flat earth for beginners
uckfield civic centre uk
saturday 26.10.2019
FREE ENTRY!
9-5pm
audio-visual delight
all welcome!

you are warmly invited to this event.

across the day, we will be looking at the following.

1: why do we react so strongly to those 4 words the earth is flat? cognitive dissonance, irreversibly published syndrome IPS

2: do we believe we can be lied to by our trusted institutions? shocking examples of corporate and state deceit, the room will no longer be able to deny deceit in high places IN OUR TRUSTED INSTITUTIONS ( the church NEVER speaks out against these places - its all far too contentious)

short break

3: why exactly is the room thinking like it is right now about the spinning ball? why do we think the way we think? school and home influences

4: my journey to believing the earth is a spinning ball and my subsequent journey into the flat zone, simple practical experimentation as outlined in rowbothams earth not a globe

5: my cosmology now
showing the hebrew construct and all the Bible verses supporting it

break for lunch

6: plenty of examples of nasa fraud its occult history and spiritual aspirations

7: exposing the true spiritual nature of what is happening here, that nasa has always been an invisible spiritual force intent on hiding God from His people, and that satan's drive has always been to deface and destroy anything and everything that reflects the image (transhumanism transgenderism evolution) and the Glory (the heavens) of our God.

8: Q&A

i am so looking forward to this day!

steve ransom
any question email ransomovitch1960@gmail.com

What a great opportunity -- I suggest you display a large, real flat earth map right behind the podium for all to see.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Will you be presenting a flat earth model which explains everyday observations (like sunrise and sunset) better than the current round earth model?  Or will you save that for the advanced class that requires a nominal admission fee?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
Would love to go to such an event, but it is too far away.

I would love the opportunity to talk to a flat earther directly, as he/she cannot run away anymore!

rabinoz

• Ranters
  • Real Earth Believer
hello guys and gals!

flat earth for beginners
uckfield civic centre uk
saturday 26.10.2019
FREE ENTRY!
9-5pm
audio-visual delight
all welcome!

you are warmly invited to this event.

across the day, we will be looking at the following.

1: why do we react so strongly to those 4 words the earth is flat? cognitive dissonance, irreversibly published syndrome IPS
Probably the cognitive dissonance demonstrated by Flat Earthers and pseudoscience poured out by flat earth YouTube videos.

Quote from: ransomovitch
2: do we believe we can be lied to by our trusted institutions? shocking examples of corporate and state deceit, the room will no longer be able to deny deceit in high places IN OUR TRUSTED INSTITUTIONS ( the church NEVER speaks out against these places - its all far too contentious)
Nothing that is relevant to the shape of the earth, which has been known to be near spherical for millenia
nor to the Heliocentric Solar System, which has been seen to be the only Cosmology the fits known Laws of Physics and astronomical observations.

short break

3: why exactly is the room thinking like it is right now about the spinning ball? why do we think the way we think? school and home influences
Simply because a near spherical earth and a distant sun and moon is the only model that fits even the simplest observations

4: my journey to believing the earth is a spinning ball and my subsequent journey into the flat zone, simple practical experimentation as outlined in rowbothams earth not a globe
Yes, I know that quite well and can point out many glaring errors that either demonstrate Samuel Birley Rowbotham's lack of knowledge of the topic or worse.

That is quite instructive and does fit a small region like Israel or even Israel plus Mesopotamia (Zthe Babylon region).
But it simple does not fit the whole earth as we know it to today.

break for lunch

6: plenty of examples of nasa fraud its occult history and spiritual aspirations
There are no true examples of NASA fraud and any connection between NASA and the occult is purely fiction in the minds of deceived people like you.

7: exposing the true spiritual nature of what is happening here, that nasa has always been an invisible spiritual force intent on hiding God from His people, and that satan's drive has always been to deface and destroy anything and everything that reflects the image (transhumanism transgenderism evolution) and the Glory (the heavens) of our God.
That is purely fiction and NASA is no more than its name indicates, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration  and has not the slightest connection with any "invisible spiritual force intent on hiding God from His people".

Why would you and so many others single out NASA when Russia was had the:
  • First manmade satellite in orbit.
  • First man in space.
  • First man to orbit the earth.
  • First woman in space.
  • First crew of three astronauts on board one spacecraft.
  • First space walk.
  • First two orbiting spacecraft (claimed to) rendezvous - is actually false.
  • First spacecraft to reach the vicinity of the Earth's Moon, Luna 1.
  • First spacecraft to be placed in heliocentric orbit, Luna 1 - accidentally, but it still happened.
  • First surface impact on the moon (Luna 2).
  • First surface impact on the moon (Luna 2).
  • First photograph of the far side of the moon (Luna 3).
  • First soft landing on the moon (Luna 9).
  • First first lunar orbiter (Luna 10).
So please explain why NASA are the big bad boys on the block and not the Russians?

But none of this has the slightest bit to do with the shape of the earth!
Even all the controversy from the time of Copernicus, then Tycho Brahe and Galileo to Kepler was whether the earth was stationary or not.
At that time there was no question raised as to the shape of the earth - it was spherical, no doubt about it!

You might learn something by reading some of these:
          Flat Earth Myth - More Bogus History
          Creation Ministries International, Who invented the idea of a flat Earth?
          Early Church, Did the Early Church Believe in a Flat Earth?
          The flat earth myth
          Christian World View Ministries, The Myth of the Flat Earth Concept

8: Q&A

i am so looking forward to this day!
But please leave you anti-science and NASAphobic glasses at home.

steve ransom
any question email ransomovitch1960@gmail.com

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
So please explain why NASA are the big bad boys on the block and not the Russians?
Duh!  Because the Cold War was a scam too and Russia and NASA were in on it together.  NASA just let Russia beta test some of the earlier technologies to make it look like the US made a come from behind victory.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Is there a flat Earth map with directions to this convention?

Or should I use GPS?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Can you explain what you mean by "Hebrew construct".  I have studied Hebrew for quite some time, and I have no idea what you are talking about.  I am very curious.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones

Can you explain what you mean by "Hebrew construct".  I have studied Hebrew for quite some time, and I have no idea what you are talking about.  I am very curious.

My guess is that he's referring to something like this:

rabinoz

• Ranters
  • Real Earth Believer

The "Hebrew Cosmology" is commonly taken to mean that describes in the Book of Enoch.

This description is from site: The Book of Enoch and the Flat Earth by Dr. Danny R. Faulkner on March 11, 2018
Quote from: Dr. Danny R. Faulkner
Abstract
The Book of Enoch is an important source for those who promote the notion that the earth is flat. A few portions of this rather long book teach that the earth is flat, but other passages are ambiguous about the earth’s shape. Flat earthers are selective about which portions of the Book of Enoch that they cite, because other passages clearly contradict aspects of the flat-earth model promoted today. The book of Enoch almost certainly is pseudepigraphal because there is considerable doubt that the patriarch Enoch wrote it, despite the claim within the book that he did. The Book of Enoch is not canonical. Therefore, it ought not be used to interpret Scripture, particularly in claiming the Bible teaches that the earth is flat.

If you've studied Hebrew this might be of interest: The Gates Cosmology of the Astronomical Book of Enoch by Eshbal Ratzon, Ph.D. Princeton University - DSD-10101.pdf
Quote from: Eshbal Ratzon
Abstract:
This paper finds a parallel to the Babylonian division of each zodiacal sign into 30 degrees in the Enochic cosmology by offering a new explanation of a rare Aramaic word in 4Q209. The Aramaic Astronomical Book, describes, according to the new
interpretation, openings in the sky's horizon for the daily rising and setting of the sun.

These openings were smaller parts of each of the 12 gates previously compared by scholars to the zodiacal signs. It seems plausible that the description of the daily openings appeared four times in the account of every year - at the end of each season - as part of the author's polemic against the Mesopotamian 360-day year, through the addition of these four days. An implication of the repetition of the sentence in 4Q209 is that this scroll was probably longer than previously assumed, and included a triennial cycle synchronizing lunar and solar years.

Re: flat earth day for beginners - uckfield uk 26.10.2019 FREE ENTRY! all welcome
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »
Thanks for the info.  When Hebrew was mentioned, I thought it was about the language itself, not about the bible.  I don't know all that much about the bible.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: flat earth day for beginners - uckfield uk 26.10.2019 FREE ENTRY! all welcome
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 07:09:29 PM »
It is the cosmology described in the Old Testament.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 09:23:32 AM »

You mean the cosmology derived from his own interpretation of the Old Testament.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »

You mean the cosmology derived from his own interpretation of the Old Testament.

The ancient Hebrews were flat earthers, as were most people of the region. They are thought to be the descendants of the Sumerians who were also flat earthers. http://faculty.gordon.edu/hu/bi/ted_hildebrandt/OTeSources/01-Genesis/Text/Articles-Books/Seely-Firmament-WTJ.pdf

Edit to add: Not just people of that particular region. Most people were flat earthers, no matter where they lived.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:36:35 AM by Space Cowgirl »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 01:29:23 PM »
Most people were flat earthers, no matter where they lived.
In fact, most educated and reasonable men believe the earth is flat. Of course, I'm not talking about the hand puppets that the academic community puts out, while simultaneously putting in a debt based slave class.
Quantum Ab Hoc

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 02:21:12 PM »

The ancient Hebrews were flat earthers, as were most people of the region. They are thought to be the descendants of the Sumerians who were also flat earthers. http://faculty.gordon.edu/hu/bi/ted_hildebrandt/OTeSources/01-Genesis/Text/Articles-Books/Seely-Firmament-WTJ.pdf

Edit to add: Not just people of that particular region. Most people were flat earthers, no matter where they lived.
Those people also generally believed that the sun set behind and below the horizon, which was the edge of the world.

rabinoz

• Ranters
  • Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2019, 03:43:01 PM »
In fact, most educated and reasonable men believe the earth is flat. Of course, I'm not talking about the hand puppets that the academic community puts out, while simultaneously putting in a debt based slave class.
Such as?

Would you class Aristotle, Aristarchus, Eratosthenes, Ptolemy, The Venerable Bede,  al-Khwarizmi, Al Biruni, Ibn Yunus, Copernicus, Tycho Brahe, Galileo, Kepler, Cassini, Huygens, Newton or Edmond Halley as "educated and reasonable men"?

Would you claim that any of them "believed the earth is flat"?

Now name some of these "educated and reasonable men" who "believe the earth is flat".

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 11:31:05 AM »

Quite right. They also believed the sun went under the flat earth. Should we accept that is the flat earth theory on how night happens?

The people of those regions believed the earth was flat due to the extent of their knowledge and observations. The talmud on the other hand doesn't teach that the earth is flat. It's teaching are on Man's relationship with God. Not science and geography.

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 11:34:49 AM »

Speak for yourself and Americans. Where I live, I pay in full for my own education. I conduct my own experiments and do my own research to verify what I am taught. And the American givernment has no say in what is taught in our universities here. Most of the time as a matter of fact, here you guys are officially persona non grata.

And yes, we have verified that the Earth is an oblate spheroid. And Man has landed on the moon (including the semi failed ISRO mission few weeks back)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:06:24 AM by SpaceCadet »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 11:38:50 AM »

Quite right. They also believed the sun went under the flat earth. Should we accept that is the flat earth theory on how night happens?

The people of those regions believed the earth was flat due to the extent of their knowledge and observations. The talmud on the other hand doesn't teach that the earth is flat. It's teaching are on Man's relationship with God. Not science and geography.

You should accept that there are people with different FE theories, and if one of them believe the sun goes under the flat earth, then you should accept that is part of their flat earth theory.

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »

You should accept that there are people with different FE theories, and if one of them believe the sun goes under the flat earth, then you should accept that is part of their flat earth theory.

And so everyone's "theory" should be given equal weight?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2019, 09:16:19 AM »

The problem with that is that it isn't really a theory unless there is evidence to support that theory.  A flat earth theory without any evidence is no better than the round earth theory that FE'ers keep denouncing.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »

No, I don't care what weight you give to a theory. You are making up things to disagree with, aren't you? 

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »

No, I don't care what weight you give to a theory. You are making up things to disagree with, aren't you?

Not at all. At least no more than your trying to defend flat earth without actually saying anything.

You say the ancient Hebrews believed the earth was flat, insinuating that is sufficient reason to accept a flat earth

I said they also thought the sun went under the earth asking if we should accept that part of their theory with the other part that said the earth was flat.

Pray tell, if you are fine with one aspect of their theory, why do you oppose my mentioning another aspect of the same belief?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
I haven't tried to defend FET at all in this thread. Are you even following along?  I answered the question posed in this reply https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=83193.msg2204515#msg2204515  Then you asked questions, and I answered them. Each question you asked was based on a strawman. Just like your last question is based on a strawman.

"Pray tell, if you are fine with one aspect of their theory, why do you oppose my mentioning another aspect of the same belief?"

When did I oppose you mentioning another aspect of the same belief? When did you even mention another aspect of the same belief?  When did I say I was fine with one aspect of their theory?  You are just making shit up. I'm beginning to wonder about your reading comprehension skills.

I don't know if this will help you at all, since you are determined to make stuff up I haven't said, but here goes-  There are FE who base their FET on the Bible. Specifically the Old Testament.

Now, I'm sure you will find a way to misinterpret that.

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2019, 03:52:04 PM »
I haven't tried to defend FET at all in this thread. Are you even following along?  I answered the question posed in this reply https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=83193.msg2204515#msg2204515  Then you asked questions, and I answered them. Each question you asked was based on a strawman. Just like your last question is based on a strawman.

"Pray tell, if you are fine with one aspect of their theory, why do you oppose my mentioning another aspect of the same belief?"

When did I oppose you mentioning another aspect of the same belief? When did you even mention another aspect of the same belief?  When did I say I was fine with one aspect of their theory?  You are just making shit up. I'm beginning to wonder about your reading comprehension skills.

I don't know if this will help you at all, since you are determined to make stuff up I haven't said, but here goes-  There are FE who base their FET on the Bible. Specifically the Old Testament.

Now, I'm sure you will find a way to misinterpret that.

And I'll say it again like I said at the first. They base their belief on thier own interpretation of the Bible.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2019, 04:26:23 PM »
If that makes you happy, we don't tell you what theories you're allowed to believe in.

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
hello guys and gals!

flat earth for beginners
uckfield civic centre uk
saturday 26.10.2019
FREE ENTRY!
9-5pm
audio-visual delight
all welcome!
Excellent!  Hope you have lots of fun!  Not sure yet if I can make it, although we live not far from Uckfield.  I hope you've sent an invite to Uckfield's most celebrated [ex?-] resident, Nicholas van Hoogstraten...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:30:28 AM by levitator »