The North Start

• 17 Replies
The North Start
« on: October 31, 2019, 12:19:31 PM »
Why is it that people on the "Southern Hemisphere" can't see the North Star? And people on the Northern hemisphere can't see the Crux?

Re: The North Start
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 12:25:03 PM »
And people on the Northern hemisphere can't see the Crux?

Why do you think this is true?

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 01:52:24 PM »

Simple the earth is a Globe.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »

It's not even true. While most "people on the Northern hemisphere can't see the Crux" parts can be seen from as far north as Florida Keys:
Quote from: Bruce McClure
EarthSky: Northernersí guide to Southern Cross
You can see see all of Crux from the U.S. state of Hawaii. In the contiguous U.S., you need to be in southern Florida or Texas (about 26 degrees north latitude or farther south). Even from the far-southern contiguous U.S., you have a limited viewing window for catching the Southern Cross. It has to be the right season of the year. It has to be the right time of night. And you have to look in the right direction: SOUTH!

Bright stars Alpha and Beta Centauri pointing to Crux, or the Southern Cross, from Stephen Green in Waikoloa, Hawaii on April 26, 2019. Stephen is at about 20 degrees N. latitude. Thank you, Stephen!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Either kill Bill or Die !
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 03:44:58 AM »
Why is it that people on the "Southern Hemisphere" can't see the North Star? And people on the Northern hemisphere can't see the Crux?
Because of the shape and structure of the dome.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is Day

Day ends:

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 04:11:19 AM »
The further away you get from objects the less of those objects you can see.

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 05:33:05 AM »
The dome clearly isn't the issue.
People near the equator see Polaris near the horizon.
Light along similar paths isn't anywhere near your alleged dome.
What stops that light from continuing to people in the south?

The further away you get from objects the less of those objects you can see.
Do you mean because Earth is round and gets in the way?
Or do you mean some magic will result in objects magically hiding themselves when you are too far away?

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 06:37:57 AM »

Can you explain a little more as to how the shape and structure of the dome allows this? Like on FE, I feel that a star that is right above the north pole would be visable to everyone? Like someone on the southern hemisphere with a strong enough telescope should be able to view it on a FE.

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2019, 06:47:27 AM »

My friend in Canada cannot see the Crux. My friend in Australia cannot see Polaris

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 10:08:59 AM »

I should have been clearer. I should have asked "Why do you think this statement is true?" so as to not be misinterpreted as "Give me the reason why you think this thing is so." As rabinoz has pointed out in detail, the statement "people on the Northern hemisphere can't see the Crux" is false.

I would like to know why you had this misconception.

As with many people here, is it because you have no real understanding, and simply imagine a thing and then perpetuate it as fact?

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 10:45:03 AM »

I should have been clearer. I should have asked "Why do you think this statement is true?" so as to not be misinterpreted as "Give me the reason why you think this thing is so." As rabinoz has pointed out in detail, the statement "people on the Northern hemisphere can't see the Crux" is false.

I would like to know why you had this misconception.

As with many people here, is it because you have no real understanding, and simply imagine a thing and then perpetuate it as fact?

Well, I think the statement is true because this is what people report. I guess I should have been more specific. I say Northern Hemisphere, but I do not mean the entire northern hemisphere. Yes, the Crux can be visible to people who are around 25 degrees north of the equator. But if you go further than that it will not be visible. Polaris is visible about 1 or 2 degrees south of the equator but below that it is not visible. I'll be honest I've never been to the Southern Hemisphere and seen for myself that there is no north star, but I'm sure if I was to go down there I wouldn't see it as everyone down there says they cannot see it.

So I agree that "the entire northern hemisphere" cannot see the Crux is false, but once you go north far enough it is no longer visible. So how does the FE model explain this? 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Either kill Bill or Die !
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 10:30:01 PM »

Can you explain a little more as to how the shape and structure of the dome allows this? Like on FE, I feel that a star that is right above the north pole would be visable to everyone? Like someone on the southern hemisphere with a strong enough telescope should be able to view it on a FE.

This is one of the misconstruction of globalist society about the flat earth. The fact that the world is flat does not mean that the dome will be flat. A curved and liquid dome will bend the light and cause the objects on it to appear in different places. There are many experiments  made on this subject. but you cannot understand what we are talking about unless you get rid of the perception that we see everything straight because we think the world is flat. The flat earthers are one level above the global believers, not below. you are expecting an answer in your own mind overlaps with low educated people than globalists, because you think it is. and you're disappointed when your answer isn't the answer you want.

In short, we have enough works on this issue. Instead of trying to make us think about whether we are wrong or not, you should investigate for yourself and see that we are right.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is Day

Day ends:

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »
This is one of the misconstruction of globalist society about the flat earth. The fact that the world is flat does not mean that the dome will be flat.
No it isn't.
Most people would assume the dome is a hemisphere.
While that may cause a slight deflection in the observed direction of the object, it won't just magically hide it.

Just what do you think it is doing with the light?

How does the dome make the north star appear near the horizon at the equator?

And again, once you are inside the dome, it shouldn't have any more effect.

In short, we have enough works on this issue. Instead of trying to make us think about whether we are wrong or not, you should investigate for yourself and see that we are right.
All the investigations I have done have shown you to be wrong.
I am yet to see any serious work on this issue.
Instead all you have presented are baseless appeals to the dome as if it should explain everything.

Why don't you provide an explanation?

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2019, 04:37:34 AM »
The fact that the world is flat does not mean that the dome will be flat

Really..?  When exactly did we establish as a fact that the world is flat? That might well be your belief but that doesn't establish anything as a fact. Unless you can produce some definite evidence that it really is flat beyond just what you think.

I would be more inclined to say the fact that the Earth is round..  there is certainly more evidence to support that as a fact.

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 07:46:37 PM »

This is one of the misconstruction of globalist society about the flat earth. The fact that the world is flat does not mean that the dome will be flat. A curved and liquid dome will bend the light and cause the objects on it to appear in different places. There are many experiments  made on this subject. but you cannot understand what we are talking about unless you get rid of the perception that we see everything straight because we think the world is flat. The flat earthers are one level above the global believers, not below. you are expecting an answer in your own mind overlaps with low educated people than globalists, because you think it is. and you're disappointed when your answer isn't the answer you want.

The amount of lensing required to bend the light in this manner should cause very noticeable distortions in the star field as it rotates around us or as we move to different locations. 

In reality however, the angle between any two stars is always the same (except for very tiny amount of stellar parallax and stellar aberration).

No flat earther experiment Ive seen goes nearly far enough to produce a working model.  Videos of someone shining a torch through a goldfish bowl for instance donít really cut it.  In fact they actually demonstrate the above effect

But even if flat earthers could actually work out a model that accurately accounts for all observations, it would still leave the question of why the dome refracts light to so perfectly match the much simpler heliocentric model.

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 07:21:24 AM »

The amount of lensing required to bend the light in this manner should cause very noticeable distortions in the star field as it rotates around us or as we move to different locations. 

In reality however, the angle between any two stars is always the same (except for very tiny amount of stellar parallax and stellar aberration).

No flat earther experiment Ive seen goes nearly far enough to produce a working model.  Videos of someone shining a torch through a goldfish bowl for instance donít really cut it.  In fact they actually demonstrate the above effect

But even if flat earthers could actually work out a model that accurately accounts for all observations, it would still leave the question of why the dome refracts light to so perfectly match the much simpler heliocentric model.

Thank you. I have no issue with someone believing something different and I have no issue with doing research into something. But the research I have done has not satisfied my understanding. The answers seem to be lackluster and not a real explanation.

If you want to create a model that is different from what everyone else believes and understands, it needs to explain the majority of phenomena that we see. Right now the FE model only really seems to explain conspiracy theories about NASA and the government that everyone believes. It doesn't explain phenomena that we see with the stars, seasons, rising and setting of the sun, and many other things that the globe model and Astronomers are able to explain.

I have tried looking through youtube and the internet for this "empirical data" that shows the earth is flat and I cannot find anything of value anywhere. You say there is lots of evidence and I need to just read it. Well then send me a link! This is the 21st century. Tell me where that information is and I would gladly read, evaluate, and reconsider what I think.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 05:16:00 AM »
The fact that the world is flat does not mean that the dome will be flat.
What does a flat dome look like?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 02:44:11 PM »
The fact that the world is flat does not mean that the dome will be flat.
What does a flat dome look like?

A squared aquarium