I don’t know what chemtrails are
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 17, 2021, 09:45:49 AM

Do flat earthers belive in chemtrails?

• 59 Replies
Do flat earthers belive in chemtrails?
« on: September 21, 2019, 09:45:49 AM »
Hello guys, I was wondering if you flat earthers belive in other great conspiracy theory, chemtrails.

Thanks for participating.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Do flat earthers belive in chemtrails?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 10:20:09 AM »
Some do, some do not. By making this a poll you will have mostly RE voting, which is probably not what you are looking for.

What I tell people who ask this sort of question is that most conspiracy theories are believed in by round earthers.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
Hello guys, I was wondering if you flat earthers believe in other great conspiracy theory, chemtrails.

Thanks for participating.
As SCG says, as your poll is worded you will get answers from both flat earthers believers and others.
Possibly something like:
  • I believe the earth is flat and believe that Chemtrails are real and damaging.
  • I believe the earth is flat but do not believe that Chemtrails are real.
  • I do not believe the earth is flat and do believe that Chemtrails are real and damaging.
  • I do not believe the earth is flat and do not believe that Chemtrails are real.
  • I don’t know what chemtrails are.
Or you might find a less clumsy way of wording similar questions.

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 04:25:46 PM »

What I tell people who ask this sort of question is that most conspiracy theories are believed in by round earthers.

In fact, the only thing all those conspiracy theorist do have in common is that they laugh at Flat Earthers and really hate it when they are compared to FE-ers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 04:50:14 PM by Omega »
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 04:29:07 PM »

In fact, the only thing all those conspiracy theorist do have in common is that they laugh at Flat Earthers and <i>really hate it</I> when they are compared to FE-ers.

bbcode, bro.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Omega

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:39:58 PM »

In fact, the only thing all those conspiracy theorist do have in common is that they laugh at Flat Earthers and <i>really hate it</I> when they are compared to FE-ers.

bbcode, bro.

Oops. Sorry sistah.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 06:47:26 PM »

In fact, the only thing all those conspiracy theorist do have in common is that they laugh at Flat Earthers and really hate it when they are compared to FE-ers.
Even the greater Flat Earth community doesn't like it when they're compared to The Flat Earth Society.  What does that tell you about this motley bunch?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
It tells me they are jealous.

Omega

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2019, 02:04:29 AM »
It tells me they are jealous.

No of course that's not true.

It's not like someone laughs at an idea because they are jealous of people having that idea. Ideas are free. If they in fact want to believe the earth is flat. they can.

But you know that.

People laugh at FE because the notion is beyond ridiculous. To believe in it requires one to litterally ignore their own eyes and to dismiss everything that makes our modern world work.

Believing the earth is flat is no less ridiculous than to believe trees are made of cheese, or that apples are great at math.

To believe in it requires one to completely insulate ones self from any and all information that challenges this belief. You have to cover your eyes and ears for the rest of your life.

And that is enough to make anybody laugh at you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 02:43:59 AM by Omega »

rvlvr

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2019, 02:31:13 AM »
Yes, that sums it up, in my opinion.

It should ring some alarms to know FE is considered a joke among conspiracy theorists. FE is an antiquated remnant of an idea which people did not seem like that much even way back. And nowadays we only know more. To cling to something like FE in these times does show a certain quality.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 08:49:52 AM »
Omega, I was replying to Markjo. The youtube flat earthers don't like us because we're the society.

Omega

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »
Omega, I was replying to Markjo. The youtube flat earthers don't like us because we're the society.

My reply is still worth reading.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 09:36:30 AM »
I read it, that is why I explained to you that I was replying to markjo.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »

To believe in it requires one to litterally ignore their own eyes

Considering that the standard response is "it's an illuuuusssiooon" when Space Cowgirl tells you to look out your window, I would say that the opposite is the case.

Omega

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2019, 10:09:21 AM »

Considering that the standard response is "it's an illuuuusssiooon" when Space Cowgirl tells you to look out your window, I would say that the opposite is the case.

You seriously say that by looking out of a window one can see the shape of the world?

If I look outside and see mountains, does that mean the world surface consists of mountains everywhere? I don’t see a flat plane outside. So flat plains don’t exist?

And whenever I observe something that is in line with a round earth, I should consider argument x y or z to discount that observation?

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 10:11:49 AM by Omega »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »

You seriously say that by looking out of a window one can see the shape of the world?

If I look outside and see mountains, does that mean the world surface consists of mountains everywhere? I don’t see a flat plane outside. So flat plains don’t exist?

And whenever I observe something that is in line with a round earth, I should consider argument x y or z to discount that observation?

Now you are insisting on illusions while simultaneously claiming that you are not denying your own eyes.

Omega

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 10:25:42 AM »

Now you are insisting on illusions while simultaneously claiming that you are not denying your own eyes.

Don’t play games.

When I observe my world, I see many things that prove the earth is round and revolves around the sun.

I live near an air field. Many times I have seen planes fly over when the sun was close to the horizon, and the sun lit the bottom of the craft. This would be impossible of the sun was at a fixed altitude and always above the “world disc”.

I have seen masts of ships come over the horizon before their hull is visible.

I have seen lower parts of structures hidden by the curvature of the earth.

I have observed the moon and Jupiter and its moons with a telescope.

I can go on for hours, and not even reach the obvious things like gps, map coordinates, flight times and a bunch more.

No illusions. All daily observations in line with a round earth.

And yet, by looking out of my window, I am supposed to see... what? What can looking out of my window show me which invalidates all the above?

Seriously. Tell me straight. Don’t play games.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »

The illusion award hands down goes to FE. As each and every sunset/sunrise (moon as well) requires a combination of illusions to match what humans the world over observe every day.

For 1, Perspective. As has been shown numerous times no matter how far away the sun or moon gets, at 3000 miles high and 32 miles wide, no amount of perspective can push it below or raise it up from behind the horizon all the while hiding it for approximately 12 hour intervals like clockwork:

2, Perspective makes the sun or moon significantly change size as it moves away or gets closer to the observer.

3, Therefore some sort of ill-defined projection of the sun on the atmoplane illusion is required to magnify it in exact accordance to was is observed by everyone everywhere.

That's a whole lot of illusion for something everyone on the planet can see outside their window every day.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 12:34:35 PM »
So, you concede that you are denying your eyes in favor of an illusion then?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 12:36:37 PM »
Read the post again.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 12:39:13 PM »
Read the post again.

Sounds like he's trying to say "Yes, I am denying my eyes... Illusion, illusion... but now lets talk about THIS."

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 12:41:31 PM »
He is saying FE takes an illusion as physics dictates current  observations couldn’t happen on a flat earth.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2019, 12:44:54 PM »
He is saying FE takes an illusion as physics dictates current  observations couldn’t happen on a flat earth.

By not defending his own model and trying to switch topics to something else he is implicitly telling us that he lost, and acts as a concession of defeat on the matter.

Another victory for Flat Earth.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »
And yet the sun doesn’t appear to get smaller as it moves away.

Why does the sun seem to move faster at sunset when it should se to move slower?

Poor FE.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

rvlvr

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2019, 12:47:05 PM »
How many people know of FE victories? Which media do you use to inform people of said triumphs?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »

By not defending his own model and trying to switch topics to something else he is implicitly telling us that he lost, and acts as a concession of defeat on the matter.

Another victory for Flat Earth.

Nope, incorrect again. You're the one who brought up "illusions". I'm just pointing out that in the realm of "illusions" and reliance upon them, FE does so way, way more. So much so, a bag full of illusions is the only way FE can explain one of the most common observances; sunrise and sunset. RE doesn't require any illusions to explain this observation.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »

I would say that just about the only people who can look out their window and get enough useful information to determine the shape of the earth are the astronauts aboard the ISS.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2019, 05:10:27 PM »
When I look out the window I see nothing that would suggest a flat earth. This is one view:

That does not indicate a flat earth to me. When I look from a beach I do see a straight flat horizon but closer examination shows that it fits a Globe rather than a flat earth.

Macarios

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 08:30:28 PM »
Looking through your window will clearly show you that the horizon is at several miles, then the ground gets lower and you can't see it behind, all you can see are tops of hills and tall buildings another several miles behind.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 12:27:17 AM »
Looking through your window will clearly show you that the horizon is at several miles, then the ground gets lower and you can't see it behind, all you can see are tops of hills and tall buildings another several miles behind.
And the sharp horizon is also good evidence of a Globe and not a flat earth:

The Hazy Horizon, a silent video by Miles Davis