Calling all Flat-Earthers!

• 2 Replies
Calling all Flat-Earthers!
« on: October 24, 2019, 05:23:11 AM »
Hi Flat-Earthers!
I'm currently writing an essay on the Flat Earth Movement for my social studies class, and I would love to hear about some of your opinions and experiences with Flat Earth!  :)
These are my questions:
1. How and when did you find the Flat Earth Movement?
2. How has your life and have your personal relationships changed since joining the community?
3. Do you think Flat Earth deserves the criticism it gets?
Thanks in advance!
Best Regards from a curious high school student

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
Re: Calling all Flat-Earthers!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »
Hi Flat-Earthers!
I'm currently writing an essay on the Flat Earth Movement for my social studies class, and I would love to hear about some of your opinions and experiences with Flat Earth!  :)
These are my questions:
I talk to this here:
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/03/a-conversation-with-a-flat-earth-believer.html

2. How has your life and have your personal relationships changed since joining the community?
It really hasn't, other than its a lot easier to spot a bigot.

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards from a curious high school student
Of course not. The problem is that most view what they think they know as absolute fact; in reality scientific method and those experts who study it would overwhelmingly support the opposite. We are attacked the same as any other group with beliefs that differ are attacked, and its a not-so-subtle form of bigotry and often hate speech. I get thousands of messages a month telling me to kill myself, or that we should all be killed off or shot to the moon to die.

Is that justified?

I'd find a hard time arguing that it is justified for a large portion of supposedly intelligent people to advocate the message of what is essentially genocide.
Quantum Ab Hoc

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Calling all Flat-Earthers!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 11:29:40 AM »

I found out about the Flat Earth Society in 2007. Someone on another forum posted a link, and I followed it. I didn't know there were flat earthers online before that.

My life hasn't changed at all.

Some flat earthers deserve criticism. If you really mean insults instead of criticism, then no.

I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.