Strongest FE Evidence

• 778 Replies

mak3m

Re: Strongest FE Evidence
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2019, 04:36:54 AM »
http://basketball.ballparks.com/NBA/TorontoRaptors/index.htm

rising 282 feet at its highest point

https://www.ellisdon.com/news/raising-the-roof-torontos-rogers-centre-remains-a-marvel/

Consisting of 339,343 square feet in area, weighing 11,000 tonnes and reaching a height of 282 feet, Keller says it was remarkable how quiet the roof was when moved.

That's 86 meters.

Courtesy of the FES we will add 5 meters.

From an altitude of 5 meters, over a distance of 50 km, absolutely and positively you won't be able to see the rooftop of the Sky Dome (80 meters, since we can see at least ten meters from the top), using the most sophisticated refraction formula.

What hidden shoreline?

Everything is in plain view.

Where is the 59 meter curvature?

Nowhere in sight.

Again flip flopping (kind way of saying you are manipulating the facts or down right lying)

So from your own source the

elevation of the photograph is 195m, the escarpment at Grimbsy, with toronto 53km

do the math
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #481 on: December 02, 2019, 04:41:19 AM »

NOW, SINCE YOU MENTIONED THE OSHAWA PHOTOGRAPH, AND NOW YOU KNOW IT IS REAL, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT.

Tallest building in Oshawa: Summit Place, 64.5 meters

CURVATURE: 184 METERS

Distance Grimsby - Oshawa: 97 kilometers

No refraction formula is going to come to the rescue for the RE.
Really? Then why did Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn have this to say about Oshawa from Grimsby:
Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario by Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn ©2007
June 10, 2004
The lights of Oshawa (97km across the lake) seen with false horizon. On a normal day Oshawa can't be seen.

And why were those photos on a page labeled "Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario"? In other words, they were, apart from the first under quite abnormal conditions.

No refraction formula is going to help you with this one either.

You have to explain it, otherwise the surface of lake Ontario is flat.
I haven’t seen that picture in years. Maybe you are confused as to what causes a mirage. The picture came from a mirage collection. Refraction will “save” us. What won’t save you is how it’s not an every night occurrence. Also some of the pictures has the buildings upside down. Mirage.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #482 on: December 02, 2019, 04:43:07 AM »
NOW, SINCE YOU MENTIONED THE OSHAWA PHOTOGRAPH, AND NOW YOU KNOW IT IS REAL, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT.

Really? Then why did Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn have this to say about Oshawa from Grimsby:
Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario by Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn ©2007
June 10, 2004
The lights of Oshawa (97km across the lake) seen with false horizon. On a normal day Oshawa can't be seen.

And why were those photos on a page labeled "Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario"? In other words, they were, apart from the first under quite abnormal conditions.

Really? And what about refraction severe enough to cause a mirage? Did you ignore the title of that whole page of photos?
Read it again! "Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario by Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn ©2007."
Now stop being a total ignoramus and face some facts for once in your life!

Quote from: sandokhan
You have to explain it, otherwise the surface of lake Ontario is flat.
Rubbish, again!

No, I don't "have to explain it"! The photographer herself said this: Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario by Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn ©2007
June 10, 2004
The lights of Oshawa (97km across the lake) seen with false horizon. On a normal day Oshawa can't be seen.[/quote]

Don't you have any understanding of what anomalous refraction and mirages are? You'd better learn quick-smart!

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #483 on: December 02, 2019, 04:53:15 AM »
Original threads:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=22317.msg718436#msg718436

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61856.msg1624904#msg1624904

The second one even contains the original photograph.

The RE called Ms. Lecky-Hepburn and found that the altitude was 170 meters. I had to accept that figure.

Refraction will “save” us.

Use the best refraction formula and see that it will not save you.

Really? And what about refraction severe enough to cause a mirage?

Use the best refraction formula and see that it will not save you.

Mirages over Lake Ontario as seen from Grimsby, Ontario by Kerry-Ann Lecky Hepburn ©2007.

That is the title of the page. However, most of the photographs included are NOT mirages.

No, I don't "have to explain it"!

BUT YOU HAVE TO!

UNLESS YOU DO, I win.

Here are facts:

IF YOU CANNOT OR WILL NOT EXPLAIN IT, I CLAIM IMMEDIATELY THAT THERE IS NO CURVATURE BETWEEN GRIMSBY AND OSHAWA.

Explain this also.

Now, let us go to the strait of Gibraltar.

This time around we even have a VIDEO.

No curvature across the strait of Gibraltar, no ascending slope, no midpoint 3.5 meter visual obstacle, a perfectly flat surface of the water all the way to Africa:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x42v7ip

38:28 to 38:35

From the same spot, a splendid photograph:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlosromero/130948289#

mak3m

« Reply #484 on: December 02, 2019, 05:01:32 AM »
No it doesnt contain the original image you are lying.

You have spread yourself to thin this time old chap.

In your advanced flat earth theory thread, the like of me cant quote it, you have various images, from various locations, at various elevations, and in each example you calculate BD to be 59m.

Do the math or concede.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #485 on: December 02, 2019, 05:04:01 AM »
VERY BAD NEWS FOR THE RE!

THE COMPUTED VISUAL OBSTACLE FOR THE OSHAWA PHOTOGRAPH IS 200 METERS.

That is, from an altitude of 170 meters (Grimsby), over a distance of 97 km, nothing under 200 m could be seen from Oshawa.

There is no curvature whatsoever between Grimsby and Oshawa.

mak3m

« Reply #486 on: December 02, 2019, 05:08:08 AM »
VERY BAD NEWS FOR THE RE!

THE COMPUTED VISUAL OBSTACLE FOR THE OSHAWA PHOTOGRAPH IS 200 METERS.

That is, from an altitude of 170 meters (Grimsby), over a distance of 97 km, nothing under 200 m could be seen from Oshawa.

There is no curvature whatsoever between Grimsby and Oshawa.

199.8 actually

So if the earth is flat you can just zoom in and show me a detailed photograph of Oshawa, without any details missing?

Back to Toronto do the math

« Reply #487 on: December 02, 2019, 05:14:07 AM »
Lighthouses! Lol!

Q. Do you know something else which can travel in perfectly straight lines, Sandokhan, aside from light?

A. UHF and VHF two-way radio signals.

Q. Guess what these higher frequency radio waves can't do?

A. Travel beyond the horizon. That's why they are called line of sight radio signals, and the maximum communication range, for those radios, is the distance to the horizon.

Sandokhan, none of your stupid lake photos can be verified. It's all hearsay evidence, which is worthless.  Why don't you go to the lake yourself, if you're so invested in this belief of yours, and take your own damn photos?

mak3m

« Reply #488 on: December 02, 2019, 05:17:01 AM »
It's all Strongest FE hearsay evidence, which is worthless. 

FTFY

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #489 on: December 02, 2019, 05:26:35 AM »
That's why they are called line of sight radio signals, and the maximum communication range, for those radios, is the distance to the horizon.

Those are ripples in the sea of ether, i.e. Herztian waves (transverse waves).

Tesla used only non-Hertzian waves, longitudinal waves.

So if the earth is flat you can just zoom in and show me a detailed photograph of Oshawa, without any details missing?

Cut the crap.

You have to deal with this:

Here are facts:

IF YOU CANNOT OR WILL NOT EXPLAIN IT, I CLAIM IMMEDIATELY THAT THERE IS NO CURVATURE BETWEEN GRIMSBY AND OSHAWA.

Explain this also.

Now, let us go to the strait of Gibraltar.

This time around we even have a VIDEO.

No curvature across the strait of Gibraltar, no ascending slope, no midpoint 3.5 meter visual obstacle, a perfectly flat surface of the water all the way to Africa:

Deal with this also:

Islands in front of the shoreline clearly visible, light appear well before anything else that can be seen from the shoreline itself.

170 m altitude, distance 55 km, NOTHING UNDER 5 METERS COULD BE SEEN.

Yet, we have everything in plain sight.

« Reply #490 on: December 02, 2019, 05:30:21 AM »
Well, it is worthless. Sandokhan says a photo was taken at a certain elevation and distance from the subject buildings, by Mrs Maple, and he automatically believes it. Captain Cock says says the refraction index was a certain figure when exhibit photo B is presented, and Sandokhan presents it as an undisputed fact.

You gat an A +++ for gullibility, Sandokhan. Any time you want to try verifying and testing the evidence of flatness you bring to the table, would be a good time.

mak3m

« Reply #491 on: December 02, 2019, 06:22:48 AM »

Deal with this also:

Islands in front of the shoreline clearly visible, light appear well before anything else that can be seen from the shoreline itself.

170 m altitude, distance 55 km, NOTHING UNDER 5 METERS COULD BE SEEN.

Yet, we have everything in plain sight.

You mean the target hidden height 5.6142m of course, a calculation which has nothing to do with BD = (R + h)/{[2Rh + h2]1/2(sin s/R)(1/R) + cos s/R} - R or BD = (R + h)/[[RAD[2Rh + h^2](sin s/R)(1/R) + cos s/R]] - R depending on which formula you cut and paste.

So where was this photograph taken, its not a zoom of Ms Lecky Hepburns shot, which was taken from the high spot of the Grimsby Escarpment high point, which is 194m btw, as the buildings are a different orientation, the lighting is different and the elevation is different. You have been asked to clarify this a number of times and you refuse to?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #492 on: December 02, 2019, 06:40:26 AM »
The RE called the photographer, exactly for this pic. They said: 170 meters. That is the figure I have used ever since, I had to accept their word for it.

Even if you ascend to 213 m (Vinemount Ridge), so that nothing could be seen under 1 centimeter, it still won't help you: we can the lights from the islands right in front of the shoreline.

mak3m

« Reply #493 on: December 02, 2019, 07:04:44 AM »
The RE called the photographer, exactly for this pic. They said: 170 meters. That is the figure I have used ever since, I had to accept their word for it.

Even if you ascend to 213 m (Vinemount Ridge), so that nothing could be seen under 1 centimeter, it still won't help you: we can the lights from the islands right in front of the shoreline.

I've just been on the phone to the FE they say you are mistaken.

Posting again
http://blog.weatherandsky.com/2014/05/the-toronto-skyline.html

Here is the shot, and the zoom

Note the missing details.

Nobody knows where your shot is from or where it was taken.

Here are the missing details you need to account for, which you cant.

They are NOT in your picture

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #494 on: December 02, 2019, 07:20:29 AM »
The photograph from the blog is dated 2014.

The zoom is from 2004.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080117192830/http://www.weatherandsky.com/Mirages/Mirages.html

The link to the zoom was: http://www.weatherandsky.com/Mirages/Toronto2.jpg.

The original photograph appeared here, as an example, the message has not been edited at all:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61856.msg1624904#msg1624904

The RE, at that time, had the original links and they verified the photograph is real. Had I not produced the source for the pics, they would have mentioned this fact from the very start.

mak3m

« Reply #495 on: December 02, 2019, 07:30:50 AM »
The photograph from the blog is dated 2014.

The zoom is from 2004.

Thats my point, you originally said it was a zoom of a 2014 photo.

Your links still don't show the image.

I don't understand your argument, the RE had the links???

Evidence is evidence, you have it or you don't, you cannot base an argument on something somebody once verified 15 years ago?

I have provided you with a link for Ms Lecky Hepburn's image and zoom, from a location you roughly agree with, with an elevation we can agree to agree.

WHERE ARE THE ISLANDS, AIRPORT, QUAYS, AND DOCKS?

They are all missing from the photographs

http://blog.weatherandsky.com/2014/05/the-toronto-skyline.html

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #496 on: December 02, 2019, 07:41:05 AM »
You have the link to the original website.

Yes, this message has the original photograph, as it was posted by me at that time:

They had full access to it: http://www.weatherandsky.com/Mirages/Toronto2.jpg.

I repeat, had I not produced the original link with the correct source, they would have never even debated that photograph right from the start.

The pic is from 2004, it was published on the official website of Ms. Kerry-Ann Lecky-Hepburn.

If the other pics do not show the very same details, that's too bad.

mak3m

« Reply #497 on: December 02, 2019, 07:51:17 AM »
You have the link to the original website.

Yes, this message has the original photograph, as it was posted by me at that time:

They had full access to it: http://www.weatherandsky.com/Mirages/Toronto2.jpg.

I repeat, had I not produced the original link with the correct source, they would have never even debated that photograph right from the start.

The pic is from 2004, it was published on the official website of Ms. Kerry-Ann Lecky-Hepburn.

If the other pics do not show the very same details, that's too bad.

You are lying to your readers

Following your link, on that thread there are links to Toronto skylines, but your doctored shot is a photobucket link.

it makes no difference.

You provided this picture as evidence of no earth curvature

on the same link by the same photographer

PLEASE POINT TO THE ISLANDS, AIRPORT, DOCKS, QUAYS ETC. ETC.  ALL YOUR LINKS, ALL YOUR CALCULATIONS, WHERE ARE THEY? WHAT CAN BE OBSCURING THEM?

If you post up the blurry lights in an oval frame and say tahdah we will all know you are talking rubbish.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #498 on: December 02, 2019, 07:57:37 AM »
I was able to retrieve the original page from my own files:

What the other photographs do not feature is the 59 METER CURVATURE: no midpoint curvature, no descending slope.

PLEASE POINT TO THE ISLANDS, AIRPORT, DOCKS, QUAYS ETC. ETC.

I never said that the other pic does have these features.

You are going to have to deal with this one:

I have produced the original link, and the original page as well.

« Reply #499 on: December 02, 2019, 08:11:26 AM »

Oh, but it does:

If the vertical temperature gradient is +12.9 °C per 100 meters (where the positive sign means temperature gets hotter as one goes higher) then horizontal light rays will just follow the curvature of the Earth, and the horizon will appear flat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage#Superior_mirage

You keep repeating this stupid line, as if the standard refraction formula is the only possible case, despite it being repeatedly explained that it’s only an estimate based on common conditions.

Refraction causes other effects too, such as stretching and distorting objects nears the horizon, as is clearly seen on the Roberts dome in the above video.

Between the Earth’s curvature and various amounts of refraction, EVERY photo you (or indeed any other flat earther) has provided can be COMPLETELY EXPLAINED.

The comical thing about flat earthers dismissing the effects of refraction, is it’s exactly the same science as lenses.  Without which they would be no cameras, no YouTube, no P900s and no modern Flat Eartherism at all.

Speaking of cameras, you have still COMPLETELY FAILED to explain your ridiculous claim about “camera limitations” that somehow raise the water level.  Without this, you have NO CASE.

mak3m

« Reply #500 on: December 02, 2019, 08:16:23 AM »
If you are not using an image for evidence of non curvature, its probably best you dont post it as evidence of non curvature.

So we have another hosted image of the shots, but the images are not on the link.

Can you post the day light shot of the alleged zoomed in image.

They both appear to have been taken at a location not in Grimsby, looking at the details we can see , they are different locations and different magnifications.

Would like to know why its described as a 4.5inch reflector, but no mention of the focal length?, where does the oval frame come from, its not the view you get through a Newtonian reflector, why can she get a better zoom on a 400mm lense on her camera?

Remember this is your strongest evidence, not sure why its like pulling teeth.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #501 on: December 02, 2019, 08:30:30 AM »
Would like to know why its described as a 4.5inch reflector, but no mention of the focal length?, where does the oval frame come from, its not the view you get through a Newtonian reflector, why can she get a better zoom on a 400mm lense on her camera?

This I cannot answer, I only posted the original page/photograph as they were published in 2007.

Ms. Kerry-Ann Lecky-Hepburn is the best known photographer in Grimsby, that is where all of the photographs were taken.

Now, I have debated this photograph for years here.

I repeat: had I not produced the original link to the photograph nobody would have entered any debate with me.

This alone is proof that I posted the original photographs.

So, you are going to have to deal with this:

You keep repeating this stupid line, as if the standard refraction formula is the only possible case, despite it being repeatedly explained that it’s only an estimate based on common conditions.

Not my line, but yours. I never commented on anything else other than the claims and information brought up by you, the RE.

If the vertical temperature gradient is +12.9 °C per 100 meters (where the positive sign means temperature gets hotter as one goes higher) then horizontal light rays will just follow the curvature of the Earth, and the horizon will appear flat.

Obviously, this is the first time you have ever encountered these issues concerning the terrestrial refraction.

Do you understand what you have just posted? YOU HAVE POSTED THE INFORMATION FOR K>=1, DUCTING, THE MOST SEVERE ATMOSPHERIC CONDITION POSSIBLE.

It takes place at the poles, since you need at least a five degree difference between the observer and the visual target.

Now, 13°C per 100 m is 130 °C per kilometer: not even the worst enemies of the FES, the folks at metabunk, will ever claim something like this. They use the 30°C per kilometer figure for these kinds of discussion.

So you have never debated these issues before, this much is obvious.

« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2019, 08:51:58 AM »

Not my line, but yours. I never commented on anything else other than the claims and information brought up by you, the RE.

No, this stupid line : “No refraction formula is going to come to the rescue for RE”

Obviously, this is the first time you have ever encountered these issues concerning the terrestrial refraction.

Nope.

Do you understand what you have just posted? YOU HAVE POSTED THE INFORMATION FOR K>=1, DUCTING, THE MOST SEVERE ATMOSPHERIC CONDITION POSSIBLE.

It’s a severe example, but since you haven’t posted any images with nothing obscured by the horizon at all, it doesn’t even matter. 

It takes place at the poles, since you need at least a five degree difference between the observer and the visual target.

It usually happens over ice, or cold water.  It’s perfectly possible for refraction approaching this level on the Great Lakes, which I’m lead to believe can get quite cold.

Now, 13°C per 100 m is 130 °C per kilometer: not even the worst enemies of the FES, the folks at metabunk, will ever claim something like this. They use the 30°C per kilometer figure for these kinds of discussion.

LOL.  VERTICAL temperature gradient, not horizontal.

If you understood how refraction works, or bothered to read properly, this would be obvious.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #503 on: December 02, 2019, 09:02:59 AM »
“No refraction formula is going to come to the rescue for RE”

Yes, it holds true.

It’s a severe example

The worst. It takes place at/near the poles, since that is the only place you'll get that temperature differential.

VERTICAL temperature gradient, not horizontal.

Yes, that is what I said.

Don't you understand? The temperature over a small portion of a distance at the same latitude/longitude will be similar, especially over a lake, at the observer and on the other shoreline.

« Reply #504 on: December 02, 2019, 09:12:52 AM »
“No refraction formula is going to come to the rescue for RE”

Yes, it holds true.

It’s a severe example

The worst. It takes place at/near the poles, since that is the only place you'll get that temperature differential.

VERTICAL temperature gradient, not horizontal.

Yes, that is what I said.

Don't you understand? The temperature over a small portion of a distance at the same latitude/longitude will be similar, especially over a lake, at the observer and on the other shoreline.

Apparently I don’t understand.  Why do we need different vertical temperature gradients for the observer and target?

If there’s a temperature gradient over the lake, there will be refraction.

mak3m

« Reply #505 on: December 02, 2019, 10:18:39 AM »

This I cannot answer, I only posted the original page/photograph as they were published in 2007.

Ms. Kerry-Ann Lecky-Hepburn is the best known photographer in Grimsby, that is where all of the photographs were taken.

Now, I have debated this photograph for years here.

I repeat: had I not produced the original link to the photograph nobody would have entered any debate with me.

This alone is proof that I posted the original photographs.

So, you are going to have to deal with this:

No doesnt work like that, you obviously have the day image, as its cached on your hosted image.

Cant move onto tempreture until you sort out the location, it Cant be Grimsby unless buildings in Toronto can twist on their axis?

I have viewed very high detail images high resolution of the moon using a 5 inch reflector, 2 inch eye piece at 50x, can view the moon at 25degrees

Not sure why Toronto is so blurred, also no explanation of the oval frame, you just dont see that through a telescope.

It's your evidence, just posting it and shrugging is not acceptable.

So your best evidence is a photo you cant link, wont post the daylight version, you cant say where, what elevation or magnification is used?

While we are on where do you get your 59m bulge from, remember you have already pulled back from your original BD calculation and the mythical bulge you are incorrectly calculating in the wrong location.

Show your working

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #506 on: December 02, 2019, 10:33:19 AM »

So your best evidence is a photo you cant link

It was always linked to the source, right from the start.

It is the best evidence from Grimsby, Ms. Lecky-Hepburn is one of the best known photographers in the lake Ontario area.

While we are on where do you get your 59m bulge from

Are you scientifically illiterate?

Don't you know the curvature formula?

Do I have to spell it out for you?

C = R(1 - cos(s/2R))

s - distance
R - 6378.164 km

mak3m

« Reply #507 on: December 02, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »

So your best evidence is a photo you cant link

It was always linked to the source, right from the start.

It is the best evidence from Grimsby, Ms. Lecky-Hepburn is one of the best known photographers in the lake Ontario area.

While we are on where do you get your 59m bulge from

Are you scientifically illiterate?

Don't you know the curvature formula?

Do I have to spell it out for you?

C = R(1 - cos(s/2R))

s - distance
R - 6378.164 km

No doubt she is a good photographer from Grimsby,  citation needed for best.

Original link is to Mirages, later link is to weather phenomenon. So you are providing evidence that what can be seen is a mirage.

Are you saying on a flat earth it is not possible to see more than 50km with heavy magnification.

If I'm so illiterate pick one of your formula and do the math.

I wont hold my breath

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #508 on: December 02, 2019, 11:10:39 AM »
50 km is way too much for you.

NO curvature across 13 km and 34 km distances.

The English Channel: 34 km distance from Cap Gris Nez to Dover, a curvature of some 22.4 meters on a round earth.

The original webpages, as they were posted on flickr.com

The photographers located between Cap Blanc Nez and Cap Gris Nez: we will ascend to 30 meters.

And now the photograph itself: no curvature whatsoever, all the way to the other shoreline, the Dover cliffs seen in their entirety (on a round earth, from 30 meters, we could not see anything under 16.5 meters from the other side), the ships are not part of an ascending/descending slope, no midpoint curvature of 22.4 meters:

Another photograph taken right on the beach of Cap Gris Nez: no curvature over a distance of 34 km:

Dover cliffs:

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #509 on: December 02, 2019, 11:15:14 AM »
I was waiting for the Dover cliffs. See how in the long range picture there is a part where the white cliff face is missing?  See how that doesn’t exist in the close up picture?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.