Space Spy Cameras, How?

• 50 Replies

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
Re: Space Spy Cameras, How?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »
Electronics do not need air, they can work quite happily in a vacuum, they don’t need to breathe.
I hope that your laptop has an SSD because hard drives generally don't do so well in a vacuum.
But of course, in this day and age with SSDs being relatively inexpensive. Though the original question is ill  thought out and pretty stupid. Laptops are devices designed to be used here on earth and not in space! Electronic devices made for use on board a satellite or on the ISS etc are designed specifically for that use.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

JackBlack

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2020, 05:51:21 PM »
The best part is that he completely ignores the most significant issue (which is still mitigated), that of cosmic radiation.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2020, 07:06:16 PM »
Electronics do not need air, they can work quite happily in a vacuum, they don’t need to breathe.
I hope that your laptop has an SSD because hard drives generally don't do so well in a vacuum.
But of course, in this day and age with SSDs being relatively inexpensive. Though the original question is ill-thought out and pretty stupid. Laptops are devices designed to be used here on earth and not in space! Electronic devices made for use onboard a satellite or on the ISS etc are designed specifically for that use.
My last 3 computers have had SSD's though I use hard drives as external drives for backup etc.

Timeisup

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
The best part is that he completely ignores the most significant issue (which is still mitigated), that of cosmic radiation.

Though to be fair a fair amount of Cosmic Radiation reaches the ground, and I quote:-

"These high-energy particles arriving from outer space are mainly (89%) protons – nuclei of hydrogen, the lightest and most common element in the universe – but they also include nuclei of helium (10%) and heavier nuclei (1%), all the way up to uranium. When they arrive at Earth, they collide with the nuclei of atoms in the upper atmosphere, creating more particles, mainly pions. The charged pions can swiftly decay, emitting particles called muons. Unlike pions, these do not interact strongly with matter and can travel through the atmosphere to penetrate below ground. The rate of muons arriving at the surface of the Earth is such that about one per second passes through a volume the size of a person’s head"

Though flat earth believers would in all honesty not be in a position to determine the existence of Cosmic Rays not having the means to do so. Though believing in a small sun would in effect rule out it being capable of Nuclear Fission and hence a producer of Cosmic Rays in the first instance.  Flat earthers do have such a dilemma when it comes to explaining so much of nature, Cosmic Rays just being one.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 04:14:16 PM »
Though flat earth believers would in all honesty not be in a position to determine the existence of Cosmic Rays not having the means to do so.

Really? A cloud chamber is that difficult?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2020, 04:19:12 PM »
Though believing in a small sun would in effect rule out it being capable of Nuclear Fission
OMG tell me more about fission, the sun, and cosmic rays

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »
He meant fusion.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Timeisup

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2020, 02:32:42 AM »
Though flat earth believers would in all honesty not be in a position to determine the existence of Cosmic Rays not having the means to do so.

More difficult than you could imagine. A Wilson cloud chamber as you no doubt know shows a trail and not the particle itself. Your problem would be determining the source of the ionizing radiation that was detected. Tell me what method you would use that would differentiate between earthbound sources from those of a more cosmic nature? and thus confirm any particle entering your cloud chamber originated from a source beyond the planet earth and not from some local radioactivity?
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Timeisup

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2020, 02:38:40 AM »
Though believing in a small sun would in effect rule out it being capable of Nuclear Fission

You tell me, please. Afterall flat earthers don't believe in any of this do they? prefering to believe in a small sun and all that entails. Why don't you lay out for us all the flat earth thought on the flat earth's small sun and its workings? I can quite easily find, as can you, information on mainstream thought on the sun, but there appears to be a dearth of information from a flat earth perspective, perhaps you could enlighten us all.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2020, 03:19:53 AM »

You tell me, please. Afterall flat earthers don't believe in any of this do they? prefering to believe in a small sun and all that entails. Why don't you lay out for us all the flat earth thought on the flat earth's small sun and its workings? I can quite easily find, as can you, information on mainstream thought on the sun, but there appears to be a dearth of information from a flat earth perspective, perhaps you could enlighten us all.
He's not a flattie.

I believe the FES position on the movement of the "heavens" is that there are "celestial gears".  The moon is possibly illuminated by bioluminescent creatures called "moonshramp".  I'm not sure you need any further detail.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rvlvr

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 05:40:16 AM »
It is intriguing how much stupid FE willingly swallows just to not give anything to RE, just to show a unified front. (Moonshramp, wise’s killer airlines, and New Earth’s musings come to mind first, but pretty sure there are others.)

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 07:30:42 AM »
It is intriguing how much stupid FE willingly swallows just to not give anything to RE, just to show a unified front. (Moonshramp, wise’s killer airlines, and New Earth’s musings come to mind first, but pretty sure there are others.)
It's almost like they aren't entirely serious....

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
Crabby Jim knows the moonshramps were a joke.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rvlvr

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2020, 10:12:03 AM »
Wise telling people airlines kill passengers is no joke. At least I think he has been dead serious. John Davis' thing with the string is pretty stupid, too. Sceptimatic's new physics. Plus others.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:32:06 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2020, 10:32:28 AM »
Crabby Jim knows all your secrets...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2020, 12:08:24 PM »
Were the other proposed bioluminescent lunar fauna (some with telepathic abilities) and their monthly migration patterns also jokes?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2020, 01:40:55 PM »

A cloud chamber shows alpha and beta radiation. I don’t recall being able to see gamma rays and such.

Edited to be more correct.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 03:16:09 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Timeisup

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »

A cloud chamber shows alpha and beta radiation. I don’t recall being able to see x-rays and such.
Neither do I. It’s quite a basic detector infused with alcohol vapour as I remember! To detect high energy cosmic rays I imagine you would need some serious kit. Though apparently you can modify your smart phone!
https://www.livescience.com/48177-smartphone-app-cosmic-ray-detector.html
Really…..what a laugh!!!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2020, 03:47:19 PM »
Well now I feel dumb. I thought cosmic rays were more energetic than gamma rays, which they are, but they aren’t only EM radiation.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2020, 03:47:26 PM »
Were the other proposed bioluminescent lunar fauna (some with telepathic abilities) and their monthly migration patterns also jokes?

No, those are real.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2020, 09:10:35 AM »
I thought the moonshramps were telepathic?

They are also clearly part of The Conspiracy, as they time their migrations to exactly fit the round earth model. The bastards.