Please dont call Solar system Heliocentric system

• 11 Replies
Please dont call Solar system Heliocentric system
« on: October 02, 2019, 10:56:15 AM »
I noticed that you flatearthers are using a very inaccurate term the heliocentric system. I dont believe in heliocentric system. Noone probably today does. That is what Copernicus or Galileo believed in. They claimed that the Sun is the centre of the universe and everything rotates around it. All stars all planets et cetera. I know that it is just formality but it irritates me a lot :D

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
Re: Please dont call Solar system Heliocentric system
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:00:39 AM »
I noticed that you flatearthers are using a very inaccurate term the heliocentric system. I dont believe in heliocentric system. Noone probably today does. That is what Copernicus or Galileo believed in. They claimed that the Sun is the centre of the universe and everything rotates around it. All stars all planets et cetera. I know that it is just formality but it irritates me a lot :D

You could say that the centre is 'everywhere' depending on your frame of reference. So it is not entirely incorrect to say the Sun is the centre. Or Earth. Or Mars. Or even that planet in the Triangulum galaxy filled with hot 3 breasted women. Any place could be called the centre if you wish

Rabinoz = Coronoz. Australias corona virus super spreader

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 11:04:56 AM »
Well lets say that i now define centre as a point around which everything orbits. Good enough ??? ;)

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »

It’s probably more us “round earthers”, to be honest.

I use it mainly because I can’t stand “Round Earth Theory” (RET), a completely made up term that attempts to draw false equivalence with “Flat Earth Theory” (FET), which isn’t even a theory in the first place.

Sorry it annoys you, but it’s about the best you can hope for around here.

However, there’s another reason.  When we discuss a heliocentric solar system vs a geocentric solar system vs a wft is supposed to be happening here system it means we can ignore a lot of stuff.  We don’t have to worry about things like the Big Bang and formation of galaxies. 

We only need to worry about which model best fits relatively simple observations.  We don’t need to know how the universe works as a whole to determine if the earth is flat or not.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 12:47:02 PM »
Well lets say that i now define centre as a point around which everything orbits. Good enough ??? ;)
Actually, that would be the definition of the barycenter. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

mak3m

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 01:26:00 PM »
The Earth is the centre of the observable universe, as far as we can tell  ;)
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 01:58:58 PM »
The solar system is (at least for all reasonably purposes) heliocentric.

The universe isn't, but the solar system sure is.

Personally, I get more annoyed when people call other stellar systems solar systems.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »

What if there is no such point?
Nullius in Verba

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 07:36:33 PM »
The Earth is the centre of the observable universe, as far as we can tell  ;)

Every single thing I have seen with my own eyes seems to indicate that I am the center of the universe.

Your results may vary.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2019, 05:51:33 AM »

What if there is no such point?

Then we all die a semantic death.

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2019, 04:43:42 AM »
I dont believe in heliocentric system. Noone probably today does.

WOW.... ;D 8)
TRY: (Curved Grided) South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map and Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 08:59:17 AM »
I dont believe in heliocentric system. Noone probably today does.

I guess what we believe or don't believe in comes down to a matter of personal choice.  But strong evidence of the fact that the Earth orbits the Sun was established with the confirmed observations of parallax motion of three stars, Vega, 61 Cygni and Alpha Centuari by the 1850s. If the Earth lays motionless at the centre of the Solar System/Universe then how do account for such motion?  The cyclical parallax motion of each star takes a year to complete, which just happens to coincide with the time it takes the Earth to orbit the Sun.