There is no way it's all random luck... impossible

• 164 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: There is no way it's all random luck... impossible
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2019, 03:45:49 AM »

For all you know, we are living in a simulation by a race orbiting a black hole at the end of their universes useful life.

Or you may be a speck on a worm's butthole?

Your imagination is the limit  8)

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2019, 04:31:54 AM »
You are a fucking moron...I mean for real. I know I asked in the thread in angry ranting if you ever provided anything of substance, I knew it was a silly question. I also know your entire point is trying to insult me to help with your own pathetic failures and insecurities, but you always make yourself look dumber in the process.

"In bosonic string theory, spacetime is 26-dimensional, while in superstring theory it is 10-dimensional, and in M-theory it is 11-dimensional. "

That is directly from wiki you posted. YOU need to learn string theory before you pop your mouth off.
*Sigh* nobody is denying string theory involves multiple dimensions - that's not the laughable part of your assertion.  This is the ludicrous bit:

"Anything above the 4th dimension is away from the effects of time. So let's put God in the 10th, He is not effected by time, so there is no cause and effect. Something does not have to create Him, He can simply just exist. "
Now where in string theory can you find support for this shit?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2019, 04:54:37 AM »
You are a fucking moron...I mean for real. I know I asked in the thread in angry ranting if you ever provided anything of substance, I knew it was a silly question. I also know your entire point is trying to insult me to help with your own pathetic failures and insecurities, but you always make yourself look dumber in the process.

"In bosonic string theory, spacetime is 26-dimensional, while in superstring theory it is 10-dimensional, and in M-theory it is 11-dimensional. "

That is directly from wiki you posted. YOU need to learn string theory before you pop your mouth off.
*Sigh* nobody is denying string theory involves multiple dimensions - that's not the laughable part of your assertion.  This is the ludicrous bit:

"Anything above the 4th dimension is away from the effects of time. So let's put God in the 10th, He is not effected by time, so there is no cause and effect. Something does not have to create Him, He can simply just exist. "

In other words, time would no longer be a linear dimension

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2019, 05:07:10 AM »

Tried to find the simplest and shortest shit I could find on Google.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2014-12-universe-dimensions.amp

As always here, a know nothing acting as if they have any sort of knowledge what so ever.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2019, 05:45:57 AM »

As always here, a know nothing acting as if they have any sort of knowledge what so ever.
I'm not the one pretending to understand string theory.

Again, nothing in that article supports this assertion:

There is no mention of cause and effect in that article.

You do know they haven't actually found any physical evidence these dimensions even exist, don't you?  String theory is a mathematical construct and if you don't understand the maths, you probably don't understand theory. 

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2019, 06:12:08 AM »

I'm not the one pretending to understand string theory.

Again, nothing in that article supports this assertion:

There is no mention of cause and effect in that article.

You do know they haven't actually found any physical evidence these dimensions even exist, don't you?  String theory is a mathematical construct and if you don't understand the maths, you probably don't understand theory.

When time is out of the equation there is no cause and effect. It's not rocket science to understand. I suggest you actually READ the article instead of just looking at the title.

You know if you spent your time actually conversing instead of putting your insecurities out in the forms of attacks and trying to belittle...you might actually learn something.

String theory is not overly hard to understand in design. The complex math experiment that is used to form it is a bit different and I will leave that to the mathematicians.

Of course I know it hasn't been proven...why do you think I didn't even call it a theory, instead a hypothesis. It will forever be one and never able to be proven. Even if it was 100 percent right, we are just pathetic little 3 dimensional creatures...the other stuff is far out of our pay grade.

It's just a fun thought experiment and makes sense in structure at least.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2019, 06:14:16 AM »
So, how long is a string?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2019, 06:29:00 AM »
So, how long is a string?

Start pulling until your pants come unraveled

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2019, 06:31:48 AM »

Lorddave

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2019, 06:54:39 AM »
We have bones, fossil records, and some experiments with bacteria.

There is nothing strong with fossil records. People just see what they want when using that as evidence, no different than a creationist seeing what they want with their evidence.

All faith based.

As for the bacteria experiments. The longest one conducted was 20 some years and I forget how many millions of generations. No new genetic code was added, so that was a bust for the evolution we are debating.

Why?  Fossil record at least shows us various phases of animals.  We can see bone structures that are common now but uncommon prior.  As an example.
Religion has an oral history or a book written when people thought the sun revolved around the earth.

Also:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._coli_long-term_evolution_experiment

Gene sequences were altered.  New material, probably not much, but definitely mutations.  And all you need is a mutation with an extra gene sequence to get new material.

Also also: I don't know how DNA encodes neural links, but it does when growing the brain.  Science will figure out how eventually but until then, we can only guess.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2019, 07:06:49 AM »
When time is out of the equation there is no cause and effect.
So, where does it say "time is out of the equation" in anything you have linked? 

It's not rocket science to understand.
No, it's actually quite a bit harder to understand than rocket science.  It's just the Dunning–Kruger is strong in you, so you think you're an expert after half watching some youtube video whilst driving.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2019, 08:15:31 AM »
There is literally no one that knows anything about string theory that I can think of who would argue that the STILL VERY HYPOTHETICAL additional dimensions exist outside of time.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2019, 10:20:14 AM »
There is literally no one that knows anything about string theory that I can think of who would argue that the STILL VERY HYPOTHETICAL additional dimensions exist outside of time.

You haven't asked me yet.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2019, 06:45:12 PM »
When time is out of the equation there is no cause and effect.
So, where does it say "time is out of the equation" in anything you have linked? 

It's not rocket science to understand.
No, it's actually quite a bit harder to understand than rocket science.  It's just the Dunning–Kruger is strong in you, so you think you're an expert after half watching some youtube video whilst driving.

Don't deflect your own insecurities on me.

I never said I was an expert on string theory liar. I did study it in college because I thought it was an interesting idea. Read up on it from time to time now.

Oh here is another dipshit

String theory is not overly hard to understand in design. The complex math experiment that is used to form it is a bit different and I will leave that to the mathematicians.

Another lie from you per the norm. This is what I said about string theory, and I didn't say it was easy. That's just for the honest people here.

As to time, that answer will be below.

Ok first liar...

Of course I know it hasn't been proven...why do you think I didn't even call it a theory, instead a hypothesis. It will forever be one and never able to be proven. Even if it was 100 percent right, we are just pathetic little 3 dimensional creatures...the other stuff is far out of our pay grade.

It's just a fun thought experiment and makes sense in structure at least.

Never said anything about it being anything more than a thought experiment. Can you ever stop lying? Or is it just something you are?

As for the upper dimensions not being ruled by time...

First off, I doubt you know anyone that knows anything about string theory.

Second, if you do they must not be the brightest or actually know nothing about it.

Third, besides the fact it has been said by the creator of the damn idea, it is obvious. If something sitting in the 10th dimension can see all the infinite possibilities, choices, universes etc etc... AND can see or be in any spot at any time... Time has 0 rule over this dimension and even lower ones.

It may be confusing and rocket science to you....it isn't that way to everyone genius.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2019, 07:02:46 PM »
Get your anger in check. This isn't the board for it. Second, you are clearly misunderstanding what a dimension is. That's fine, but you aren't right about this. It's patently obvious this is not something you studied in college. And there is nothing in string theory that suggests what you say it does about any dimension existing outside of the influence of time.

If you suggest otherwise, go ahead and share a reference.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2019, 07:30:12 PM »
Get your anger in check. This isn't the board for it. Second, you are clearly misunderstanding what a dimension is. That's fine, but you aren't right about this. It's patently obvious this is not something you studied in college. And there is nothing in string theory that suggests what you say it does about any dimension existing outside of the influence of time.

Ah, I figured that warning came from you. So you can say and do whatever you want yet others can't...it's okay, I would get tired of being called out too. You absolutely should not be a mod.

Ok, as usual you are saying things that make no sense.

Maybe you can explain how the 10th dimension is basically the definition of a god. Be anywhere and see everything all at once (cutting it very short) and still be at the mercy of time.

Especially in every universe etc time will go at a different speed etc.

I think it is you that needs to read up on it...or maybe you just don't get it, I dunno.

Oh, and I didn't take courses on string theory (I don't even think there is a thing) I just studied it some during that time because I thought it was interesting.

Don't put words in my mouth as usual.

So you going to explain it to me since I am so dumb?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2019, 07:36:26 PM »

Ah, I figured that warning came from you. So you can say and do whatever you want yet others can't...it's okay, I would get tired of being called out too. You absolutely should not be a mod.
My name was literally on the warning. There was no figuring to be done.

Maybe you can explain how the 10th dimension is basically the definition of a god. Be anywhere and see everything all at once (cutting it very short) and still be at the mercy of time.
What you are saying isn't how any extra dimension is described. But the book Flatland provides a glance into how extra spacial dimensions can be intuited. Maybe check it out. There's literally no indication that temporal dimensions can just be traversed at will, or experienced all at once. Which is what your assertion is. The assertion that you still haven't provided a citation for. Because there isn't a citation that backs you up. Because it's not real.

Now. Do you think you can get yourself under control, or do you need some time away?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2019, 07:39:21 PM »
I never said I was an expert on string theory liar. I did study it in college because I thought it was an interesting idea.

It's patently obvious this is not something you studied in college.
Oh, and I didn't take courses on string theory (I don't even think there is a thing) I just studied it some during that time because I thought it was interesting.

Wow. Just wow.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2019, 08:10:12 PM »
I never said I was an expert on string theory liar. I did study it in college because I thought it was an interesting idea.

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, as in while I was in college I didn't say I took courses for it or anything. I don't even think there are such a thing. So don't misrepresent what I said.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2019, 08:19:23 PM »

My name was literally on the warning. There was no figuring to be done.

What you are saying isn't how any extra dimension is described. But the book Flatland provides a glance into how extra spacial dimensions can be intuited. Maybe check it out. There's literally no indication that temporal dimensions can just be traversed at will, or experienced all at once. Which is what your assertion is. The assertion that you still haven't provided a citation for. Because there isn't a citation that backs you up. Because it's not real.

Now. Do you think you can get yourself under control, or do you need some time away?

I didn't even look at it, just saw the title. My bad, didn't see your name there.

I have never read that book, I will get it in electronic copy if there is a version available as I find the idea interesting.

You do know there are many different versions of it. I will give you the benefit of a doubt there COULD be something in that book...though I find it unlikely.

Sticking with Michio Kaku's version, how could the dimensions above time (I keep saying above as each extra dimension adds more complexity, variables and laws) still be controlled by such.

You have infinite universes, all under different laws, total mass etc etc etc (trying to keep it short). It makes zero sense that time would have any control whatsoever to the higher dimensions, especially the 10th (or whatever the highest is as the number depending on version bounces from 8-26)...

It makes zero sense....time would be a variable, but it would not be a form of control.

Explain otherwise if this does not make sense.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2019, 08:23:37 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

Yes, as in while I was in college I didn't say I took courses for it or anything. I don't even think there are such a thing. So don't misrepresent what I said.
I didn't misrepresent anything. And I didn't put words in your mouth. You said you studied string theory. You did not study string theory. I stated that it was obvious that you did not study string theory. Your own words have demonstrated that. None of this has anything to do with abiogenesis or evolution, except for the fact that you somehow think the extra spatial dimensions mean god can live there because it is outside time, which you also haven't given a citation to support and there isn't anything within the framework of String Theory or it's buddy M-Theory to really support.

If you have an argument to make, please feel free to make it. Thus far, you have not, and lashing out at me isn't going to fix that. Let's start with your assertion that somehow the extra spatial dimensions hypothesized by string theory aren't subject to the effects of the temporal dimension(s) that also exist. Please support that assertion.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »
Sticking with Michio Kaku's version, how could the dimensions above time (I keep saying above as each extra dimension adds more complexity, variables and laws) still be controlled by such.

You have infinite universes, all under different laws, total mass etc etc etc (trying to keep it short). It makes zero sense that time would have any control whatsoever to the higher dimensions, especially the 10th (or whatever the highest is as the number depending on version bounces from 8-26)...

It makes zero sense....time would be a variable, but it would not be a form of control.

There really isn't an "above" in terms of dimensions. We experience the ones we experience, so they got the first 4 numbers. But that doesn't mean that other dimensions, should they exist, are any more special or exist in some other "plane of existence" or anything (and you didn't state that explicitly, it's more of the metaphysical interpretation of what dimensions are, and you kind of alluded to it in your interpretation). In string theory, as it relates to theoretical physics, there are spatial dimensions and there are temporal ones. They are all intertwined. The spatial dimensions we don't directly measure are thought to be compactified into manifolds with pretty specific geometrical restrictions. But that doesn't mean things exist that aren't still subject to temporal dimensions (of which, there may be only one so the plural is really just because it felt right to type) and the arrow of time.

Flatland is a really cool story. it's told from the vantage point of a 2 spatial dimensional being that gets brought into the 3 spatial dimensions we know, and how it is a real challenge to even understand what that means to such a creature.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:31:10 PM by boydster »

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2019, 08:38:54 PM »
And the multi worlds concept is separate entirely. It works in the number of dimensions we already experience. It works in higher dimensions. There's the idea that there could be "branes" with different physics that might involve taking higher numbers of dimensions into account, but you're so far into speculation-land at that point that it really doesn't even make sense to discuss right now. Those branes crashing into each other might make big bangs. They might destroy universes. They might just not exist at all. It's literally unknowable at this point and it's silly to pigeonhole a god of any kind into that kind of place. That's playing "God-of-the-gaps" and it's just a weak argument hardly befitting an omnipotent and omniscient entity of any kind.

I'm not saying you are wrong that there could have been a first-cause god of some sort that just kicked things off and then left it alone. It's kind of unprovable. But I am saying that invoking string theory to say this god lives in the higher dimensions is appealing to what the woo-woo pop metaphysics people want you to keep buying and they don't deserve anyone's money.

Lorddave

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2019, 09:06:51 PM »
I know almost nothing about string theory but if we take the lower dimensions as an example, each builds off the ones before.

So 3rd is basically 2nd stacked together infinitely.  4th is 3rd stacked together infinitely. So taking that, time would exist in any higher dimension, it just would be a part of it rather than the limit.

Also: since time is a measure of action, any area without time has no action.  No velocity.  No change.  Thus, if God exists outside of Time, God does nothing.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2019, 11:22:56 PM »
Hey, just for fun . . .

Time exists so everything doesn't happen all at once.

;D

OK, back to the thread . . .

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2019, 01:35:01 AM »
Hey, just for fun . . .

;D

Plenty of eggheads have theories that time is merely an illusion. Here is one

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-04558-7

Some eggheads argue that every particle since the moment of the big bang is pre determined (making one ponder if any of us have free will)

Some eggheads argue that the past, present and future exist concurrently or at the same time

Or that time as a linear construct is merely our conscious perception and not what actually is.

None of you know anything so to hang shit on other people in the realm of anything theoretical or unknown is kinda silly

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2019, 01:45:41 AM »
Damn, dude, you were just supposed to chuckle.    ;)

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2019, 01:51:51 AM »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2019, 01:53:12 AM »
Hey, just for fun . . .

;D

Time is an illusion,  lunchtime doubly so.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2019, 02:02:36 AM »
Thus, if God exists outside of Time, God does nothing.

That doesn't rule out the existence or concept of a creator or an intelligence which sparked the creation of the universe though.

If it exists in a place outside of time or outside our universe then that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Just that us plebs in this 4D space-time will never be able to interact with it. And God is simply 'hands off' in the matters of our universe.

Check out this clip by David Attenborough especially from about 3 minutes

Can we definitely say we don't lack any senses? Would the termites believe they have everything there is to have?

Know your place