Houston We Have a Problem. There’s No Heliocentric System

• 159 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Houston We Have a Problem. There’s No Heliocentric System
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:20:26 AM »
Houston has a great number of problems that prove there is no Heliocentric System. This first post is just one.
-----

There is a dome and rockets coming into contact with it creates a visual effect for all to see.

As you view the following video, consider it with these questions.

What would be the visual effects of a malfunctioning rocket hitting a water like (structure) Dome?

What are the visual effects of something entering water vertically?

What are the visual effects of a boat skimming the water?

Think about it all with common sense.
-----

Now you really know why a rocket has to curve soon after liftoff.

7 Rockets Reach & Hit The Firmament! Better Known As Dome

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:00:10 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Houston, we have made contact with the Dome
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »
What "done"??
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Plat Terra

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »
Do we, Flat Earthers, know why Globies have to act dumb when confronted with something they can't explain with logic?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

mak3m

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 09:51:06 AM »
Basic principles of rocket flight, its called a gravity turn. Low attack angle means the majority of thrust, and therefore fuel, can be used for acceleration and not turning manoeuvre. You don't fly straight up and turn left at desired orbit.

I assume these are not faked CGI videos from NASA force?

If not nice shot of the globe in there ta
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:11:20 AM »
Do we, Flat Earthers, know why Globies have to act dumb when confronted with something they can't explain with logic?

Tell me why RE should bother explaining anything to you?

Every single "issue" you have presented has been quickly and thoroughly explained. Yet you completely ignore that, and simply move on to the next yootoob video or your latest meme.

Anyway, I watched up to #5.

I saw a couple amateure rockets deploy a de-spin system, and a couple major launches staging and following an orbital insertion trajectory.

Nothing hit any dome.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:14:00 AM by Crutchwater »
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 11:12:06 AM »
So have you determined the height of the dome? One part of the video claims one rocket hits it 73 miles up. Doesn't that seem relatively low to you? Do you claim the dome is made of unsupported water? What holds it up? How much water? What happened to the rockets afterward? If they came down, why? What allows them to 'fall' out of the 'firmament' without pulling down the 'firmament' as well? If the Sun, Moon and Stars are above the Firmament, how can we still see them with such clarity?

How's the fishing up there?
Nullius in Verba

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 01:17:08 PM »

No, you, a particular Flat Earther, is yet again suffering from what's known as "YouTube Search Results Cognitive Dissonance Syndrome".

Logic Explained:

Rocket #1: mak3m explained.

Rocket #2: I have no idea what that is supposed be trying to show, but it is showing nothing.

Rocket #3 in your video. It's moving at 2000 m/s. If it hit something at that speed, anything, be it a hard or magically suspended water dome, it would disintegrate on impact. It doesn't. In the video, the original footage at mark 2:01, it says "YoYo Despin". Through the wonders of modern rocketry and Yo-Yo physics, the despin mechanism, outstretched cables with weights attached, are deployed counteracting the spin of the rocket, hence YoYo Despin. Look it up.

Same for rocket #4 in the video. This same footage was used by an FEr where he too thought it hit a dome. He realized it didn't. Here's his follow-up to his original video he made explaining that he was wrong. As are you:

Rocket #5: More nonsense. See #1

Rocket #6: Goodness, the nonsense keeps piling on, see #5 & #1.

Rocket 7#: Looks like a failed launch.

A little more about rocketry:

?

frenat

Re: Houston We Have a Problem. We've made contact with the Dome
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 01:32:30 PM »
Yet another fail from Plat Terra. On to the next gish gallop!

Plat Terra

Re: Houston We Have a Problem. There’s No Heliocentric System
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 02:45:13 PM »
What are the visual effects of a malfunctioning rocket hitting the Dome?

-----

Are there any more in the Globe Community here, who would also like to ignore other key points in my first post and in relation the video?

I don't care if you think there is no Dome. The visual effects are there.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 02:54:58 PM »
I don't know what amuses me more: That you changed the title of your thread, or that it has absolutely nothing in common with your first post now.
Nullius in Verba

mak3m

I don't know what amuses me more: That you changed the title of your thread, or that it has absolutely nothing in common with your first post now.

LOL WTF

Can I suggest a further change "Re: Houston We Have a Problem. There’s No Heliocentric System (Because Reasons)"
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 03:19:46 PM »

-----

Are there any more in the Globe Community here, who would also like to ignore other key points in my first post and in relation the video?

You haven't made any key points for the Globe Community to address or ignore. But your video has been overwhelmingly refuted.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2019, 03:41:32 PM »
-----

On the subject of common sense:

What would keep a dome of water in place?

Nullius in Verba

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2019, 03:51:41 PM »
Not all rockets curve after liftoff.  Sounding rockets pretty much go straight up and come straight down. 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2019, 04:13:35 PM »

-----

You haven't made any key points for the Globe Community to address or ignore. But your video has been overwhelmingly refuted.

We all see what you overwhelmingly ignore, and you refuted nothing.

Plat Terra

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2019, 04:25:47 PM »
The trails of Haley’s Comet make much more sense now.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 04:57:22 PM by Plat Terra »

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 05:14:49 PM »
More sense than what?

You think that the possibility of it careening through a dome of water at 70km per second leaving a wake rather than collapsing under the effects of its own cavitation makes more sense than it leaving a trail of vapor and particulates due to its proximity to the Sun?

Edit: By the way, where does Halley's Comet come from/go between visits?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 05:16:32 PM by EvolvedMantisShrimp »
Nullius in Verba

Plat Terra

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »
More sense than what?

You think that the possibility of it careening through a dome of water at 70km per second leaving a wake rather than collapsing under the effects of its own cavitation makes more sense than it leaving a trail of vapor and particulates due to its proximity to the Sun?

No one said it was going into the dome. The boat is built to skimming the water. It's not falling apart.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »

-----

We all see what you overwhelmingly ignore, and you refuted nothing.

Actually we did refute everything, you must have missed it. Here it is again:

Rocket #1: mak3m explained.

Rocket #2: I have no idea what that is supposed be trying to show, but it is showing nothing.

Rocket #3 in your video. It's moving at 2000 m/s. If it hit something at that speed, anything, be it a hard or magically suspended water dome, it would disintegrate on impact. It doesn't. In the video, the original footage at mark 2:01, it says "YoYo Despin". Through the wonders of modern rocketry and Yo-Yo physics, the despin mechanism, outstretched cables with weights attached, are deployed counteracting the spin of the rocket, hence YoYo Despin. Look it up.

Same for rocket #4 in the video. This same footage was used by an FEr where he too thought it hit a dome. He realized it didn't. Here's his follow-up to his original video he made explaining that he was wrong. As are you:

Rocket #5: More nonsense. See #1

Rocket #6: Goodness, the nonsense keeps piling on, see #5 & #1.

Rocket 7#: Looks like a failed launch.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 05:24:13 PM »
The trails of Haley’s Comet make much more sense now.

Now this is just silly.  Seriously, speedboats and some globule to represent Venus?

You can look for yourself at venus through a telescope. It looks like this:

Caption: The bizarre and hellish atmosphere of Venus wafts around the planet's surface in this false-color image from the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency's Akatsuki spacecraft. Citizen scientist Kevin Gill processed the image using infrared and ultraviolet views captured by Akatsuki on Nov. 20, 2016. (Image: © Kevil Gill/JAXA/ISAS/DARTS/Flickr)

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 05:28:28 PM »
More sense than what?

No one said it was going into the dome. The boat is built to skimming the water. It's not falling apart.
The boat isn't going Mach 200.
Nullius in Verba

Plat Terra

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2019, 05:37:10 PM »
More sense than what?

The Comet is not made of boat materials nor is it going that fast above the real Earth. Scale it down.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2019, 05:44:38 PM »
More sense than what?

The Comet is not made of boat materials nor is it going that fast above the real Earth. Scale it down.
It's made of ice and why? It's speed is well known and easy to extrapolate. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt: Since the return date of Halley's comet has been predictable since 1705, Its current position and speed must be as well known to Flat Earth astronomers as to Round Earth astronomers. So if you know of a different speed for Halley's Comet, now's the time to share it with the rest of the class.
Nullius in Verba

Plat Terra

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2019, 06:01:04 PM »
More sense than what?

It's made of ice and why? It's speed is well known and easy to extrapolate. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt: Since the return date of Halley's comet has been predictable since 1705, Its current position and speed must be as well known to Flat Earth astronomers as to Round Earth astronomers. So if you know of a different speed for Halley's Comet, now's the time to share it with the rest of the class.

Why don't you share with the rest of the class what caused the ripples in the atmosphere? You know, in the video I posted about a rocket hitting a dome and then ripples are seen.

While you're at it, prove the comet is ICE and can remain ice with the sun shinning on it.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2019, 06:07:22 PM »
More sense than what?

Why don't you share with the rest of the class what caused the ripples in the atmosphere? You know, in the video I posted about a rocket hitting a dome and then ripples are seen.

While you're at it, prove the comet is ICE and can remain ice with the sun shinning on it.

The rocket didn't hit a dome and therefore, caused no ripples. Your video is too grainy to know for sure, but if I had to guess, I would say there was an outgassing from damage to the rocket.

As far as the composition of Halley's comet, there were two probe missions that passed very close to Halley's Comet during its last trip through the inner solar system. Its composition is primarily ice and volatile hydrocarbons. Look up the Giotto and Vega probes for more information.
Nullius in Verba

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2019, 06:17:14 PM »
Since I have answered your questions despite you not answering mine, I think it's only fair that I add one more question:

Why does Halley's Comet's tail always point away from the Sun?
Nullius in Verba

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2019, 06:49:56 PM »
Since I have answered your questions despite you not answering mine, I think it's only fair that I add one more question:

What do you mean? If the tail always pointed away from the Sun it would crash into it.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2019, 06:52:32 PM »

What do you mean? If the tail always pointed away from the Sun it would crash into it.

Nevertheless, even when the comet is moving away from the Sun, the tail remains pointing away from the Sun.

Why do you suppose that is?

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 06:55:18 PM by EvolvedMantisShrimp »
Nullius in Verba

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2019, 06:56:16 PM »

Two objects can’t have the same velocity?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Plat Terra

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2019, 07:16:08 PM »

Nevertheless, even when the comet is moving away from the Sun, the tail remains pointing away from the Sun.

Why do you suppose that is?

Do you mean an Ice Comet that doesn't melt even being that close to the sun?