherlock), man of the match.

Shifter excellent job.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #401 on: January 16, 2020, 08:54:31 AM »
It is not a balance 3 penguins with 10 villagers. Games are already hard with many villagers have special roles and against just two penguins. You have both increased number of evils and reduced the abilities of villagers. In this regard, your game never gave a chance to villagers to win. Every villagers thought there were just two penguins and played accordingly, we can evalute DD's disclosure himself in this regard, because he thought game ends like many of us thought. Hence, our team has succeed even narrator's unfair pairing.

On the other hand, after we have learned the unfair situation that narrator has limited all the abilities and DD was the only possible trusty villager, it was almost too late to save anything. In this point, boydster's apathetic behave determined the result. boydster was the only villager definitely has an exact knowledge but did not anything to prevent neither DD's night dead or Bom Tishop's lynching. I had no idea about Bom but I had a good idea about DD's being a villager. I have tried to defend him by telling him being a suspect. This plan is collapsed because NSS did not get it. On the other hand, boydster who actually had to defend DD because only he knew what DD is did not do anything to defend him. For example, supporting him with telling crouton's being suspect was a good point. I did it but I thought DD was playing. The person who had to know whether DD was playing or really had suspect about crouton was, again, boydster but he did not do anything to cover the votes through Bom Tishop.

As a result, like everytime he does, whenever boydster plays on opposite teams with scg, he had played to loose like an asslicker bitch.

I submit this requisition for your approval and appropriation.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #402 on: January 16, 2020, 09:03:26 AM »
DD was killed by Crouton, nothing Boyd could have done, and DD coming out with the big reveal got him killed, but Shifter at no time said there were only two Penguins,
There will be penguins but the number will be unknown
DD surmised that, as we said I had killed Gayer (I didn’t) and Junker (I did), specifically to give that impression.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:08:18 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #403 on: January 16, 2020, 09:04:07 AM »
This was a really fun game. The narration was great, the difficulty level was great. I like the new oracle role, it's powerful, but not too powerful. The game could have gone either way, and I really thought team evil was bbq when down to one.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #404 on: January 16, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
boydster was the only one both had to know whether dd would be sincere about crouton and to prevent lynching of the bom. Admit it, he tried to lose this game and was able to do so. He deliberately deciphered himself, to let penguins kill him. you may not accept it. Because everybody played here, there wasn't many players to believed in your lies about your killings.

You played your ordinary game, there is nothing to say what you do. But number of players and boydster were not fair at all.

It is once again proven that a game with a boydster will never be fair, whether if you believe, or not.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #405 on: January 16, 2020, 09:14:07 AM »
This was a really fun game. The narration was great, the difficulty level was great. I like the new oracle role, it's powerful, but not too powerful. The game could have gone either way, and I really thought team evil was bbq when down to one.

Don't worry there were a boydster to save your team. He gained new abilities now I guess in the cost of his serves. You an admin can find a boydster everytime, but is it fair? He played with 3 accounts to lose the game. Teams were actually 6 to 7. Really balanced?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #406 on: January 16, 2020, 09:24:36 AM »
It is not a balance 3 penguins with 10 villagers. Games are already hard with many villagers have special roles and against just two penguins. You have both increased number of evils and reduced the abilities of villagers. In this regard, your game never gave a chance to villagers to win. Every villagers thought there were just two penguins and played accordingly, we can evalute DD's disclosure himself in this regard, because he thought game ends like many of us thought. Hence, our team has succeed even narrator's unfair pairing.

On the other hand, after we have learned the unfair situation that narrator has limited all the abilities and DD was the only possible trusty villager, it was almost too late to save anything. In this point, boydster's apathetic behave determined the result. boydster was the only villager definitely has an exact knowledge but did not anything to prevent neither DD's night dead or Bom Tishop's lynching. I had no idea about Bom but I had a good idea about DD's being a villager. I have tried to defend him by telling him being a suspect. This plan is collapsed because NSS did not get it. On the other hand, boydster who actually had to defend DD because only he knew what DD is did not do anything to defend him. For example, supporting him with telling crouton's being suspect was a good point. I did it but I thought DD was playing. The person who had to know whether DD was playing or really had suspect about crouton was, again, boydster but he did not do anything to cover the votes through Bom Tishop.

As a result, like everytime he does, whenever boydster plays on opposite teams with scg, he had played to loose like an asslicker bitch.

I submit this requisition for your approval and appropriation.

Before the game started it was explained the number of penguins would be unknown. You guys assumed

I dropped hints as to the number of penguins throughout the game. In that regard my narration did try to 'help' the villagers understand what they were up against.

The only people boydster scanned before he was killed was DuckDodgers twice to get his conformation, Junker once (in which he found out about Jura as Jura killed Junker that night) and Mundy, once. Mundy was still not assured to be safe with only one scan

When boydster was killed it was explained at the start of the game his diary would be revealed to the entire group. This was bound to have marked DuckDodgers for death by a penguin. The penguins clearly used DuckDodgers assumption there were only 2 penguins against him and obviously got one in their circle of trust

Duck Dodgers did warn you guys against Crouton though. He was the only trustworthy player (because no villager could be assured of anyones elses role outside of what boydster discovered) and had you guys followed his advice, you would have won. Instead you went for Bom Tishop - maybe because you suggested I was friends with Bom and protecting him as a penguin with my narration somehow.

You say you 'learned the unfair situation that narrator limited all the abilities and DD was the only possible trusty villager'. The lack of any 'abilities' was known before the game started. It's not unfair if you chose to play knowing that as a villager you will not have any special ability like raising the dead or throwing in a few extra votes against another player or deciding to vigilante someone at random. Boydster played the role of a spy well enough it got you a confirmed villager and a penguin. Perhaps future games could have 2 spies or whatever.

The 'never had a chance for villagers to win' is a bit dramatic. There was a chance to win. DD and the rest of you assumed there were only 2 penguins when it was stated before gameplay that may not be the case. There were hints on 2 occasions there were more than 2 penguins. Assumptions can be dangerous and you all assumed there were 2.

There was nothing boydster could do to prevent DD death. DD's fate was sealed the moment boydsters diary was discovered. Again, in the rules on the first page it was stated that anything the spy found out would be revealed on his/her death. Why would a penguin have left DD alive? The only villager no one would possibly vote to lynch? Good strategy meant DD was going to die.

Both sides played the game well. If the villagers had more active players, therefore more votes, it most likely would have been a different result to their favour

I dont understand why the upset over the penguin winning. It's a game. Both sides had a chance and were deserving to win

Know your place

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #407 on: January 16, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
I had no belief I was going to live after boydster died simply because of the diary being found showing me being good (2 no activity scans and finding a penguin on night 3). Thus I figured my only bet would be to use what little life I had left to sink SCG. I was only 50/50 on suspecting crouton. My other suspicion was Mundin which him having turned from eating the fish. It was a well played game all around, and in the end, everyone should have listened to me.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #408 on: January 16, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »
This was definitely an excellent game.  While things could have gone better, I think that is more of a players actually RP'ing and getting into the spirit of the game more than any issues with narration.

Great job Shifter.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #409 on: January 16, 2020, 10:59:11 AM »
In my opinion the game should be skewed heavily in the penguin's favor.  This game was really down to the wire.  Though team human did get kind of lucky by routing out two penguins.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #410 on: January 16, 2020, 11:04:31 AM »
As far as I know we didn't infiltrate the council, if there was a council.  There was a plan early on to infiltrate it and then throw one of us, probably Jura, under the bus to earn their trust.  But I never followed up on that and as time went on I figured such a move would just draw attention to me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #411 on: January 16, 2020, 11:13:57 AM »
Next time I will kill boydster RIGHT AWAY.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #412 on: January 16, 2020, 11:50:58 AM »
DON’T DO ME LIKE THAT.

Also, wise’s fever-ramblings are just that. No more, possibly less. The game was well constructed and super fair in terms of power each side had.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »
Ooo you sneaky penguin bastards
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #414 on: January 16, 2020, 01:07:57 PM »
boydster was not make surprised one more time.

In my opinion, the balance should be correct in a bit more behalf for villagers. 3 penguins vs 10 villager, 4 to 9 or 5 to 8 maybe acceptable. But 6 to 7 is hard to deal for villagers. Or somebody has to talk boyd before game.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2020, 01:45:46 PM »
boydster was not make surprised one more time.

In my opinion, the balance should be correct in a bit more behalf for villagers. 3 penguins vs 10 villager, 4 to 9 or 5 to 8 maybe acceptable. But 6 to 7 is hard to deal for villagers. Or somebody has to talk boyd before game.
Yes, someone should talk to this boydster before the games and just let him know all the roles ahead of time. It would really help streamline the process!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2020, 09:21:52 PM »
That's what y'all get for following NSS.... ::)

Fantastic narration shifter, very creative and thought out!
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2020, 10:00:05 PM »
Glad you all liked it. :) I look forward to being a player again in the next one.

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #418 on: January 16, 2020, 10:27:48 PM »
Surely, exceptions do not break rules.  8)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #419 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:56 PM »
Glad you all liked it. :) I look forward to being a player again in the next one.

Lol, yeah, it is definitely more time consuming than you think.... especially when you try to make it as unique as your's.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir