So...Musical Preferences?

• 164 Replies
?

Nomad

• Official Member
Re: So...Musical Preferences?
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2011, 09:40:57 PM »
I've gotten over the initial LOL ITS SUPER FAST AND KEWL, and although I do like them when used wisely, some bands overuse them and it just sounds stupid.  Dark Funeral is a good example of misuse of blasts.  Every song on "Secrets of the Black Arts" is practically exactly the same (except, obviously, for Satanic Blood which honestly is a shit song anyway), and this probably could have been avoided with more creative drum beats.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »
When I think about it, I don't really listen to much raw black metal like Dark Funeral; or music with lots of blast beats in general anymore, although I still know I like it a lot.

While I love the more creative stuff like Arcturus, It doesn't make me like straight forward primitive shit any less.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:12 AM »
Oh and btw my favorite artists are Beatles, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, Sex Pistols, Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Sigur Ros, Portishead, The Strokes, The Who, Dead Kennedys, Modest Mouse, Queen, Muse, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Alanis Morrisette, Pink Floyd, Captain Beefheart, Allman Brothers, John Lennon, Eminem, and Arctic Monkeys.

Genericfest, coming through

« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Lol.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »
If you don't like The Who you're pretty much gay.

Shit! I forgot!

*goes back to edit*

/pat

Oh and btw my favorite artists are Beatles, Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Beach Boys, Elvis, Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, Sex Pistols, Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Sigur Ros, Portishead, The Strokes, The Who, Dead Kennedys, Modest Mouse, Queen, Muse, Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Alanis Morrisette, Pink Floyd, Captain Beefheart, Allman Brothers, John Lennon, Eminem, and Arctic Monkeys.

"Hey guys I'm so cool I listen to all these bands no one has heard of."

Yea well maybe no one has heard of them because they are no talent assclowns.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:36:05 PM by Fortuna »

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:21 PM »
"Hey guys I'm so cool I listen to all these bands no one has heard of."

Yea well maybe no one has heard of them because they are no talent assclowns.

It sounds like you have knowledge of my music taste.

Tell me, what do I listen to?

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

lol

And I'm sorry that I enjoy somewhat popular music. If you consider the non-bolded bands generic... your loss.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »

lol

And I'm sorry that I enjoy somewhat popular music. If you consider the non-bolded bands generic... your loss.

Non-bolded? You sure you don't mean bolded, seeing as Captain Beefheart and Sigur Ros (up to ( ) anyway; Takk onwards is typical crescendo-filled post-rock) would be at the bottom in the generic order if you ask me.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2011, 07:58:13 PM »

lol

Non-bolded? You sure you don't mean bolded, seeing as Captain Beefheart and Sigur Ros (up to ( ) anyway; Takk onwards is typical crescendo-filled post-rock) would be at the bottom in the generic order if you ask me.

Sorry, could have phrased that better. There isn't much generic anything on there, especially the bolded.

I guess Elvis and a few others are generic, but I still enjoy them. And again, just because a lot of people like it doesn't mean it's bad.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
Never claimed otherwise. Besides, generic != popular

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:53 AM »

You seem to think a lot of popular music is generic.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2011, 08:20:42 AM »

Yes. And?

But either way, what I meant was that your taste is generic, not that the bands in particular are.

Weegee Board

• Pokemon Master
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2011, 08:25:36 AM »

Yes. And?

But either way, what I meant was that your taste is generic, not that the bands in particular are.

Why don't you post your favorite bands and we'll compare.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Godspeed You! Black Emperor, A Silver Mt. Zion, Fly Pan Am, HRSTA, Do Make Say Think, Hangedup, Set Fire to Flames, Talk Talk, Bark Psychosis, Slint, Tortoise, Sigur Ros, Swans, Can, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, Van der Graaf Generator, Porcupine Tree, Electric Light Orchestra, Deerhoof, Radiohead, Boards of Canada, and then a lot of others that are pretty good but I don't really listen to a lot. This is not in order of preference.

Ocius

• Official Member
  • Space President
« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2011, 02:28:25 AM »
I've always been partial to the Magnificent Seven theme.