Tulsi Gabbard GOP Mole?

• 197 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: Tulsi Gabbard GOP Mole?
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2019, 05:22:17 AM »
Besides, Syria didn't pop into existence 10 years ago. Neither did the US policy of sparking conflict in Syria which started with Kissinger.

My father was in Syria during WW2, fighting the Vichy French.   Don't tell me this is something new you just discovered.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:19 AM »
Besides, Syria didn't pop into existence 10 years ago. Neither did the US policy of sparking conflict in Syria which started with Kissinger.

My father was in Syria during WW2, fighting the Vichy French.   Don't tell me this is something new you just discovered.
I don't understand the point of this post.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »

History is older than you.

Pezevenk

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2019, 08:47:41 AM »

Alright so?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2019, 09:49:55 AM »

Alright so?

You are right, you've read several paragraphs of something that someone wrote.
Then you took a test.
Now you know everything there is to know.

School is where you waste time learning what others have done.
Work is when you do shit that has not been done before.

::)

When you age out of school what will you be qualified to do?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2019, 03:49:54 PM »

Add it to the myriad things which have eluded your comprehension. 

Syria has a history of foreign military involvement.  It didn't start with Kissinger. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2019, 09:30:06 AM »

Alright so?

You are right, you've read several paragraphs of something that someone wrote.
Then you took a test.
Now you know everything there is to know.

School is where you waste time learning what others have done.
Work is when you do shit that has not been done before.

::)

When you age out of school what will you be qualified to do?
Can you at least attempt to make an actual point?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2019, 09:30:42 AM »
Syria has a history of foreign military involvement.  It didn't start with Kissinger.
Can you read? Why don't you read again what I wrote in that post?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2019, 09:45:09 AM »
Hint:

Do you see anything here about "foreign military involvement" here? Do you see anything relevant to France or your dad here?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »
Hint:

Do you see anything here about "foreign military involvement" here?

Yes of course.  The IDF would have taken Damascus,  except for Iraqi intervention.  That's two foreign military forces,  I could count the Russians too since they deployed their SAM6
systems throughout the region. 

Edit:  I forgot the Jordanian, and Saudi units that were deployed in Syria at that same time as the Iraqi armored units.   So that's,  what five foreign military forces,  you appear to be ignorant of all of them. 

Here is the background you failed to comprehend.
The US then began intensive diplomatic efforts to secure disengagement agreements between Israel, Syria and Egypt, and offered them millions of dollars to reach such deals.

Henry Kissinger, the US secretary of state, flew from country to country in an effort to broker a peace deal, in what came to be known as 'Shuttle Diplomacy' - a new lexicon that had entered the realm of international politics.

On Tuesday, November 6, Kissinger, flew in to Cairo for his first ever meeting with Sadat. Four days later, an initial agreement was signed guaranteeing daily convoys of non-military supplies to the city of Suez and the besieged Egyptian 3rd army.

Four days later, prisoners from both sides were exchanged.

As the New Year arrived, Kissinger returned to the region to hammer out the next step in his grand plan for Egyptian-Israeli disengagement. On January 11, 1974, he arrived in the southern Egyptian city of Aswan to meet Sadat. The next day, he left for Tel Aviv. Both sides accepted a disengagement agreement.

Meanwhile, the Israelis were still occupying a salient deep inside Syria, not far from the capital Damascus. So, in May 1974, Kissinger set out on his second round of shuttle diplomacy, this time between Damascus and Tel Aviv.

After almost a month of hard talking, Kissenger managed to secure a second breakthrough in the region when, on May 28, Israel approved a disengagement agreement with Syria. It was signed in Geneva on June 5, bringing the War in October to an official end after 243 days of fighting.

Do you see anything relevant to France or your dad here?

Yes.  But first tell me why I should bother educating you?

Yes.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:16:24 PM by JerkFace »

Pezevenk

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2019, 03:02:00 AM »
IDF would have taken Damascus,  except for Iraqi intervention.
[...]
I could count the Russians too
[...]
Jordanian, and Saudi units
 [...]
 Iraqi armored units. 

US policy

sparking conflict in Syria

If you really want to talk about how the USA's proxies were doing damage in the area since earlier on, cool, it doesn't help your point exactly, but cool. However, it is not what I am talking about.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:27:09 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2019, 03:08:39 AM »
You also seem to be completely unaware of the destructive divide and conquer approach Kissinger employed both within Syria and between its neighbours, as well as straight up funding and training Islamic extremists, both of which continued long after he stepped down.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2019, 03:12:44 AM »
I know it's hard to stomach but even if they just had left Assad alone and stopped constantly trying to turn one group against the other and funding jihadis, Syria would be in a far better shape today. This failed dumbass policy only lead to millions dying and getting displaced.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2019, 03:28:17 AM »
I know it's hard to stomach but even if they just had left Assad alone and stopped constantly trying to turn one group against the other and funding jihadis, Syria would be in a far better shape today. This failed dumbass policy only lead to millions dying and getting displaced.

Nope,   it's  Shia versus Sunni,   a repressive minority Shia government in a majority Sunni country. 

Not clear if the Alawite are closer to Sunni than traditional Shia,  but they still hate each other.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2019, 03:41:31 AM »
You also seem to be completely unaware of the destructive divide and conquer approach Kissinger employed both within Syria and between its neighbours, as well as straight up funding and training Islamic extremists, both of which continued long after he stepped down.

You are correct,  I'm not aware of either of those things,  but that's probably because they didn't happen.

I don't know where you are getting your history from, but it's not correct.   Egypt and Syria both attacked Israel simultaneously and both got their asses kicked.

Israel would have happily levelled Damascus and held onto the Suez canal.  How do you think that would have played out?

Pezevenk

« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2019, 03:44:10 AM »

Nope,   it's  Shia versus Sunni,   a repressive minority Shia government in a majority Sunni country. 

Not clear if the Alawite are closer to Sunni than traditional Shia,  but they still hate each other.
Yep. That's all it is. Pack it up folks. That's why the same shit happened in almost every other country in the area and in North Africa in one form or the other. Jihadis have the ability to spontaneously organize and materialize weapons out of nowhere.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2019, 03:54:59 AM »
Yep. That's all it is. Pack it up folks. That's why the same shit happened in almost every other country in the area and in North Africa in one form or the other. Jihadis have the ability to spontaneously organize and materialize weapons out of nowhere.

First thing you've said that has an element of truth.  Jihadi's do in fact have the ability to radicalize gullible people, even on-line, in places as far away as Australia,  so yes they can materialize people as weapons out of nowhere.

Personal question,  do you have any Islamic friends?

Pezevenk

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2019, 04:17:58 AM »

You are correct,  I'm not aware of either of those things,  but that's probably because they didn't happen.

I don't know where you are getting your history from, but it's not correct.   Egypt and Syria both attacked Israel simultaneously and both got their asses kicked.

Israel would have happily levelled Damascus and held onto the Suez canal.  How do you think that would have played out?

Nice historical revisionism. They just attacked Israel for no reason unprovoked, right?

Also why are you acting like at the time of negotiations Israel held Damascus or whatever? They weren't in a position to hold these areas, it's not like the agreement ended unfavourably for Israel. They couldn't have "happily levelled Damascus and held on to the Suez Canal", they were being attacked on two fronts, and Syria and Egypt actually had some initial victories, there was no reason for them to want to prolong this, it wasn't a walk in the park like the Six Day war and it was costing them both lives and money.

You also seem to be ignoring that Kissinger was the one who shut down diplomacy with Sadat before the war, due to overconfidence in the ability of Israel to forever be unchallenged, which is what lead up to the war in the first place.

The fact that they couldn't always count on pure military might was what lead to a shift in policy which focused in funding other groups to do their job for them, and trying to trick Assad instead of actually trying to make long standing peace.

It's no secret that Islamic extremism has been supported on many instances by the US btw. Not even outlets like WaPo deny it. It's fairly open information.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2019, 04:19:33 AM »

First thing you've said that has an element of truth.  Jihadi's do in fact have the ability to radicalize gullible people, even on-line, in places as far away as Australia,  so yes they can materialize people as weapons out of nowhere.

Lmao yeah they just put their hand on the Quran, they say a couple of prayers, and suddenly BOOM they have an arsenal of RPGs.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2019, 04:51:49 PM »

Lmao yeah they just put their hand on the Quran, they say a couple of prayers, and suddenly BOOM they have an arsenal of RPGs.

Or a Truck in a crowded shopping mall.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »

Nice historical revisionism. They just attacked Israel for no reason unprovoked, right?

Also why are you acting like at the time of negotiations Israel held Damascus or whatever? They weren't in a position to hold these areas, it's not like the agreement ended unfavourably for Israel. They couldn't have "happily levelled Damascus and held on to the Suez Canal", they were being attacked on two fronts, and Syria and Egypt actually had some initial victories, there was no reason for them to want to prolong this, it wasn't a walk in the park like the Six Day war and it was costing them both lives and money.

You also seem to be ignoring that Kissinger was the one who shut down diplomacy with Sadat before the war, due to overconfidence in the ability of Israel to forever be unchallenged, which is what lead up to the war in the first place.

The fact that they couldn't always count on pure military might was what lead to a shift in policy which focused in funding other groups to do their job for them, and trying to trick Assad instead of actually trying to make long standing peace.

It's no secret that Islamic extremism has been supported on many instances by the US btw. Not even outlets like WaPo deny it. It's fairly open information.

Umm... so many errors of fact, it's hard to know where to begin, how about the fact that it was Nasser that was Predident of Egypt during the 6 day war,  Sadat didn't come to power until October 1970.

Why are you even talking about Assad,  even his father wasn't in power back in 1967,  Bashar didn't come to power until his father died in 2000,  and Hafez didn't become president until after the 6 day war.

Try and get the facts straight before you go blathering on and on about stuff you know nothing about.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »
Here's the short version of what actually happened ( on the Syrian front ) 

The Ba'ath party was dominated by members of the Alawite religious minority (12% of the Syrian population) and maintained a shrill anti-Israel stance in large part to divert the discontent of Syria's Sunni majority. The president of Syria at the time was Nur al-Din al-Atasi.

On May 13, 1967, the Soviet Union relayed false information to Syria and Egypt that Israeli forces were massing on Syria's border. This prompted Syria and Egypt to activate their military pact and figured in Nasser's subsequent steps towards war. Syrian planes bombed northern Israel on June 5, the first day of the war. The following day, Syrian forces attacked the Israeli communities of Tel Dan, Kibbutz Shaar Yashuv and Ashmura but were repelled by Israeli forces. The Syrian air force unsuccessfully attempted to bomb oil refineries in Haifa. Israeli forces counter-attacked on July 9 and 10, driving the Syrians from the Golan Heights and bringing the Six Day War to a close. Estimated Syrian losses were 2500 killed, 5000 wounded, and 591 taken prisoner.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:28:07 PM by JerkFace »

Pezevenk

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2019, 08:22:59 AM »

Do you think they're fighting in the middle east by driving trucks into their opponents? Do you think that's how ISIS got so powerful?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2019, 08:28:12 AM »

Umm... so many errors of fact, it's hard to know where to begin, how about the fact that it was Nasser that was Predident of Egypt during the 6 day war,  Sadat didn't come to power until October 1970.

Why are you even talking about Assad,  even his father wasn't in power back in 1967,  Bashar didn't come to power until his father died in 2000,  and Hafez didn't become president until after the 6 day war.

Try and get the facts straight before you go blathering on and on about stuff you know nothing about.

When did I say anything about the 6 day war? You do know there was another war after the 6 day war right? The only thing I said about the 6 day war is that it wasn't as successful for Syria and Egypt as the Yom Kippur war (which wasn't successful either, but challenged Israel much more). For whatever reason you're having an imaginary argument about what happened before the 6 day war when it wasn't mentioned. You were talking about the 1974 negotiations, remember? They had nothing to do with the 6 day war.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2019, 04:20:07 PM »

When did I say anything about the 6 day war? You do know there was another war after the 6 day war right? The only thing I said about the 6 day war is that it wasn't as successful for Syria and Egypt as the Yom Kippur war (which wasn't successful either, but challenged Israel much more). For whatever reason you're having an imaginary argument about what happened before the 6 day war when it wasn't mentioned. You were talking about the 1974 negotiations, remember? They had nothing to do with the 6 day war.

When did I mention the 1974 negotiations?    You were the one who introduced Kissinger to the debate. 

You also completely missed the point I was making.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2019, 04:25:35 PM »

Do you think they're fighting in the middle east by driving trucks into their opponents? Do you think that's how ISIS got so powerful?

Read what I wrote,  for once.  Here are a couple of examples.  No RPG's required.

On October 31, 2017, a man drove a rented pickup truck into cyclists and runners for about one mile (1.6 kilometers) of the Hudson River Park's bike path alongside West Street from Houston Street south to Chambers Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City. The vehicle-ramming attack killed eight people, six of whom foreign tourists, and injured eleven others. After crashing the truck into a school bus, the driver exited, apparently wielding two guns (later found to be a paintball gun and a pellet gun). He was shot in the abdomen by a policeman and arrested.[5] A flag and a document indicating allegiance to the terrorist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) were found in the truck.[6]

A federal grand jury indicted 29-year-old Sayfullo Habibullaevich Saipov, who had immigrated to the United States from Uzbekistan in 2010, with eight murders in the aid of racketeering, twelve attempted murders in the aid of racketeering, destruction of a motor vehicle and providing material support for a terrorist organization.[7]

On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19-tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people[2] and the injury of 458 others.[4] The driver was Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, a Tunisian resident of France.[5][6] The attack ended following an exchange of gunfire, during which Lahouaiej-Bouhlel was shot and killed by police.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack, saying Lahouaiej-Bouhlel answered its "calls to target citizens of coalition nations that fight the Islamic State". On 15 July, François Molins, the prosecutor for the Public Ministry, which is overseeing the investigation, said the attack bore the hallmarks of jihadist terrorism.[7]

On 15 July, French President François Hollande called the attack an act of Islamic terrorism, announced an extension of the state of emergency (which had been declared following the November 2015 Paris attacks) for a further three months, and announced an intensification of French airstrikes on ISIL in Syria and Iraq.[8][9] France later extended the state of emergency until 26 January 2017.[10] The French government declared three days of national mourning starting on 16 July. Thousands of extra police and soldiers were deployed while the government called on citizens to join the reserve forces.

On 21 July, prosecutor François Molins said that Lahouaiej-Bouhlel planned the attack for months and had help from accomplices.[11][12][13] By 1 August, six suspects had been taken into custody on charges of "criminal terrorist conspiracy", three of whom were also charged for complicity in murder in relation to a terrorist enterprise. On 16 December three further suspects, allegedly involved in the supply of illegal weapons to Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, were charged.[14][15][16] The attack has been classified as jihadist terrorism by Europol.[17]

The 2017 Stockholm truck attack was an Islamist terrorist attack which took place on 7 April of that year in central Stockholm, the capital of Sweden. A hijacked truck was deliberately driven into crowds along Drottninggatan (Queen Street) before being crashed into an Åhléns department store. Five people were killed including an eleven-year-old girl and 14 others were seriously injured.

The perpetrator was Rakhmat Akilov, a 39-year-old rejected asylum seeker and a citizen of Uzbekistan, who was apprehended several hours later. He had sworn allegiance to the Islamic State in a self-recorded video the day before the attack,[6] and Uzbek authorities said he had allegedly joined the group.[7] Akilov was convicted of murder and terrorist crimes, and sentenced to life in prison and, if released, deportion to Uzbekistan and lifetime expulsion from Sweden.[8]

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »
LOL.  I was thinking of trying to engage you in a discussion,  but I'm getting the feeling you are already a lost cause.  Try getting out more.
When confronted with sources, JerkFace screams incoherently.

LOL,  projecting.