Society is getting worse

• 34 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Society is getting worse
« on: October 10, 2019, 07:45:40 PM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10107166/student-googled-how-to-make-friend-touched-schoolgirl-faces-jail/

No wonder society is going down the shitter. The only way to meet people is online and heaven forbid you try physically interacting with someone. No wonder she's hysterical. Meeting new people in the real world is a foreign concept these days

The prosecuter who is probably old enough to recognise the value of real social interaction is simply cashing in on the girls hysteria at the expense of a guys freedom for years and prospects for the rest of his life.

I get that we should be 'stranger danger' aware but if the first thought about anyone is that 'they are out to rape me' then we as a society is only becoming more disconnected and that is not a good thing.

To hell with Facebook, Twitter and instagram. They are not the way to interact with people. Some people are socially awkward. They can't help it. If they misstep a situation should they be punished with jail? The only actual 'harm' being done is perpetuating to the girl that everyone is out to get her. I bet 99.99% of all males she walks past have zero harmful intentions. The rest of the fraction might picture her naked and the most likely person statistically to have harmful intention is those she already knows and trusts. Ie family.

I acknowledge that this is an article by 'main flame media' 'The Sun'
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:47:12 PM by Shifter »

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Society is getting worse
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 09:54:46 PM »
I went to the taco shop around the block this evening.
A cute, I don't know, 54 year old lady ordered some rolled tacos.
She was wearing a Domino's Pizza shirt.
The Domino's was around the other corner.

We chatted for five minutes about not work.

She was tired of free pizza, blah, blah, blah.
We talked about going to go fishing at the pier with my 12 year old great nephew
and her young grand daughter.

Her order came up.
As she turned I held out my hand and said, "My name's Glenn"
She stepped in for a hug and told me her name.

She said find her at work to exchange numbers.
Probably because there are plenty of security cameras  there.
I don't care, I'll give her my passport.

I think you are jaded.

This is so fucking outside my bailiwick.
And at the most opportune moment to rub your nose in your idea of meeting people.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 11:50:53 PM »

We talked about going to go fishing at the pier with my 12 year old great nephew

Her order came up.

I think you are jaded.

And at the most opportune moment to rub your nose in your idea of meeting people.

Your generation is a dying breed. Where people grew up without the internet, social media, mobile phones etc. These millenniels are entitled narcissistic spoiled brats who have no idea how to really communicate with another human being.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:20 AM »

Your generation is a dying breed.

god damn brutal    ;)

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 02:29:21 AM »
Your generation is a dying breed. Where people grew up without the internet, social media, mobile phones etc. These millenniels are entitled narcissistic spoiled brats who have no idea how to really communicate with another human being.
Says one generation about the previous since civilisation started.

I think a lot of "millenniels" view the previous couple of generations as the spoiled brats - they had more opportunities and certainties, yet still become moaning old twats like you.

There are probably real issues with the internet making us more atomised and fractured as a society, but that's hardly young peoples' fault, is it? 
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Lorddave

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 03:23:05 AM »

Her order came up.

I think you are jaded.

You're probably one of those young punks who listen to that crap Rock n Roll, aren't you?  Bunch of noise is what it is.  And you kids, don't know how to dance.  You just swing around and wiggle your genitals like some bird trying to mate.

You spoiled, undiscipled brats.  You think its so bad?  I fought in world war 2!  I got shot at by Nazis while storming Normandy you ingrateful welp!  I lived through the great depression where food was a god damn luxury.  But you don't even bother finishing what's on your plate!  Wasteful!
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 03:39:31 AM »
My argument is simply that human interaction is getting worse. Technology has not made us better. It's made everyone more self absorbed and drifted us further apart than ever before. Most people don't even know there own neighbours. People add thousands of 'friends'  online but barely know any of them. 'Going out' consists of everyone with their head in the screen. People look at the world viewed with a shitty camera lens. So many people only seem to do something positive with a 'what's in it for me' like when you see someone take a selfie giving a homeless person some spare change.

Also, I don't care for rock and roll. Never really cared about music. I think the first and one of the only songs I ever bought was 'blue' by Eiffel 65 lol. That was my style!

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »

My argument is simply that human interaction is getting worse. Technology has not made us better. It's made everyone more self absorbed and drifted us further apart than ever before.

I blame rock-and-Roll.
That shit destroyed society.

Goddam Rolling Stones and Beetles.

We're all going to die again. ::)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2019, 05:22:14 AM »
In fact, society is not getting worse, society is returning to the way it really was. In fact, because everything was digital, everything was fictional, everything is made up of letters, numbers and electricity. on the other hand, when you remove a stone then you find a cheating of NASA, USA, Russia or other dominant powers under it.

the so-called "natural" life, which is temporarily constructed, is spontaneously transformed into its original form, the "artificial, virtual" form. I'm sorry, we didn't talk about it from the beginning, or at least, I don't remember.

it was a discontinuity that people and animals had feelings. what was essential was that emotions and feelings were digital and subsequently added. people are gradually getting rid of the false and virtual emotions that have been added to them later, they are becoming real, they are emotionless, meaningless, non-spiritual, believing in matter only and exist only for material reasons. Despite all our opposing arguments and war, we have to admit, we are going to lost.

Direct hit: humans -0 ; transformers -1
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2019, 05:38:56 AM »
That actually makes some sense.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2019, 08:07:42 AM »
While I agree with Shitler about human interaction getting worse, I do not think this article is a good example. That guy was stalking her. Now, I don't count what he did as "sexual assault" but I think it was creepy as fuck. She had good reason to be scared of him on the second encounter. He's probably followed her all the way home, he probably knows her schedule at school, he probably knows what car her mom drives. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »
While I agree with Shitler about human interaction getting worse, I do not think this article is a good example. That guy was stalking her. Now, I don't count what he did as "sexual assault" but I think it was creepy as fuck. She had good reason to be scared of him on the second encounter. He's probably followed her all the way home, he probably knows her schedule at school, he probably knows what car her mom drives.

Does he deserve 10 years in jail and suffering diminished prospects for the rest of his life (sex offender list) or would a good clip over the ears and schooling him in better ways to approach people be better

Making a criminal out of him puts society at a loss. Having a crush on someone is not against the law. Neither is being shy.

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2019, 04:11:01 PM »
No, I don't think what he did should be punished with 10yrs in prison. That is ridiculous.

I do not think it was a just a shy guy with a crush. He was stalking her.

I do not think these two opinions contradict each other.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Lorddave

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2019, 11:17:04 PM »
People don't write letters anymore.  The art of elegant letter writing is lost forever.

Yes, we are less social physically with our closest neighbors but i think thats more American than everywhere.  Americans are very private and not having to socialize with neighbors to fulfill the human need for social contact has led us to not bother.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2019, 11:49:46 PM »
There's a reoccurring line I hear on the Joe Rogan Podcast.  It's not very eloquent but it is interesting.  "We're being fed by people who don't love us".
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 11:55:17 PM »
No, I don't think what he did should be punished with 10yrs in prison. That is ridiculous.

I do not think it was a just a shy guy with a crush. He was stalking her.

I do not think these two opinions contradict each other.

His approach is no different to a lame romantic comedy/drama movie. Especially Asian ones.

I had one Korean lady give advice once. At first they say no but you keep working at it until they say yes. They like to be chased and they like to know you will fight for them. I guess a long winded way of saying 'hard to get'

But these days maybe that is old fashioned and can land someone in a lot of trouble!

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 07:26:38 AM »
Shifter, that is a load of shitler.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »
I acknowledge that this is an article by 'main flame media' 'The Sun'
Then why are you paying so much attention to this? You keep doing this over and over again, you find something stupid in some tabloid and then you acknowledge it's from a stupid tabloid seeking attention but you still pay attention to it. That's what tabloids do, they look for a one in ten million case, and then they exaggerate it to get clicks by angry people reacting. It is especially effective when it is targeted at an older audience and shits on younger people, since older people are always eager for whatever reason to shit on younger people and because since they don't really have an accurate perspective of younger people they are prone to lapping up whatever dumb shit the tabloids tell them about them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 12:53:16 PM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 01:01:30 PM »
Also even reading the article doesn't paint that impression. He's not just some "shy and awkward student", he's some college student who was stalking a high school student and touched her on two occasions. The title makes it seem like he was just some fellow classmate or whatever trying to make friends. People who just want to make friends don't try to grab random people twice. He doesn't deserve the maximum sentence but he's not getting the maximum sentence, that's not how courts work. Ever seen the back of a road sign where it says that the maximum sentence of harming it is some absurd shit? Ever seen these warnings DVDs put before the movie starts where they say the maximum sentence of ripping the DVD is years in jail? Do you think anyone convicted of ripping a DVD or harming a road sign has spent months or years in prison?

He shouldn't be jailed and I don't think he will but it's not wrong to bring the matter to justice probably, maybe someone can get him some help and get him to stop being creepy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 01:05:15 PM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »
Also even reading the article doesn't paint that impression. He's not just some "shy and awkward student", he's some college student who was stalking a high school student and touched her on two occasions. The title makes it seem like he was just some fellow classmate or whatever trying to make friends. People who just want to make friends don't try to grab random people twice. He doesn't deserve the maximum sentence but he's not getting the maximum sentence, that's not how courts work. Ever seen the back of a road sign where it says that the maximum sentence of harming it is some absurd shit? Ever seen these warnings DVDs put before the movie starts where they say the maximum sentence of ripping the DVD is years in jail? Do you think anyone convicted of ripping a DVD or harming a road sign has spent months or years in prison?

He shouldn't be jailed and I don't think he will but it's not wrong to bring the matter to justice probably, maybe someone can get him some help and get him to stop being creepy.

I don't disagree with this. However, he doesn't deserve jail or to be listed as a sex offender (which ruins someone's life till their death).

Maybe some mandatory counseling, an evaluation from a psychologist and some community service. If he acts up again, then up the ante.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Pezevenk

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 02:34:39 PM »
I don't disagree with this. However, he doesn't deserve jail or to be listed as a sex offender (which ruins someone's life till their death).

Maybe some mandatory counseling, an evaluation from a psychologist and some community service. If he acts up again, then up the ante.
Yeah that's what I said.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »

No. It isn't. I know the advice given to me. You can't change my reality by telling me it is full of shit.

And don't pretend you know Asian culture or Asian romantic dramas. Go watch a few k-dramas and see what I mean. I recommend 'love from another star' or 'secret garden' :)

It would be terrible for women if men used these shows as a manual for how to treat them lol

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2019, 02:56:04 PM »

Yeah that's what I said.

The words from the prosecuter make it sound like he is after a custodial sentence and labelling him a sex offender.

Of course, none of us were there. None of us know if this guy is a creep or has some level of aspergers/autism that makes reading social cues wrong, therefore less a creep. I bet if it was known he had these sorts of problems the prosecuter would still push for the maximum they can get. It's their job.

Justice is not something that is handed down by courts a lot. Certainly here anyway. Murderers and child rapists are out in a few years. Mentally ill people are thrown away not getting help they need. Rich people get off because they have money or status.

Know your place

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »
Can we also stop complaining about millennials when the people involved are clearly Gen Z? Millennials are now minimum 23 years old.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2019, 03:31:02 PM »

No. It isn't. I know the advice given to me. You can't change my reality by telling me it is full of shit.

And don't pretend you know Asian culture or Asian romantic dramas. Go watch a few k-dramas and see what I mean. I recommend 'love from another star' or 'secret garden' :)

It would be terrible for women if men used these shows as a manual for how to treat them lol

The advice is a bunch of shitler.

If you've been paying attention at all to South Korea, you'd know the women were in the streets protesting sexual assault and spy cameras just a month ago.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2019, 04:31:18 PM »

The advice is a bunch of shitler.

If you've been paying attention at all to South Korea, you'd know the women were in the streets protesting sexual assault and spy cameras just a month ago.

The advice is shit for Western country/people. In South Korea it's how things used to be. No different to playing 'hard to get'. Any woman chased by a guy but enjoys it / makes him work hard to get her.

Sexual assault / spy cameras are different to what I'm talking about all together and are despised by anyone, anywhere that has a shred od decency

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 04:33:09 PM »
Can we also stop complaining about millennials when the people involved are clearly Gen Z? Millennials are now minimum 23 years old.

I am 37. I'm allowed to complain and think millennials overall are a bunch of sad, detached losers. Decent folk in the millennial crowd are the exception, not the rule

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2019, 04:58:41 PM »
The advice is shit no matter where you are. "Playing hard to get" is an excuse men invented so they could justify being creeps.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2019, 05:25:27 PM »

I am 37. I'm allowed to complain and think millennials overall are a bunch of sad, detached losers. Decent folk in the millennial crowd are the exception, not the rule
The problem is your complaining about millennials while talking about an article discussing Gen Z.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »

The advice is shit for Western country/people. In South Korea it's how things used to be. No different to playing 'hard to get'. Any woman chased by a guy but enjoys it / makes him work hard to get her.

Sexual assault / spy cameras are different to what I'm talking about all together and are despised by anyone, anywhere that has a shred od decency

I've got to say I almost think the whole "hard to get" thing seems like something made up by the movies.  This is just my observations from watching the people around me and from personal experience.  I've never seen a persistent "chase" go well.  Maybe it makes for an interesting movie.  I have a theory that a huge percentage of love stories in movies are written by gay men that have no idea how heterosexual relationships work.

Women decide pretty much instantly if they're into you or not.  If they are into you then your job during courtship is just to facilitate that and try to hide your perversions and abnormalities until she knows you a little better.  If they're not into you then nothing can change that. 
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget