spotlight

• 18 Replies
spotlight
« on: January 21, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »
Ok. So according to you FEs the sun is a spotlight shining on one part of the earth at a time. Now we all know that for certain months during the year the sun is continually shining on the North Pole. This has also been proven to be the same for the South Pole.

Q: Think about it. If the earth was flat then the sun could never shine on any part of the south pole or "ice wall" for 24 hours or more, Seen as the "ice wall" encircles the earth and the sun keeps circling close to and then far away from it.

If any FEs choose to refer me to the FAQ or use the "conspiracy" in your reply I will personally vix you so as to avoid spreading your seed.

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/people/images/inset-LucidS-5-large.jpg

Q: The sun is a spotlight yes? Because the only way in which the Flat earth model can possibly work is using that theory. Well as the rest of the planets are also lit up by the sun this is obviously incorrect. As the sun therefore emits light in every direction the flat earth model does not work.

Note: the other stars do not light up these other eight planets. They do not light themselves. The conspiracy does not and cannot come into this.

Question 1 here may seem to some to contradict question 2. But if you think it through they are both merely reasons that both prove FE is wrong and fit with the flat earth model.

Finally. By way of common sense and the understanding and interpreting of facts known world wide the conspiracy theory is wrong. I urge all Real earthers to post every reason they know that the conspiracy is wrong.

E.g. the sheer scale of governments, NASA, other astronauts, media persons and Eskimos that would need to be in on it is too large, this "conspiracy" would quite literally have imploded years ago due to common sense (again) and the unreliability of humans.

If anybody would like a more comprehensive list of why the FEers are wrong please ask and I will try and get back to you.

P.s. I still canít understand if this site is a massive leftover April fools or not.
"keyboard not detected. Press any key to continue"

spotlight
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 05:10:17 PM »
P.s. I still canít understand if this site is a massive leftover April fools or not.

Ive tried to explain that this is all a joke I am largely responsible for, but nobody will believe me.

Re: spotlight
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:19:36 PM »
Quote from: "vdp"

Q: Think about it. If the earth was flat then the sun could never shine on any part of the south pole or "ice wall" for 24 hours or more, Seen as the "ice wall" encircles the earth and the sun keeps circling close to and then far away from it.

Q: The sun is a spotlight yes? Because the only way in which the Flat earth model can possibly work is using that theory. Well as the rest of the planets are also lit up by the sun this is obviously incorrect. As the sun therefore emits light in every direction the flat earth model does not work.

Question 1-I do not have an answer for that. I don't know very much about the FE theory as I am a new convert, but I'm sure someone else may answer it for you.

Question 2-The other planets give off their own light, much like the moon.

*Nibbles on kitten*
Nibbles on kitten*

spotlight
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 05:44:50 PM »
:lol: Yes remind us about, the imaginary lens floating mysteriously between the sun and the earth, keeping track constantly with the suns movements, lighting up angular segments of the earth at any one time.

?

GeoGuy

spotlight
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
Based upon the fact that you're eighty-three years old, you certainly seem to know your way around the internet, Charles.

I find that unusual as well.

spotlight
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 05:53:11 PM »
Is that another one of your scientific principles? Only those under 83 could possibly have knowledge of the internet?

Thats probably your best one yet.

They should add that to one of those stickies. Its the most sound scientific reasoning Ive seen all night

spotlight
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 05:54:32 PM »
I stopped reading because you sound boring. But this idea that there's 24 hour sun at the South Pole is clearly a lie spread as part of the RE conspiracy.

?

GeoGuy

spotlight
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 05:56:08 PM »
Quote from: "CharlesJohnson"
Is that another one of your scientific principles? Only those under 83 could possibly have knowledge of the internet?

Obviously not Charles. But you must admit that relatively few people above the age of seventy-five frequent internet forums.
Thats probably your best one yet.

Thank you, I thought so as well.
They should add that to one of those stickies. Its the most sound scientific reasoning Ive seen all night

The FE theory doesn't rely on scientific reasoning Charles. You should know that.

spotlight
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

The FE theory doesn't rely on scientific reasoning Charles. You should know that.

Youre right, it relies on cultists and fanatics spewing their uneducated opinions all over the internet.

?

GeoGuy

spotlight
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 06:04:16 PM »
Not at all, Charles. You, being an advocate of the Zetetic method, should know all about the FE society's reasoning.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
spotlight
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 07:02:26 PM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"

Youre right, it relies on cultists and fanatics spewing their uneducated opinions all over the internet.

Rather than beating around the bush, I'm going to try the blunt approach.

You're a damn impersonater, Charles.

spotlight
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »
I didn't think that needed stating...
Nibbles on kitten*

spotlight
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 03:08:19 AM »
if the sun orbits over the FE equator then wouldnt the sun look bigger from the equator than from the pole? this isnt really the case is it.
tf?

spotlight
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 02:15:37 PM »
Okay back to the point... could someone please explain to me, why it is
that the sun acts like a spotlight, and does not emit radiation uniformly in
all directions? I haven't seen a decent explanation for this anywhere,
yet its assumed to be the case in so many arguments.

Spotlights are not natural phenomena, they are man made inventions that
come about through intentionally focusing uniformly distributed light.

So what is it? Is there a giant lens in the sky that follows the sun around?
Or is the sun surrounded by massive curved mirrors?

spotlight
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »
I'm still waiting for an intelligent response to this.
People shouldn't suggest stupid things if they can't back them up.

Perhaps TheEngineer would like a shot, he seems to be in
a talkative mood tonight.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
spotlight
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »
Okay back to the point... could someone please explain to me, why it is
that the sun acts like a spotlight, and does not emit radiation uniformly in
all directions? I haven't seen a decent explanation for this anywhere,
yet its assumed to be the case in so many arguments.

There is no "why" and it's pointless to ask.  "Why" is subjective perspective.  Why do kids ask so many questions?  They usually learn that there is no reason behind things, or they learn to just shut their trap.  

They can't explain "why" because it's just their model.  We can't explain why we think the sun shines in all directions.  Reminds me of a humorous story:  Does a tree falling in the woods make any sound when no one is around?  It's not meant to be answered: it's meant to blow your freaking mind.  

Same with all the quantum weirdness.  Wave-particle duality; Shroedinger's Cat; et cetera.  

To sum it all up:  Why ask why?  Try bud dry.

spotlight
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 03:25:26 AM »
Well there would still have to be some explanation for that. Its one of the
founding assumptions for the flat earth model, and the only evidence they
have of it being true, is that it supports their model.  :roll:

Its like someone asking: How do birds fly, and me replying: Its because
the air surrounding their wings momentarilly increses in density, helping to
make flight easier. It would be completely ludicrous, unless I had some
other
reason to beleive that this might be the case.

I haven't even asked them to prove it, just to provide some other
evidence (either experimental or theoretical) to back up this idea.

You won't find any founding principle in real science that doesn't
agree with at least two other expected results.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
Re: spotlight
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 08:53:56 AM »
Quote from: "vdp"

Regardless of whether or not that was a question, Erasmus proposed a very reasonable explanation how there could still be daylight 24/7 in the winter months of the south.  It is a mathematical result of Snell's Law and is also easily demonstrated physically:

When light passes from a medium of lesser index of refraction to one with greater index of refraction, Snell's law indicates that the ray bends toward the normal to the interface. The reverse occurs when the passage is in the other direction. In this latter circumstance a special situation arises when Snell's law predicts a value for the sine of the refracted angle greater than one. This is physically untenable. What actually happens is that the incident wave is reflected from the interface. This phenomenon is called total internal reflection.

I: incident
R: reflected

When the sun is closer to the edge of the atmosphere (near the ice wall) a minimum angle for internal total reflection is reached and thus light is reflected continually around the perimeter of the FE, producing constant daylight in the south.

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
spotlight
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »
Its like someone asking: How do birds fly, and me replying: Its because
the air surrounding their wings momentarilly increses in density, helping to
make flight easier. It would be completely ludicrous, unless I had some
other
reason to beleive that this might be the case.

I can tell we are aiming at different targets in this discussion.  So let me respond to my part first:

Asking "how" birds fly is dramatically different from asking "why" birds fly.  I don't think I really need to detail the reasons behind this.  We have to be very careful with the words we choose because of errors such as this.  Now, you are asking why the sun acts like a spotlight.  Need I say more?

For your part of the discussion, I assume you want to know how the spotlight works, right?  Well, I don't know; you're going to have to wait for an FE'er to respond.  Which might not happen, sorry.