New complete model of infinite flat earth

• 213 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: New complete model of infinite flat earth
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2019, 05:12:37 PM »
Our discussion here is not gonna go anywhere. You are asking me to defend flat earth by providing non religious, non conspiratorial and non alternative sources, and you know damn well that I can't do that because official sources deny flat earth. So you asking me to submit not evidence, but rather certain kind of evidence, which is why I said you discriminate against it.

The only evidence in favor of flat earth I can provide would be religious and non conventional which you guys absolutely refuse to accept. I'm really surprised that admins let this go on.

You did not prove round earth to me here. All you been saying is "it has been proven, it has been proven." You gave me no evidence who proved it and why I should believe it.
There is plenty of evidence that the surface of the Earth is curved everywhere.
Sunrises and Sunsets demonstrate this. If the earth were flat I can't see how the sun (and moon, planets and stars) could appear to be hidden "behind something" and slowly rise up top first as in this video (click anywhere, it links to a video):

An then the sun sets near the west with the bottom disappearing first:

LHG-0693 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.02, 300 mm

LHG-0697 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.29, 300 mm

The Sunrise video is from the Black Sea, the Sunset photos are from North Queensland and the lightjouse photos are from Western Australia.

There there are numerous examples of the "hidden height" changing quite predictably with the height of the observer (camera here).
These two photos seem to demonstrate curvature over an ocean quite well:

Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft above sea-level

Bathurst Lighthouse from 6 ft above sea-level

Then there is the classic:

Soundly Proving the Curvature of the Earth at Lake Pontchartrain

And then flat-Earthers seem to claim that "A fact of basic perspective is that the line of the horizon is always at eye level with the observer." from Basic Perspective

But that is easily proven to be untrue and there are plenty of videos showing that the horizon is at a predictable angle below eye-level.

I'll carry on with further evidence such as "a Globe has no uncrossable edges but a flat Earth must" etc if you wish!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:42:53 AM by rabinoz »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2019, 08:50:35 PM »
We've debunked your photos of this again and again Rab.

Thank you New Earth for coming back. We are the flatists that will topple the fucking ivory tower nonsense in front of us. If politics is corrupt - real power - knowledge must be a factor of ten above that. That is what history tells us.

Ideas and empires don't fall due to good wishes and prayers. They fall due to good men standing up for what's right.

I'm making a non-profit with the base concept - be good.

Good Lamb.

Want to help?

rvlvr

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2019, 11:14:05 PM »

Thank you New Earth for coming back. We are the flatists that will topple the fucking ivory tower nonsense in front of us. If politics is corrupt - real power - knowledge must be a factor of ten above that. That is what history tells us.

Ideas and empires don't fall due to good wishes and prayers. They fall due to good men standing up for what's right.

I'm making a non-profit with the base concept - be good.

Good Lamb.

Want to help?
I wanted to get drunk as well, but have to the cottage to rake leaves as the winter is coming. Clean the gutters, too.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2019, 12:54:56 AM »
Really? Using what totally unsupportably hypotheses?

Try again!