Why satellites don't crash on earth

• 52 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Why satellites don't crash on earth
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2019, 02:51:06 AM »
Stop guessing and post some evidence for your claim!
How could it be "a stadium light" 400 km above the Earth?
Stop constantly post same BS. Nowadays technologies are so developed that you can even show ISS in your bedroom. These things have no value. Stop using this type of BS as an argument.
How could a camera or telescope, out in a parking lot or a park, looking up towards the sky see an "ISS in your bedroom"? Answer that one!
It wasn't so long ago the so called ISS was hard to spot due to it's speed and it was down to all kinds of gadgets needed to get a clear shot.
Now amateur telescopes in parking lots are all that's required.

It's a load of tosh.
You all show someone else's supposed shots but never your own. I wonder why?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2019, 02:58:47 AM »

Who says it has to be 400km from the Earth? Does a telescope give you the distance and size of the object you are looking at?

If I point a telescope at the moon. It doesn't tell me the size or distance.... So how do you know when you point it at what you believe to be the ISS that it is indeed 400km away? How can you assert that it is 400km away from your telescope picture alone?

The picture is rubbish. Not proof and just shows what low standards you have as long as it fits your bias.

You need to look through a true lens, not one with so many preconceived notions and BS

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2019, 03:09:53 AM »
Stop constantly post same BS. Nowadays technologies are so developed that you can even show ISS in your bedroom. These things have no value. Stop using this type of BS as an argument.
How could a camera or telescope, out in a parking lot or a park, looking up towards the sky see an "ISS in your bedroom"? Answer that one!
It wasn't so long ago the so called ISS was hard to spot due to it's speed and it was down to all kinds of gadgets needed to get a clear shot.
Whoever claimed that? It just sounds like a story you made up to suit the occasion.

Quote from: sceptimatic

It's a load of tosh.
Because I don't have an "amateur telescopes" or a suitable camera.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2019, 03:56:15 AM »

Who says it has to be 400km from the Earth? Does a telescope give you the distance and size of the object you are looking at?

One telescope might not allow the distance to be measured but photographing the same object from two separate locations does. Here is a video where Manley and his daughter do exactly that.

Using Cameras To Measure The Real Altitude Of The Space Station by Scott Manley

Not only does Scott Manley measure the height of the ISS but he estimates its velocity.
Quote from: Shifter
If I point a telescope at the moon. It doesn't tell me the size or distance....
Again pointing one telescope at the moon doesn't tell you the size or distance but using two observers in well separated location can.
Distance to the Moon

How far away is the Moon? One way to find out is by using parallax: observe the Moon from two points on the Earth's surface, and measure the shift in its position with respect to the background stars.
This measurement of the Moon's distance uses the same approach used in Parallax in the Lab. In particular, we line the Moon up with a star, observe it from two different locations, and use the apparent shift in the Moon's position to get its distance. The only real difference is one of scale; the baseline stretches from here to the island of Tahiti, and the distance we want to measure is several hundred thousand kilometers!

A lunar occultation provides a convenient opportunity to determine the Moon's position with respect to the stars.
And that is one of the earlier methods of measuring the distance to the moon.
As in: III.1 The Moon Parallax The method by Lalande and La Caille (1752)

So how do you know when you point it at what you believe to be the ISS that it is indeed 400km away? How can you assert that it is 400km away from your telescope picture alone?
Answered with the video above.

The picture is rubbish. Not proof and just shows what low standards you have as long as it fits your bias.
I'll ignore you petty insults.

You need to look through a true lens, not one with so many preconceived notions and BS
Or make a measurement as above!
What about trying to learn something instead of being forever so insulting, negative and argumentative?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2019, 04:00:37 AM »
What about trying to learn something instead of being forever so insulting, negative and argumentative?

Or given it's your bedtime of 10PM QLD time, you could put on your pajamas and go to bed while the adults in the room continue the talking

None of the pictures you have posted were taken with '2 telescopes at different locations'. No backyard amateur does that. Just point and look. And what is it you are looking at? Well a white dot becomes a bigger white dot in most cases with no way to tell its true size or distance.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2019, 04:31:49 AM »

None of the pictures you have posted were taken with '2 telescopes at different locations'. No backyard amateur does that.
Incorrect! Scott Manley and his daughter used two telescopes cameras in different locations.
And I have videos by Reds Rhetoric who has done the same though with one Nikon P-1000 camera and another without quite as much zoom.

Just point and look. And what is it you are looking at? Well a white dot becomes a bigger white dot in most cases with no way to tell its true size or distance.
So you didn't even look at the video because the distance to the ISS was not determined from any white dot.

In fact in Scott Manley's the ISS was quite a well-shaped silhouette against the Sun!

So much for you "white dot ::)"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 03:40:19 PM by rabinoz »

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2019, 05:51:22 AM »

If I point a telescope at the moon. It doesn't tell me the size or distance.... So how do you know when you point it at what you believe to be the ISS that it is indeed 400km away? How can you assert that it is 400km away from your telescope picture alone?

And yours is the “true lens”, is it?

If you ask me, your insistence that nothing can be determined to any degree of confidence and that any 2 opinions are equally valid is as much dogmatic bullshit as anyone who claims to have all the answers.

You lecture people on how you believe they should think as much as anyone else here. But that’s  just your own fallible opinion, and your own preconceptions, not some higher truth.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »

Amateur telescope is simple device with only lenses and maybe mirrors.
How the "nowadays technology" can be applied to so many of them to see ISS in orbit?
Wouldn't such piece of "deceiving equipment" look strange in all those telescopes around the world?
How would you hide it?
simple amateurs never observe this. those who claim to observe it either work in nasa, or their relatives work in nasa, or after a while they are invited to activities where they can receive money from nasa. but NASA never pays wages to ordinary people. For example it can pay you, but never pay me. Because you are able to see objects never existed.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2019, 03:13:08 AM »
How would you hide it?
simple amateurs never observe this. those who claim to observe it either work in nasa, or their relatives work in nasa, or after a while they are invited to activities where they can receive money from nasa. but NASA never pays wages to ordinary people. For example it can pay you, but never pay me. Because you are able to see objects never existed.
Incorrect! Any simple amateur can observe the ISS if they want to.

And the rest of what you say is simply not true.
It's just a fairytale that you made up because you have to pretend that satellites do not exist.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2019, 03:18:26 AM »
How would you hide it?

It's just a fairytale that you made up because you have to pretend that satellites do not exist.

I would love to see an ISS float by. Yet I haven't.

You may have but then we know you're a shill. You claim you dont get paid. NASA must love having you work for them (for free no less!)

Know your place

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2019, 03:19:07 AM »
Whoever claimed that? It just sounds like a story you made up to suit the occasion.

Quote from: sceptimatic

It's a load of tosh.
Because I don't have an "amateur telescopes" or a suitable camera.
You don't have anything other than reading books and internet to peruse...and the ability to simply follow and appeal to authority at every turn.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2019, 03:23:51 AM »
You don't have anything other than reading books and internet to peruse...and the ability to simply follow and appeal to authority at every turn.
And you have the ability to observe the ISS with the unaided eye, binoculars, telescope or camera whichever you choose.

But you won't because a little bit of research might make your fantasy world come tumbling down!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2019, 09:44:27 AM »
How would you hide it?

I would love to see an ISS float by. Yet I haven't.

You may have but then we know you're a shill. You claim you dont get paid. NASA must love having you work for them (for free no less!)

What do logical fallacies have to do with the argument at hand.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Yes

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2019, 11:05:27 AM »
I would love to see an ISS float by.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2019, 11:09:54 AM »

Know your place

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2019, 12:16:54 PM »
I would rather see the star link trail.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

JackBlack

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »
simple amateurs never observe this.
No, plenty do. You not liking that doesn't negate it.
Do you have any rational objection to it, or just cries of an even bigger conspiracy?
Just were is NASA getting all this money to pay off these people?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2019, 02:12:25 PM »

Sorry, but I dont take 'shrooms
Sorry, but you'll never see "an THE ISS float by" but:

International space station crossing Canberra 19/10/2019

by Faisal Mumtaz captured by me.

ISS with @Astro_Alex flying over Germany by Dji_Aviation

You are will not see the ISS if you won't look in the right direction at the right time.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2019, 03:06:31 PM »

Sorry, but I dont take 'shrooms
Sorry, but you'll never see "an THE ISS float by" but:

International space station crossing Canberra 19/10/2019

by Faisal Mumtaz captured by me.

ISS with @Astro_Alex flying over Germany by Dji_Aviation

You are will not see the ISS if you won't look in the right direction at the right time.

So your saying I wasn't wrong. Thanks

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »

So your saying I wasn't wrong. Thanks
Where did I say that? You said,
And I just said that you'd by dissapointed, "Sorry, but you'll never see 'an THE ISS float by' ".

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2020, 11:25:05 AM »
There aren't satellites but submarine cable system. I'm not in the side of people who think earth's moving upward, but it would so, satellites would not crashed anything.
There are millions of dishes pointing at tv broadcast satellites, the angles prove the geostationary positions.

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2020, 02:27:40 PM »
I think talking to this guy may shed some light on your argument.
https://sattrackcam.blogspot.com/
But in all honesty to prove satellites exist all you really have to do is look up at the right time and place guided by one of the many free apps.
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2020, 03:24:29 AM »
.....sorrry wrong link, this is the one that goes with the most recent story involving the author of the blog.
https://www.thespacereview.com/article/3277/1

The story in a nutshell is this guy, Marco Langbroek, identified and tracked a previously unknown American spy satellite. The Americans were not well pleased! For those that love detail this guy, Marco, dishes plenty of it. The moral of this story is “ you can’t keep a secret” in today’s connected world as there are people like Marco around to expose the truth.

In fact you want to learn how to track satellites, spy ones and all, join one of these amateur groups
https://www.calsky.com/cs.cgi/Satellites/0?
Using this link you can set your own Satellite observation station up as knowing your precise location it will feed you information on all the known satellites you will be able to see.

For those that doubt the existence of satellites this is a fairly simple experiment to carry out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:42:34 AM by Timeisup »
Really…..what a laugh!!!