Dem Watch 2020

• 9 Replies

Stash

Dem Watch 2020
« on: December 04, 2019, 12:33:53 AM »
Each week we should bet on the next Dem to drop culminating in the foreshadowing of the DNC Nom.

Betting begins, who is the next to drop out? Each cycle is 7 days, starting with today, oddly, Tuesday. Double points for predicting a 2-fer in the week cycle. We are now in week 1. Put your bet in brackets, e.g., [Week 1 - Bennet] Vitriolic reason: Who? Something like that.

Vitriolic reasons why your pick is doomed is very much appreciated and rewarded.

My first pick:

[Week 1 - Booker] Money. Raising nothing, needs to preserve at least a minimal standing as Junior Senator to remain a senator.

Shifter

• ASI
Re: Dem Watch 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 01:40:40 AM »
Hard to say who is next. Most of them are likely to lose

I've not even heard of this Yang character in any circle. I'll bet him. He's probably a plant by the Chinese anyway trying to get America to soften up over trade, Taiwan and the South China Sea

'President Castro'. I just cant see that happening thanks to Cuba

'President Buttgieg'. Too much. Everyone will just say President Butt and that would just be embarrassing

Gabbard and Williamson look hot enough but in all likelihood it will comedown to the 2 oldest 'white men' in there. Biden vs Bloomberg. I go Bloomberg simply because after all the trouble Trump has got himself into in getting a foreign country to investigate him, it would be sucked in if it was utterly pointless.

But put me down for Yang. I dont trust that smile.

Stash

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 01:52:40 AM »
Hard to say who is next. Most of them are likely to lose

I've not even heard of this Yang character in any circle. I'll bet him. He's probably a plant by the Chinese anyway trying to get America to soften up over trade, Taiwan and the South China Sea

'President Castro'. I just cant see that happening thanks to Cuba

'President Buttgieg'. Too much. Everyone will just say President Butt and that would just be embarrassing

Gabbard and Williamson look hot enough but in all likelihood it will comedown to the 2 oldest 'white men' in there. Biden vs Bloomberg. I go Bloomberg simply because after all the trouble Trump has got himself into in getting a foreign country to investigate him, it would be sucked in if it was utterly pointless.

All solid summations of the field.

Shifter down for [Week 1 - Yang]

So far we have:

[Week 1 - Booker]
[Week 1 - Yang]

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:41:26 AM »
None of these candidates stand a chance unless something happens to the economy: we will know more as they enter the first primaries in February, as to who is going to drop out (Williamson among the first to do so).

Even if "Trump" is impeached or nothing happens in the Senate, or he receives a simple censure vote, or if Pence becomes President, or if another Republican steps in and wins the nomination, the Democratic candidates cannot win.

Now, we know that the last economic crisis was due to the repo event in 2007:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180210192610/https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/sites/gsb/files/fin_11_17_gorton.pdf

This time around the effect of the repo crisis in September 2019 will be different: a rise in inflation, which will cause the Fed, in my opinion, to raise rates next year, either before the election, or soon after.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:44:21 AM by sandokhan »

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 03:31:21 PM »
Why does Biden look confused on where he is at and what he is doing?

You have been fooled. That is his long-term constipation face.

5 ounces of magnesium for 3 days straight and he will look like the others.
Quote from: Crutchwater
Quote from: FlatOrange
You can't murder a suicide victim
Tell that to Epstein!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »
I didn't realize some of the candidates were still running, and I've never even heard of Bennet.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 02:28:16 AM »
I'm waiting for Biden to show up for a rally in the wrong state.
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

Stash

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »
I didn't realize some of the candidates were still running, and I've never even heard of Bennet.

I know, same, never heard of the guy. I think he is the equivalent of me running for the Nom.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »

I know, same, never heard of the guy. I think he is the equivalent of me running for the Nom.

Makes you wonder if the Celine:Mom  ticket really could have a chance.   :)
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Stash

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 06:06:29 PM »

Makes you wonder if the Celine:Mom  ticket really could have a chance.   :)

I think if we all here chipped in a few bucks each to the Celine:Mom ticket they would have just as much in their warchest as that Bennet guy. And probably a better chance...