What else do Flat-Earthers believe?

• 120 Replies
Re: What else do Flat-Earthers believe?
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2019, 04:10:29 AM »
]You seem to be the one "failing to distinguish between the words prove and evidence."

Surely your claiming that "The earth is flat" presopposes that you think that you have proven that the earth is flat.
No.

It presupposes I am relying on the best possible evidence I have at my disposal and that is my own two unencumbered eyes.

My claim is my claim.

I have offered my evidence.
But i'll change the question slightly, just for YOU:
You stated, "No, I mean it looks flat to everybody."
and so I have to ask: "Is that supposed to be evidence that the earth is flat?
Yes.

Because it is evidence the earth is flat.
Because the real deal is worthless...
Now run away and bother someone who cares!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2019, 04:16:48 AM »
]You seem to be the one "failing to distinguish between the words prove and evidence."

Surely your claiming that "The earth is flat" presopposes that you think that you have proven that the earth is flat.
No.

It presupposes I am relying on the best possible evidence I have at my disposal and that is my own two unencumbered eyes.

My claim is my claim.

Yes.

Well, I disagree that it is any evidence at all for flat earth for the simple reason that when viewed from a low altitude the horizon on the Globe should look perfectly flat, at least within your ability to measure it.

kopfverderber

• Atheist
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2019, 04:41:31 AM »
Yes it looks flat and it looks like the sun is hiding underground during the night.  Evidence for old flat earth wins.
"What giants?" said Sancho Panza.

"Those thou seest there," answered his master, "with the long arms, and some have them nearly two leagues long."

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2019, 07:24:25 AM »
How can evidence for a flat earth win when no evidence has been provided other than statements such as "look out your window". How is that evidence? Can one of the FE crew please explain?

Yes it looks flat and it looks like the sun is hiding underground during the night.  Evidence for old flat earth wins.

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2019, 08:59:09 AM »

No.

My claim is my claim.

Yes.

Your eyes?

Defeinitely not your brain

rvlvr

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2019, 09:16:15 AM »
FE also believes they will not go to their graves without the world opening its eyes to all the lies and deceit of NASA and shadow government(s). ítis, alas, sheer folly.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:18:00 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2019, 10:42:31 AM »
How can evidence for a flat earth win when no evidence has been provided other than statements such as "look out your window". How is that evidence? Can one of the FE crew please explain?

You're wasting your time on this subject. There is no argument or evidence or proof you can provide that will change minds here no matter how well thought out or how well presented. You will either be accused of being part of the conspiracy, brainwashed, indoctrinated, or gullible.. You could take a believer up in a rocket to space and you'd be accused of drugging them or faking the ride to space or even faking the space station. Any experience or expertise you have will be considered faked or unverifiable or wrong. No one will or has attempted to fly or sail to the edge to provide concrete proof. The sheer magnitude of this conspiracy would be massive and the fact that no one involved has ever let the cat out of the bag is hard to believe considering how much people these days love to let secrets slip..

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »
You know what @Chekinitout1 - you are absolutely spot on with that observation there!

I am duly convinced 100%, that the Flat Earth Community - at least the hard core brigade - are so completely indoctrinated or brainwashed with the idea that the earth is flat that they literally cannot see beyond that, no matter what is presented to them to prove they are wrong.

Attention to all Flat Earth Believers: So the only acceptable form of evidence really then, if the earth is indeed as flat as you say it is, is to go to the edge (and of course you will need to bring a number of the normal people, whoops I mean people who believe the earth to be spherical-shaped (which naturally it is) for verification and confirmation.

Which of course cannot happen because.... why??? Drumroll please.... Because the earth is not flat. There's a surprise. Not.

You're wasting your time on this subject. There is no argument or evidence or proof you can provide that will change minds here no matter how well thought out or how well presented. You will either be accused of being part of the conspiracy, brainwashed, indoctrinated, or gullible.. You could take a believer up in a rocket to space and you'd be accused of drugging them or faking the ride to space or even faking the space station. Any experience or expertise you have will be considered faked or unverifiable or wrong. No one will or has attempted to fly or sail to the edge to provide concrete proof. The sheer magnitude of this conspiracy would be massive and the fact that no one involved has ever let the cat out of the bag is hard to believe considering how much people these days love to let secrets slip..
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:22:22 PM by besters »

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2019, 03:11:27 PM »
Hi Space Cowgirl,

Listen up, so if you're not going to provide the evidence which I have been asking for to state your case for the earth being flat, I will specify what you are to bring to the table so you can do so.

IF the earth is flat, go to the edge of it please and take a selection of pictures and videos. Please ensure you bring along a normal person, whoops I mean a member of the Round Earth Brigade so as to verify what you are presenting as your evidence.

I look forward to seeing the pictures and videos along with the associated affidavits to add credibility to your findings.

Look out your window.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:19:49 PM by besters »

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2019, 03:15:49 PM »
@Tom Bishop,

I have repeatedly requested evidence for this flat earth you keep talking about and still none has been provided.

So, I shall explain what you are to do in terms of evidence provision.

IF the earth is as flat as you say it is, please go to the edge of it and take a selection of pictures and videos, taking along with you a member of the Round Earth Community of your choice. Arrange for the affidavits to be sworn accordingly to add credibility to your findings and upload them to the FES website for our perusal and judgement.

Provide that or accept that the earth is spherical-shaped. End of story. Cheers.

Space Cowgirl told you to look out your window and your response is that it might be an illusion. Pretty weak response, IMO.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2019, 07:19:58 PM »
There is no edge because the earth is an infinite flat plane.

Also, you need to settle down.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2019, 09:46:53 PM »

If that were the case wouldn't a photo like this:

Show a plane extending indefinitely into the distance?  An infinite plane viewed at any altitude would be visible infinitely into the distance; you wouldn't see any black sky, the horizon would retreat until it was totally out of view and the plane would be the only thing visible. 

This image was provided by another flat earther, by the way.  It was Shifter, if that matters.
With all the woes facing our planet do we need a flat earth to add to them...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2019, 01:13:20 AM »
But not all flat earthers believe that "the earth is an infinite flat plane". One such is Mark Sargent with his enclosed dome.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2019, 01:37:48 AM »
Fine, but how is one supposed to come round to your way off thinking when the only argument is "look out your window"? It just doesn't stack up, at all.

rvlvr

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2019, 02:00:13 AM »
There is really precious little FEers have in common. Not surprised as it makes sense (as it is difficult to have a common model when there is no model).

Stash

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2019, 02:02:56 AM »
Fine, but how is one supposed to come round to your way off thinking when the only argument is "look out your window"? It just doesn't stack up, at all.

Besters, if I might provide some feedback,

You're basically asking a group of people to convince you of something that you will never be convinced of, reclining, asking them to feed you with flat earth grapes of knowledge dropped in your mouth so you don't need to raise a limb to even reach toward an alternate point of view. It's a shitty position to assume on your part regardless of the argument at hand. You know, humanity and all.

Broad strokes are pointless. Think, for example, how does a sunset work on a flat earth? Then search, poke around the wiki, etc., regarding sunsets and flat earth. You'll find myriad discussions old and new. If there's an active discussion on the subject, join in, or if you feel the subject hasn't been explored, start one. But be pointed. Deliberate. Put some effort in or don't at all.

I hope this finds you well.

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2019, 02:51:30 AM »
Hi Stash,

Well, that's a good point you have there.

However, a sudden, unexpected and stark realisation has just dawned upon me...

It's so obvious I don't know how I overlooked it!

Here it is...

So the flat earth community must surely possess a superior intellect; one that is far, far superior to the likes of Newton, Einstein, Hawking, Cox and countless other fine minds of science.

For where our friends Newton, Hawking et al have all failed to come to the conclusion that the earth is but a flat infinite plane, the brilliant minds of the flat earth community have worked this out - contrary to popular belief. And to top it all off, without providing a shred of credible evidence! It is surely an understatement to call this feat simply amazing as it far transcends that description.

And so lives one of biggest conspiracy theories in the history of mankind, far greater than the so-called "faked moon landings"!

Let us all bow down in honour and respect of the Flat Earth Community. Hear, Hear! Have a cheer! Long live the Flat Earth Community  :D :D :D

Does that just about sum it all up in a nutshell, I mean? I had to paraphrase a bit but you get the general idea?

You're basically asking a group of people to convince you of something that you will never be convinced of, reclining, asking them to feed you with flat earth grapes of knowledge dropped in your mouth so you don't need to raise a limb to even reach toward an alternate point of view. It's a shitty position to assume on your part regardless of the argument at hand. You know, humanity and all.

Broad strokes are pointless. Think, for example, how does a sunset work on a flat earth? Then search, poke around the wiki, etc., regarding sunsets and flat earth. You'll find myriad discussions old and new. If there's an active discussion on the subject, join in, or if you feel the subject hasn't been explored, start one. But be pointed. Deliberate. Put some effort in or don't at all.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:56:56 AM by besters »

rvlvr

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2019, 03:06:30 AM »
Are HAARP and chemtrails a thing, too? Among FE? Canít remember seeing those here.

Stash

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2019, 03:31:26 AM »
Hi Stash,

Well, that's a good point you have there.

However, a sudden, unexpected and stark realisation has just dawned upon me...

It's so obvious I don't know how I overlooked it!

Here it is...

So the flat earth community must surely possess a superior intellect; one that is far, far superior to the likes of Newton, Einstein, Hawking, Cox and countless other fine minds of science.

For where our friends Newton, Hawking et al have all failed to come to the conclusion that the earth is but a flat infinite plane, the brilliant minds of the flat earth community have worked this out - contrary to popular belief. And to top it all off, without providing a shred of credible evidence! It is surely an understatement to call this feat simply amazing as it far transcends that description.

And so lives one of biggest conspiracy theories in the history of mankind, far greater than the so-called "faked moon landings"!

Let us all bow down in honour and respect of the Flat Earth Community. Hear, Hear! Have a cheer! Long live the Flat Earth Community  :D :D :D

Does that just about sum it all up in a nutshell, I mean? I had to paraphrase a bit but you get the general idea?

I don't disagree. You've seen my posts. You know where I stand. I'm just saying, you don't have to be a dick about it.

In engaging with the contrary, there is a lot to be learned. It makes you look, makes you discover, maybe things you haven't thought about our world since you were in school. Makes you not take for granted what the cosmos has to offer. What you take away from here is equivalent to what you put in. 

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »
So you're using your senses, when Space Cowgirl suggested one shouldn't rely just on that.
That doesn't surprise me.

She is frequently wrong and doesn't write my posts.
I refer you to my post about the three bowls of water of varying temperature. What will your senses tell you then?
I didn't see your post about three bowls of water.
And if you're now saying that just using your eyes will prove a fact...
Again, either a case of sheer obstinance or utter failure to recognize the difference between the words "prove," and "evidence."

See my reply #12 on page 1 about the bowls of water. Itís a technique demonstrating your senses are not absolute tests or measures of fact.

Your reliance is on just what your eyes apparently see whilst ignoring other facts and how they fit in context. Such as the very simple fact that you are very small, the earth is very big and you will only see a very very very small part of it at ground level. But you should know this if you applied your critical thinking.

In any case, I have used my eyes. And one of the pieces of evidence is seeing land, buildings, lighthouses, etc., rise from below the horizon as we approached them on a boat, and set below it as we left. Entirely consistent with a sphere earth.

Anyway, a simple way for you to measure a sphere earth:

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 08:57:20 AM by Romp »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »

Show a plane extending indefinitely into the distance?  An infinite plane viewed at any altitude would be visible infinitely into the distance; you wouldn't see any black sky, the horizon would retreat until it was totally out of view and the plane would be the only thing visible. 

This image was provided by another flat earther, by the way.  It was Shifter, if that matters.

Space travel isn't possible. (ps, Shifter isn't a flat earther)
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »

Why should it show the infinite plane when there is no light to be seen beyond our boundary?

Remember, our sun is close and does not light up all of the surface at the same time. The darkens you see is night over another part of the Plane. You cannot take a picture of something if light is not present.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they canít actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2019, 11:56:25 AM »

Why should it show the infinite plane when there is no light to be seen beyond our boundary?

Remember, our sun is close and does not light up all of the surface at the same time. The darkens you see is night over another part of the Plane. You cannot take a picture of something if light is not present.

If there is no light to see, how do you know there is a plane hiding in the darkness and not maybe just the edge?

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »
Love the one about earth being an infinite, flat plane! I'll add that into my Book of All Time Favourite Jokes  8)

Plat Terra

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2019, 11:58:58 AM »
Hi Space Cowgirl,

Listen up, so if you're not going to provide the evidence which I have been asking for to state your case for the earth being flat, I will specify what you are to bring to the table so you can do so.

IF the earth is flat, go to the edge of it please and take a selection of pictures and videos. Please ensure you bring along a normal person, whoops I mean a member of the Round Earth Brigade so as to verify what you are presenting as your evidence.

I look forward to seeing the pictures and videos along with the associated affidavits to add credibility to your findings.

Look out your window.

We cannot take a picture of your fairy tale. There is no Edge. You have been programed to believe there is an edge and spread the fairy tale. You have also been programed to believe in curvature and spread the same lie. Youíre not doing very well at proving either.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they canít actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2019, 12:23:51 PM »
Hi Space Cowgirl,

Look out your window.

We cannot take a picture of your fairy tale. There is no Edge. You have been programed to believe there is an edge and spread the fairy tale. You have also been programed to believe in curvature and spread the same lie. Youíre not doing very well at proving either.

It's not about taking a picture of it. Just how do you know it's there if you can't see it in the darkness?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2019, 01:57:50 PM »
Hi Space Cowgirl,

Look out your window.

Well, what is the dividing line between the earth and the black of something above it?

To me it looks like earth, atmosphere fading into space.

Plat Terra

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
This picture of a Flat Earth horizon is exactly how a Flat Earth horizon should look. If Earth's horizon curved, then it should look curved and not like this.

Stash

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2019, 02:34:03 PM »
This picture of a Flat Earth horizon is exactly how a Flat Earth horizon should look. If Earth's horizon curved, then it should look curved and not like this.

At only 105,000 feet and that narrow of a lens view, that's exactly how a globe earth would look.

You still haven't answered my question. How do you know there's an infinite plane hiding in the darkness if you can't see it?

Plat Terra

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2019, 02:39:09 PM »

At only 105,000 feet and that narrow of a lens view, that's exactly how a globe earth would look.

You still haven't answered my question. How do you know there's an infinite plane hiding in the darkness if you can't see it?

Prove that's exactly how it should look (for a sphere) and a narrow lens used. The words of the opposition donít carry any weight.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 02:42:39 PM by Plat Terra »