Difficult to Grasp.

• 30 Replies
Difficult to Grasp.
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:06:47 PM »
I would like to properly introduce myself to this forum. I am new to this forum.

My name is DAKZ and the letters of my username are initials of my real name. I would like to keep my identity a secret.

The flat earth theory... or fact, is difficult to grasp, even for someone like me. I've been awake to the deception for a while now but the flat earth is something I've never looked into. This isn't easy for me. Waking up and finding out that everything we were thought in school is a lie, is a major step. The flat earth is equivalent to the "all female celebrities are secretly trannies" theory.

Flat earthers have always been mocked, the same way atheists and Satanists mock Christians. Now why is that? Why are people who believe in the flat earth always laughed at?

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: Difficult to Grasp.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »
Welcome Dak.

Most people who don't follow mainstream are looked at differently.

Now that truth of Plane Earth has been brought into view, Round Earthers are now laughed at.

Have you verified for yourself that Earth has the alleged curvature as claimed, a 3959 mile radius?

Do you trust NASA? (You can’t be a Flat Earther and trust NASA.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 04:36:17 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »

Why can't you be a Flat Earther and trust NASA?

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 06:54:05 PM »
Welcome Dak.

Now that truth of Plane Earth has been brought into view, Round Earthers are now laughed at.

I used to like NASA and was fascinated with all of these supposed planets like Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc. Now, I don't like NASA anymore. I also stopped liking science altogether. 

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »

Because it's an oxymoron. NASA believes that the earth is round.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 06:59:56 PM »
It is.
Or it isnt.
Not difficult.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2019, 07:26:08 PM »

Because it's an oxymoron. NASA believes that the earth is round.
I see that you have entered Plato's cave, featuring the flat Earth, and reality will be whatever you wanted to be.
Until you exit the cave, there is no hope for you.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2019, 07:34:50 PM »
Welcome Dak.

I used to like NASA and was fascinated with all of these supposed planets like Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc. Now, I don't like NASA anymore. I also stopped liking science altogether.

A necessary thing for Flat Earthers is to reject science. That's why they can't prove a single thing with logic. Instead they use the tactic of shouting. The harder you shout the more right you are. Right?

rvlvr

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »
It does take a certain kind to believe in a flat Earth (and attribute everything related to space to NASA).

Welcome! Here no one will turn you away -- you have entered the haven for true FE elite!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:27:29 PM by rvlvr »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 12:57:32 AM »
Welcome Dak.

A necessary thing for Flat Earthers is to reject science. That's why they can't prove a single thing with logic. Instead they use the tactic of shouting. The harder you shout the more right you are. Right?
It's pointless talking about the so called lack of logic of flat/alternate Earth theorists while you're adhered to a rotating global model that requires a mountain of magical mysteries in order for it to work.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2019, 01:06:33 AM »
It's not just NASA... It''s also the Russians, all the Europeans, the Chinese, the Indians, the Japanese, the Israeli, the North Koreans and so on. All space agencies must be in the conspiracy.  Maybe 60 years ago it was only NASA and the Soviets, but now everyone and their mother are sending stuff to space, including private companies.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:10:00 AM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2019, 01:37:16 AM »
Welcome Dak.

It's pointless talking about the so called lack of logic of flat/alternate Earth theorists while you're adhered to a rotating global model that requires a mountain of magical mysteries in order for it to work.

Again, here we are with this rotating globe model requiring a mountain of magical mysteries in order to work.  The magical mysteries are yours, through and through. I have gobs of empirical data to support the 'magical' globe model. You have none to support your model, literally zero, to support your absolutely Copperfield model of:

Essentially, at the very centre of the world is a graphite electrode rapidly ascending and descending, beneath a layer of crystal. This crystal too ascends and descends, altering the inclination of the reflected stars, Sun and moon and thus being responsible for seasons.
The point where the Sun shines on the dome is heated up. With this extra warmth, the dome evaporates, rising up; then, when the Sun moves on, it cools down and refreezes again. In this way the dome can be said to ‘breathe,’ the roof going up and down.

If that's not 'magical', I don't know what is. When you have some evidence that your 'magic' actually exists, let us know. In the mean time the 'magic' is by far and away all yours.

rvlvr

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2019, 02:09:46 AM »
Is that graphite electrode a real thing among FE?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2019, 02:26:11 AM »

Again, here we are with this rotating globe model requiring a mountain of magical mysteries in order to work.  The magical mysteries are yours, through and through. I have gobs of empirical data to support the 'magical' globe model. You have none to support your model, literally zero, to support your absolutely Copperfield model of:

Essentially, at the very centre of the world is a graphite electrode rapidly ascending and descending, beneath a layer of crystal. This crystal too ascends and descends, altering the inclination of the reflected stars, Sun and moon and thus being responsible for seasons.
The point where the Sun shines on the dome is heated up. With this extra warmth, the dome evaporates, rising up; then, when the Sun moves on, it cools down and refreezes again. In this way the dome can be said to ‘breathe,’ the roof going up and down.

If that's not 'magical', I don't know what is. When you have some evidence that your 'magic' actually exists, let us know. In the mean time the 'magic' is by far and away all yours.
A ball or oblate spheroid angled at 23.5 degrees and somehow spinning at over 1000 mph in a vacuum and also at 66,000 mph around a big 850,000 mile diameter ball of nuclear fusion in a somehow elliptical orbit, with all kinds of gravity (so called) pulls in a thing called a milky way that holds whatever we're told it holds....and so on and so on and so on. All things which get more magical and unprovable, right back to us being on this supposed oblate spheroid with many many more magical reasons as to why we are.

What a complete and utter load of gunk.
Absolutely any explanation beats that load of hogwash.

rvlvr

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2019, 02:30:50 AM »
Yet that magic seems to give accurate results predicting movement of said bodies. And stuff.

FE only needs something similar for people to compare models.

EDIT: It seems many of the FE fear big numbers, they use them as if they are laughable. Not sure of the reason why everything needs to be compact, neat and tidy in their universe. I guess it is the lack of ability to grasp something can be so vast, cold, and indifferent.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:22:04 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 04:24:49 AM »

A ball or oblate spheroid angled at 23.5 degrees and somehow spinning at over 1000 mph in a vacuum and also at 66,000 mph around a big 850,000 mile diameter ball of nuclear fusion in a somehow elliptical orbit, with all kinds of gravity (so called) pulls in a thing called a milky way that holds whatever we're told it holds....and so on and so on and so on. All things which get more magical and unprovable, right back to us being on this supposed oblate spheroid with many many more magical reasons as to why we are.

And a sun that is somehow in a firmament that cannot be explained is not magic? The movement and angle of Earth has been determined through collecting evidence. That angle is the reason we have seasons as well. And that angle also makes it easier to determine where around the sun we are and thus which time of the year it approximately is.

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 05:59:42 AM »

Can I ask what your beef is with science in general?

Looks like you are happy to use modern technology- computer/phone/internet at least.

Do you see a conflict with religious beliefs?  Disillusionment with where society is headed?  Concern over what we’re doing to planet (or whatever you want to call it)?  Something else?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 06:27:18 AM »
To be fair to NASA, you can like it but still believe in the Flat Earth

NASA gave us water filtration and cordless tools tech. Memory foam and ear thermometers. Even the tech in how the insoles of your shoes was designed is probably thanks to NASA. Safety Grooving in roads and highways? Thank NASA. Those cool looking Artificial limbs? NASA. If you wear glasses and have scratch resistant lenses. Thank NASA again

None of these are incompatible with the Flat Earth belief.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 06:28:27 AM »
That is true!

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »
Welcome Dak.

If you don't like science, then you shouldn't be here. By here, I mean the internet. Because all of the internet, all the computers and servers and mobile phones, all of that is science.

Your cars and fancy bikes, aircraft and boats. That's all science. The concrete of yiur homes, the asphalt of your streets. Glass, synthetic clothing materials, even the food you eat. All science and the applicarion of science.

Strange that isn't it? And nothing to do with NASA at that.

Mostly nothing anyway.

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 08:54:15 AM »
Welcome Dak.

Projecting much? Tell me, how do the sun and moon move between the tropics of cancer and capricorn during the year? Heck, what is the sun, what is the moon?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 11:59:24 AM »

All of which are observable, measurable, and predictable.

A perfect description of your theory which is neither observable, measurable, nor predictable.

?

dutchy

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2019, 03:03:37 AM »
Yet that magic seems to give accurate results predicting movement of said bodies. And stuff.

FE only needs something similar for people to compare models.

EDIT: It seems many of the FE fear big numbers, they use them as if they are laughable. Not sure of the reason why everything needs to be compact, neat and tidy in their universe. I guess it is the lack of ability to grasp something can be so vast, cold, and indifferent.
Vast ? Cold ?
But it started as a very ‘hot’ tiny subatomic pea.... didn’t it ?
And time as we understand it literally did not exist before the universe started to expand. Rather, the arrow of time shrinks infinitely as the universe becomes smaller and smaller, never reaching a clear starting point.
So there was no ‘before’  the big bang, no ‘ nothing becomes something’.....only a state of ‘no boundary’ that humans can’t really grasp.
Mister Spock would put it this way : ‘time as we know it began with the big bang’

Contrary to most arguments about flatearthers and their ability to grasp modern science , i am understanding the current cosmological model enough to smell horse manure.....

Btw everytime something goes against the model (redshift irregularities) it is glossed over, because the current fantasy must prevail at all costs.

rvlvr

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2019, 04:13:00 AM »
Pray tell, what is the problem with the current model?

?

dutchy

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 04:19:52 AM »
Pray tell, what is the problem with the current model?
99% hypothetical and sold as 100% real ?

rvlvr

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 04:55:21 AM »
Fair enough. What is a better model?

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 08:28:07 PM »

Can I ask what your beef is with science in general?

Looks like you are happy to use modern technology- computer/phone/internet at least.

Do you see a conflict with religious beliefs?  Disillusionment with where society is headed?  Concern over what we’re doing to planet (or whatever you want to call it)?  Something else?

I actually DON'T a beef with science in general, where the heck did you get that idea from? I actually have a beef with evolution, which is a bunch of lies.

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 08:31:10 PM »
Welcome Dak.

If you don't like science, then you shouldn't be here. By here, I mean the internet. Because all of the internet, all the computers and servers and mobile phones, all of that is science.

Your cars and fancy bikes, aircraft and boats. That's all science. The concrete of yiur homes, the asphalt of your streets. Glass, synthetic clothing materials, even the food you eat. All science and the applicarion of science.

Mostly nothing anyway.

;D ;D I don't actually have anything against science, but I do have something against being lied to about the supposed shape of the Earth and evolution -evolution is actually a lie.

I don't know where people on this forum get the idea that just because I'm not a big fan of science as much as I used to, then I must hate technology. Is THIS how you think of me? Seriously?

Listen, the whole idea of the flat Earth is not easy to grasp, especially for those who are asleep and those who don't know any better. For me, this is diving deep into the rabbit hole.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2019, 10:22:10 PM »
Welcome Dak.

Mostly nothing anyway.

;D ;D I don't actually have anything against science, but I do have something against being lied to about the supposed shape of the Earth and evolution -evolution is actually a lie.

I don't know where people on this forum get the idea that just because I'm not a big fan of science as much as I used to, then I must hate technology. Is THIS how you think of me? Seriously?

Listen, the whole idea of the flat Earth is not easy to grasp, especially for those who are asleep and those who don't know any better. For me, this is diving deep into the rabbit hole.

Technology is great, but it's a bit of a contradiction when people accept technology while rejecting the science that technology is based upon.

Anyone is of course free to disagree with scientists or reject parts of science, but saying the scientist lie is going a bit too far I think. Maybe some do, but I think most scientist are honest, regardless of being right or wrong.

If I understand correctly you are already a creationist? In that case becoming a flatearther is just a small step. If you are already rejecting evolution, why not reject gravity and the whole of astronomy as well. Alternatively if you don't consider Flatearth palatable you might have a look at RE geocentrism. With RE geocentrism you can still believe that the earth is round while rejecting lots of science at the same time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 11:26:28 PM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 05:03:08 AM »
Welcome Dak.

I used[/b] to like NASA and was fascinated with all of these supposed planets like Mars, Venus, Jupiter, etc. Now, I don't like NASA anymore. I also stopped liking science altogether.

Probably here is where we got the opinion that you dont believe in science.