Flat Earthers and the Conspiracy

• 20 Replies

midgard

« on: January 25, 2007, 05:16:56 AM »
Just wanted to know how many flat earthers believe:
  • The governments of the world are behind the conspiracy.
  • The conspiracy has infiltrated the governments of the world but the they are unaware of its existence.
If you have a strong leaning towards one more than the other do you accept that the other could be correct?

Also, feel free to post here about your personal speculations on the conspiracy such as when it began, who has been involved, what motives they have, who is a part of the conspiracy, etc, etc.

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 05:19:36 AM »
I'm sure most flat earthers think that the whole concept of a conspiracy
is ridiculous  :roll:

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:48:37 PM »
The Conspiracy interferes with government affairs, and has sway over a number of its assets. The Federal Reserve is a subsidiary of the Conspiracy. NASA is a subsidiary of the Conspiracy. The Department of Education is also a subsidiary of the Conspiracy.

The Conspiracy also has control over assets in the UK, China, and Russia.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"
The Conspiracy interferes with government affairs, and has sway over a number of its assets. The Federal Reserve is a subsidiary of the Conspiracy. NASA is a subsidiary of the Conspiracy. The Department of Education is also a subsidiary of the Conspiracy.

And yet again, I doth shout upon thee:

PROOF!!

I already know the answer, as it is the same all the other times it's been asked. :roll:

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:54:17 PM »
I posted this in another thread. Thought it would fit in nicely here. *sigh* I'm definitely feeling the pull of the dark side. :?
Quote from: "Pipe Dreams"
I've just come up with a theory as to whom, exactly, it is that would be behind such a conspiracy, if not the governments of the world. It couldn't just be some multi-national corp. just one wouldn't have the juice to cover something like that up for as long as it's supposed to have been hidden. It would have to be people in positions of power both within numerous multi-national corps, within all or most of the governments, people within institutions of learning, and within the worldwide scientific community. All of these people would have to appear to hold allegiance to whatever company/government/institution/etc they're involved with while their true allegiance is to an organization of which they are all members. It wouldn't even have to be a secret organization. The Purloined Letter as it were.

The Free Masons a.k.a. The Knights Templar.

Think about it. How many people in high positions of power are members of that group? Practically all of them, man. Not to mention the fact that this is an organization that’s been around since Christ. And they haven’t answered to any authority, be it secular or spiritual, for hundreds of years. They have the power, they have the resources, they have the experience in hiding astronomical, even world shattering, information from the entire population of the world.
quote]The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. ~ Twain[/quote]
Et tu, Bruté? ~ Shakespeare

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"

PROOF!!

I already know the answer, as it is the same all the other times it's been asked. :roll:

The Federal Reserve makes and distributes the money. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned corporation.

The Federal Reserve has sway over NASA. NASA has sway over the Department of Education. The Department of Education has sway over your schoolbooks. Your schoolbooks have sway over the perceived shape of the earth.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 01:29:52 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"

PROOF!!

There's not really any point in asking for proof of a conspiracy. If a conspiracy could be proven then it wouldn't be much of a conspiracy, now would it? That's why they're called conspiracies.  :P I'm just sayin' is all. :wink:
The Federal Reserve makes and distributes the money. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned corporation.

The Federal Reserve has sway over NASA. NASA has sway over the Department of Education. The Department of Education has sway over your schoolbooks. Your schoolbooks have sway over the perceived shape of the earth.

A string of potential relationships doesn't constitute proof of a conspiracy.
quote]The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane. ~ Twain[/quote]
Et tu, Bruté? ~ Shakespeare

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »
The whole idea of a conspiracy takes the idea of a flat earth out of the
realms of science, and into the realms of stupidity.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 01:45:17 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve

I fail to see where anything outlined in the Wiki says or even hints at it being a "privately owned corporation", Tom.

Quote from: "Wikopedia"
The Federal Reserve System is a quasi-governmental banking system composed of (1) a presidentially-appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) 12 regional Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation; and (4) numerous private member banks, which own varying amounts of stock in the regional Federal Reserve Banks.

Doesn't sound like a privately owned corporation, now does it? Especially since the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is presidentially appointed. Now if it was a "privately owned corporation", this would not hold true, since it would then be protected under laissez-faire, and the government couldn't touch it.

You may also want to take a gander at the history part of it, which tells the basis for it's creation.

Quote from: "Wikipedia"
From 1862 to 1913, a system of national banks was instituted by the 1863 National Banking Act. A series of bank panics, in 1873, 1893, and 1907 provided strong demand for the creation of a centralized banking system.

After the Panic of 1907, Congress created the National Monetary Commission to draft a plan for reform of the banking system. Senate Republican leader and financial expert Nelson Aldrich was the head of the Commission. Aldrich made an in-depth study of European central banks, discovering that Britain and Germany had far superior systems. In 1910, he sought the help of elite Wall Street bankers to write the Act which, ironically, was to regulate bankers. Aldrich, along with executives representing the J.P. Morgan, Rockefeller, and Kuhn, Loeb, & Co. interests, secluded themselves for a week on a private island off of the coast of Georgia, Jekyll Island. There, Paul Warburg of Kuhn, Loeb, & Co. directed the proceedings and the primary features of the Federal Reserve Act were agreed upon. Aldrich then presented this plan for a Central Bank as the "Aldrich Bill", which called for the establishment of the "National Reserve Association." It became a part of the Republican platform, but was shot down in 1911 by a Democratic Congress.

It took the political clout of Democratic President Woodrow Wilson to get the bankers' plan passed in 1913 under the name of the "Federal Reserve Act". Ironically, the plan that the Democrats adopted contained all of the essential features that they had denounced as little as 13 months before when they denounced the Aldrich Bill. Frank Vanderlip, one of the Jekyll Island attendees and the President of National City Bank at the time (today Citigroup), wrote in his autobiography that "although the Aldrich Federal Reserve Plan was defeated when it bore the name Aldrich, nevertheless its essential points were all contained in the plan that was finally adopted." This was done over the objections of Democrat William Jennings Bryan. Wilson started with the bankers' plan that had been designed by leading expert Paul Warburg. Wilson had to outmaneuver the agrarian wing of the party, led by Bryan, which strenuously denounced Wall Street. Agrarians wanted a government-owned central bank which could print paper money whenever Congress wanted; Wilson convinced them that because Federal Reserve notes were obligations of the government, the plan fit their demands. Southerners and westerners learned from Wilson that the system was decentralized into 12 districts and surely would weaken New York and strengthen the hinterlands. (In practice, the the Federal Reserve Bank of New York became "first among equals". The New York Fed, for example, is solely responsible for conducting open market operations, at the direction of the Federal Open Market Committee.) One key Congressman, Carter Glass, was given credit for the bill, and his home of Richmond, Virginia, was made a district headquarters. Senator James A. Reed of Missouri obtained two districts for his state. [3]

Congress passed the Federal Reserve Act in late 1913. Wilson named Warburg and other prominent experts to direct the new system, which began operations in 1915 and played a major role in financing the Allied and American war efforts.[4]

So I'm going to guess and say that after all that, you'll simply argue that it was all falsified as to hide the real nature as per it's creation, right?

Let's get down to the nitty gritty.

Your "conspiracy" holds absolutely no water at all in your argument to prove FE. Why? Because quite simply, as I have said before, it is virtually impossible for humanity to have simply laid out the foundations of a conspiracy to cover up the notion that the earth was really flat. Knowing the nature of humans, the nature of our curiosity, and our unpredictability, it's too grand of a scale to plan out every action that has occurred since the dawn of humans (or whenever we started to think about the shape of our lonely little planet) up to this point in time (wars, depressions, terrorism, etc) to work a conspiracy geared only for the purpose of covering up that the earth is flat and not round.

But you'll still argue it whilst ignoring the basic's, right?

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
I fail to see where anything outlined in the Wiki says or even hints at it being a "privately owned corporation", Tom.

Wikipedia is a user-editable encyclopedia. Try Google next time:

http://www.google.com/search?=s&hl=en&q=Federal+Reserve+Privately+owned&btnG=Google+Search

Note the 1,120,000 search hits.

A string of potential relationships doesn't constitute proof of a conspiracy.

Every single government on earth makes their own money. Why should the Federal Reserve need to be privately owned?

Up until the year 1913 Congress was in charge of creating the money. Then upon election, presidential spy Woodrow Wilson created the Federal Reserve and put it under the authority of a select few private individuals. This private organization has the power to lend the United States its own money. It also has the power to lend other nations money. Woodrow Wilson also made it impossible for congress to audit the Federal Reserve.

Immediately, the Federal Reserve went to work creating more money than necessary. Since 1913 inflation has increased over one thousand fold. You can probably recall a grandparent telling you how "such and such only cost a nickel" back in the day. This is because the Federal Reserve has been tunneling trillions of dollars down an unknown cesspit. Today the Federal Reserve does not back its money with a gold standard. It also does not publish the amount of money it creates in a year.

The Federal Reserve Corporation is the only organization with the power and resources to hide the shape of the earth. Thus it must be part of the Conspiracy.

Re: Flat Earthers and the Conspiracy
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 01:52:32 PM »
Quote from: "midgard"
  • The governments of the world are behind the conspiracy.
  • The conspiracy has infiltrated the governments of the world but the they are unaware of its existence.
If you have a strong leaning towards one more than the other do you accept that the other could be correct?

Also, feel free to post here about your personal speculations on the conspiracy such as when it began, who has been involved, what motives they have, who is a part of the conspiracy, etc, etc.

good ideea. i ask the people interested in this subject to read this also http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8290 . It's a topic i created several days ago, discussing the same subject. Forget the book part. I want conspiracy spicy details

this is what i've come to so far:

since it cannot be proven the conspiracy doesn't exist, it surely exists

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 02:01:38 PM »
Tom, if you read anything at all, you'd still see that it is still monitored, regulated, and controlled indirectly by the government through the President.

And I'm sure that every single president had to be elected and in league with the conspirators anyway to keep the Federal Reserve an integral part of the conspiracy. Boy, if there was one president who wasn't, it'd be a tragedy to the conspiracy, now wouldn't it?

Also, it would have to be assumed that every single person who voted during the presidential elections was a part of the conspiracy as well, right? Certainly they would have had to have been, otherwise, what a coincidence that they would elect a president who was a part of the conspiracy every single time, the mechanics of it, and the sheer probability are too great for that to just be a coincidence.

You see Tom, there are still so many holes in the "conspiracy" to have to make it work that it is in it's very nature and fate to become exposed. All because of the curiosity, and unpredictability that it is destined to fail.

But of curse, like I said, and you proved me right, you will just ignore the basics and continue to argue something in which you have no basis, proof, or understanding of.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 02:05:21 PM »
Tom, if you read anything at all, you'd still see that it is still monitored, regulated, and controlled indirectly by the government through the President.

The President does not have the power to control the Federal Reserve. It exists beyond government authority. The President cannot destroy it. Congress cannot destroy it. Its financial records have never been seen. The organization has never been audited. Essentially, it's a shadow government.

it's too grand of a scale to plan out a conspiracy geared only for the purpose of covering up that the earth is flat and not round.

The shape of the earth has enough importance to decide the fate of all life on earth.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 02:10:02 PM »
The President does not have the power to control the Federal Reserve. It's existence is beyond government authority. Its financial records have never been seen. The organization has never been audited.

Um, did I not just say that the President selects the Board? Which is the most important part of it? What did you not understand about about that?

The shape of the earth has enough importance to decide the fate of humanity.

The shape of the earth does not decide the fate of humanity. Humanity decides the fate of humanity. I fail to see how it would make a difference if the earth was flat or round, when the fate of humanity is only decided by humanity itself. :?

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 02:11:04 PM »

The shape of the earth has enough importance to decide the fate of all life on earth.

So we have 2 possible shapes so far: round and flat. whatever the real shape would be, we are still living every day on it. How would the actual shape of it change one's life? Not to mention the FATE of life

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 02:14:25 PM »
WAY TO EDIT YOUR POST TO FIT YOUR ARGUMENT, TOM! YOU CAN'T ADMIT WHEN YOU'RE WRONG, CAN YOU?

You went from:

The shape of the earth has enough importance to decide the fate of humanity.

To:

Either way, the shape of the earth doesn't affect ANYTHING, because no matter what, humanity decides it's own fate and the fate of all life on earth. A sick and twisted game of playing God, but it's true, and the shape of the earth has no bearing on it what so ever.

?

Tom Bishop

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »
Um, did I not just say that the President selects the Board? Which is the most important part of it? What did you not understand about about that?

The Board members just control the logistics of the corporation. The Board members are still beholden to the Share Holders just like any corporation. If the Share Holders say jump, then they jump. If the Share Holders say to sit, then they sit. If the Board refuses, its members are exchanged. The Share Holders are never exchanged.

So we have 2 possible shapes so far: round and flat. whatever the real shape would be, we are still living every day on it. How would the actual shape of it change one's life? Not to mention the FATE of life

I've always held that the edge of the world is sensitive enough to end all life on earth if breached. If the UA cupping at the edge of the world were disturbed by an explosion or blunt trauma the entire atmosphere could be drained into the vacuum of space.

Since the Conspiracy is not able to control the actions of billions of people at once, it hides the edge of the world from potential terrorists, rouge nations, suicidal maniacs, and those who could hold the world hostage.

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »
I've always held that the edge of the world is sensitive enough to end all life on earth if breached. The entire atmosphere could be sucked out into space, if the UA cupping were disturbed by an explosion or blunt trauma.

Since the Conspiracy is not able to prevent such situations, it hides the edge of the world from terrorists and people who could hold the world hostage.

HOLDING THE WORLD HOSTAGE, THE LATEST TREND IN TERRORISM

why would a terrorist or a terrorist group threaten to destroy the world? Nobody could actually benefit from that. (not even them)

may i remind you that 99% of the terrorist actions have a purpose?

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 02:27:11 PM »
lol  :lol:

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 02:29:56 PM »
You have no idea of what you're talking about, Tom. Just stop making stuf up which only is serving to make yourself look stupid, ok?

As for the UA, if it's strong enough to move the earth, then I'm sure if it can withstand all the violent actions that take place naturally on earth, then I think it would be able to withstand whatever humanity threw at it.

So again, speculation with no backing. :roll:

I love it!

Re: Flat Earthers and the Conspiracy
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 09:58:22 AM »
    [*]The governments of the world are behind the conspiracy.[*]The conspiracy has infiltrated the governments of the world but the they are unaware of its existence.[/list]If you have a strong leaning towards one more than the other do you accept that the other could be correct?

The second one is closer to the truth.

Althought far from complete, I wrote the following articles using the pseudonym of Lord Byron on the history of the Conspiracy:
    http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7026

A concise summation of the Lord Byron history:

1) The globularist conspiracy began in ancient Babylon.

2) It attained its first significant development into schools of thought which contemplated sphericism among certain fringe elements of the hindus in ancient India.  They were not the majority in ancient India.

3) Especially beginning with Pythagoras, the concept of globularism was introduced from India to Greece.  

4)  Gradually gaining popularity by way of the pagan Greeks (but not all of them), sphericism gained its greatest prestige with the Alexandrian Claudius Ptolemy circa AD 170.

5)  The spread of the Orthodox Church was nearly the death knell of the globular belief which went underground.

6)  It regained some of its formewr popularity by way of the muslims who were so much interested in the philosophies of the pagan Greeks.  Very significantly, the papal west learned philosophy and science primarily from the Arabs.

7)  The renaissance is the cradle of modern science and was the death of truth and the rebirth of falsehood.  Whether or not one agrees with that, the "science" of the renaissance was the enemy of Flat Earth cosmography.

8)  The era since the end of World War I has the most significant advancement of delusion since the renaissance.

The Lord Byron articles spend the most time on the renaissance and the twentieth century - the latter needs the most editing as the whole will perhaps eventually form part of a book.