Werepenguin: MafiaBirds - The Game Thread [Finished]

• 247 Replies

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Werepenguin: MafiaBirds - The Game Thread [Finished]
« on: November 04, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »
Greetings to all. The Werepenguin menace has grown in size and expanse. Many moons ago, when we first started on the quest to rid the world of their terrible existence, one powerful family controlled the entirety of Werepenguindom. An evil clan of penguins knows as the Eudypts. With their fierce eyebrows and sharp beaks, they certainly have been formidable since the beginning. However, as the Were-infection spread, soon other Werepenguin families formed. In addition to the Eudypts, the Spheniscs rose to power in their own area, as well as the Pygosceli family. These clans fought not only to rid their respective areas of any and all human beings, but also to grow their own territory ever larger.

We find ourselves at a time when the Sphenisc Family has already been eradicated. The 2 remaining clans, the Eudypts and the Pygoscelis, have almost wiped each other out. All that remained of each was their respective Dons – Don Eudypt and Don Pygosceli. These two have maintained appearances, one runs a waste management business and the other operates as a successful mechanic. Even the local Detective has never been able to uncover their identities yet (and, accordingly, in our game, these fine upstanding businessmen scan as villagers).

Last night, like every night before it in recent history, saw a violent murder take place. It was one of the more eccentric of the villagers. Curiously, he went by the moniker “Wise.” Quirky may have been a little more apt, but his name was his name. Regardless, the villagers arrived in the town square to find small pieces of Wise, not truly recognizable, but his cell phone sat on the road near what must have been his pancreas. It was still on, and had been recording. As you go back to the beginning of the video, you can see it was taken while Wise was in a full sprint. “You are not a scientific fact, you are a scientific fuck! Stop to chase me! STOP TO SPLIT MY-”

His last words. The video continues, but there are no discernible words, and it’s far to graphic to watch.

Dawn nears. Decisions will need to be made.

Players
Space Cowgirl - Murdered by Don Pygosceli
Jura - Don Eudypt, death by manhole plunge
NotSoSkeptical - Eaten nipples-first by Pygosceli
Junker
Mundin - Murdered by Don Eudypt
jdaniel0319
darkpheonix1412 - Died of exposure
DuckDodgers
Crouton - Flambé'd by Don Pygosceli
Stash - Crushed by an anvil after a dance battle
Gayer

Day 1
Stalemate. No one died.

Night 1
Mundin, a villager, died.

Day 2
WEREPENGUIN DEATH - Jura, aka Don Eudypt, was found and destroyed

Night 2
Space Cowgirl, a villager, died.
darkpheonix, a villager, was narrator killed for non-participation

Day 3
Nothing happened. I mean, some people voted for some other people, but basically nothing happened. No one died.

Night 3
Crouton, a villager, died.

Day 4
Stash, a villager, was murdered

Night 4
NotSoSkeptical, a villager, was murdered

Day 5
DuckDodgers, who was Don Pygosceli, was killed
VILLAGERS WIN!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:29:00 PM by boydster »

boydster

• Planar Moderator
Re: Werepenguin: MafiaBirds - The Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »
• Daybreak is at November 04, 2019, 05:00:00 PM.
• There are 2 Godfather Werepenguins in play. They scan as villager.
• If a Godfather kills the other Godfather, the living Godfather recruits a new member to his family.
• The new member would scan as a Werepenguin.
• There is a Detective in play.
• The Werepenguin families will alternate their kills, so that only one Werepenguin murder happens per night.

The rest was laid out before, but to reiterate, the other roles that were included as possibilities are:
   Normal Villagers
   Bus Driver
   Chef
   Doctor
   Magician
   Mermaid
   Goth (Wildcard)

The Werepenguin families will alternate their kills, so that only one Werepenguin murder happens per night.

Role Definitions:

The Bus Driver: This person gets the very first action each night. They select two players to take on a bus ride - actions related to those two players are swapped. So if the Detective scans player A and the Mafia Birds elect to kill player B, the Detective is given player B's identity and player A is killed.

The Chef: If the Chef dies, the villagers have only 3 days before they run out of food and die, thus losing the game.

The Detective: aka the Psychic or the Oracle. Once per night, can inquire about another player's alignment and role. (This is adapted due to the Godfather Werepenguin roles being the only Werepenguins to start, which only scan as Villager)

The Doctor: Chooses one player to save each night. The chosen player will not die if attacked that night. Cannot choose the same player twice in a row.

The Magician: This player has 2 special actions, each only usable once. The first is that during any night cycle, the Magician can choose a player and make them disappear. The chosen player is out of the game, period. The second is immediately following a vote to lynch, the Magician may PM the narrator to cancel the lynching.

The Mermaid: Human by day and Mermaid by night. Because this player is gone, swimming happily in the ocean during the night, if the Werepenguins choose to murder them, nothing happens.

The Goth: This is the wildcard role.

Godfather Werepenguin: Scans as a villager. Murders like a Werepenguin. If a Godfather kills another Godfather during the night, the surviving Werepenguin gets to turn another living player into a fresh recruit Werepenguin.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:04:46 PM by boydster »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 03:55:21 PM »
I want everyone to know, I have tons of candy corn.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 03:57:05 PM »
So, um, basic question that I probably should know.  Where are the rules posted?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 04:07:33 PM »
So, um, basic question that I probably should know.  Where are the rules posted?

Standard Werepenguin. I added the role definitions to the second post to clarify what each role has for special abilities. Other than that, it's day break in just under an hour. Villagers will have 24 hours to choose whether to lynch someone or not. Then night falls and Don Eudypt will kill. The following day is the same as the first. The following night, Don Pygosceli will kill. And so on and so forth until either the Werepenguins are dead or the villagers don't have the numbers left to defeat them during the daily voting cycle, thus ensuring their demise.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 04:39:46 PM »
Alright, so we know there are two penguins. Maybe they know each other, but I highly doubt it given they have a perk if the other dies. Which means they probably won't be coordinating, which is good for us. We know anyone scanning as no role is a potential for a don.  We can do this one.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »
I have a proposition;

On this first day instead of fretting over if and who we should lynch maybe we should look at it as deciding who leads the ghost council.

Mundin

• Boydster made me do it
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 05:24:31 PM »
Better idea, we do what should have been done last time and the many timea before that

[I vote to lynch boydster on day one, of every game played, ever, from this day forward] Amen.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 11:41:57 PM »
Better idea, we do what should have been done last time and the many timea before that

[I vote to lynch boydster on day one, of every game played, ever, from this day forward] Amen.

I think we all agreed that Boyd was, is, and will always be an absolute evil menace. So yeah, he's defacto perma-lynched in perpetuity.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 12:37:24 AM »
Morning all, interesting roles in this game. Problem with ghost council is there's possibly a wildcard in play so even if we choose a leader (and we better not take someone that volunteers as they are more likely to be the wildcard) how can we trust them?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 12:52:17 AM »

I'm with the Colonel, as there is a wildcard we are going to have to be careful, be wary of friendly overtures but also of jumping on bandwagons (especially bandwagons that involve killing me).
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 12:54:07 AM »

So if anyone really feels the need to murder!

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 03:58:36 AM »
Well, it seems there is only one vote so far. For me. The innocent, kind, benevolent narrator. Will someone be my Obi Wan Kenobi?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 04:21:12 AM »
Is lynching the narrator on?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 04:28:34 AM »

Yes, and I so want to kill him, but there are repercussions and we haven't won lately, but then again that was his fault so perhaps we aught to, or just give him a kicking, is that an option? Give the narrator a good kicking, Mags!

Mundin

• Boydster made me do it
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 04:37:21 AM »
You all talk about how evil boydster is but never act and so the werepenguins win.  I do wonder if those who cried for his lynching are now hesitant because they are Don Penguinos and think with boydster as a narrator they can win

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 05:35:33 AM »

Everytime you have Candy Corn you turn out to be a penguin.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 06:12:45 AM »
You all talk about how evil boydster is but never act and so the werepenguins win.  I do wonder if those who cried for his lynching are now hesitant because they are Don Penguinos and think with boydster as a narrator they can win

Wassup Mundy?

I was more thinking that if the villagers kill him and there's retribution it would favour the Penguins, also Junkers here and he's a bugger for coming in last minute to lynch, so I want my powder dry in case.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 07:08:49 AM »

Not true. I'm pretty sure last time you voted to lynch me because I didn't have any candy corn.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Mundin

• Boydster made me do it
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 07:16:40 AM »

Wassup Mundy?

I was more thinking that if the villagers kill him and there's retribution it would favour the Penguins, also Junkers here and he's a bugger for coming in last minute to lynch, so I want my powder dry in case.

Penguins and villagers can vote together making the retribution neutral so to speak.  Im happy to accept the help of any for this lynching.  Goths, villagers. Detectives, Dons, whatever other roles.  We can come together this one time and then go back to fighting amongst ourselves.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 08:06:17 AM »

Not true. I'm pretty sure last time you voted to lynch me because I didn't have any candy corn.

Possibly.  Doesn't change the fact that when you were a penguin you were stuffing candy corn down the throats of your victims.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Junker

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »

Wassup Mundy?

I keep drawing super boring villager roles and am willing to sacrifice myself to lead the ghost council.

Also, I'm a werewolf tbh.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 12:34:37 PM »

Wassup Mundy?

I keep drawing super boring villager roles and am willing to sacrifice myself to lead the ghost council.

Also, I'm a werewolf tbh.

GOTH! Look at his makeup.

Junker

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 03:03:26 PM »
[I vote to lynch junker]

junker - 1
boydster - 1

Mundin

• Boydster made me do it
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
Lets not make junker the ghost council leader.  Clearly a goth that wants to ruin everything. 

Come on people, where are the boydster votes!

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2019, 03:20:43 PM »
Under two hours remain... WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:24:12 PM by boydster »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2019, 03:38:39 PM »
Junker volunteers.  His sacrifice shall not be in vain.

[Vote to lynch Junker]

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2019, 04:29:10 PM »
OH HELL the last time I opted to do nothing, or what I thought was something, it got me in the worst possible position EVER, so...I would like to hold hands and say Grace. [I vote to lynch boydster on day one, of every game played, ever, from this day forward] Amen.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 05:49:25 PM by jdaniel0319 »
Tear down the wall!

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
The votes stand at:

Junker - 2
boydster - 2

If I missed something, let me know, I think that's all of them so far though

Mundin