Tesla is making an El Camino!

• 307 Replies
Re: Tesla is making an El Camino!
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2020, 06:09:36 AM »
If Elon Musk was so obsessed with saving the human race
Common man, give it some time, one luxury sedan at a time and we'll get there.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2020, 06:41:36 AM »
If Elon Musk was so obsessed with saving the human race he would find a nice large asteroid and change its trajectory so that it swings by close to the Earth every so often. As it does, the asteroid tugs on the Earth just that little bit to keep it in line with the Suns ever shifting 'Goldilocks zone'
Or, he could build a bunch of rockets big enough to start a colony on Mars and then keep expanding outwards.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2020, 10:24:36 PM »
If Elon Musk was so obsessed with saving the human race he would find a nice large asteroid and change its trajectory so that it swings by close to the Earth every so often. As it does, the asteroid tugs on the Earth just that little bit to keep it in line with the Suns ever shifting 'Goldilocks zone'

That would be of a magnificent scale more difficult than moving a million people to mars every 2 years.
You will
A - Need a VERY big rock to do that.
and
B -to move a VERY big rock, you will need a HUGE amount of energy . i.e. a absolutely massive rocket. The kind of rocket that is so big you could park an aircraft carrier in its combustion camber kind of big.

As Yes has stated, One step at a time
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2020, 10:48:22 PM »

That would be of a magnificent scale more difficult than moving a million people to mars every 2 years.
You will
A - Need a VERY big rock to do that.
and
B -to move a VERY big rock, you will need a HUGE amount of energy . i.e. a absolutely massive rocket. The kind of rocket that is so big you could park an aircraft carrier in its combustion camber kind of big.

As Yes has stated, One step at a time

Gravity tractor to move the asteroid in position. It's a long term project that would be millions of years in the making no doubt.

Mars is dead. No tectonic activity. Core doesn't spin. No magnetpshere. Too little mass to hold onto an atmosphere. One of the moons is set to collide with it later. Gravity too low for optimal human health and development. Receives too little solar energy due to the distance from the sun (at this time).

It's not a good planet to move to. If you could move there, you could fix Earth instead

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2020, 04:43:29 AM »
It will be easier to make mars habitable than to move earth.
If you have millions of years you could completely terraform Mars.

To add a whole new atmosphere to Mars by bombarding it with icy rocks from the asteroid belt.
Then building a magnetic coil around mars to stop energetic radiation from entering its atmosphere
In addition to doing the long tedius work of terraforming mars, which will include things like
- washing surface soil to remove salts so that it can be used for agriculture
- Increase atmospheric pressure to minimal human breathing level
- Balance the atmospheric chemistry so that humans can breathe (higher O2 levels depending on pressure)
- Find and/or genetically plants and animals that can populate mars

All of that will be done quicker and easier than to move earth any noticeable distance away from the sun.

That said, if we have the technology and infustructure to move earth away from the sun, we would have terraformed mars as well.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2020, 01:32:54 PM »
If we don't fix the environment pretty soon, staying in the sun's Goldilocks zone will be the least of our worries.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #306 on: February 08, 2020, 11:08:38 PM »
If we don't fix the environment pretty soon, staying in the sun's Goldilocks zone will be the least of our worries.
Also true

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #307 on: March 10, 2020, 05:54:32 PM »
Tesla has produced one million electric cars, the company’s CEO Elon Musk announced on Twitter. Musk made the announcement by sharing a picture of the car, a red Model Y, and congratulated the Tesla team on hitting the milestone. It’s a significant moment for an automaker that was only founded in 2003.

Tesla released its first consumer car, the Roadster, back in 2008, meaning it’s taken a little over twelve years to hit this million-car milestone. However, it could end up hitting the two million mark a lot sooner based on current targets. In its January earnings report, the company said it hopes to ship over 500,000 cars worldwide in 2020.