Himawari-8 Satellite and smoke from fires in Eastern Australia

• 12 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Himawari-8 Satellite and smoke from fires in Eastern Australia
« on: November 10, 2019, 02:00:05 PM »
In New South Wales and up here in Queensland, we've had rather devastating bushfires for quite a while.

So I wake up this morning to:

Sun through Smoke on November 11, 2019 at 5:56 AM

Sun's Disc through Smoke on November 11, 2019 at 5:55 AM

There's no need for a solar filter here this morning. The exposure was ISO 160 f8.0 at  1/2000 sec but no sunspots ;).

And recent evening news showed a time-lapse of the images from the Himawari 8 weather satellite. This is a satellite image for this part of Australia at 5:50 AM this morning:

Himarwai 8 image on BOM Satellite Viewer - Australia East Coast on November 11, 2019 at 5:50 AM.
This is a link to the satellite viewer for this region Satellite Viewer: Hi-resolution satellite imagery of Australian weather by Himawari.

I'm just south of Brisbane and no fires are very close to here but there are fires to the north, west and south leading to a very smokey morning here.
One thing that has surprised me is that California has fires that are probably much worse than here but we've had firefighters come from the USA to assist here - for which we are very grateful.

So if these images do not come from a satellite just where do they come from?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Himawari-8 Satellite and smoke from fires in Eastern Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 02:06:50 PM »
High altitude geostationary Trump Baby balloon?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »

That explains the faint but clearly audible sounds of whining and personal insults I keep hearing.
Nullius in Verba

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »
But I thought that the 'Baby Trump' balloon was stabbed and deflated at an Alabama protest.
That satellite photo was downloaded at about 6 AM local time (about 4 1/2 hours ago) ::).

And just how high does this Trump Baby balloon to 'orbit' to see this much of earth?

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 07:55:24 AM »
But I thought that the 'Baby Trump' balloon was stabbed and deflated at an Alabama protest.
That satellite photo was downloaded at about 6 AM local time (about 4 1/2 hours ago) ::).

And just how high does this Trump Baby balloon to 'orbit' to see this much of earth?

This cannot be taken by the Trump Baby Balloon because it doesn't show the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE ENTIRE WORLD, AMERICA!!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 10:18:33 AM »
The California fires are visible from space too.

Astronauts on the International Space Station took photos of the smoke from the Southern California wildfires affecting the Los Angeles area on the week of Dec. 4, 2017.

Astronauts on the International Space Station took photos of the smoke from the Southern California wildfires affecting the Los Angeles area on the week of Dec. 4, 2017.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 01:06:39 PM »

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Are you sure that they aren't all paintings ;D done "real-time" by some very busy artists ::)?
I can imaging all those "Himawari" Japanese artists furiously painting away between us making the request as to the type of presentation and the image being down loaded. And those amazing artists get it right too!

Didn't William of Ockham say something like "Plurality must never be posited without necessity"?

I think that accepting that there really are satellites like the ISS, GNSS and geostationary weather satellites is far simpler that inventing all the silly explanations explaining how tese things can work without satellites.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 01:30:01 PM »

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Are you sure that they aren't all paintings ;D done "real-time" by some very busy artists ::)?
I can imaging all those "Himawari" Japanese artists furiously painting away between us making the request as to the type of presentation and the image being down loaded. And those amazing artists get it right too!

Didn't William of Ockham say something like "Plurality must never be posited without necessity"?

I think that accepting that there really are satellites like the ISS, GNSS and geostationary weather satellites is far simpler that inventing all the silly explanations explaining how tese things can work without satellites.

We have these things called 'computers' nowadays rab. Try not to show that your a dessicating fossil and familiarise yourself with it. The Japanese artists can paint all the artifacts on them and a program can handle the rest.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 03:12:08 PM »
We have these things called 'computers' nowadays rab.
We also have things called satellites, space stations, astronauts and cameras.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 10:05:42 PM »
We have these things called 'computers' nowadays rab. Try not to show that your a dessicating fossil and familiarise yourself with it. The Japanese artists can paint all the artifacts on them and a program can handle the rest.
Yes, I've heard of these new-fangled things called computers.
I've used big ones from 1962 when The University of Queensland commissioned the first-ever digital computer in Queensland – a General Electric GE225.
And I've used and built a few small ones for special purposes.
I know we're behind the CSIRAC, designed and built by CSIR scientists and fully operational in1951.

So yes, I've heard of them.

And where do all these Japanese get their correct artifacts from? Phone the fire authorities in California, NSW, QLD, SA and WA ::)?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 10:52:38 PM »
Yes, I've heard of these new-fangled things called computers.
I've used big ones from 1962 when The University of Queensland commissioned the first-ever digital computer in Queensland – a General Electric GE225.
And I've used and built a few small ones for special purposes.
I know we're behind the CSIRAC, designed and built by CSIR scientists and fully operational in1951.

So yes, I've heard of them.

And where do all these Japanese get their correct artifacts from? Phone the fire authorities in California, NSW, QLD, SA and WA ::)?

There's a fire raging. Not hard to just add smoke over the eastern coast. No one will compare the density and placement of it mm by mm

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 11:00:42 PM »

There's a fire raging. Not hard to just add smoke over the eastern coast. No one will compare the density and placement of it mm by mm
::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::) Really?  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)
And it's a good idea to know where all those winds are blowing etc. Probably much easier to put a satellite up there.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 03:59:53 AM »
And why would they do that?

Then again, I've no idea why I'm asking you, as you don't even believe that's what happened...
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.