Why isn't there an Antarctica footage from space?

• 23 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Why isn't there an Antarctica footage from space?
« on: October 30, 2019, 04:56:32 AM »
I'm searching "world from space" in google.

These are footage of places I found;

- North America
- America
- South America
- Africa
- Italy and around
- Europe
- India
- Middle east with Africa
- India and a part of middle east and Africa together
- Africa with Europe

So, why can not they take a footage from Antarctica, shows the whole continent? Because is it not exist?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Yes

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Why isn't there an Antarctica footage from space?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 05:34:40 AM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=antarctica+from+space
Do you really know the meaning of footage? I was thinking you are better on English than me.

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 07:05:02 AM »
Here you go

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Yes

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 09:38:23 AM »

- North America
- America
- South America
- Africa
- Italy and around
- Europe
- India
- Africa with Europe

So, why can not they take a footage from Antarctica, shows the whole continent? Because is it not exist?

Are all your "footages" from the ISS?

JackBlack

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 01:22:38 PM »
For the same reason you didn't find the Arctic.

It is because very few satellites are in a high enough orbit that go over the poles, and people are far more interested in places where people live.
Because of that there will be far less footage of Antarctica and the Arctic which will make it harder to find.

But don't worry, there are plenty of images.
Like this one here:
https://epic.gsfc.nasa.gov/archive/natural/2018/12/21/png/epic_1b_20181221100450.png

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 02:16:25 PM »

- North America
- America
- South America
- Africa
- Italy and around
- Europe
- India
- Africa with Europe

Sometimes ballons or airplanes. All balloon footages have 360 degree cameras, but ISS never has. NASA, has billions of budget but hasen't a 360 degrees camera. Even We have a few 360 degree camera in our building for security, but NASA hasen't.  C:-)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 02:23:42 PM »

- North America
- America
- South America
- Africa
- Italy and around
- Europe
- India
- Africa with Europe

Sometimes ballons or airplanes. All balloon footages have 360 degree cameras, but ISS never has. NASA, has billions of budget but hasen't a 360 degrees camera. Even We have a few 360 degree camera in our building for security, but NASA hasen't.  C:-)

I posted this the other day when you claimed there is no 360 degree footage from the ISS. When, in fact, there is:

Here's a spacewalk with a 360 camera. You can drag around to get the full view:

JackBlack

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 02:47:55 PM »
Sometimes ballons or airplanes.
That isn't space.

All balloon footages have 360 degree cameras
No they don't.
The vast majority that I have seen doesn't.

Even We have a few 360 degree camera in our building for security, but NASA hasen't.  C:-)
Perhaps because NASA isn't worried about people breaking into the ISS?

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »

- North America
- America
- South America
- Africa
- Italy and around
- Europe
- India
- Africa with Europe

You can see entire regions you have specified above with balloon or airplane footage?

Please share these amazing footages.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »

- North America
- America
- South America
- Africa
- Italy and around
- Europe
- India
- Africa with Europe

You ask, "Why can not they take footage from Antarctica, showing the whole continent?" and the reason is that there are no satellites in a high enough orbit over the poles to take all of Antarctica in a single photo.

All the weather satellites in Geostationary orbit must be over the equator and cannot "see" Antarctica.
There are many lower orbiting satellites that go close enough to the poles but these cannot photograph a wide enough field so almost all photographs of Antarctica must be "mosaics".

In addition, the ice-sheets prevent visible light photos showing the outline of the land but radar can penetrate the ice so there are some images created from radar satellite data, for example:

A composite image from the RadarSat satellite.
I got this image from: Satellite pictures of Antarctica

One of the few photos of the whole of Antarctica from space was the one from Apollo 17 because it flew a long way south to avoid the worst of the van Allen Belts and so they could see virtually all of Antarctica but there is a lot of cloud and ice hiding the land.

Here is that Apollo 17 photo cropped and enlarged in an animation:
Quote from: NASA Scientific Visualization Studio
Apollo 17 30th Anniversary: Antarctica Zoom-out Visualizations by Alex Kekesi Released on January 23, 2003
The Apollo 17 spacecraft was launched from the Kennedy Space Center at midnight on December 7th, 1972. Just hours after lift-off, the command module aligned with the Earth and Sun, allowing the crew to photograph Earth in full light. For the first time in an Apollo mission, the Antarctic continent was visible allowing for a photo to be taken by the orbiting astronauts. The photo was taken at about 18,000 statute miles away from Earth. Virtually every picture showing the full Earth is derived from this one photograph. Television, newspapers, websites, and marketing material have all used this photograph over the years. Geostationary weather satellites, Galileo, and many other spacecraft have returned great pictures of the full Earth from space, but this image is still the number one requested photo in the NASA photo archives.

Animation using the Apollo 17 full-Earth photo.
This animation starts tight on Antarctica and slowly drifts back to reveal the rest of the globe.

Digital copy of the Apollo 17 full-Earth photograph.

The animation has been made by simply cropping the original Apollo 17 photo taken on a film camera and digitised.
I do not know if you can watch that animation on the NASA site but the starting photo is on your photo site, Free image upload service

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 11:00:57 PM »
Are you sure you know the difference of footage, animation and photo?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 12:05:46 AM »

Are you sure you know the difference between making this repeated claim:

All balloon footages have 360 degree cameras, but ISS never has. NASA, has billions of budget but hasen't a 360 degrees camera.

And facts?

I posted this the other day when you claimed there is no 360 degree footage from the ISS. When, in fact, there is:

Here's a spacewalk with a 360 camera. You can drag around to get the full view:

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 02:29:18 AM »
Yes, I carefully explained that in my post.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 03:45:36 AM »
I don't think so.
Your so called "A composite image from the RadarSat satellite" is clearly a cgi. The computer effect on the photo clearly seems around so called Antarctica. You see white squares?
Your "Animation using the Apollo 17 full-Earth photo" is clearly an animation you say it.
"Digital copy of the Apollo 17 full-Earth photograph" isn't a real footage. This is similar with whole cgi images.

Where is footage has 360 degrees cameras? Absent. You should to admit it, it is absent, it is not exist. Do not force yourself to make up evidences actually not exist. They are not exist. 360 degrees camera means it can turn around. Neither your cameras do it. Because they have behind the scene they have to hide!
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 04:23:02 AM »
I don't think so.
Your so called "A composite image from the RadarSat satellite" is clearly a cgi. The computer effect on the photo clearly seems around so called Antarctica. You see white squares?
Your "Animation using the Apollo 17 full-Earth photo" is clearly an animation you say it.
"Digital copy of the Apollo 17 full-Earth photograph" isn't a real footage. This is similar with whole cgi images.

Where is footage has 360 degrees cameras? Absent. You should to admit it, it is absent, it is not exist. Do not force yourself to make up evidences actually not exist. They are not exist. 360 degrees camera means it can turn around. Neither your cameras do it. Because they have behind the scene they have to hide!
Sure you say "Where is footage has 360 degrees cameras? Absent. You should to admit it, it is absent" and I do admit it is absent.
But the topic question is "Why isn't there an Antarctica footage from space?" and I explained the reason for that.

And then I showed what images we do have of Antarctica.

And then you make up stories like, "Because they have behind the scene they have to hide!" which is quite untrue - why would they have anything to hide.

I'm not trying to convince you but just present the facts.

Bye.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 04:29:38 AM by rabinoz »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2019, 04:33:22 AM »
I don't think so.

Sure you say "Where is footage has 360 degrees cameras? Absent. You should to admit it, it is absent" and I do admit it is absent.
But the topic question is "Why isn't there an Antarctica footage from space?" and I explained the reason for that.

And then I showed what images we do have of Antarctica.

And then you make up stories like, "Because they have behind the scene they have to hide!" which is quite untrue - why would they have anything to hide.

I'm not trying to convince you but just present the facts.

Bye.

The fact that its not being existed any real time footage of Antarctica from space.

Thanks for your information, was not surprised at all.

Bye bye.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Yes

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2019, 05:24:01 AM »
But I thought flat earthers hated 360 cameras because they necessarily induce an artificial curved distortion. 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2019, 05:39:19 AM »
But I thought flat earthers hated 360 cameras because they necessarily induce an artificial curved distortion.
I mean camera rotating its around 360 degrees; but I do not mean fish eye camera.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Yes

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2019, 06:39:39 AM »
I mean camera rotating its around 360 degrees; but I do not mean fish eye camera.
In that case, you could argue that the ISS does indeed have a camera that rotates 360 degrees. It orbits Earth every 92 minutes. :P

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »
In that case, you could argue that the ISS does indeed have a camera that rotates 360 degrees. It orbits Earth every 92 minutes. :P
Ahaha, humor but not really.  C:-)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Macarios

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2019, 07:25:23 AM »
Google favorizes results that bring them revenue over the results relative to your request.

Try using DuckDuckGo, if your government allows it.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2019, 03:55:24 PM »
The fact that its not being existed any real time footage of Antarctica from space.
What's the importance of "real time footage".
Not having "real time footage" has no bearing on Antarctica's being an island continent.

Numerous people visit the place and sail ships and yachts around it so its size is well known.