Seasons?

• 21 Replies
Seasons?
« on: December 22, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »
Hey everyone! My name is Rachel and I'm a new member to this community. I joined this community because I went to the beach and used a telescope to see if a boat would disappear over the ocean out of curiosity and saw that it never did, I could still see it through the telescope. So I'm in the process of unlearning everything I learned in high school, and was wondering if anyone could explain to me or had a resource explaining how the seasons actually happen?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
Re: Seasons?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 07:22:14 PM »
Hi Rachel!
I think the search function  and books recomended in the library would be quite informative. Not sure the answer to the question but what evident is that the sun is seen at a lower more southern location during the winter months and is said to be over the south part of the earth.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 10:58:22 PM »
Although the world is not a sphere, the sun moves from north to south and south to north during the year to create the seasons.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 06:28:23 PM »
The (roughly) circular path of the sun about the pole expands and contracts as the seasons progress.

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »
Although the world is not a sphere, the sun moves from north to south and south to north during the year to create the seasons.

The (roughly) circular path of the sun about the pole expands and contracts as the seasons progress.

Really...and what exactly causes that to happen then according to your theories?  You must know why the circular path of the Sun above the flat Earth expands and contracts with the seasons surely.

Easy to claim it... not so easy (or so it would seem) to explain it!

One sure way to stop a discussion in its tracks it seems.... ask FE believers to explain the cause behind any of their claims!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:05:33 PM by Solarwind »

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
Interaction with the universal accelerator.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 01:23:48 AM »
And how does that work then?  An explanation please.  What is interacting and what causes that interaction?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 10:55:26 PM »
The universal accelerator interacts with celestial bodies, like the sun.

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 01:04:10 AM »
The universal accelerator interacts with celestial bodies, like the sun.

You are not explaining either how or why that happens, just that it does. It is easy to say something happens, but so far it doesn't seem to be easy for you to explain the mechanism behind it. More information please.

All you have said at the moment is that something which itself is just hypothetical somehow interacts with the Sun.  That is not really a good explanation is it.

Let me explain what I mean. We all see the Suns declination vary during the year from +23.5N (21st June) through to -23.5S (21st December).  So that is what causes the seasons. We can explain why this annual movement of the Sun happens by the fact that the Earths polar axis tilt (of 23.5 degrees) means that for half the year the Earths northern hemisphere is tilted towards the Sun while for the other six months the Earths southern hemisphere is tilted toward the Sun.  In short we have explained the cause of what we see and experience every year.

However if you prefer to believe that the Earth is flat and that the Sun moves in circles over a flat Earth then clearly none of the above is possible. So the only way you can account for the seasons is by saying that the radius of the Suns orbit above the Earth increases and decreases over the Year. The problem with that is you have to explain both why the Sun moves in circles in the first place and secondly why the radius of that circle just happens to vary in synchro with the time it takes to complete one orbit. 

All we've had from you so far is some vague comment about an 'interaction' between something which has never been shown to exist and the Sun.  Over to you again...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 03:37:53 AM by Solarwind »

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 06:17:03 AM »
Solarwind this is Q&A. If you don't like the "A" you are welcome to start a thread in Debate for further discussion.

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 09:06:05 AM »
I'm still waiting for the 'A' . 'An interaction' is hardly an 'A' as it doesn't answer anything.  But if you would rather I continued my quest for a proper 'A' in another thread then fine with me.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 11:06:51 PM »
Flow around a flat plate cylinder results in the formation of stable von Karman vortices. The heavens appear to be so ensconced. It's not that complicated.

mak3m

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 02:05:51 AM »
Q: What is the speed of the sun travelling, in a roughly circular motion, when it moves north to south and vice versa, what is the speed for the most northerly position and the most southerly position?
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 04:15:41 AM »
Well the speed can be deduced from distance over time.  We know the time for two successive noon transits of the meridian is 24 hours.

As for the distance (or circumference) of the circle around which the Sun is travelling, that would be the circumference of the FE tropics of Cancer and Capricorn and the FE equator.  Over to FE for that...

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 08:03:37 AM »
Well the speed can be deduced from distance over time.  We know the time for two successive noon transits of the meridian is 24 hours.

As for the distance (or circumference) of the circle around which the Sun is travelling, that would be the circumference of the FE tropics of Cancer and Capricorn and the FE equator.  Over to FE for that...

Solarwind, this is the FE Q&A section of the forum. If you have the FE answer you can give it, but people don't ask questions here looking for the RE answer.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2020, 07:53:46 PM »

Solarwind, this is the FE Q&A section of the forum. If you have the FE answer you can give it, but people don't ask questions here looking for the RE answer.

Let's rephrase the question; 
1: what is the distance of travel and speed of the sun at the Winter solstice?
2: what is the distance of travel and speed of the sun at the equinox?
3: what is the distance of travel and speed of the sun at the Summer solstice? 
And how is this accomplished?

The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 12:54:38 PM »

There is no “FE answer” or “RE answer”. There can only be one correct answer, no matter who it comes from.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 01:15:25 PM »

There is no “FE answer” or “RE answer”. There can only be one correct answer, no matter who it comes from.
If you wish to question moderation, there is a forum specifically for that: suggestions and concerns. Please do not derail topics. This board is specifically (and quite obviously) for questions and answers around the flat earth worldview. If someone wants to find out the round earth opinion they can visit wikipedia.

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 09:41:23 AM »
Hey everyone! My name is Rachel and I'm a new member to this community. I joined this community because I went to the beach and used a telescope to see if a boat would disappear over the ocean out of curiosity and saw that it never did, I could still see it through the telescope. So I'm in the process of unlearning everything I learned in high school, and was wondering if anyone could explain to me or had a resource explaining how the seasons actually happen?

Since the sun moves slightly farther from the earth during the winter, and closer during the summer, temperatures change between the seasons. Moreover, the sun moves side to side, so it's closer to the northern hemisphere some of the time, and southern the other half.

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »
Really...and what exactly causes that to happen then according to your theories? I think is very interesting.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 02:12:55 PM »
Really...and what exactly causes that to happen then according to your theories? I think is very interesting.
Hi flex-self, welcome to FES. Q&A is not for discussion or debating, it's simply for asking FE questions and getting FE answers. If you'd like more of a discussion, you are welcome to do so in FE General or FE Debate.

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2020, 01:33:53 AM »
The flat Earth model places our planet at the center of the universe, but doesn’t suggest that the sun orbits the Earth. Rather, the sun circles over the top side of the world like a carousel, which is more like a desk lamp.