Hello from a Curious Round-Earther

• 6 Replies

dani

• i hope we get subway today
Hello from a Curious Round-Earther
« on: October 16, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
Hello all! I've posted something last June asking a question about flat earth views (because I am personally not a flat Earth believer), and I'm back again to ask more questions :-) I mean no disrespect to you all & am in no way intending to shame your viewpoints, I am simply here to learn more since my previous thread has been inactive for over a year.

1. Do you also believe other planets are flat as well? I asked this in my last post, but only one person answered (with an unclear response, to say the least), the rest of the discussion was people arguing with one another, so more answers would be appreciated!

2. Do you believe a heliocentric model over a geocentric one?

3. Do you think NASA has faked the Earth being round to us? If yes, please tell me why they would do something like that, what would be the benefit?

4. What do you think of the Moon? I don't really know how else to word this question, but I guess I'm trying to ask if you believe it revolves around the Earth or not?

5. What was the "evidence" that made you believe the Earth isn't round? I'm curious to hear some personal stories!

I think that's all I have for now, thank you in advance for the replies, and please, if there are any other round Earth believers like myself who might stumble across this, be respectful :-) I'm not here to listen to arguments.
Have a nice day/night, everyone!
:~) dani

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • Thread Janitor
Re: Hello from a Curious Round-Earther
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:27:41 PM »

I mean no disrespect to you all & am in no way intending to shame your viewpoints,

The why would you preface your post with that?

dani

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 07:35:45 PM »

I mean no disrespect to you all & am in no way intending to shame your viewpoints,

The why would you preface your post with that?

I was just trying to clarify that I'm simply curious about learning more about flat Earth society and am not here to belittle anyone, because I have seen some round Earth believers on here being rude instead of calmly having a discussion, that's all!

Stash

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 07:44:00 PM »
Hello all! I've posted something last June asking a question about flat earth views (because I am personally not a flat Earth believer), and I'm back again to ask more questions :-) I mean no disrespect to you all & am in no way intending to shame your viewpoints, I am simply here to learn more since my previous thread has been inactive for over a year.

1. Do you also believe other planets are flat as well? I asked this in my last post, but only one person answered (with an unclear response, to say the least), the rest of the discussion was people arguing with one another, so more answers would be appreciated!

3. Do you think NASA has faked the Earth being round to us? If yes, please tell me why they would do something like that, what would be the benefit?

4. What do you think of the Moon? I don't really know how else to word this question, but I guess I'm trying to ask if you believe it revolves around the Earth or not?

5. What was the "evidence" that made you believe the Earth isn't round? I'm curious to hear some personal stories!

I think that's all I have for now, thank you in advance for the replies, and please, if there are any other round Earth believers like myself who might stumble across this, be respectful :-) I'm not here to listen to arguments.

1) Typically, most flat earthers would say 'no' the other celestial bodies, or wandering stars, are, in fact, spherical. But Earth is unique and at the center. So it's not quite comparable to these other, wandering stars.

2) Typically, most flat earthers would say 'no', in a way. No to heliocentric, yes to a geocentric stationary flat earth.

3) Typically, most flat earthers would say 'yes'. Why and to what benefit? They are obvious, for one; space exploration poses an obvious evidentiary threat to a flat earth belief. Search and poke around the forums/wiki and you will find all the arguments for and against.

4) Typically, most flat earthers would say the moon revolves over a flat earth. Search and poke around the forums/wiki and you will find all the arguments for and against.

5) I'm out.
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

dani

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 07:48:53 PM »

1) Typically, most flat earthers would say 'no' the other celestial bodies, or wandering stars, are, in fact, spherical. But Earth is unique and at the center. So it's not quite comparable to these other, wandering stars.

2) Typically, most flat earthers would say 'no', in a way. No to heliocentric, yes to a geocentric stationary flat earth.

3) Typically, most flat earthers would say 'yes'. Why and to what benefit? They are obvious, for one; space exploration poses an obvious evidentiary threat to a flat earth belief. Search and poke around the forums/wiki and you will find all the arguments for and against.

4) Typically, most flat earthers would say the moon revolves over a flat earth. Search and poke around the forums/wiki and you will find all the arguments for and against.

5) I'm out.
So, to sum it up, you would basically say you believe the Earth is at the centre of the solar system, and everything revolves around it, and that is the only flat being in our solar system, yes? Very interesting, thank you for the reply!

Stash

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 07:59:10 PM »

5) I'm out.
So, to sum it up, you would basically say you believe the Earth is at the centre of the solar system, and everything revolves around it, and that is the only flat being in our solar system, yes? Very interesting, thank you for the reply!

Mostly, typically a flat earth belief, again, typically, would be (there are many variations on the theme worth exploring here):

Belief that the Earth is at the centre of the solar system, and everything revolves around above it, and that is the it may be the only flat being in our solar system.
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

dani

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 10:08:21 AM »

5) I'm out.

Mostly, typically a flat earth belief, again, typically, would be (there are many variations on the theme worth exploring here):

Belief that the Earth is at the centre of the solar system, and everything revolves around above it, and that is the it may be the only flat being in our solar system.
Very interesting, thanks so much!   :D