Where is Sigma Octantis if the Earth is flat?

• 64 Replies

Macarios

Re: Where is Sigma Octantis if the Earth is flat?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2019, 04:38:13 AM »
Crepuscular rays rotate?
Nope.

Anti-crepuscular rays are just the opposite ends of the crepuscular rays.
They are the same rays.
They don't rotate, otherwise it would mean that "the Dome" rotates in north-south direction with east-west axis.

Also, northern stars don't extend into southern stars.
We have unique set of the stars at the north and completely different set of the stars at the south.
Since they rotate it means that the dome rotates in east-west direction.

If crepuscular / anti-crepuscular rays rotate AND northern and southern stars rotate,
it would mean that "the Dome" rotates in multiple directions simultaneously.

Now, back to the OP:

The whole story about rotation of stars doesn't explain at all how is Sigma Octatntis
at the same moment visible due south from South Africa and from Argentina
before we even take time to observe any further star rotation.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2019, 05:07:50 AM »
But regardless

Still no comment from tomB how he can use an east-west map in his ad hoc explanation of the differnet star trails.

Come on tomB!
How does an east-west map exist?

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2019, 03:31:56 PM »
As far as I'm concerned this topic is dead.  I've been posting this on Nathan Oakley's discord every now and then and still no response.  No flattie wants to even attempt an explanation.

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »
As far as I'm concerned this topic is dead.  I've been posting this on Nathan Oakley's discord every now and then and still no response.  No flattie wants to even attempt an explanation.

There is no explanation they can offer, not one that makes sense anyway.  If you stick around here for any length of time, you'll see this particular point comes up regularly and gets ignored every time. 
With all the woes facing our planet do we need a flat earth to add to them...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2019, 11:15:37 PM »

There is no explanation they can offer, not one that makes sense anyway.  If you stick around here for any length of time, you'll see this particular point comes up regularly and gets ignored every time.
If you'd like some RANDOM THOUGHTS on Sigma Octantis have a look at this thread:
Flat Earth General / “Sigma Octantis” and the Infinite Plane? « Message by Plat Terra on August 31, 2019, 05:02:35 PM »